Is it a good time to buy tesla stock since they will release model 3 soon?

Is it a good time to buy tesla stock since they will release model 3 soon?

181 to 250 in 2 months!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h0962biiZa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

soon as in end of 2017?

Going to hit 300 in 1-2 months

TSLA topped out around 250 back when the model 3 was announced

I think the stock is riding high and would wait for some pullback

personally tesla is a shit stock with no signs of any profits. Its all built on hopes and dreams like most of musk's other projects. I think its a shit stock but what do I know.

Yes

I caught most of that ride, $190-$235.
Bailed out completely though.

im new to stocks

can you tell me
>how much you had to pay per trade as a service fee
>how much profit you made after fees
>how many shares you bought

>how much you had to pay per trade as a service fee
$3 per, 5 trades, so $15 total.

>how much profit you made after fees
$375+$625+$875
$1,875 - $15 = $1,860

>how many shares you bought

>$375+$625+$875
these numbers vary because they were bought at different times?

also your buy in price at 190 was 190 * 75 + 3?

>bought at different times?
Sold at different times.

>your buy in price at 190 was 190 * 75 + 3?
Yes

yes right im stupid lol

im in canada and im in the process of signing up with TD

What broker do you use?

also how easy is it to get your profits out as cash?

I use ToS, which is a specialized platform TD swallowed a few years back.
It's not hard to get money out, but you'd either have to ACH it to a linked bank account (which takes a couple days), or wire it out (which is almost instantaneous, but usually costs $25-$30).

do you don't do day trading or short selling just "going long" right?

Sure, I run time frames anywhere from more than a year to just a few minutes.
I short too, but that's a little trickier.

I have 5000 to invest for my first stock what should I buy?

I wouldn't start trying to pick stocks with no experience.
You could get lucky, but you're more likely to fuck up the pick or the execution.

ok this is what i don't get

say I invest 1000 in tesla today and it tanks tomorrow

isnt it correct to say that im not exactly fucked yet? we all know tesla will go back up and the possibility of breaking even in the future is probable right? its not like some shit penny stock or something

>we all know tesla will go back up
Maybe.
But maybe not back to where you bought it. All stocks have peaks.

>the possibility of breaking even in the future is probable right?
Maybe probable, but not guaranteed. Also, how long will it take? If the whole market tanks it could be years before it sees these levels again. Your money will be locked up the entire time, earning nothing, unless you want to get out at a loss.

Buy the dip

is thinkorswim paid and how much did it cost cause regular trades are 9$ CAD for me

>paid
Not like a monthly fee, but there's probably still a minimum account requirement. It was around $3,500 back when I signed up.
Commissions are based on account size anyway, so if you don't have much, you'll probably still be paying close to that.

that's a meme, you dip.

It's never going to stop as long as Musk stays on Trump's good side.

The Model 3 is going to be shit. Tesla had a ton of QC problems with the Model X launch, which was an expensive and low volume model. How will they succeed at mass producing something for a fraction of the cost? There will be more delays and a lot of unhappy customers. Meanwhile, other manufacturers' electric technologies are catching up and the Model 3 won't necessarily be the electric car to have in its price bracket in the next couple of years.

Oops, look like investors didn't like Musk's nuanced response to Trump's ban. Should have stayed completely silent.

you are correct.
a day trader or trader are looking for short term gains and look for entry and exit points to increases their cash quickly. they care less about the company and more about status reports and being able to beat others to the market swings using either fundamentals or graphs with prediction models

an investor who believes there is strength and long term growth in a company will instead put money into that company either for a dividend or stability that promises said growth over time. They don't need that money now and are willing to surrender it long term for future returns.

probably 75-80% of Veeky Forums are the former day traders and will not look for long term prospects.

Then why doesn't Veeky Forums talks more about companies attacking Trump. A consistent 1-3% drop the next day a company attacks Trump in even the slightest way.

this. they are negative everything

day traders are unfortunately penny stock and alternate currency posters (the majority) on Veeky Forums which don't care about trumps wild market swings.

I do care about wild market swings but the more long term investor you are, the less important they be.

>day traders are unfortunately penny stock and alternate currency posters (the majority)
Maybe the majority, yes.
Probably because they lack the capital to trade anything that doesn't involve massive leverage.

he's a funny guy

youtube.com/watch?v=h0962biiZa4