/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>be scared edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Help user fix his car
youtube.com/watch?v=6OR_wWjQ-_M

>How to replace fuel pump
youtube.com/watch?v=mDIlwbx0B-s&t=629s

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHXfmbEGyhk
m.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/steering/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html
youtu.be/fMMutpmWr94
youtube.com/watch?v=0YeY0smqU9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How does the collage work?

No, rears are in great shape. Must have been the way I let the body roll. The best part was that I overtook a van and pretty much had an audience lmao

Replace A2 Accord since this has better lighting imo
Thanks in advance.

shit meant to say replacing now i sound like a rude ukranian

No need to sweat, will update fâm

Damn

That's horrible, I just found out today that some Riverside meth heads must've tried to steal my CM in the past, and just broke the ignition cylinder, so the PO got another one with different keys.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHXfmbEGyhk

rip

I hope he finds his car. ;_;

>tfw people laugh when I take my wheel off and throw it in the back under the security cover in towns I'm not familiar with

Better safe than sorry I think.

Nice try motherfucker

Shiiiiiiet. I should get a new alarm soon.

BRAKIE

Should have thought ahead

Have we ever had someone with a Vigor ever?

Which car would perform better in these scenario, ie less stress to engine:

>na v6 vs 2.0 turbocharged going uphill with ac off?

>na v6 vs 2.0 turbocharged going uphill with ac on?

>na v6 vs 2.0 turbocharged with ac off?

Always the v6

What makes the v6 so good? Or not good but i guess better? Should say.

Hey Veeky Forums Just got this honda 2005 accord sedan for $7000. Had a new battery, new tires, no problems with the body, the engine, everything pretty much worked fine. only had about 74,000 miles on it. And had only two owners; and both took good care of it. So for the price and with the info i've given is this a good car for just starting out?

Pic related

7000? holy shit

Generally NA engines are far less stressed than boosted ones.

Why did you pay so much? Even if it was in perfect condition I wouldn't have paid more than 5k.

Mainly cause my family gave me 5000 to spend and lower the cost. Why that such a bad thing? Im sure they're worse choices out there did i commit the ultimate car cardinal sin or something lol wth?

Is it the V6 or I4? It's not the best price but it should last you a long time with the miles it has.

It's a v6

They seem to be selling at dealers for close to $10k or more so it's not too bad for the miles.

for that much money i wouldve just bought a lexus

Yea some European user posted it. He had like 5 other Hondas but only added the vigor and claimed he'll be back to add his other cars. That was over a year ago. He was never heard of again.

You got ripped off bro. I would'nt even pay 7k for an EX-L with the same year and mileage in excellent condition.

Welp Veeky Forums tells me i've fucked myself. Time to kill myself i guess :/

You'll be fine m8. Just drive it and don't think of the money. It should be reliable regardless.

Just dug up the archives. Pic related was his pic. He had 6 Hondas. He was a neet and going through depression. He might have killed himself already

>larger Accord
>pop ups
>window louvers

That car was so nice. I hope that user is doing OK.

I hope so too. He was taking meds for it and because of that he wasnt allowed to work. Every other post after yours is his.

Oh yeah I remember that. Time sure does fly.

does anyone have tips for removing a stubborn cv axle this is my first time changing one of these and I'm having trouble removing the ball joint with a pickle fork (I beat up the boot pretty bad). The inner cv joint on the passenger side has no boot because it popped off when my axle snapped. Ive tried prying it off but it wont budge. Should I just keep prying and spinning the inner cv axle with some pb blaster and hope it eventually come out or cop a slide hammer. I have not been prying for that long. Will autozones and other stores have ball joint pushers and cv axle pullers?

boost the v6 pussies

m.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/steering/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html

This will get that ball joint loose. Make it fairly tight, then hit the knuckle with a big hammer and it'll pop off. As for the axle, you want to do quick hard prying movements with a pry bar between the axle and the transmission. This video helped me do my first axle replacement. I've done at least four using this method.

youtu.be/fMMutpmWr94

Fuck that looks so good. Are the 3g Dank-cords magnetized to be attracted to depression? I was having a shitty episode when I got mine.

Damn. A car like that is pretty easy to strip and sell. That shit has been parted out already. RIP.

Add me to the collage? 2005 RSX

Also proof incoming.

>Iowa
oh shit son where at

proof

Counciltucky

Clean your lights you animal.

Nice job friend. As long as you like the car, and can justify it, plus all that was done for you. So i think you got a good deal

New pic. 2002 acura rsx type-s.

Will add fâm

I think flip ups look good to depressed people because the car looks like it's sleeping/sad

Flip ups are aesthetic as fuck, but I'd rather have fixed lights cause I like to flash people and let them in lanes.

You can keep the lights up for quick flashing ya know

I love the little whirrrr when they come up but I fear it breaking and muh aerodynamics.

elements are the best cars because no one wants to steal them and they get pretty good mileage for its class

I prefer a CR-V for looks but it's a K24 so it's a good car in my opinion.

