I can actually afford nice things for once, I can buy a brand new STI if I wanted but would like to settle on a lighter...

I can actually afford nice things for once, I can buy a brand new STI if I wanted but would like to settle on a lighter, funner version
So what is the concensus on these little cars and what is the key difference between BRZ and the 86?
I am mainly interested in the special edition 86 but I heard the BRZ counterpart comes with better extras such as brakes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy a used FR-S or a new BRZ

if you buy a brz you can go to subaru meets
ive heard the interior is nicer

But what is actually the difference aside from the badging?
BRZ looks much more equipped from what I can tell with additional Brembo brakes

Google "gt86 rattle" and never get one of these things new
These things are made on the fucking cheap, they make ND miata look like luxury comparatively

What purpose is this car for OP? If you are set on 86 just get a base BRZ
Mine doesn't rattle, it does however have the famous fuel pump chirp

What in the fuck thanks user
Nevermind this is outrageous

If you can afford nice things then get something nice, not a Subaru.

Obvious bait thread, OP has not replied to anyone

>i have money for the first time in my life
>better blow it all on a depreciating asset

Subaru is one of the best brands for resale, OP isn't completely retarded

I think the brz has heated leather seats as an option while the 86 doesn't.

This user is right

Yeah he's better off with a 3k civic and utter hatred of life

>being poor
lmao

Beyond trim options and stuff is the same car.

It used to be that the rear suspension tuning in the Toyota version is a little more tail happy. I don't know if that difference existing in more recent model years.

what is he gonna do? hoon with a fat bank account?
I don't understand

It's slower than a Veloster.

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

Veloster is turbo shitbox, it should be alot more faster tbqh

Buy a used one, go forced induction. Bam, 300whp sleeper fun box (so long as you don't go hog wild on appearance mods) that'll fuck over 95% of all cars on the road.

They're identical in weight and in horsepower, yet one is FWD and one is RWD....

>rwd btfo

One is designed with better suspension the other has generic econobox suspension. You get alot more torque because of the turbo, it really shouldn't have been that close

>heated seats
who drives these in the winter?

>close

Losing is losing, user.

C'mon son, took you 40 minutes to reply with that? Only thing Veloster has going for it is the turbo'd engine which makes it slightly faster than an 86 which doesn't say much. Suspension and interior on the Hyundai is poor. What do you drive?

>meltdown
GT86 buyers remorse.

Nice argument busrider

>got beat by a Velosturd

>I heard the BRZ counterpart comes with better extras such as brakes
I can assure you, the 86 comes with brakes as well. It's perfectly fine without the brembos, unless you plan on taking it to the track.

There's no key difference between the two, except for Toyota going full retard with the front bumper of the facelift. We can't tell you which interior or extra gimmicks you should like better.

I'd rather own a Velosturd than nocar

I'd rather own nocar than be a beta male.

I'd rather walk on my hands than drive a Molester.

Lmao literal nocar neets

Fuck off faggot, were arguing here.

Plenty of time to shitpost I see

Most people that own them?

How does it make you feel that people would rather endure being a busrider than driving your favourite car?

Pretty good tbqh, feels good knowing angry spergs like you don't drive the same car as me!

>angry spergs

Nice rebuttal, stay upset

I'd probably get one of these, a 215 hp ecu remap and shorten my mortgage with the rest of the money.

Wisdom. If buying new buy an sti or wrx. They depreciate least. Ive seen brz/frs/86s drop thier value in half in just a few years.

Yea because all* subarus have AWD.

*except the one were talking about.

Being nocar automatically makes you beta

Yup, picked up a low-mileage MY13 with all the gizmo packages in fantastic shape for about half the original selling price. Even came with snow tires so I could pop the 16" WRX rims I already had on to run on for most of the year to take the pain out of beat up roads.

Neat bonus is it barely costs any more to insure than my 20 year old beater Impreza did. WRX or STi and you're looking at crazy insurance costs.

Test drive the sti when you're there, the brz feels really fun but the extra 100 hp also feels pretty fun.

I went with a wrx just cause I felt the sti was a little rough for a daily though, and the clutch/gearbox feels much better on the brz

If you ever buy a new car you're just a dumbass who likes to waste money. Save your money, buy a used car, invest in something that will actually contribute towards your future.

Not everyone wants to deal with abused shitbox

underrated

>where do you think we are?

But yeah this user has a point. If by "I can finally afford nice things for once" you meant you came into a lot of money or saved up and it's a one time thing, then yeah blowing it all or a considerable chunk of it on a car is foolish. But if you meant you've got a new job or raise that nets you a huge disposeable income, then do whatevs.