/sthg/ Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #757 - Third character edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest LinksSonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LVtGeSuaia8
youtube.com/watch?v=toL_i4TQLyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGDl5_ZzJU
youtube.com/watch?v=uxIhgLPgdHM
youtube.com/watch?v=dHocViqKbbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Claimed in the name of Wave

Gross.

>shades
What a rusemeister

One thing that bothers me is where did rouge come from? Sonic X shows us that sonic, eggman and the others were transported from the future "mobius" to "earth" in an emerald accident. Shadow was made in a test tube. But rouge is just kind of there.

I'm sure there's other mutated-animal characters in the adventure timeline that are also unexplained like that.

from her mother

Come to think of it, characters like Rouge and Cream have no backstory to them. Where could they have lived?

Surely this is bait and you're truly not this much of a retard.

Presumably, she was sent to Earth by the same Chaos Control that Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, and Big were caught in. Presumably, the Chaos Control covered a wide enough margin past Eggman's base to send Vanilla and the Chaotix there, as well. If you're trying to link Sonic X to the games, however, then you're a retard.

This. She was in the same room as Eggman and Sonic.

>If you're trying to link Sonic X to the games, however, then you're a retard.
Also this.

sonic x has basically the same plot as adventure, what are you talking about?

Bully hedgehogs.

>seriously linking Sonic X to the games
Stop it.

>having an autistic outburst over linking something that is clearly linked

Characters like Sonic and Tails also have no backstory.
Neither does Amy.
Neither does Eggman

All the backstory we have for those characters is either backstory made for the comics or cartoons and not canon to the games.

This thread is already ruined.

Great contribution.

>"we should get going...."
then she runs off to take care of her dripping wet jewel/emerald storage area.

I just wanted to say that I love this general and even though we all argue and sperg about the most mundane things, I love all of you and look forward to spending Sonic's next birthday along with E3 and whatever launch parties (if any) for Mania and Forces with you all.

just had to get that off my chest. Have a nice day /sthg/

but it's not weird for them to live in talking-hedgehog land

it is weird for them to live in X/adventure's semi-realistic human world, but X gives the emerald timeshift as an explanation for why they do and dedicates a lot of episodes to people reacting to them for the first time

but some characters don't seem to fit in with that entirely

Rouge just wasn't with the rest of them when she shifted. She immediately got a government job.
that's all.

So if character creation does become a thing in forces, what OCs is /sthg/ gonna make?

what about that tribe of echidnas that have been guarding the master emerald for ages?

Default.

This

Punished "Venom" Sonic

>that silhouette
oh god it's gonna be a wolf or something isn't it

In the games the characters have always lived on the same planet as humans.
In fact, Sonic X making the characters from another world, yet trying to adapt Adventure 1 and 2 as well ended up causing idiotic plot holes they had to half assedly tiptoe around.

not sure there's enough information to even guess.
I'm almost certain that the shot is showing the back of that character, so we're gonna have even less details to elaborate on.
A wolf wouldn't be so bad.

lel
complete with shrapnel and robot hand

I thought the beam just sucked all of angel island to the human world.

I honestly don't remember because X is retarded.

Yes, because even in the games it was thanks Chris and not Amy that Shadow remembered Maria, the president was fat and there were kids, parents, a butler, a housemaid and a lesbian police officer all over the games! And don't forget the game in where we fought the Metarex!

Bubsy.

A cute hedgehog girl with nice big tiddies.

yes but the "sonic world" is a post apocalyptic hellscape with only some humans remaining, including robotnik

the "human world" then is somehow before that, and the adventure games then logically take place between the first episode of X and when they go back to the future in season whatever

>tfw no Metarex game

>throwing the OVA into the mix
Go fast yourself.

why? you can easily make this connection without much contradiction, sonic 4 even takes place after the end of X and adventure, they clearly are sticking to a timeline like that

actually I wonder if Forces is going to take place during the apocalypse somehow. that'd be real interesting

Alright guys. Do not reply to the bait any further. Stay calm and ignore!

>girl
I bet they won't let you make one.

christ, that artwork is rough.
not that i could do much better.

That is super gay.

But I know that feel from time to time at least.

>I'm missing a shitposter. Have you seen a shitposter?

>Naw. But really, how much can it matter?

>I guess it can't matter much!

now dont go tempting fate.

orbot and cubot are honestly kinda lame. don't have much personality. at least scratch and grounder were somewhat fleshed out in comparison

Tell me, /sthg/

Are you fast?
Post your times/records from any Sonic game.

Scratch and Grounder were shit and retarded.

at least they were funnu retarded

There's no such thing.

