Pay $40k, don't even get 200HP???

I was at an Audi/ VW dealership last week, and found an A3, with the 1.8L TSi, with 187hp, listed at 39K+
Why pay that kind of $$$, and get shorted on the power?

go buy a mustang.

But are they any good?

have a friend, and my father both own gt's, yea they're fucking awesome.

I drive a bmw with 300hp and i only paid 12k for it.

you don't have to buy a vw or audi. think for yourself.

My point was, I could spend less $ on a Passat V6 or Jetta GLI (for $7-10k less), and just tweak the suspension/ handling to get 'to an Audi' feel.
Prolly should have made that point originally.(doh)

>buys passat or jetta looking for performance

Turbo mustang is meant to be OK for a daily and a good platform for some performance mods as well right
The more I look into it the better it sounds . Off course nothing beats a v8 but there isn't much you can do to it

Yes, but it doesn't come with an Audi key fob that you can dangle around all day so people know you drive a German luxury badge.

How's the visibility in them? And winter performance?
Looking at a 2013 v6 but I won't be able to test drive it for at least another week

i've driven a 2012 v6 for a few months (long story, but it was an auto).

live in the midwest and drove it through winter. it did fine. i mean it's a 300hp rwd vehicle so you have to ease into starting on ice and snow, but not horrible.

only reason i don't still have it is because i got the bmw (i was tired of auto)

the v8 has plenty in the way of helping it go faster it just get significantly more expensive.

>tfw 350hp bogan rocket for 7k

I used to do that when I had my Mercedes cause I thought I was so fucking cool.

>mfw when I think about it now

good buy. looks good

not my one i cbf taking pictures

I bought a Seat Leon with the very same engine OP described for 20k last year.
Including 18s, metallic paint, winter pack and a few other goodies because showroom model.

MQB platform, son. Sure it may not be as comfy, but is it HALF as good as an Audi costing double that? I dont think so.

Most people who buy Audi's (and most car buyers in general) are paying for the badge and don't GAF how fast it is. If it gets them to soccer practice and to their shitty middle-manager job while not sucking a pool of gas they're happy.

Enthusiasts get an RS. Everyone is happy.

>Enthusiasts get an RS
Yeah, but not a VW RS.

How is 187bhp "short on power"?

You must be a yuropoor to say something like tbat

Even fucking minivans have like 300hp these days, how is it not?

As a BRZ owner I can safely say you can go fast with under 200hp

You can have fun with under 200hp*
An Audi A3 is just a Golf with four rings stuck to the front, not exactly the kind of car you think of when you hear "fun"

because there's a Jetta with 20+ more?