I recently inherited an auto v6 Convertible Mustang from 2013 Veeky Forums...

I recently inherited an auto v6 Convertible Mustang from 2013 Veeky Forums. Is there anything I can do to make this car any better, or is it forever gonna be a rental car/faggotmobile?

Selling/trading isn't really an option as I got it from a relative.

>pic semi related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uG7p-q6jf6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

eh, you could throw a turbocharger on it but in all honesty why dont you just enjoy the car as is? Ford's v6 is alright, the one i have has held up many years without much maintenance.

>auto v6 convertible
there's literally nothing you could do, just sell it

>Selling/trading isn't really an option
is the title in your name? if so, it is. If the person is still alive thank them for the vehicle, and tell them it is going towards a car you've always wanted. if they're dead it's not like they could be upset.

>Auto

Sell and get a manual

Never drove a manual before. This doesn't have paddle shifters but it has a couple buttons that act the same on the side of the shifter. Would that be enough to learn?

>auto v6 Convertible Mustang

It's unironically objectively worthless to any enthusiast with a brain

Try and sell it for like $10k+ to an unsuspecting retard & buy a real, V8 Mustang

Also cut all ties with the brain-dead subhuman of a relative who paid real money for an auto + V6 Mustang

i guess it really comes down to preference, but theres really no need for a manual, if you are going to use it as a daily then the auto is more than perfect. everyone on here will hold the manual transmission to a higher standard only because it represents a sense of nostalgia. enjoy your car man, dont let the memes get to you

No

Trade it in for something better, anyone asks just say you couldn't afford mustang insurance and the gas it would drink

It needs boost and a good exhaust

is this your first car? because i would just say embrace it. the only time ive ever been given a car was when my dad gave me his old truck when i was around 17. the thing had alot of problems but i was happy to just have a vehicle.

I'm not gonna sell the damn car because the person who gave it to me really enjoyed it and wanted me to have it. Plus, I unironically kinda like it.

Don't sell it, that's a perfectly fine car man unless you're rich and can buy whatever you want

All it needs is some boost and a good set of pipes and you will be having a good time

well then enjoy it for what it is, just know that 99% of the modifications you make are a waste of money. There's nothing wrong with just enjoying the fact that you have a good car.

>boosting an auto V6 mustang

i agree with this dude, enjoy this car as is and put the money that you wanted to spend on this towards some other project

I agree that it's not financially wise but he said he wants to improve the car

Surely an aftermarket exhaust wouldn't be a bad choice though would it?

Any aftermarket on that car is a bad choice

>would that be enough to learn?
No. Manuél isn't really about knowing when to switch gears anyway. Most of it is the clutch.

Supercharging would be easier.

At least it's the 3.7, right? Not the 4.0?

>plus, i unironically kinda like it.
well, there you go.. just keep it nice and clean and do normal maintenance on it. enjoy the fact that you're not a bus rider.

you would spend about 5-800 dollars to gain maybe 2 hp. honestly it's like modifying a camry, you can put as much money as you want in but you're still drivving a camry/v6 mustang.

you won't see a return on the investment, and if anything it will hurt resale. These are cars that deserve to be kept stock.

supercharging may be a bit easier, alot of money to put down on this though

>v6 mustang
fucking worthless

I thought this was a board of auto enthusiasts.

Not worth a full exhaust but I'm sure that you could get a couple mufflers that make normies think it's a V8

ls swap it.

for funny maymays

Shorten engine life tho wouldn't it

COYOTE SWAP
O
Y
O
T
E

S
W
A
P

Find a totalled GT and swap the drivetrain mang. Which tripfag was that with the two totalled cars? He can help you pick out a terrible donor car!

So would turbocharging it. Or any real performance mods.

It's about the same but you can supercharge it with much less work. Although since it's a V6 in a car built for a V8, I'm sure you would have room if you wanted to go full intercooler and headers and all that good shit.

exactly, if he wants to enjoy this car then hell leave it stock

not worth the effort.

the GT is more than an engine, it has beefier suspension, better brakes, better rear axle, different transmission, all of the wiring and accessories, different fueling, and different chassis strengthening.

for a guy who knows nothing about cars, this is a titanic undertaking, especially on a v6 auto mustang convertible.