I was in the top 10 for fastest times on city escap in generations. Until modest got 1 second times

they have an ongoing rivalry for robotnik's favor, and a sort of boke-tsukommi dynamic

orbot and cubot just sort of grovel a bit and share no distinct traits. boring

Not him, but they were basically Robotnik's kids, and I give em a free pass for that. They were actually shown to have their own hobbies and personalities and such, making them more memorable than more recent eggman's sidekicks

dammit forgot pic

Emerald Coast in 0:49
youtube.com/watch?v=LVtGeSuaia8

I kid, but I can speedrun it real good

post your favorite speedrun videos. TAS videos are welcome as well

youtube.com/watch?v=toL_i4TQLyQ

0.01.59 Leaf Storm Act 1

I'm surprised there hasn't been a canine designed by Sonic Team up until this point.

man this really makes me miss the spindash in the boost games

doesn't tails count?

>I'm surprised there hasn't been a canine designed by Sonic Team up until this point.

Not really, sadly. Best I can say is I got consistent at Metallic Madness Act 2's skip in the Taxman version.

I like how he outruns the camera several times

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGDl5_ZzJU

Now who want to bet that Archie's Sonic will get the Fleetway treatment?

So... Something in a video 4 minutes and 31 seconds in?

What's even the point of solving these clues? Sure, Sonic has a lore, but not one that's so integrated into the gameplay to the point where it warrants an ARG.

I mean seriously, none of these clues have ever lead to any kind of useful information.

If they were revealing characters in forces, maybe returning stages in mania, that's one thing

Bur all these fucking "clues" are just troll shit that leads to a certain date (which is almost always insignificant) or some dumb meme shit

Are there even any clues at all, or was it all a marketing ruse?

Did anyone see that the SparkTEJ Dev managed to recreate his engine in 3D?
youtube.com/watch?v=uxIhgLPgdHM

>Sonic
Huh.

This is coo. I wish I could say I enjoyed Spark, but it was just "ok" to me.

As much as I hate sakurai, at least the pictures of the day revealed shit slowly over time, and kept people excited.

Tbh meme man is just being a faggot because no one has any idea what any of this shit means until it's revealed. It's like a random string of numbers with no context, claiming its some kind of code, and then a month later the code is revealed using some retarded algorithm. In the end the code says fuck you and everyone is mad because it was all for nothing.

See I used to care about the hidden shit in the pictures, but every time it's just been disappointing. Either have small little tidbits to keep people excited, or a huge convoluted, but solvable puzzle that reveals something big.

>lock on

dropped

I am SICK and TIRED of all of these depictions of Classic Sonic after Generations era.
They make him spineless, cute, and babyish. Doing the bidding of his modern counterpart.

He has more spunk and attitude than him and could smash him in a 1v1.
These modern rats better watch themselves.

CD amy is cute

CUTE

I feel ya niggs, lil' Sonic a badass, like during the Sonic CD animated intro and endings.

Gonna need a list to these allegedly solved clues.

wonder if we'll see a young Amy in Forces?

>Mania's story slowly leads to you realizing Eggman is gone and that everything was set up as a way to keep you busy as he heads to the future
>ends with Classic Sonic going to the future

why does everyone like amy so much when there are so many better girls in this series? is it because they grew up with all the panty shots?

>why does everyone like amy so much when there are so many better girls in this series?

Obviously because they disagree with you.

>Mania and Forces are connected somehow

Because she's a cute character people like. Not that hard to get, mate. And besides, liking Amy =/= liking none of the other girls.

>1.not sonic
>2.not sonic
>3.not a blue hedgehog
Her classic relevance/cameo showcases in forces is looking bleak already.

>so many better girls
Like who?

the one you hate

>panty shots
throw in her backless red dress and sweet bumps
yup, that's pretty much it.

Joke's on you, I don't hate any of them.

then none of them are good

So no one.

that means every character is shit

Because they do..? It's not like she's universally loved, she gets her fair of hate as well. I personally think she's fun to play as in the Advance series and she's enjoyable when written well (i.e. Adventure games, reboot Archie comics).

Echidnas hatch from eggs
youtube.com/watch?v=dHocViqKbbc

Oh, so you don't have an answer.

I think this place is like, 95% Archie-fags comics-wise. But I thought the Fleetway Sonic the Comic stories were GOAT back in the day so I might just dump some to prove the point. Fight me.

Do it

I want a 3D tails that is even half as a kawaii as sprite tails

I'm pretty sure most people agree that Fleetway > Archie up until Flynn and Friends took over.