How far can you push the original engine in the Metro...

How far can you push the original engine in the Metro? I'm talking with modifcations like forged internals and turbos and what not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HoIzbvEfG7Y?t=80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't push the engines hard. Maybe 100hp. Low psi turbo like 8psi. Forged internals don't exist for the g10 motors so that's why you can't push it. Best you do is a fresh rebuild and turbo. You'd be better with getting the 16v suzuki motor

O' mighty MetroMan, what is the ultimate daily, and why is it the Metro?

(I'm deciding between a Metro, Celica, SC, or LS as a replacement for my daily, all for different reasons of course.)

>Forged internals don't exist for the g10 motors
That's why you order custom stuff

just get the 1.3 engine with 16 valves, that makes about 70 hp

>$2,000 custom crank
>$350 for custom pistons
>$300 for custom rods
>custom manifold
>custom plumbing
>T25 turbo @ 1 bar

enjoy youre barely over 100hp

Yeah but 100hp in a car that weighs less than 1900 pounds

>Metros weigh 1,800 lbs

Good Jesus.

thats pathetic

>everything is forged
>one bar
3 is more like it

Well, anything's possible, it's just a question of money and time. If there's no stock forged cranks and pistons, well - that means you'll have to fabricate it or pay someone to fabricate it.

Now as to why you'd want to do such a thing, I'll leave for others to debate...

not on a T25 you wont

psi=/=power you know

and on an engine that small there isnt many options

You're forgetting the custom camshaft there

>why you'd want to do such a thing
Because it'd be cool

Why is this tripfag such a faggot? Like every thread. Why so bitter fag?

Then put a bigger tarbo on then. Also psi is proportional to power when you take care of the bottlenecks

Some people like to take their failure in life out on others

>not being a retarded kid makes you bitter

ayy lmao sorry you cant deal with reality

but I guess I should just be a circlejerking faggot and always be LMAO THIS WUD BE SO EPIC!@!!

yeah its a 1.0L 3 cylinder

youre not putting much on it the entire engine is a huge bottleneck

youd likely be better off with a GT1548 which is evern smaller

just having a bigger turbo on and upping the pressure wont make more power either

cool projection

The 4 cylinder 1.3 is loosely based on the gsxr engine. It is possible to get cams and other things for these engines. There was also the gt version of it that is a dohc vs sohc finding one is rare though. Had a samurai with a 1.3 was horrible for an off road vehicle. I think you can swap a 1.6 in it out of a geo tracker.

is there a V8 that you could cram in there?

theres been multiple V8 swaps

will require some hacking and fabrication ofc

youtu.be/HoIzbvEfG7Y?t=80

>upping the pressure wont make more power
that don't seem right

you get to a point youre just blowing hot air or the engine just plain cant muster the exhaust pressure needed

turbos arent just slap on and run ridiculous amounts of boost

Wow user has a point

What about putting in the engine from the Mazda Cosmo? 300 horses, 280 footpounds should be enough for a tiny car like the Metro.

Find a Suzuki Swift GTI turbo front clip and swap it into the Metro. The 1.3 turbo has been seen pushing 300 hp

my stock yaris weighs less than that and makes over 100hp
it's literally nothing

1.3 hp per cubic inch @7000, 1.15 lb ft of torque per cubic inch. Double horsepower for every 14.5 pounds of boost

>Double horsepower for every 14.5 pounds of boost
Fuck yeah I'm doing it.

despite all the memes, you shouldnt expect much from the metro other than being a cheap DD

You know the answer

But honestly it's a good dd. It's gonna break yes. Won't leave you stranded tho. It's fucking so easy to fix. I rebuild my first engine on my metro. Cheap on gas. And despite barely hitting 100kmh it's very fun

Too bad Yaris is a shitty handling ugly piece of thrash with a shitty tranny and n/o is always slower than a tarbo.

>despite barely hitting 100kmh

I'll stick with my 1300 then.

>It's gonna break yes
Mines been fine for almost 30k miles and the only problem I have had was self inflicted. I was cleaning out the wheel wells and got a bit over zealous cleaning the brakes with my power washer, forced water behind the piston boots and they corroded causing the front calipers to stick about six months apart. About £100 each from my local garage for recondition calipers.

Other than that the lifters tap on startup but pretty rarely.

The heads are garbage and don't flow worth a damn, don't waste your time trying to get power.
Do a swap if you wanna go fast, but those cars handle like shit anyways an why bother.

Been looking into finding a metro as a project car.

Can't find any listed online in even decent shape in my city (Columbus, Ohio).

Should I just go out and check out random shitty corner dealers? Anyone got any general tips for finding older, less popular cars?

Takes patience my friend. Keep looking on craigslist. The best thing you can look for is a rust free one. Took me about 10 months.