/osg/ - Auto Sticker General

Auto Sticker General #270

>Hoon Responsibly edition

Previous thread: >List of Vendors and Social Media
pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j

>/osg/ FAQ
pastebin.com/vaEgettv

>What is this thread for?
A thread to discuss, post, create, and review anything related to Automotive Decals and Stickers

>Currently looking for:
>An internet lawyer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Idea Guys (Come up with Sticker Ideas, Veeky Forums club names, etc.)
Anons with artistic talent willing to make decals for free.
Anons with decal production equipment (Specifically Vinyl Printer Equipment)

Nice Hyundai
When are you installing a K&N filter

No fighting allowed !!

I want to die...

same

same

[spoilers]I'm waiting until Friday.[/spoilers]

You'll have to wait in line, buddy.

I'll ready my trembling wallet in anticipation senpai

post them worst selling slaps

but then you will just bully me for having bad designs

Will putting a sticker on the car body leave any residue if I want to take it off after a while?

I want to put this exact sticker under the headlights like the cars from the club did, but I don't want it to ruin the paint or anything.

Here's a sneak peek on some art I'm commissioning.

Reminds me of the Lost Ground.

We must know

posting in the new thread for visibility

working on a new design, thoughts?

Less stickers

more keytags

it can leave some residue but residue is easy to get off

what is harder to deal with is when the paint around it fades but the paint under the sticker stays okay so it's pretty obvious. i only put stickers on the glass for this reason

Your paint will be fine, sort of. You will likely have to do a proper detail on the car (cutting, polishing, and sealing plus wax) when you take the sticker off, and there will be discoloration from the paint under the sticker and the paint surrounding the sticker. If you clean the area down, and do all of this now, so the paint is as nice as possible, then apply the proper sealants and waxes, you'll create a layer of product across the entire bumper, then when you place the sticker, you'll be placing it upon said product, and that product will help minimize discoloration from around the sticker and under the sticker.

You'll also have to apply sealant, waxes, every month or two ideally, and it would be a good idea to park your car under a shadow, or in the garage as much as possible to deter discoloration.

If you really want to apply this sticker, the "best" option is to PPF that bumper with some good film, then apply the stickers onto it, so your paint is immaculate underneath and your sticker residue will just hit your PPF, which you can replace once every year to year and a half.

Either way, you're going to have to do a good amount of work to put a sticker onto paint and keep it from destroying your paint.

same amount of stickers

more keytags

same here user, same here

tfw no akira slaps

speaking of keys is a nylon supreme lanyard really worth $20

no

but why

I'm actually in the process of making some Akira slaps!

>WICKEDOSG for 15% off

How about you buy a WAT Lanyard instead, and use the rest on slaps?

no shit. store? pics? etc.

Hypothetical question:

If someone just got one of these secondhand, where would they sell one-off stickers online?

same here too

big cartel has a free version. 5 items.

Very similar style to my ID slaps, this is something I recently started working in. Definitely not 100%

please release this I will buy it in its current state

I'm glad you like it! I now have it up on the site as coming soon, and there'll be more Akira designs in the coming days. I might do Wangan Midnight next...
schemingclub.bigcartel.com

>designs may be subject to change

fuccboi

slight delay on this release. I spent the last 2-3 days diagnosing and calling support lines. Three printheads which I knew were going bad finally failed on saturday at the same time. Really was hoping they would at least last until this print run was over. I'm currently waiting on new printheads and ink ordered online, they should be here wednesday morning since I got priority overnight shipping on that so I'll just be working on diecuts and orders till then.

welcome back user

That's really rough, man. It'll be even worse when printed. At least ask/pay someone to vector it.

Yeah I know, still a long way from actually being good haha.

is imouto a pure girl

>pictures on the internet
>pure

You'll get there, man. Just learn along the way. You could probably pick up vectoring yourself if you have some free time.

My sources say no.

i.. i cant believe it
i refuse to believe it

rip /osg/

Went ahead and ruined my new car.

