FIRST CAR, MIATA. LOOKS GAY?

Thinking about buying an MK1 Miata as my first car. Do you think the car could be made to look less gay with 2k spent on body kits?

Really interested in removing the gay smile and the disgusting back end of it with something more classic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSzrxQGmlS4
milanuncios.com/mazda-de-segunda-mano/mazda-mx5-na-1-8-16v-239080071.htm
milanuncios.com/mazda-de-segunda-mano/mazda-rx7-236314871.htm
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130210100036AAlHXpd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>make less gay

not calling it a miata is a good start. It's known as the Roadster in Japan and MX5 in the rest of the world outside of clapistan.

Good idea.

I am looking online for some full body kit examples, and I am seeing some really sweet stuff.

>Mazda Miata Silk Invader Style Full Body Kit - 385-V-FK

This one kinda makes the Miata look like an FC, that's awesome. Now I need a solution for the rear. I hate the tail lights. How hard would it be to install some C5 Corvette or GT-R tail lights into a Miata?

>Miata?

Oopsie, I meant MX-5*

Jesus christ, guys. Look at this MX-5.

I am not a fan of the front end, but that rear is sexy as hell. I need to learn how this guy did his build

>youtube.com/watch?v=jSzrxQGmlS4

Grow up, please.
If you want a car that looks less "gay" then get an FC RX-7 (NA) or an AW11 MR2, the Miata is still going to be the better car but if you're more concerned about looks than how the car actually rides that shouldn't be an issue for you.

This is cancer and if you do this you should off yourself

"Racing Beat Type II Kit" + smoked turn signal lenses + black paint + maybe add a lip to the bumper

Still a fucking miata

lmfao
fucking destroyed

Still a fucking bus rider

lmfao
fucking destroyed

>calls it the faggot burgerland name

back to the back of the bus, nog.

who give a fuck if its a feminine looking car, they're always praised by their owners the only people who diss miatas are closet homos who were probably raped by their uncle in 3rd grade

But that's the best part.
Staying on the ass of the car trying to get away from you in the twisties, or with a turbo you're casually walking them from the lights or a roll.

>Some gay faggot in a fucking miata overtook me what a faggot

>Getting overtaken by a hairdressers car

Reminder that if you dislike the miatax5 because you think it looks "gay", you don't actually know anything about them

Or cars

Not sure if you are a stupid underage kid that really wants a Mx5 as their first car or some dumbass thats trolling but I'll bite the bait.

1st of all worrying about the sexuality of a car is dumb as shit. If you are that worried stick to a v8 mustang or diesel truck.

If you do get a Mx5, get one in black or some other dark color.

Worrying about stupid overpriced ricey bodykits will be the last of your worries. All you will need to spend your money on is learning how to maintain the damn thing.

A garage vary lip, roll bar, a slight drop, Kosei K1's(what I have on my car) or Enkei RPF1's will make it look "Masculine"

but at the end of the day you will still be driving a 25 year old sub 100hp japanese shitbox.

That or you can get an NB(Mk2) Mx5for around the same price as and NA

This is cool. Kinda has the Lotus Elan look going for it

>because it was never called the Miata anywhere else in the world.

What did they call in your country? The Mazda Toaster?

Oo very nice.

Also getting one with a hardtop would be nice if you can afford one.

Not sure if feigning ignorance or genuinely ignorant.

Oh hey, I know him. He works at Canepa Motorsports, just sold that car. only 5k, but those parts alone are worth 2x that

yup I follow him on IG. i loved his Miata.

Didnt know he worked at Canepa but now it makes sense with all the cool cars he posts on his IG.

I think he owns a 996 now

are you high or retarded? explain how a fucking miata is a better car than an FC

Hey miatabros, theres a salvage title 97 miata thats a little beat up on my local CL for 300p, and a 1999 in great condition and low miles for 3200. Salvage titles are a bitch in cali, but im a sucker for flip up headlights and the 1999 is like a greenish black, not full black. Wat do?

for an enthusiast then sure the FC would be a better car, but I'm assuming OP is a teenager and doesn't know how to take care of a car in the first place, let alone a rotary (if he DID know, he wouldn't be spending his money on shitty body mods like what's been posted in the thread)

>salvage title
>for 3200

I think you might be retarded

OP here, this is beautiful, user. God bless body kits.

>Grow up, please.

I am 21.

>If you want a car that looks less "gay" then get an FC RX-7 (NA) or an AW11 MR2, the Miata is still going to be the better car but if you're more concerned about looks than how the car actually rides that shouldn't be an issue for you.

First time I see someone recommending an FC and a MR2 to a first timer.

Look dude, stop getting your pants in a twisty. I am sure the car is fun as hell, but it looks gay to me and I just wanted a thread where we all can explore the different looks a MX-5 can achieve via easily available body kits.
I can't stand the gay happy smile of the Miata, it's horrible.

