Toyota ke35

I think I found my next project, its a ke35 that has not ben mooved in 22years. the engine is not in the car, and it does not look like its in a good in shape. but te car itself looks good, and there is not a lot of rust. do you guys think this is a nice car for a extensive project? and how redily awaivable is parts for this moddel?

original 1.2L

That's beautiful m8 I'm jealous

forgot pic...

Its for sale for just about nothing. thinking about a roadtrip to get it.

and its only 73 000km on the clock

Is there anything missing?

it "should" all be there. but its been standing there for 22 yerars so ther might be a few things

nice interior

door panels and dash needs to get changed.

get at it

I want it.

Parts basically don't exist where I live.

Had one for years with a warm 5K and 5speed

Maaaaad little car wish i had never sold it

Should be good. Does look in good shape. Whoever niggered those speakers should die however.

I don't think I'd ever build one as a daily, but you should totally get it and make it a track/fun car. Drop in a 4age with carbs and go! Techno toy tuning has aluminum door cards and suspension stuff for those, iirc.

I daily drive a ke55. These cars are dead simple to work on and parts are not too hard to source, at least in Australia. Rust will be the main issue.

minor damage in the driver floor. looks like someone went to work with a angle grinder

screw K series engines dude, put a 2TG or an 18RG in there

and on that 73000 km, those odometers tick over at 100000

Would have been cool. But then I have to get a lot more parts get to make it look original

hmmm. but what can you really expect from a car that was last run 22 years ago? 173000?who cares? it's time for a rebuild anyway

If you're gonna drive it, 2TG should bolt in quite easily with a couple of parts you can get online, since they were stock in the Japanese model. They make about 125hp

not shure that old rear end would handle 125hp. and it might be hard to find that engine here (Norway)

Corolla man reporting in, currently own three and I've owned a few more before, buy it. Buy two if he's got two.

They are SIMPLE AS SHIT and an absolute breeze to work on, super reliable and lovely to drive once you restore them mechanically which as I said is simple as shit.
Fantastic car, best ever, amazing, love em, etc etc etc etc make sure you take it on a dirt road every once in a while too.

Fuck off cunt the K series is the best, just look at the angle of that intake port! It took Toyota another 20 years before they realized an obtusely angled port is best for flow, just look at 16v 4AGE's they've all got near 90degree ports straight out the side of the head.

>bolt in
>you only need a new engine crossmember
>gearbox and crossmember
>hydro clutch if you can't get a cable t-50
>tailshaft
>probably going to need a better diff if you yanks got the shitty old banjo diffs

Yeah mate bolts straight in.

I will probably just rebuild the original one, just because I want to keep it original...

You don't need to rebuild it, certainly not the bottom end anyway, new head-gasket and a clean if you really want to.
>I want to keep it original...
Good idea, I've done all sorts of modifications to these cars when I was younger (dumber) but you will never get it to drive as good as when it was stock - all the components are perfectly balanced with each other.

apparently it only needs a bit of elbow grease, and cleaning, lots of it. but it has been standing without fluids for a long time, so i think changing any rubber parts and gaskets is a smart idea.

Yeah yeah gaskets are a given.
Speaking of which the only part on the whole motor you might have a problem with (and the whole car for that matter) is the intake/exhaust gasket.
Because it's not a crossflow motor, the exhaust and intake manifolds share some bolts and it can be a bit tricky to get at them but if you've got a good socket set with a uni-joint you should be right.

>apparently it only needs a bit of elbow grease
I wouldn't doubt that one bit, in all my dealings with these cars I honestly can't recall anyone I know having a blown bottom end on a K-motor.
The old bloke at my local Toyota-parts dealer reckons he revs his race motor out to 9k all day and he's never had a problem with it.
I've stopped random people in the carpark to complement them on their corollas and the first thing they said is something like "yeah over 300thou and she still runs great".

They really are reliable cars.

tools is not at problem at all.

toyota's K cars was some of the first small reliable cars out there. basically they are reliable because they are simple. simpler engine=easier to keep running

I think it will make for a nice project. and i need the welding practice

a voir les ecritures sur la poussière, tu semble parler francais.
J'ai déjà restaurer des voitures, mais celle là, le plus dur va être de refaire le chassis, beaucoup de rouille, des points à re-souder, jespere que tu es equipé. Re-souder et faire des pieces metalliques c'est ce qu'il y a de plus fatiguant, le reste ce ne sont que des pièces détachées à trouver...

2JZ
Because Toyota

All you need is peer, sausa-guess and booze