>2017
>Doesn't drive a GT86

Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both

>b-but it's slow

Are you really going to let your fucking right foot control your life?

>i-it's slower than a minivan

who said that you have to outrun every car

>it's... IT'S EXPENSIVE

Who forces you to pay for it all in one go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My LS is better.

why r u talkign to urself lmao

The 86 is almost as fast as a Hellcat on the track. How can you tards call that slow?

this is the only 86 worth mentioning.

I have literally no credit history and no job. I also like the BRZ better.

*rattles after 2k miles*

I'd call it many things but never expensive.

>I also like the BRZ better
That's like enjoying 2% milk over 1% milk, it's still milk and neither are whole
Also actually driving them helps

Heated leather seats>unheated leather seats.
At this point I'd take a 2013 FR-S though.

They're not worth the extra cost imo, but the one I found happens to have them and it is kind of comfy to have the seats on and the HVAC blowing mildly cool air.

>Fuck the GT-86
>Worships a 20 year old commuter

This is what's wrong with Veeky Forums

>20 year old commuter
It's 30 year old eurobeat meme machine, get it right newfag.

Plus it is literally named it the GT-86 because of the AE-86, so Toyota is worshiping it.

Directly from the GT-86 page on toyota's website.

>Return of pure driving joy
Inspired by Toyota’s sporting icons of the past – such as the 2000GT and AE86 – a team of passionate designers and engineers with a single-minded aim to deliver the pure joy of driving, brought the classic sports car experience to a new generation with the GT86. Recalling the well-proven attributes for sports car success, the front engine and rear-wheel drive configuration, the GT86’s 2-litre horizontally-opposed engine and curvaceous styling brought the best from the driver-focused Toyotas of the past into the modern day.

>With a high-revving rear-located petrol engine driving the rear wheels, a low centre of gravity and a lightweight body, the GT86 offered drivers great handling and electrifying reactions – exactly what the engineers had promised.

They do not exist where I live. Even craigslist shows zero results within 200 miles.

Just get a motorcycle.

>Financing a car

pls go

I would if I could nigger

There are plenty of other fish in the sea. It's pretty far from a holy grail of a car despite it's good points. I don't know that I would have gotten one if I'd have had more time to shop around, but it gets a lot of things right if you can find one on the cheap.

Because that's not a good measurement of speed you twit.

0-60 and quarter mile are league's better for determining how fast a car is than a track time.

i would if it wasn't for the boxer engine, swing and a fucking miss toyota.

I know why they did it, but I still don't like boxer engines, especially high comp boxers.

I don't want to be paranoid about windowing my block at 300whp.

>attributes for sports car success
Yet it cant beat a minivan in a straight line

Ah found the guy who can't turn.

I have a WRX, its faster and cost the same

You must be a europoor where all the roads are winding.

>wiki page

if it was so toyota inspired why is the the car 90% subaru elements, designs and parts?

the 86 is a great car

>rear-located

what

I drove a 35' RV from one end of the the US to the other. Yes, it having enough power to move was an important component (although it did get weak at elevation in the Mountain West). But taking corners was hands down the best part of it, and there were plenty of curves and bends all along the way except for like fucking mind-numbing Nebraska.

Even through the salt flats and shit it was at least amazing to look at so you didn't get bored.

I wasn't trying to defend the gt86, just point out that toyota is doing the same thing that is accusing me of.

I'm genuinely curious. The car was a collaboration between subaru and toyota but subaru from the way the specs and part list goes its literally 90% subaru with a toyota suspension.

it's better deal for the price if speed is what matters but at the end of the day it's a heavier sedan with AWD, while the 86 is a slower car with far more control and driver response. It's all preference

>Who forces you to pay for it all in one go?
How literally retarded do you have to be to think that makes it less expensive?

And you must live in the most boring place on the planet to drive.

Toyota did the design and engineering but it's all Subaru otherwise, even made in a Subaru plant and derived from an Impreza chassis. For real, you can WRX control arms in the rear with no modification.

I don't know about today's Impreza (probably more pig fat), but they used to be surprisingly articulate and capable for basically cheap cars. The AWD response is great once you sort the suspension a bit.

The BRZ on a different level as far as something more like a track toy goes, but I'd have to say it's horses for courses.

why make this thread with Generic google image, post you are car fool! we have enough bait threads

>the 86 has more control
the fact that I have AWD and I can control my inputs faster with a superior drive train. I have wider tires, I take turns faster because I have superior grip and traction. The rev hang doesn't exist with my 2018 WRX they actually removed it and it has only gotten better from there. Even though my car was 27,500 the brz was 27k and the difference in 500 dollars is huge.

