What is the ideal amount of power for a daily driver?

>below 400 will eventually feel slow and boring
>above 600 is borderline unusable for most drivers
Is 500 to 550 horsepower ideal?

Do you have a learning disability?

230hp with 235 ft/lbs og torque sub 3k lbs is the perfect dd

348hp to the front wheels (only places it should be) is ideal

>230hp
>250trq
>2700lbs
It's peppy but I wish I had more

Nobody needs more than 75hp.

Your question is stupid. There is none. It's whatever the buyer of the car wants.

Heres the real answer

Depends on the weight

Whatever the current Camry has.

>below 400 will eventually feel slow and boring
How's highschool little fella?

This.

Gear it right, and if you know how to shift, you'll out run 99% of cars in a stop light drag race.

Bout treefiddy.

The new Camry has 301hp, fug. I bet it can run 13's at this point.

It's the sound and the response. Power doesn't matter much for a daily, as long as it's 100hp/ton or more.

i'm at 105/126-2300 pounds
what am i missing out on?

>Is 500 to 550 horsepower ideal?
You'll need at least that much to haul around your fat, disgusting ass.
>captcha: bus

Objectively stupid and wrong.

Kill yourself my man.

What is the ideal amount of horsepower for a daily driver?
>below 800 will eventually feel slow and boring
>above 1000 is borderline unusable for most drivers

Is 900 to 950 horsepower ideal?

Have you ever driven a car with more than 300hp?

my one car makes 550-600 whp

my other makes like 140

imo 300-350 is just enough

200-370

>I've never driven anything with more than 100hp

>gear it right

YOU JUST GOTTA GEAR IT RIGHT BRO

Are you out of your mind? Ran the canyons in my 280 hp car and had a blast, you do not need 400 hp for a fun daily driver lmao

The ideal amount of power doesn't matter. What matters is having a car that can adapt on the fly for the amount of power you want. With this in mind, I would suggest a factory turbocharged vehicle which can easily be tuned for more or less power.

Look at any of the N44/N55 BMWs. Can be had for $20-$30k and are capable of producing 360 hp/tq with nothing more than a basic downloadable tune. Throw on a Dinan intake/exhaust and you're looking at 460 hp/tq. Not bad

Does your car reach highway speed in a safe amount of time? It has enough power.

Except you still have a BMW

czech'd

I wouldn't suggest this unless you're a skilled mechanic or have plenty of cash for repairs, those turbo I6's have issues

>100hp from some bolt ons

Nigga please.

Here's the real question
When will you ever need more than 200hp in America? In pretty much anywhere but on the autobahn?cops are assholes in most places and will ticket you for 5 over on a highway. You can't even go past 70 in some states. Some you get lucky and can cruise at 80 but why do you need the horsepower for that? It's only reasonable if you're at a drag strip or racing.

You could just buy a mustang or camaro for cheaper and get more hp and a sportier ride if that's all You want. And you won't have to pay out the ass everytime it breaks down because it's a meme German car

but then id have to drive an american car

>460HP
>420TRQ
>7500RPM
>magnetic ride, 12" digital gauge cluster, ventilated seats, leather stitched console/thigh pads/dash, lots of trunk space
What's the problem?

Every car model drives different. . . .

some cars are fun with no power and others are fun with 1000hp

>ferd
There's your problem

What's the problem exactly?

From personal experience I'd say 200-300 is ideal. Typical engines in the 120-150hp range have their moments at highway speed when you really want to pass but the engine doesn't. My Mustang GT is supposedly 260 and that feels fine to me. In some cases around town I'm using so little power it's boring compared to a smaller engine.

Only car over 300 I've driven was a stock 6sp 2017 STI. I don't know if it was just a combo of the gearing and the turbo, but that thing'd WHOOSH to redline as fast as you could shift. I kept hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd trying to sanic.

Imo 200hp would be good for a light car. And I guess 300hp for a heavy one, so somewhere between 200-300.

whp or crank?

That wasn't me who posted that, and I agree he's being absurdly optimistic thinking an intake and exhaust will yield 100 hp

Power going to the wrong wheels.

>HINT
It should be to the right side.