I am trying to get the passenger side axle off the problem is there is nothing but sheet metal to pry on I am going to try dropping part of the exhaust tomorrow to get more clearance

Hey guys, just got a 2006 Accord EX-L. Anyone have any experience, particularly with installing aux/Bluetooth?

Goddamn user that shit is nice, and it's not 4 fuckin different shades of silver like my old one, still loved that piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=0YeY0smqU9Q

Thanks user.

I love this car too.

I'm looking at getting an older Honda to git gud at manual, and as a fun backup car since Hondas have always seemed pretty stronk.
Should I go for a Prelude or Civic, and what are good years for them? Budget's $2.5k.
I'm not much for the Accord because I already owned a '96 for a while and my 'tism won't let me get the same car twice.

Good Preludes usually sell for more than that but you should be able to find a good fifth or sixth gen Civic for that money. Maybe a fourth gen too.

They steal the cats since it's easy tho

Try to get a prelude if it's a backup car

Looking to get my first car, 95-00 Civic, to start learning how to work on cars and eventually modify to autocross. Is their really any difference between coupes and sedans? Sedans are just so much cheaper near me but I feel like the coupe will be faster and generally better to modify for later on racing. Thoughts?

If you're in the US buying stock examples, they're not really that different at all. Every single 90's Civic was SOHC aside from the 99-00 Si coupe that had a B16A2 DOHC. You have some special MPG beast examples with 1.5L ones but that's it.
Sedans, coupes, and hatchbacks generally all share the same parts.

Coupes and hatches share more parts with each other than the sedan with either. Sedan is heavier and longer wheel base so it's not the best choice for auto x.

how

Thanks for the input. I did not know the sedan was heavier I heard they were the same weight? And i did not know that they were longer then the coupes. If that is the case then i will definitely look more for coupes. Im not interested in hatches because they are overpriced in my area.

Coupes should be more common I believe. I do know that while the sedan is the longest one, it's only 2/10 of an inch longer.

Regardless, they all have the same engine bays so you can do whatever you want there no matter what model you pick up.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

brb

>rotors are so rusted, they grind constantly
Going to drive about 10 miles like that on Monday, hopefully no panic stops are needed.

Also, I hope that fuel line patch I did ~18 months ago with an AN fitting and some clamps holds up. Road salt sucks.

>fresh outta hospital
>cant drive for two weeks
Im relieved but also disappointed. Im gonna miss this view.

>tfw my mom drove the next day after getting the uterus removed because fuck walking

>body shop manager quotes $561.XX
>roof must be clearcoated if not resprayed entirely
>bring estimate to euro mechanic guy I know well (both guys technically for the same company)
>euro guy expected it to be $700+
>euro guy calls up manager and negotiates to roof and hatch to respray black
>readjusts to $500 for fixing rust spot and respraying roof + hatch
I think I did gud.

I also go to similar lengths to prevent my car getting stolen. As it is, you don't even need a key to turn the car on. The cylinder is fucked. I've also thought about disconnecting the fuse box, and taking it along, for example, around a neighborhood you're not familiar with. Lol

What happened? Did you crash it?

By now they should have found a solution to road ice that doesn't rust the fuck outta cars.

How much should I look to spend on a Prelude, and what years would you recommend?
Local craigslist has a '93 Prelude SI for $3k and the exterior looks decent, but it has 240k miles. I know Honda engines are tough but are they fine-at-240k tough?

Bump with neat drawing.

relevant

My EK with a D15 has 227k miles. Shit breaks every now and then but nothing too major. In the past two years I've had 2 radiator hose break, the top of the radiator cracked (had to have it welded back together), distributor failure, and the transmission acted up for a little bit (fixed it by changing the oil and filters).

If the previous owner was good with cars and maintained it well then it shouldn't be too bad. Test drive it before you buy it and be sure to check everything.

Really wish Honda didn't kill the Integra. I would love a successor to the DC5.
The cunts.

If you really end up cleaning them, post pics after. I really want to see how well it can work.

surgery on right foot
im excessively bleeding and it's keeping me from work. Damn right I'm pissed off.

>ywn be a poor baby boomer with a house and brand new piece of shit CRX

>ywn not be poor

My new si... anyone recommend a flashpro or k tuner? Would like to flash back to stock for warranty reasons.

If it were me I'd get Flashpro. It's confirmed to give the non Si turbo over 200hp.

That is an Si turbo

I know I'm just saying if it can do that much to the other trim it should do more to the Side.

Si. Stupid auto correct.

OP with the RSX here. I wasn't asking how to clean em but mine are oxidized from the inside so i'll have to buy new ones.

Oh that sucks. Get well soon.

Manual? Would be nice to see some interior pics too if possible.

Si trim is only available in manual, user.

Didn't know that famalam. Learned something new today.

>mfw Veeky Forums archived before hitting bump limit
Fucking autistic faggots I tell ya

Honda is based to still be doing that. Just wish they did the same for the NSX.