M
O
R
R
O
W

>autoresolve only edition

>caring about naval battles

>limiting naval combat to the game's glorified calculator function in a game featuring 3 different continents

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

>Naval battles
fuck off

It's either that or designing a completely new game within a game, because wh naval battles are more like Battletech than whfb and would not translate well onto TW mechanics.

You seem to have gotten your images mixed up, friend.
But that's okay; I got you ;)

better than anime girls

the mechanics are there

>gunpowder from empire/napoopan/fots for empire/brets/dawi
>classical melee/ranged/arty from rome2/attila for everyone else

>gunpowder
>brets

Plus, the problem most of the time with naval battles in TW was the lack of variety in ships.
Here we could have had very different ships.

>the mechanics are there
You have no idea what you're talking about. Go read up on how whfb naval combat works.
A "napoopan but with fantasy models" would be a complete joke.

>Elf legendary lords are Keklis, limpdick and Cucklion
>meanwhile skaven getting Queek Headtaker, Thanquol and Boneripper and Ikit Klaw

how can elves even compete?

>play monster girl quest
>get raped by dark elf
>now fantasize about a romantic relationship with a dark elf where I get her pregnant and we live a happy life with out dark elf/human kids
>tfw this will never be a reality

ancient lore has bret navy using age of sail ships with gunpowder tech

>A "total war but with fantasy models" would be a complete joke.

That's not the problem at all.
Do you think the field battles look like the tabletop in any way? Because it doesn't, it just supposed to be Total War, not a video game version of the tabletop.
It's just a licensing issue, as CA don't have the Man O War license, GW already sold those and there's a game on Steam.

Tomorrow will be a different today.

>It's just a licensing issue

This has never been the issue - find me a statement from CA where they say that they are unable to make naval battles due to licensing issues

>The Old Friend is never announced
>tfw being blueballed by CA is the real Old Friend all along

>tfw even in Warhammer, in universe, hammer and anvil is the best tactic

Why is it so great, bros?

>Do you think the field battles look like the tabletop in any way?
>models are stuck together and moves as one unit
>rolls which attacks hit and which dont based on stats
>initiative is attack speed
Literally the same.
Meanwhile naval would be NOTHING like the original. How the fuck would you translate different parts of the ship getting hit onto TW mechanics? Make a ship with several hp bars?

>old friend flc is just an update to kemmler where he gets a krell in his model similar to skarsnik w/ gobbla and a melee buff to match

*hello darkness my old friend...*

>naval battles in total war
>ever working well

>CA don't have the Man O War license, GW already sold it
>steel parroting this bullshit
Feel free to post a source anytime.
The reason CA didnt buy it is because they perfectly realise that naval combat was the least popular feature in all the previous tw titles and would just be a waste of money and would have 0 impact on the sales.

>Guy who's claim to fame is taking out some c-listers and conquring a third of a Dwarfen Hold
>Warpstone Addict who can't deal with one Dwarfen hobo and his human buttbudddy
>A rat doing a Spoony cosplay

Clearly, Ulthuan is doomed...

>Queer Headgiver
>Incompetent failure and his bodyguard
>Some nerd

wow

The undead won this battle.

>siege battles in total war
>ever working well

autoresolve-only sieges when?

>>Queer Headgiver

lel

Arkhan cheated because like Nagash, he was weak.

>Queer Headgiver

The battles do look like tabletop - both involve lots of manoeuvering to get to a short combat phase followed by a whole lot of mass routing.

manny pls

Whether it's intentional or not, it's still a licensing issue

nice source

>still no source

This is a Lizard thread and tomorrow is a Lizard day!

You said so yourself
>The reason CA didnt buy it is because
>be a waste of money and would have 0 impact on the sales

not that poster and there is no evidence of CA having problems with naval licenses

The "licensing issue", you imbecile.

Someone else has the Man o' War license, so they might be severely limited in what ships they can include; not even factoring in that many races don't even have ships.

>Azhag with Trolls in Troll Country
>Ungrim in Karak Kadrin
>Gelt in Ostland/Hochland for reasons
>Kemmler in Bretonnia
>Red Duke, Sathorael, and Boris Todbringer
>Kislev
>Marius Leitdorf

When CA?

the game was virtually discontinued in 1995 and rights might have gone to FFG, in any case Priestley put his ambition for it into 2011's dreadfleet, so I doubt GW would license it over dreadfleet to CA. But CA only has rights to 8th thus far and that's where it stands. I doubt CA want to do a naval element and adapting it from dreadfleet would require a lot of work since it's a pretty limited game.

TOOOOOOOMOOORRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOW

>might
>doubt
So literally nothing but specualtion.

Can I attack an army as elves, shoot the fuck out of them until I run out of ammo, and then withdraw from the battle without taking losses?

>Someone else has the Man o' War license, so they might be severely limited in what ships they can include

I see you still do not have a link to any statement from Creative Assembly stating the above

>people don't like a feature because it's badly designed but still has hope for improvement
>scrap it altogether
Bravo, CA.

>muh naval battles
Yeah good luck balancing that shit. It would be like the black ship in S2, dwarf ironclad shits on everything.

