What's your opinion on people who think they're superiors simply because they drive and manual and bash other people...

What's your opinion on people who think they're superiors simply because they drive and manual and bash other people for driving auto

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ySFEhdFctkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In a car it doesn't matter but on a bike it does.

man I don't know why don't you tell us yours, I bet it is interesting

I own both and I prefer manual 10/10 times
That being said, manual on a Econo shitbox is stupid, just like Auto on a sports car is too. And bantz will occur no matter what you say or how you say it.

I agree with them because I also drive a manual. It is superior in that it is more fun and also more engaging.

>Traffic cucks and buspassers need not apply here.

I don't give a fuck about driving a manual or an automatic I drive whatever gets me to point A and back to point B. I'm not some elitest that bashes other people for driving one or the other
youtu.be/ySFEhdFctkw

I just don't like how you don't engage as much driving an automatic compared to driving a manual. I cringe at the fact that if I buy an automatic car then my left leg won't do anything nor my right hand.

It is of my opinion this post was made by a sour grapes individual who lacks the brain power and interlimb coordination to drive manual so he shitposts on a Himalayan sweater knitting forum in an attempt to feel better about his inadequacies and try to find like disabled people to wallow in his failures with.

I am not one, but many

Some cars let you change gears with the shifter, but there's still no clutch :^(

Give your boyfriend a handjob if it bothers you so much

Nigga just said interlimb as if it's a real word

>I don't give a fuck about driving a manual or an automatic I drive whatever gets me to point A and back to point B.
What are you even here for

>I cringe at the fact that if I buy an automatic car then my left leg won't do anything nor my right hand
You can eat a taco and tap your foot to the new American dubstep-pop on all the radio stations these days

I prefer manual but don't shit on people who drive automatic.

mostly because it's getting rarer to find vehicles w/ manual transmission here in clapistan so most drivers have no choice but to drive auto.

Though I do try to evangelize to others to seek out and learn how to drive manual if they are able and willing.

For pure performance, automatic. Everything else, manual.

>not using superior left foot braking

I don't care bout nothing except how the engine couples to the transmittion.

Engine dies I want the crankshaft to keep turning. Plus I like push starts.

Fuck fluid couplings. Stay ignorant, autofags.

I understand the argument for manual transmission over a slushbox or CVT but DCTs with paddle shifters are objectively the best. They perform better, are more convenient, and provide the driver with the option to hold gears and shift when they want to, not when the computer wants to.

Where is my clutch pedal?

Semi auto master race here

Poorfag stickshifts and gayfag autos need not apply

>left foot braking
>in an auto

Just fuck my weight transfer up f.a.m.

I'd never driven an automatic in England before I went on holiday to Oregon and rented a Chevrolet Impala, tried to drive with both feet and realised my left foot is unable to be gentle on the brakes from years of using clutch force. Felt weird as fuck having to force my left leg into doing nothing.

as someone who has dailied both for long times I think they're dumb.
There is merit in calling people fags who claim to be balls deep into driving but hate manual

It's dependant on the car

>ultra shitbox towncar you literally care nothing for and just use it to park in places where it's going to get dinged - automatic because it's eaiser
>small sports cars like miatas/86s etc - manual, for that driving involvement
>big landbarges with soft suspension and room for all the bitches - automatic
>motorbike - manual i guess, something to play with before you get put in a wheelchair
>supercars - lol like you faggots can afford one - automatic otherwise muh benchracing figures will be thrown out
>electric cars - regular HIV tests

Both are fags. Sequential reporting in.

>There is merit in calling people fags who claim to be balls deep into driving but hate manual

This. These are the only faggots I'd make fun of for driving an automatic. I've dailied a standard for ten years, I ride a motorcycle too, and automatics are nice for just daily going point a to b.

Even if they drive automatics people should learn how to drive manual. My sisters have never owned a stick shift car but I taught them how to drive standard just in case.

>needing a transmission

Absolutely fucking backward and retarded.

My P85D will do 0-60 in 3 seconds. It doesn't need a transmission to artificially convert revs to torque, because the electric motors are strong enough to provide torque at all speeds. That leads to the ultimate natural driving experience where the motor is seamlessly connected to the road, a sensation that combustioncucks will never feel through their shitty shifting cogs and gears required to even fucking move. Lmao.

A good analogy for electric vs combustion is an athlete vs an old woman. If an old woman wants to lift a 100kg box, she needs to use an elaborate system of pulleys and gears to lever the box in the air and take the strain for her, or she will collapse, just like a combustion engine needs a transmission to keep it in its special snowflake rev range else it will stall. An athlete simply picks up the box with no fucks given, just like an electric motor drives the wheels.

Stay mad and poor

>For pure performance, automatic. Everything else, manual

underrated

>My P85D will do 0-60 in 3 seconds
That's good because if it took any longer it'd overheat before it got to 60.

>let's get some coffee while my battery recharges, then we'll race again

I preferred manuals back when they were cheaper and faster. Now that there are faster options available, I see no reason to get one in my next car.

>"Some will bemoan that it’s only available in dual-clutch PDK trim, but I’m perfectly fine with that too. I have driven manual 911s and I recently drove a PDK-equipped GT3, and I would take the dual-clutch option every single time. In my experience, the only people who speak out against DCTs have never experienced one, or are those strange types who consider the ability to drive a manual as some sort of sacred ability that only enthusiasts can perform. You’re not some sort of special driving super hero if you can drive a manual. My mother can drive a manual, and she hates cars."

