pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw you were a massive knightfag who hated all dragons and dragonposters
>tfw dragonsis slowly made you realize the error of your ways
Thanks /dsg/.
I'm a dragonfag now.

1st for dragonsis cunt

How do I make Faith not shit? Do I just use the meme king's crucifix and pray? I just want an excuse to make a healslut for my playthrough with my gf

DS1 pvp wasn't terrible between players with good connections where both was focusing on winning the battle on a pvp-dedicated build, and both have seen (and knew the counters to) the meme builds or glitches / exploits before.

DS1 pvp was AWFUL in any normal playthrough of the game or before you had experience with metagame shit. Which was 99% of invasions in the first two years of release until DS2 came out. They have tried really hard to get away from the "Dark souls is a great game but the players/community is awful" stereotype ever since.

One of the reasons why the community hovered around SL120 is that it was high enough that you wouldn't be matched up against anyone playing the normal game, only against people actively seeking pvp.

When people complain about DS1 pvp, it's not about the stats or balance or metagame or even the memes, it's about how many other players' experiences were ruined by those things.

Saying DS1 pvp isn't so bad because you learned to counter its bullshit is like saying you enjoyed getting raped in prison because prison became fun once you learned how to avoid being raped.

>Decreased stamina consumption for Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords attack and increased attack power of Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords

I honestly think the devs are just trolling us at this point.

Faith is top tier right now, what the fuck are you on about?

Everytime I have been summoned as a spear, I played as a pyromancer with projected heal equipped. If the estus, just cast it. You can also just swap all of your estus stacks to blue for the fight, since I think it only blocks orange.

No he didn't. You give him far too much credit. None of his humour is unique. It's just your basic le ebin meme xD *posts smug anime girl* humour that 12 year old redditors use.

The memelords and the nine inch nails fans are the same fucking people. The only people watching OnlyCuckfro's videos are Souls fans to begin with.

It's not that those builds couldn't be beaten (although TwoP gankers were pretty much unbeatable) it's that PvP in DS1 was fundementally flawed. None of those stupid backstab fishing mechanics were even intentional design decisions. All that shit like dead angling were bugs. PvP matches basically came down to who could exploit these bugs more consistently.

I'm not saying that it wasn't fun at the time but compared to DS3 or even DS2 it was incredibly flawed and broken.

Oh yeah, 1.14 patch notes:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

You should seek help

>Reduced rotation capabilities of the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords
>Decreased stamina consumption for Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords attack and increased attack power of Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords
>Fixed issue where the art for the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords could still be performed when there was insufficient FP

??

??????

All those bugs and flaws, as you call them, made the PvP much deeper and more fun as a result. It's no different than how fighting game combos started out as a bug.

means you're getting a free backstab on rkpgs

You have to go into ng+7 for it to actually get ___fun___

>as you call them

That's what they are: bugs. Unintentional flaws in the game's code.

If you think chain backstabbing someone by abusing those bugs is deep and fun PvP then I don't know what to say to you other than: you're a faggot.

>what the fuck are you on about?
I haven't played in 3 months, what happened?
Are you talking about spear-throwing, heal-slinging clerics or the builds that only use Faith to scale their weapon and apply ToD?

Dude what are you talking about? They are the same people. The people who post smug anime girls and watch OnlyCuckfro videos are the same fedora tipping edgelords that listen to Nine Inch Nails.

What planet are you living on where you think there's a distinction between those two groups of weebs?

No U!

Only a retard got chain stabbed more than once. After you learned how the worked, you had any number of options for dealing with them, and you would only get caught if your opponent read you correctly.

You could also completely negate them in one way, though you would probably eat a regular R1 in exchange.

Faith got 2 amazing miracles in the form of Lightning Arrow and Projectile Heal and one of the best weapons in the game, Crucifix of the Meme King. Also Sunlight Straight Sword now scales B in faith.

The fact that it's even possible to do something like that is a massive design flaw.

Just admit that DS1 PvP is shit. It was fun at the time because it was all we had but compared to what we have now it's garbage. Utter garbage.

Bug, yes. Flaw, no.

Like I said, combos started out as a bug too. Yet, you happily use true combos in DaS3

COME ONE COME ALL BECAUSE THERE'S A TOURNEY ON THE HORIZON

NOBLES VERSUS PEASANTS: /dsg/ showdown

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion on May 19th, 5pm PST. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one Steam IDs will be organized via that channel and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-There will be two teams: Peasantry and Nobility. Once you’ve made the choice you can’t go back. Both teams have a certain list of approved weapons you can check on the sign-up sheet. Not following the rules results in a disqualification (and public shaming)
-Maximum Soul Level of 80 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Undead Settlement and ending at Lothric Castle.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disincentive passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, spells like Bountiful Sunlight, and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.
-Requirements to join: Discord and/or Steam ID for organization purposes
If people don't respond a week prior to the tournament and they've signed up, they're disqualified