Niggah, do you not know how liscensing works?
If someone else has it, you don't get to do it.

SOON

Total War: Lizards riding Dinosaurs tomorrow!

soon

Except that's not how it works.
There's no such thing as exclusive rights in Warhammer.
You acquire a license for a game(s) of a specific genre. GW cant sell rights to another company if thye plan to make a game of the same genre.
That is why Mordheim, Vermintide, Bloodbowl, Total War all use the same license simultaneously.
Man'O'War: Corsair or whoever bought the lisncse would in no way prevent TW naval battles from happenening if CA wanted them in the game.

They should all be dead without you taking any losses

Yes, that's what I do all the time in Norsca since I got there at around turn 15. Once you get waywatchers, you should be killing stuff in one go. Even Archeon.

>we're in the marketing age where you get trailers for impending trailers.

>That is why Mordheim, Vermintide, Bloodbowl, Total War all use the same license simultaneously.
Actually, Mordheim and Bloodbowl are seperate licenses and Vermintide is set during the Endtimes, not 8th, but setting that aside, notice how none of these games share a genre?
That's because most license contracts for games include at least some limited exclusivity.

So even if the Man o' war liscense doesn't outright prevent CA from including naval battles, it would almost certainly keep them from including a lot of stuff present in Man o' War.

I cannot tell if this .gif is supposed to be lewd or not.

this is original, just in case.

>So even if the Man o' war liscense doesn't outright prevent CA from including naval battles

There we go, you finally got it

>watch trailer on youtube
>ad for the same movie I'm about to watch a trailer for
>after ad loads there is a brief clip from the exact trailer I'm watching

Trailer for a trailer that has its own trailer

Niggah no one said they weren't allowed to.

People said; it'd be fucking stupid to include and further hindered by having to exclude stuff that might fall under the license Evil Twing got for Man O' War.

> notice how none of these games share a genre?
That's exactly what I said.
Corsair and Total War are not the same genre.
Why would it prevent CA from including anything?

>noone said they werent allowed to
>muh exclusive rights to man'o'war
Are you backpedaling or just some random user who werent here when this whole discussion started?

>in 2 years time captcha will use trailer authentication where you have to watch a trailer and pick the correct product before you post memes.

It doesn't have to copy whfb rules. TWW doesn't use the TT rules. It's TW with a fantasy skin. Naval battles would be the same. Nobody gives a shit what the rules are for the tabletop game.

>Why would it prevent CA from including anything?
Because unless Evil Twin got the shittiest license contract of all time, they'll have exclusive rights for many terms (Falcon ships, Black Arks etc.) to be used in video games featuring real time naval battle.

>some shit tier literally who dev preventing the most popular WHFB videogame in recent memory from making content

you are a fucking retard

>Lincense law is decided by popularity

>it's a conjecture thread

@176398187
>still no source what so ever
Not even gonna give you a (You).

>Queer headgiver

Cheeky git

twitter.com/totalwar/status/862292666326949888
>CA actually had to remind burgers that not everybody uses their retarded time measure.

OLD FRIEND TOMORROW!

>standing army in Marienburg is fucking ruined by constant Skaeling attacks
>garrison at half strength after a particularly basty fight
>Clan Angrund arrives from across the Old World with a massive relief force, set on the military target besieging the city
>they march up to Marienburg
>they march PAST Marienburg
>they continue walking up the coast
WHY YOU DAWI FUCKING SHITS

BANNERS, STANDARDS, AND MUSICIANS FUCKING WHEN

Next historical title

>No more loyal necromancer posts

kek

I hate Dwarfs so fucking much i can't even put it into words.
I want these fucking jew midgets removed from the game at once.
Only shitters and tactical inbreds play this race because they can't win with anything else for shit.
I FUCKING HATE THEM KILL THEM GAS THEM
REMOVE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
smrfuioaergbuatepjghuatrhhetjhmiopjio[yit[tjhio

G O B L I N S

Be at peace, for that is all I ever want

Excepts it's the other way around.
People who are tired of the same ol' hammer&anvil play dorfs cause they have the best anvil, but no hammer.

I want Dwarfs dead, they ruin all the fun of this game.
Fucking backstabbing cunts that support 90 stacks from 1 province and do nothing else than being a thorn in my eye.
THEY RUIN ALL THE FUCKING FUN IN THE GAME.
GAS DWARFS

I DON'T EVEN HAVE PICTURE THAT CAN EXPRESS MY HATRED AND RAGE

Guys, my younger brother wants to play Warhammer tonight, which is the easiest campaign?

Dwarves on an easier difficulty I'd say.

Probably Dwarfs, build walls and those pesky greenskins wouldn't be able to take your settlements.

Dwarfs are ultimate shitter race, it's autopilot campaign

Source on the portrait on the left of pic?

What we know so far:
TWW2
- Won't have sieges
- Won't have minor settlements
- Won't have tax
- Won't have public order
- Won't have Vampiric Corruption
- Won't have Chaos Corruption
- Won't have Growth
- Won't have Army Stances

When playing Tanoohkidz in Attila, you get free Rebellion Militia units from raiding enemy lands. Isn't this a perfect mechanic for Chaos to have?

>source: my nonexistent testicle

>