Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-L8DdwQgys
youtube.com/watch?v=cpLzx9Z8Puw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/understeer/ general
/haldex awd/ central
/engine above the steering axle/ central

A4 manual is best because green

That's what I have right now. Love it. Want the RS7, but that will have to wait a while

Wheres the B9 RS4, Audi?

Theres literally no demand for it.

Go fast fags have the RS3, at the price point the RS4 would have to come in at to not step on any toes no one would buy it except retards. I mean you would be just above s6 territory.

RS3 does 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds anyways you fag.

but the rs3 doesn't have audisteer

Except the RS3 is smaller than my penis.

why would you want a performance car to be huge?

Has BMW a heritage? Audi has one with the Quattro.

audi is for dumb poorfags.
Its garbage.
BMW at least is rwd along with merc
audi is just upscale vw for dumb ass fags who want to pretend they're fedora tiping patricians and imagine one day a girl will see their car so they can lower the window and say "m'lady"

neck yourself audi is bottom tier cheapest trash and so are you

>patricians' choice
Audi is for upper-lower and lower-middle class peasants who want to show off their nonexistent wealth.

this, they're the cheapest cars you can buy and they're not even fun because they're fwd pieces of shit or the driver assists block all fun.

Audi is so cucked.
bimmer and merc fags show up for races all the time
audi fags just sit in parking lots and play music showing off cheap gold spraypainted chains

BMW is a favorite of try-hard, no-class people too, though, just a different kind.

mah nigga

most of them moved to audi because its cheaper.
Also they gave bmw the reputation it had which also got them to move. And now since they're no longer driving bmw's they can shit on bmw's too

Quattro has been around since the 80's.
BMW has been winning races since the 30's and the BMW M division was founded in the 70's.

Audi is derivative trash.

Every car they make is to follow some other brands car.

this is true. Every time BMW/Benz releases the new S class/7 series/C63/M3 etc Audi releases their counterpart 2-3 years later.

Isn't there already a Volkswagen general?

you mean /cunt/ general?

That's why they are cheaper and more affordable to the normie masses

>/engine above the steering axle/
You mean /engine ahead of the steering axle/ general

Just a fatter more expensive Arteon

Yes it does...

Its just a separate system thats not named Dynamic Steering. Its had it at least since the 2015 RS3

Its a High Performance Sports Sedan.

Why would you want it to be big and clumsy?

I laugh at dumbasses who buy rwd BMWs and laugh at quattro, when winter comes its always the mercs and bmws to go first in the ditch.

but it has a traverse engine only poorfags who cant afford an m2 or think that they are too cool for modern muscle car buy them.

Well, bimmers are superior in warm climates where we don't get any snow. Would definitely rather have an awd car in a snowy place though that is for sure.

>RS3 does 0 - 60 in 3.9 seconds
But it doesn't. You wouldn't be the first VW shill to lie about figures, of course.

why aren't there any memeballs here yet

Im sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but... Youre Autistic.

Get the fuck off this board you butthurt poorfag.

That is cool how they squeezed 400 hp out of an I5

B8 S4 was 3L 4 cylinder and with a stage 2 APR tune its 500+.

>Audiusa
You dumbies will believe anything.

>0-60 is the same as 0-62

It's actually fairly conservative, like all of VAG's estimates.
youtube.com/watch?v=2-L8DdwQgys

They got 315hp out of a 2.2 back in 1994, although that was with the help of Porsche.
Tuners have gotten those old 5 cylinders up to over 1000hp.

can't we just merge like urop general? so we made a new thread in a day?

>0 - 60 is the same as 0 - 62

Is everyone on this board autistic?

Been thinking about buying one of these as my daily driver, there's one for sale with the, I think it was 3.2 litre V6 and Quattro.
How bad are these maintenance wise? Can I depend on that engine and not worry about it exploding when on the highway?

I currently DD a BMW E32 750 that has been bulletproof, I trust my life on that thing and I am sure that she will never let me down.

>I think it was 3.2 litre V6 and Quattro.
It's probably the 2.8, those are pretty solid engines. Predecessor to the later 30v V6 family, which also includes the 2.7 twin turbo in the S4.

Mechanically those old B3/B4 Coupes are basically bulletproof, electronically not as much. Check the wiring harness that runs to the trunklid for chafing/wear and make sure all the switches and sensors do their job properly.
Rust isn't an issue either, they're double galvanized and because stricter regulations regarding zinc content only came into effect later, they hold up better than even most modern Audis.

Shit, sorry, yeah it was the 2.8 litre V6. Already quite familiar with Audis and their tendency to fare the times with their bodies quite well, they just don't seem to rust as badly as other Germans, especially MB.
Electronics are something I loathe to work on as I have no fucking idea what I am doing with them, but I believe there's enough info about that shit on the internet.