>converts revs to torque

Nigga wut?

Oh wait ur an ev fag who considers himself a motor expert. Nothing to see here, carry on.

It's funny because going along with your analogy, your P85D will tire out like the old woman after doing some heavy lifting for a few minutes, while the ICE is like the athlete that can keep going as long as you fuel it.

In other words,
>Tesla Fags BTFO

well-played

No thanks. Don't need advice from someone who drives an autotragic.

>converts revs to torque

That's literally what gears do.

>while the ICE is like the athlete that can keep going as long as you fuel it.

Tesla will keep going as long as you charge it you fucking retard. Also quite calling combustion engines "ICE" just because you think ICE sounds all edgy and modern. Combustion is ancient tech that fucks up the air and the environment and it's dying fast.

>2017
>still using fire to power your car

I basically have to buy auto
Used autos are cheaper
Literally no opportunity to learn manual risk free

>Tesla will keep going as long as you charge it

And how long does that take? Oh right, fucking HOURS. So in a journey longer than about 300 miles, your "superior new-age technology" is slower because you have to stop for hours waiting for it to come back. A Tesla can't even make it a lap around the Burger King

>2017
>Your own car cock-blocks you from doing it's only purpose, driving

>Combustion is ancient tech that fucks up the air and the environment and it's dying fast.

>first functioning electric engine
>William Sturgeon
>1832.

>first functioning internal-combustion engine
>J. J. Étienne Lenoir
>1859

You sir, are an analphabet, and an uneducated ruffian. You lack knowledge, and I'm sure you are sexually attracted to man.

Tesla is a meme, Rimac can at least finish a burger lap without overheating and panicking into WTF 30% mode.

>>/n/

yeah same, drove my dad's automatic Santa Fe the other day and I felt the same. I tried to brake with my left foot and slammed the fuck out of the brakes.

I've never done that but I have pumped air trying to work a clutch that's not even there

I own an automatic and a manual. It literally doesn't make a difference. There is something satisfying about dropping gears with a stick, but it's also nice being able to have another hand to do shit while driving.

you shit while driving ?

I have bad news for you, user...

>it's autism, and it's terminal

>yeah dude it keeps going and going as long as you charge it for 12 hours every few hours

I don't know, I would offer you the advice to stop fantasizing that your cars shifter is your boyfriend's penis, but you won't listen, you raging faggit.

what did he mean by this?

You can find a cheap used manual car for a very comparable price to a used automatic car.
As for learning, buy said shitbox and drive around a parking lot until you're comfortable.
I had never driven a manual before, and I learned in an hour. It's really not difficult.

>gets mad because his gay advice on something he does on a daily basis while driving an autotragic gets rejected by another user

top kek. there's a board for your kind

>

It was point like 15 years ago.

These days, the industry has moved on. Automatics now have faster shifts, can handle more torque, and less maintenance intensive then they were in the '90s or even the early-'00s. Manual is now just the retro option for the the hipster equivalent of auto enthusiasts. Before when the manual option was indeed faster than the auto and got better gas mileage, it's now quite the opposite. There's now no more objective reason to choose the manual over the auto. The sole motivation is now a completely subjective and abstract one.

If I could, I'd consider it.

Decent automatic goes for $1000 give or take
Decent manual is like $2000

I'm not even meming about sports cars, manuals have a bump in price because car enthusiasts and manuals below that prices were driven by people who didn't take care of tranny

My only issue is manualonlyfags think what they do is some God's gift that they only know how to do and in reality a fucking teenager can learn how to do it in an hour and takes a month max to master

They live a shallow and empty life, obviously.

They are right.

1.2L 3cylinder CVT for getting 60mpg to and from work

shitbox civic base trim w/ manual and ebay turbo for hooning around

I wonder if these fags stay at home and bake their own bread and churn their own butter, and criticize people who go to the grocery store to buy things.

Oh well by all means Mr Expert care to explain how and what the fuck you mean by gears converting revs into torque?

>dis gonna be gud

>not having a fun car to drive to work
I really don't understand the logic of having two shit boxes and not getting to enjoy your fun car all the time.

I'm pretty sure I want any to buy a manual for my next car but I am little hesistant that I will gettired of it. Part of what makes me want one is I worry about less manuals being made, I might miss an opportunity to have fun and I can always buy a DCT or EV in the future.

Should I buy one? My commute is only 15 minutes and I like to go on road trips or possibly the track.

>not having a hand clutch

Step up your game son

I wonder if they hand crank their car to start it and refuse to use powered windows or climate control as well.

A ZF 8HP automatic transmission is faster than a manual gearbox. And GMCs 10 speed automatic is even faster. From a purely performance perspective, nothing beats those automatic gearboxes. You cannot shift faster than a computer.

Does it mean anyone who uses a calculator to do any sort of calculation isn't a man?
What is the volume of a cube with each side measuring 34 feet? What is the volume if you round it into a sphere? In metric units?
No calculators if you're a man (meaning show your work).

one is reliable and one is fun

I think that's trash, but as someone who unironically loves driving manuals now that I have one, I don't understand why auto drivers have to shit on us. We're the ones who are slowly losing the choice? You guys have constantly evolving tech

>if i could
you can though

>Being on this board with opinions that garbage

This stupid ICE shit only started because you EV fags had to find a word for retarded drivers stealing your charger spots..