I plan on doing a Motor swap to a V6 or V8 in the future though.
Once I buy a car, I won't sell it and get another one. I'll just continue working on it until it's rad as fuck. Thus why body kits being available, and looking good, it's important to me.

They're also dissed by people who realize that they're shit cars.

>>STOP MAKING FUN OF MY M-M-MIATA

see
the miata is a great first car but for the love of god don't buy it just to ruin it

people like you are the reason good miatas are so hard to find nowadays

>people like you are the reason good miatas are so hard to find nowadays

How's that my problem? I am entitled to my property and doing whatever I want to it.

> good miatas are so hard to find nowadays
it's the middle of summer you autistic fuck of course they're a pain in the ass to buy right now

they've been hard to find ever since weeaboos started ruining them

i got mine two years ago around spring and even then that was with months of looking

you are, but you're still mutilating the car and fucking it up so it can't possibly appeal to whoever might potentially buy it from you

and don't say you won't sell it either; it's a miata and at some point, despite how fun they are, you'll want something else

>you are, but you're still mutilating the car and fucking it up so it can't possibly appeal to whoever might potentially buy it from you

Dude, it's Miata. Who the fuck buys a Miata for the looks?

Salvage was 3k like i said, i was planning on offering 2500 regardless. Probably just gonna go with the 99 tho

Gays and hair dressers

>implying it's possible to not make it look gay

i like the look

also, it's generally an indicator of how you've taken care of the car

i wouldn't buy a car from some teenager who's replaced the front bumper because his masculinity is fragile and doesn't feel the car has enough T

That's some really retarded logic. There's plenty of people who visually modify their cars, and also take good care of their rides, just because I want some body kits for a Miata doesn't mean I am retarded ricer.

Also, fuck off with your ''fragile masculinity'' line of crap. A car is a very personal thing, if you are fine with the homo smile so be it, I am not.

Both of which I am not.

it's not logic, it's experience

most cars i run into that have been visually modified are usually completely ragged out and not taken care of by the owner at all

like, look at this shit
the only reason why you would do this is if you want an RX-7 but dad won't allow rotaries in his house

I drove a Miata NA year round for over three years and the only time I ever heard gay anything was on the internet. Everybody loves these cars in real life. Maybe unless you hang around around brotruck fratboys.

this

hell, even most of the truck drivers i find love the car, a lot of them even used to own one but got rid of it because smol

I can't see anything wrong with the pic you posted.

>Anecdotal evidence

Discarded

No one has told me IRL that the Miata looks gay, nor am I listening to the opinions of some fags online. I think the Miata looks gay, but it's still a good and fun car in my budget that could probably be easily modified visually to look better.

Hence, this thread.

I think you're the faggot here.

Lol, this thread has gone to shit. OP, i was just like you. I wanted the garage vary tail lights and actually spent the money and bought this fiberglass front bumper from japan. You know what? It wasnt worth it. Its far more rewarding putting money into the motor or suspension, running into kids with riced out miatas and then asking them why they kept the peformance of the car stock. I have the only not stanced car out of my miata buddies and mines always the fastest. Buy some good wheels n tires, bucket seat, steering wheel, adjustable suspension, and a roll bar. Figure out what you can take out of the engine bay to simplify working on it. This is what you ought to be focused on.

I ended up busting the fiberglass bumper when a car on the highway decided to shed random debris that i couldnt get away from. Switched back to the stock one and got the $50 ebay lip and i couldnt be happier. I think down the road i might try to fill the turn signal holes in tho. Imo, thats what makes the car look too much like a gay smiley cartoon

>I can't see anything wrong with the pic you posted

IT LOOKS FUCKING DUMB
ONLY AN ATTENTION WHORE WOULD DRIVE THIS
IT LOOKS FUCKING DISGUSTING
NOTHING SAYS MORE ABOUT YOUR AGE THAN A CAR MODIFIED TO LOOK LIKE IT CAME RIGHT OUT OF F&F
LOOK AT THAT FUCKING PUKE GREEN + BABY SHIT ORANGE PAINT COMBO
IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE
STOP

>Being this much of a dramaQueen

I guess it's true, only homosexuals drive Miatas

>I can't see anything wrong with the pic you posted.

brodie you serious?

First of all look at the disgusting kit, next up is the shitty paint, then the shitty wheels that don't fit the car at all.

As for the rear, you could look into diffusors and swaps. Theres a miata with an fd rear and theres cheaper replica kits of the garage vary tail lights out now too. .... or you could chop your bumper and add jdm rally car-yo braces n towhooks

Nah, I am just laughing my ass off half high at home at that drama queen up there. It's not that good looking at all, I have no intentions of ricing out a Miata that way, if I do something to it, it's gotta be aesthetic.
I love the fast-back body kits look.

Postin sweet miata bodykits

Damn, that's awesome

Thanks senpai!

>waifus asuka
This nigga aight

Why are you so homophobic?

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I never said visual mods are the first thing I am going to do to a Miata if I buy one. I actually plan on saving moving for a bigger engine swap. Probably a V6.