>Toyobaru

it was shit anyway

xd

who could have foreseen this response

Hey bad decisions when will I get my sweatshirt?

The world feels right.

Clearly not the faggot that 1. Bought a toyobaru and 2. put a faggot sticker on it.

Soon. They're almost here.

Will those shirts & stuff still be on the site? I wanted to buy one but spent it all before I realized it.
Also, you planning to have more apparel on the way?

Yea, I bought quite a few extras. And maybe if what I have sells okay. Clothing is fun, but its also expensive as fuck.

Does anyone have photos or have done themselves a sticker bomb of a glovebox or dash panel?

It seems like a good way to use slaps and not ruin the car too hard.

Best I've got for you.

Thank you Kyokoon this banner looks SICK!

Looking great, glad it came out so nice!

well uhhh at least you are keeping us updated

can't wait for your straight edge one. please throw in grass freebie?

You, who prints custom stickers.
You're doing gods work user. I hope I at least bought you an extra ramen noodle with the extra price I threw in.

>discoloration from the paint under the sticker and the paint surrounding the sticker.
>paint around it fades but the paint under the sticker stays okay
that is more applicable to newer cars with fresher paint. older cars already have the faded paint so it wont make too much difference. it also takes YEARS for it to discolor so having a slap on for a month or two wont do shit.

Hey guys
Thinking about running like a list of stickers from all of the companies I have aftermarket parts in my car

Having this list on the rear side coupe window that I can't look through anyways

How can I make my stickers last indefinitely? Car is garage stored

Thanks shitboxme!

Where to put....

>Car is garage stored
They will last no problem, for like a year or two easily, if you get higher quality thicker stickers they will last a decade.

Same here with a vengeance

S T I C K E R
I N
T H E
P O O P E R

buy a cressida and slap it on

Next thing to do is to slap some stickers on that empty dash panel.

Won't the fold leave a crease in the vinyl?

bruh get back in your '96 automatic civic and drive on out of here

If I put a pepe sticker on my car will Seattle SJW liberals assault me or my car?

they will post a passive aggressive series of images on twitter or tumblr

So when you shipping lad? you said you would be done last week.

>stickers

>not diecuts

user I think you dont understand what you just bought.

this isn't even a vector. please dont just throw pictures into waifu2x, and call it a day.

That's why it's not 100% senpai, just showing what the design will look like.

>make lines twice as thick, remove all the detail and call it a day
Vectoring was a mistake

yes

>an open letter to the nuke Veeky Forumstist wioth the license plate "ACEROLA"
1) you are a giant faggot
2) fuck you for having a notori ZR slap
t. mad

;^)

notori pls make more.

not everything has to be vectored you fucking kike

But m8, vectors look nice and clean, and can be resized to any dimensions needed with no shitty compression/pixelation

let me know when we start sticking screens to our windows that let us change the size at will and the resolution.

if he is going to make shirts I agree but it's a 3 inch tall sticker.

I must confess I had toyed with the idea of taking an old monitor apart and mounting it in my rear window...

>comparing stroke vectors with full fill vectors.

please real vector fags only do fills and make their shit look nice.

Thats a cool idea, with it you can cycle through your collection and choose whatever sticker you want to display

Hi, I would like one alcohol please. At least its almost over now.
>tfw gotta do this shit all over again for Stocking

I want to Itasha a gun, who do I talk to

Offset, shit you not I've had the conversation before. They have water transfer printing that would work.
You won't be able to do lowers or pistol frames though, because they aren't a licensed gunsmith.

>lurking in thread
>decide I'll get some hoon stickers
>unrelenting trash being posted about him/from him
Glad my autism only cares about having weeb stickers. All is well with me.

yee

TOEGAY

Nice! Looking good man.

my autism/ocd made it so that applying it took easily 10min.
didnt help that the gt auto sticker wasnt perfectly straight cut.