Keep it than fuck Veeky Forums, id like to have that car. Sure it isnt the V8 but its a nice looking car with a semi decent engine.

It's not about hp my man it's about the exhaust note, think about what he has to listen to every day

No no not a full exhaust, just a muffler setup that sounds much better than stock

and I am saying it's not worth the expense on a disposable car. mufflers are cheap, but at the end of the day it's going to sound like a can of bees.

Lucky bitch I'm over here dreaming of a first car and my Jew family won't even let me drive theirs.

dont listen to him. there's exhausts that make these nearly identical to the v8. just a little more pricey than average.

heck, you could see about trading it in for a v8 manual mustang. use the argument that its the same thing but you just wanted the v8 cuz of power.

Find a v6 ecoboost in a crashed f150 and do a swap. I'd do other mods over time before doing the engine swap, like suspension and the rear end. You could be the only guy on here with a v6 ecoboost mustang though.

An auto V6 mustang is not an enthusiast car

>Selling/trading isn't really an option as I got it from a relative.
wot
they would have wanted you to be happy right? so sell it and by a real mustang and be happy and think of how they made it possible every time you're cruising around listening to that wonderful v8 rumble

>there's exhausts that make these nearly identical to the v8. just a little more pricey than average

Yup that's why I suggested it, and if he wants he can throw on a boost kit and it'll be just like a V8

>You get a running car for free
>You're already bitching about it

Are you a Millenial? Are you Entitled? Are you an Entitled Millenial?

>i'm too autistic to buy a v8 but i want to be a faggot poser

>would that be enough to learn

not even kidding some days it would kill to have a decent v6 convertible you can throw around without it being anything more special then a rental car. i wouldn't pay for one butwouldn't sell one if i had it

Did you read the thread retard? OP doesn't want to sell or trade it but wants to improve the car, we gave him reasonable suggestions

I just remembered...

CATSTANG!

Catstang did it. Or thought he could.

No, Manuèl is the only way to drive a mustang.

No, sorry OP, you will always be known as "that faggot with a mustang"

All you can do is admit you're a fag when people make fun of you

>but wants to improve the car
which is a futile effort.

thought he could. It is more work than it is worth compared to just buying a gt.

This, go to any uhaul and get a manuél to shift your gears

Post car

Also this You don't need to make it rumble like a hot rodded V8, but you could look for some Borla mufflers or whatever that will give you a little more noise when you get on the throttle.

Don't cheap out on mufflers tho or you will look and sound like a fag. But it won't be that expensive.

You can also try and get it tuned. Sometimes a good intake, cat-back, and a tune will give you just enough to make it feel better than a typical V6 mustang.

Start with the exhaust and suspension. Then think about the engine.

>Borla

Good pick, Borla is what I had in mind

New headers couldn't hurt either but it depends on how much he wants to put into the car

youtu.be/uG7p-q6jf6I

Just with that car, don't get anything too crazy. You can find lots of options that will make it sound good when you want to hoon a bit, but won't make you look like a fuccboi in traffic below

I have a v6 camaro, its a fun DD without race car maintenance costs.

Keep it and pull some sik skidz

Keep it as is and enjoy being faster than most of o with a v6 auto tragic mustang. Just look at the saltyness in this thread already.
Trade for a v8 in a few years and tell relative you love it and want to upgrade.

>would that be enough to learn

Seriously/ The 2013 v6 isnt the same v6 from the newedge and the model after. It's more than enough power to cruise and enjoy the convertable top. Just enjoy the car.

Roll with it, enjoy it for what it is. Any money you wanted to use for mods should be set aside for a vehicle you really want. When you get that car, this one can be a reliable backup vehicle or you can sell it. Since you inherited it, you're making profit.

What exactly is wrong with it? You got it for free, and it's a great powerful car, literally no reason to sell it if you don't want to

>inb4 some bench racer ranting about "le 0 60"