In my area of north vermont you'll probably never see a BRZ purely because its cold as fuck here and winters are even worse.

but i have driven an FRS multiple times
its a cool little car but it just wasn't made for my 6'3" ass
one of the few times i wished i was shorter

for me AWD is good for grip and stability not too much eating corners, when you hit a little oversteer it doesn't give any confidence at all since there are quite a few deadzones with the steering (especially front end) while the 86 has a direct steer to it but doesn't feel as stable or grounded around a tight turn, just a few trade offs to consider. Both alot of fun in different ways

Because I got this car instead, which is better by every single metric and it was cheaper.

sux4u I'm 6'4" and it's pretty darn comfy even on 8-10hr trips. Lumbar and upper back is made for a lesser frame, but so is the rest of the world.

didn't refresh page when typing this, maybe i'd get better traction and or steering out of the sti with better tires (currently has shitty kumo tires) got it in September and came with fresh shit tires. Hopefully pilot supersports will make difference like with my BRZ

After I put crash bolts in back for more camber, rigged the front for a little more caster and added an ALK, it was absolute sex. I had to go a little bit up on the rear antiroll bar because it was a shitbox impreza rather than a wrx.

But after that the balance was great. You could goose the rear out when you wanted but claw it right back in with the front. It's true the steering was wonky, but the best part was you could rotate the car as easily with the gas or the brakes as with the steering wheel, so there was always something you could do to get it going right, and that's really all you need especially if you're getting slidey.

The BRZ's steering has electric motor assist (it's heavy as all fuck if you try to steer without the engine on). It's good at speed, but it's all lame and slow at low speeds despite the smaller diameter steering wheel. But I have to give points to the BRZ front end for being remarkably planted. Maybe the modern WRX is better these days? It doesn't have that fantastic direct connection you want, but it's ridiculously planted.

I like going fast user, I dont care to be able to do 5 MPH above the recommended speed

slower than a veloster

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

But i have both 86's

I really like the 86/BRZ and it's basically the perfect car for me. I know it's petty but I haven't bought one because it's what every college kid whose dad was too cheap to buy him a Ferrari drives here.

going to start with swaybars since i seem to be getting a squeal out of one of the bushings, i'll look online and see what the best options are since everyone says how much a difference it makes. I'd like to keep it stock with new tires and some brakepads, no other plans really just glad I've got a healthy engine!
>maybe the modern WRX is better these days
before i got the 05 i testdrove a 16' STI it didn't feel much different honestly

I have a 02 sti and I like how the car feels, but they've barely updated it in 15 years lol. New ones not really worth it IMO

Bro, its slower than a fucking minivan

still faster than the greyhound you ride

I drive a camaro, nice try though bro, and ill be getting a 2018 mustang GT. Go cry bitch

Eh. It's probably faster than my 02 Camry, but not by much.

post you're car

You're supposed to call them a fucking peat-gavel, that's the best part man way to drop the ball

Its 11PM. Im not going outside

I occasionally drive minivans. The power is well suited these days for having to pretend to be a truck. And actually the Japanese-inspired ones are getting some decent performance tradeoffs out of the suspension. They're well-purposed.

But they also feel like hell once they start to get beat in. At least the transmissions seem less likely to hunt for gears every time you just want to go a constant speed and instead willingly kick down as long as you don't care that everybody thinks you're a madman wringing it out just to keep a nice, smooth, constant speed.

But it's nothing like a comparative go kart, hooning and rowing gears while you're wondering why everybody else is all over the road driving like a granny. Exit ramps are particularly perplexing because you never know what you're supposed to feel when you're either pointed almost 90deg at the car in front of you or 2 car widths away trying to slow down enough to not accidentally pass on the inside while it looks like they're about to roll it off the outside.

are you new here, you don't have one saved to you're PC? Tell me it isn't some shitbox catfish

fake and gay

>you don't have one saved to you're PC?
No because im not obsessed with cars and this board is way to slow for me to care

you need to go back

The real answer is you have a 2008 Hyundai Accent and are now spewing racist smoke and projections to distract from the fact that you're a liar.

>>i-it's slower than a minivan

>spewing racist smoke
Are you retarded or are you one of the few actual niggers on this site?

>continuing to deflect

Maybe I'm a pussy but I have literally never streetraced and I don't want to.

You don't want to because you don't want to be embarrased when you lose.

It's perfectly understandable.

IS THAT A MUSTACHE
DOES THAT LITTLE CARE HAVE A MUSTACHE
OH MY GAWWWWWWWD

>he doesn't know that when the light turns green the soccer mom is going to crush the pedal into the floor and then upload your shame to youtube

Except weight

30 year old shitbox lmao

looks like bad translation, but i think they mean that the engine is entirely behind the front axle (front mid-ships) a la 300zx

Many minivans can beat sports cars, I'm not sure why people only recognize the GT86 for this.