>Heavy infusion reduces stability
BRAVO M

>Ledo's buffed across the board
>Spears good against gank squads again
>animation cancels for whips
>buffed PUGS back up for some absurd reason, slightly offset by tracking nerf
>fixed Lothric War Banner FP regen glitch
>Quakestone Hammer anti-nerfed
>nerfed Gael's R1L1R1 combo
>an actual fucking buff to Farron Memesword
>not sure what the fuck this is for Bloodlust, if it's a buff or nerf
>buff to Luck, and for some absurd reason buff to ASS
>nerfed SSS
>maybe worthwhile to use Aquamarine now
>buff to Repeating Crossbow, maybe worth actually equipping now?
>removed Partaking, RIP
>nerfed Projected Heal, but not in the way it needed to be
>nerfed Lightning Arrow in a meaningless way
>infinite respec may or may not be gone

So, all around a good patch?

Yeah, the problem is that now you can roll behind the retard charge and still end up getting 180 no scope cock slapped by the second L1

Besides, in its current state it's a shitter weapon designed to kill other shitters so this might make it more popular for less shitty players

It's a fair trade

Is reactive running R1s and zoning still the only viable way to play?

It is a flaw. It's so much of a flaw that you need to learn another flawed buggy mechanic in order to avoid it. How can you defend this shit?

Do you honestly think that DS1 PvP was better than DS3? Take off those rose-tinted nostalgia goggles man.

>Hurr let's make projected heal absolutely useless

Fuck you From, just remove the self healing HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT

I dunno, PvP in DaS1 was pretty shit from a technical perspective.

But! It fit the game very well. I still think all of this duel shit is retarded and, in my opinion, goes against the spirit of the Soulsborne games. I feel like the quintessential Souls PvP is, and always has been, being invaded or invading in the course of a normal playthrough.

When you are struggling through an area and you hear the invasion sound, see the invasion message, the thrill of terror as you realise that there is now somebody hunting you who actively desires to stop you from progressing through the game - And what other reason is there? The rewards have always been mediocre. It's always been about the fun, the roleplay, the immersion, and the human connection, intentionally limited to the gesture system, and all the more meaningful for it.

You invade because you want to make somebody's life difficult. Bullying is fun! That's the point! The game is not fair, and never claims to be fair. Starting the game, knowing this, is a tacit admission that you are okay with being invaded, and why invasion is an intended and expected part of things. It makes the game harder. It is adversity, it is challenge, it is bullshit, but it makes you feel all the more alive when you overcome it anyway.

This is why I forgive the true mediocrity of Dark Souls 1 PvP, and why I won't forgive the PvP in Dark Souls 3 despite it being (technically, at least) better*. It's not about fairness, never was. It's about the joy of being an asshole, and the satisfaction of overcoming all the assholes who want to keep you down.

*Gank Squads are a huge contributor to this

Too bad lightning arrow, projected heal and SSS are all getting gutted in the next patch, so we're back to quality only meta.

I am cautiously optimistic

I don't think it needs numerical buffs, though.

>Gael's WA combo getting nerfed
>Splitleaf's combo and damage which is even higher than Gael's while being buffable not touched at all

BRAVO TANIMURA

>How can you defend this shit?
Combos.

>Farron Greatsword buffs

rev up those sick flips

>removed Partaking, RIP
Fear not, the nerf, my friend. And let the feast begin.

>dragon form will never get buffed
But why?

What does that even mean?

Combos are an intentional mechanic in fighting games. Whether or not they started off as a bug is irrelevant since they are now a core mechanic in every single fighting game.

If dead angle attack, toggle escapes and spaghetti carbonara backstabs (whatever the fuck they're called) were fun and engaging mechanics then they would have intentionally been carried over to DS2 and DS3.

They weren't because those were flawed, broken and unfun mechanics for the vast majority of players.

So heavy weapons are still universally bad, right?

Sometimes I think Miyazaki plays this games only occasion, and then has developers on speed dial to nerf whatever he loses against the most. And buff his preferences. It's probably not too far off.

>Is reactive running R1s
Gets hard countered by a shield and/or some form of ranged option

Zoning has always been imprtant

So the question is: what does he use?

Definitely not magic of any kind. Probably some kind of greatsword with HA.

Which strategies/weapons are viable right now then?

Combos made the games better and started as bugs. It proves that unintentional mechanics do not always make something worse, as you are seeming to imply.

Combos are broken and unfun for shitters too, i.e. the majority of players. Why do you think there is talk of adding autocombo mode to the new MvC game?

>infinite respec may or may not be gone
Fuck reddit for spreading it.

So basically like you faggots who scream for everything you get your ass beat by in arena or invasions to get nerfed immediately.

The major offensive miracles all come out a lot faster now, so with the sage ring you can bust open a lot of people with sunlight spear, stake, and storm.

So yes Faith is in a good spot right now, whether you are just a melee faith build with buffs, or a true miracle caster.