Shit, I might give the dude a call tomorrow and go check that thing out.

The 2.3 is the engine I'd want (muh Group B heritage and such) but a Coupe Quattro is reasonably rare and pretty cool. Understeer is the major handling trait though, it's no sports car.
Make sure the timing belt has been changed recently, because that requires you to take the front clip off. They did design it specifically so you can remove it relatively easily, but it's still additional effort compared to most other cars.

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this John-Deere tractor for the autobahn

Can't mow/10 useless

Holy shit there really should be a basic knowledge test you have to pass when you become a legal adult otherwise youre euthanized.

>own 1997 audi a4 2.8 quattro
>got it for 900 dollarydoos
>second gear is fucked, except for engine breaking
>have to shift from 1st to 3rd
>steering rack has a massive crack that leaks fluid
>exhaust rusted through, broke off downstream from cat so it's loud as fuck
>exhaust mounts rusted through so every time I let off the gas to coast the pipe slaps against the underside, making it sound like I have a piston knock and about to throw a rod
>clutch only bites about 6 inches from the top
>ABS line was cut for some reason
>rear brakes barely work even though i put new pads and rotors on both sides
>ABS and brake light are always on
>dumbass I bought it from put it on coilovers so I have to avoid every fucking rock in existence
>only half of the gauge cluster lights up
>the rear hub assemblies have gouges in them so the wheel bearings always take a shit every 5000 miles
>4 control arms shit the bed at once
other than that the engine is still going strong and I love my suicide box on wheels.

Was looking at Audi because they still have some manual cars. My wife said no because we were in the Microsoft area and she saw a bunch of Indians driving Audis

So get a bimmer, they have manual too

Been thinking of copping an A7. What's Veeky Forums's thought on it?

Going to look at 335xi and a m235i, only obstacle is she thinks BMW drivers are douches, but hey that's better than Indian.

>letting your wife decide what car you own
Lol

Well you can drive a bimmer and not be a douche. The cars are meant to be driven aggressively though so it is hard to resist.

This. You're going to get a better deal with Audi, BMW is overpriced as fuck in the states.

Only a few months out from an S4 or RS3. Cant wait.

How is it overpriced though? The s4 is almost the same price as the M2 but the M2 is more powerful and much lighter.

Honest question here not trying to be argumentative.

I should have been more specific, my fault.

A 340i with any sort of acceptable options for a luxury car in 2017 will run you close to the base price of an RS3.

I am a big bmw fan but that is a shit deal, would rather have the rs3 given such a comparison as long as the base rs3 doesn't need options

Wish they offered the more models with the Gotland Green.

Seems to be A4 and above, bar the RS line.

control arms shit the bed at once
Yep, that happens on B5 and C5 cars.

only audi worth having is v10 r8 and even then I'd wear a paper bag on my head so people wouldn't lable me as an audi driving poorfag cuck

I get a 20% discount below Blue Book for any 1 year old Audi. Not sure if I should.
Mercedes are classier IMHO, at least above a certain age.

I learned that the hard way unfortunately. The ball joint separated completely and the lower arm was just dangling there.

but then again for RS3 money you can get the superior M2 funmobile.

Ouch. Did you at least buy the parts listed for a B5 Passat rather than getting ripped off for the Audi ones?

I did, in fact half of my car could be considered a passat at this point haha. It's kind of funny, everyone told me "take it to the mechanic user! It's way to difficult for you to do!". After getting a price quote (way to fucking expensive) I decided to just order the parts and do it myself. It took around 2 days since the only things I had ever done myself were brakes and oil changes. But in the long run I saved around $600, plus the shop told me they would have it done in 2 weeks because of "the back log" so I also saved around 6 days of not being able to drive. Plus I was able to replace my sway bar end links since those were pretty fucked as well.

I still don’t get why these are so popular in Slavland, where all the roads are shit.

Ya it does

youtube.com/watch?v=cpLzx9Z8Puw

They got shipped over en masse from western Europe after their leases ran out.

Even though the suspension psrts are dirt cheap, it still seems like a hassle to constantly swap them out

Making a /vagg/ thread would be a better idea

Slavs don't care, they get a German "luxury car" for next to nothing that won't rust.

The only big options are the Magnetic Ride suspension, Bigger Brakes (if you're not tracking then probably not needed) and the lcd gauge cluster.

Yup that is a point I made earlier

Well the suspension on mine is pretty stiff already and I don't mind it, don't know think any of those are necessary. Between a 340 and an rs3 I would rather have the rs3 but above all I think M2 would be best

>tfw cheap wheels show up

god those look bad

Shit wheels and poorly maintained. It seriously cant be that hard to retrim the outside or buff the car.