Try drag racing a Chevy Suburban vs. a Honda S2000, the Suburban will still win. But guess what, many people still consider cars such as the S2000 has being a sports car despite the power.

i've owned a BRZ for about 2 weeks. its a 2013 limited. has exhaust and 18x8 enkeis with pilot super sports and a 1" drop. cross shopped it against focus st and a handful of other 86s. previous car was a volvo c30 r design.

thoughts
>its not fast, but not exactly slow. all the power is just in the top of the rev range. about as fast as my volvo, but lolnotorque at all. its easy to drive this car like an economy car if you want and get decent MPGs. on the other hand its fun to rev out and you won't go to jail
>it is VERY grippy with good tires. i don't get any of the doriftuu vibe. handling is very compliant and sharp. doesn't turn in as quickly as the focus, but way more neutral handling. absolutely 0 bodyroll whatsoever. i thought the hot hatches i'm used to driving had good enough handling, but i instantly fell in love with the BRZs balance and steering feel
>god tier driving position
>interior is the kind that gets panned in reviews by new school buyers who want wifi and great infotainment. rear seats are a joke, trunk is small
>the parts that matter (seats, steering wheel, shifter) are absolutely the best parts of the interior. forward visibility is incredible.
>bought for $16,500 with only ~30k miles. great driving experience for shitbox money and run costs are very low.

>bought for $16,500 with only ~30k miles
salvage title?

Seems like a good comparison, the 86 wasn't designed to set lap times but go sideways and the hellcat wasn't designed to set lap times but do quarter mile runs, may as well compare the cars in a category nether were meant to compete in.

Reminds me of this from when the hellcat was launched.

no m8, clean title california car. only imperfection was that the previous owner installed a shitty airaid cold air intake that i replaced with a secondhand OEM box. there are definite deals to be had on these cars. which is why i love to lurk in all the >lolnopower and >memecar threads

Change out transmission fluid to motul it will shift much better trust me

>people want speed so they can race
>car sets a better lap time in such an environment where racing can legally be done
>complain and say lap times don't mean anything

i actually already have this planned ;)
shifts are a little clunky in 1 and 2 when the car is cold.
86 forums and sites are pretty good once you get past the vape clouds. dsportsmag intake shootout was god tier.

Because I have to pay for the GT86, then outsource a new engine and drivetrain just for it to be the car it should've been at launch.

What exhaust? For me stock with UEL is good

>engine swapping instead of forced induction
>tarbo makes this car of your dreams

an FR-S out of the warranty period is like $14k and a turbo/sc is around $5k. you can literally put one together for less than the cost of a 2 year old focus st or ecoboost mustang and it will hang with a cayman in terms of performance and still be a dailyable 2+2 coupe

>financing a car
>ever
If I wanted to spend 30k on a car I'd just by a mid-2000s 65 series AMG v12 with lowish miles and put 20k into the biturbo system.

Boom, pretty much a hypercar for less than the price of your """track oriented sportscar"""

>why don't more people do this?

so 707hp looks a lot better, on top of being much more fun

gotcha

drag race =/= track race

The Hellcat was designed from the ground up to be a drag race car, not a track car.

The Viper was Dodge's track car. Not the Hellcat.

its the Lachute. i normally hate aftermarket exhausts, but this one is great. more throaty than anything else (there are youtube clips out there). no performance gain but those magnaflows sound nice and it still has some boxer burble. headers are not really an option here since they won't pass CARB in california. if i'm hurting for more power i will think about swapping them in and out every two years or getting tarbo but for now its got just enough power to be entertaining.

most places won't let you finance a car over 10 years old (harder to repo and sell).
an AMG v12 will also cost an easy $3k a year just in regular maintenance and that's if nothing goes wrong. those cars are not designed to pile up the miles. if you were going to spend $30k and punch out of your weight class for a DD its best to get a used corvette or a 911. they're pretty much the only high end cars that are designed to be driven everyday.

>buying a stock 600hp v12 to daily
What the actual fuck
Obviously it would be a weekend/track car

You northern California?

>Blowing up a stock block trying to put more than two chariots' worth of horsepower into it.

2% is better than 1% though.

southern california, though i drove 2 hours out towards arizona to buy this one. spent almost 2 weeks looking for the right deal/condition

210-230 whp is doable with relatively low boost levels (~7psi) and can even hang with the stock clutch. lots of people have been driving FI 86s for quite some time now. Subaru/Toyota is only really avoiding FI because they want to keep the 86 from going up market (new Supra has been in development since around the time 86 came out).

i would stay away from swaps for this car anyway. part of the beauty is the low center of gravity from the boxer and the front-midships engine layout. the car is very low and very neutral. its the same reason LS swapped FD RX7s result in an entirely different car even if the weight difference isn't dramatic

But it's butt-ugly

I'm 6'4 I don't think I even fit in those things.

headroom is pretty good for a smaller car. i'm 6'1 king of the manlets and this has more headroom than a lot of the shitbox rentals that i drive for work. seating position is very low slung.

>not financing everything you can, living life like a millionaire and then dying and leaving the debt for the jews to rectify

they can't get you in the afterlife, user.

Man I wish

I had

a girlfriend

dont listen to this fuckwad

everyone I know who has boosted their 86 has blown up the engine. Its not a question of "IF" its a question of "WHEN" it'll blow.

Its a high compression motor being boosted, the internals can't take it, and sure as fuck the block cant take it either.