>gutted

If you are a true 60 faith build the lowered strength and dex scaling won't affect you one bit. Lightning arrow will still be good, you just can't keep spamming it, it will still be fantastic for catching rolls and pressuring/baiting reactive players into getting close.

Projected heal was pure cheese, and you were a giant homo if you used it in duels.

>invade because you want to make somebody's life difficult. Bullying is fun! That's the point! The game is not fair, and never claims to be fair.

This is why I loved doing gank squads since ds1. It's so fun to bully online nerds with your friends

My favourite is the running r1 with a thrust weapon

please come to tournament

*Parries your path*

>It proves that unintentional mechanics do not always make something worse, as you are seeming to imply.

They don't always make something better either, as you are seemingly implying.

As I said, if the aforementioned mechanics were fun, rewarding and engaging for players then they would have been implemented intentionally in the following games.

They weren't. What does that tell you? Are you going to tell me that you're better at designing games than the people who do it for a living?

Lightning arrow is virtually untouched though...

majongles is a stupid nigger

How do I into dex?

I would join a tournment if it was a regular SL 120 without all these autistic rules and teams and shit.

I don't feel like making a whole new character just for one tournament.

literally who?

sunlight talisman offhand yorshka mainhand 60 faith, cast lightning arrow with sunlight R2 and abuse the lingering poise to cast a sunlight spear with yorshka. oneshots and hatemail all day

we'll do a 120 after this one if there's any interest left

Projected heal should have it's effect on self nerfed
I expect to see it nerfed into oblivion though, as is fromsoft custom

REEEE STOP SUMMONING ME FOR YOUR AUTISTIC FIGHT CLUB I WANT TO HELP PEOPLE GO THROUGH THE LEVEL THAT"S WHY MY SIGN IS WHITE AND NOT RED REEEEEEEE

So now that projected heal is in the trash what's the new healslut build?

does the ds3 gameplay change much from PC to ps4

less hackers?

Be honest user. You just want to gank :^)

Projected heal shouldn't heal yourself. It's meant for healing from a DISTANCE.

try putting it down just up the stairwell.

It's not like people going through the level have anywhere else to go but that direction.

discord cartel

>I expect to see it nerfed into oblivion though, as is fromsoft custom

Good. Healing should never be viable in PvP.

The one where you bend over a take my giant sword up your butt like a good little slut.

>he doesn't know

You're an idiot. I they make things better implicitly; I said they explicitly make DaS1 PvP better.

Your following logic is lacking too. Making something better in no way guarantees something will carry over, especially when the publishers want that casual market.

So no you are tossing in an appeal to authority fallacy too, huh? LOL, just stop replying. You're making a fool of yourself.

Isn't SL80 a popular meta already anyway?

Nope. Just 2 or 3 autists here.

Just use lothric warbanner to buff your canvas talisman instead(sunlight is massive overkill), slap a blessed infusion on it to regen HP.

Start adapting now, because they are nerfing poise transfer.

I'm making a fool of myself?

You're the one defending Backstab Fishing Simulator 1.0

GTFO Lucy. Any respect I had for you as a member of this small community (which wasn't much to begin with) is quickly dissipating.

NO

Thanks i'll try that

Anyone on PS4 want to do some SL 120 arena?

>less hackers
>ps4

Hahahahahabahaba

Then why put your sign down on Pontiff's doorstep?

At least put it further along in the area if you genuinely want to help people get through the level.

Anyone?

Just filter him. I gave him a chance to and regretted it.

I honestly can't tell if he's retarded or just pretending but it's better to just filter him.

PS4 has no hackers and virtually zero save editors.

Because I didn't expect people to be hosting fight clubs at 60 +6

>Getting fap and havels to + 3 gives me an extra 8 points to spend elsewhere
Holy shit this game is literally pay2win

PC doesn't have hackers, either

>The one where you bend over a take my giant sword up your butt like a good little slut.

I can't be a good slut without a good build

um what
it sounds like you may be one of those shitters you speak of

God damn, I can't get sliders to work for me in DaS1. I don't even care about making "muh waifu". I just want to make a character that doesn't look like some granny.

>havels
>ever

waste of a good ring slot

Blatant lie. There are tons of Web Ms posted in these threads that prove otherwise. Plus, you can use cheatengine to look at people's stats. Most have slightly boosted stats.

t. the master

>desire my fashion and ledos
>30vig, fap+3, and havels+3, and a few lighter armor pieces still need to be traded in to get 69.9%

its not a waste if it achieves the desired effect

The majority of PC players don't use the CE

Why does the character limit for names have to be so small but NPCs are free to have so much more

>my face every single UGS user as a dex fag
How the fuck do you counter them? It's impossible to trade blows with them

How much endurance should you go for on a dex build?

30fps and 1min loading screens

>gank squad with the sunvader taking up an invasion slot
Pretty impressdive3 greifing there lad

try prisoners chain my man

Then explain how they have stats that don't match their levels.