I just wanted a thread were we can all see the possibilities, you know? So I can buy a Miata in peace, knowing that one day I can always get those sweet visual modifications.

Nice car, pal. Is it fun to drive? Would you buy it again?

How? Is this kit sold online?

Get an nb and a mazdaspeed lip off carbon miata and fuck off before you give my an aneurysm. You dont want an na you fucking bongo. You want an nb
>not very happy looking
>more hp
>"manlier"
Any money youd spend on a fucking kit is equivalent to putting your money directly into the trash.

You kidding?

Nb is the gayest looking one. No Pop up headlights, no honey.

Fuckin loads of fun. Sun, rain, snow, shes always been good to me.

>i want an na for its iconic appearances
>but I also want to butcher its iconic appearance in favor of a non vanilla styled body kit
I hope you drop 3k on a kit plasti dip it because you cant afford actual paint and crash into a curb trying to drift

Fuuuckkk. Swear she doesnt drive on the ceiling tho.

I am not doing any visual mods until I git gud, dude. I am going to be running stock learning driving techniques, once I start getting the hang of it, I'll add performance upgrades first then go for visuals.

Get over yourself

NB1 literally looks like a moeblob anime girl
NB2 is the same with a smug expression
shit's kawaii as fuck
t. NB owner

I dont have to get over myself
Like you said you can do what you want to your car and I agree. But you asked for opinions dip stick.

Dont act like such a prick boyo.

You know, I am looking at car prices in my area. For some bizarre reason, the Miata MX-5 is more expensive than the FC RX-7.
Can someone explain this to me? Would it be best to go for the FC given this?

The difference in price is almost 3k, I can probably buy a decent powered engine for the price difference and not have to worry about the state of Rotatory engine in the FC.
Think it's a good idea? No idea why Miatas are so expensive here...

Man, those nose dimples always trigger my ocd. Just fix em. Its easy.

that dude sold his car.

the front of it is right here.

>46k Miles FC RX-7 = 4500€
>47k Miles MX 5 MK1 = 12000€

What the fuck is going on.
>milanuncios.com/mazda-de-segunda-mano/mazda-mx5-na-1-8-16v-239080071.htm

>milanuncios.com/mazda-de-segunda-mano/mazda-rx7-236314871.htm

Garage Esquilito. Hopefully i spelled that right. Not sure if thats a production piece but their kits are notoriously expensive and rare. Heres another by them.

Notice the custom hardtop with rear quarter glass and rx7 style backwindow

That's really cool, looks like some 60's Italian sport car

>I am entitled to my property and doing whatever I want to it.

Yes you are. but if you ever decide to resell it, you are not going to get what you have in it. It'll have a lower resale value and desirability if its been "fast & furious"ed. Only things that add value and sell-ablity are typical maintenance items like new brakes, suspension, tires, timing belt/chain, spark plugs, ect, and working ac. In particular with the miata is a new soft top or a hard top are very good selling points.

Best bet is to hold on to the stock parts and swap them back on if you sell it. And the sell the aftermarket body parts on CL.

That sounds reasonable, I would likely do that.

The issue now though, is that I just realized Miatas are fucking expensive where I live. The only sub 5k MX5 I can find, comes with 220k miles. While for the same price, I can buy a 76k miles FC.

What do?

Wait til winter

i have a coworker thats always talking shit on automatics but he sucks ass at driving manual. constantly out of gear, stalling etc. pretty funny.

fuck that looks horrible

this. The ones that don't need the money will just take down the listing to avoid low balls and relist in the spring. The ones hard up for money or have a bf breathing down their neck will keep it up and probably take much less than asking.

Huh, well it won't hurt to save a little more money in the meantime. I don't have anywhere to go this summer anyway.

The NB's styling is awesome. If the NA is an homage to the Lotus Elan, then the NB is an homage to the Jaguar E-Type. Just sit in the driver's seat of one and you'll feel it.

Are there any Miata bodykits that emulate the FD? Not asking for a clone, just something that has the flow of it, if you know what I mean

I already posted it. Body shop hyashi

Putting a body kit on a miata will make you look more gay than the car originally did without the body kit...

Just lower it with some deep dish wheels like everyone else. OR stop being an insecure dick-suck and not give a fuck; there's tons of old guys who drive stock 90's miatas around where i live

OP here.

I think I'll buy an F3CS, guys. Miatas are too fucking expensive. How retarded is a car with 250BHP for a newfag? You US dudes are drving 500bhp Mustangs in senior high school right?

I should be fine.

>Just lower it with some deep dish wheels like everyone else.

only stancefaggots do that.

Miatas rarely look good with deep dish wheels unless they are going for the JDM hot boi drifter look like pic related.

Not interested in either lowering or stancing my future car. I don't like how it looks, and I can't do it anyway because my house is up in the mountains with some really bad patches.

>buying a 25 year old ROTARY powered sports car as your first and only car.

lol.

pic related is from 5 years ago so.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130210100036AAlHXpd

llel