If you were given $500,000 to invest with, what would you do?

If you were given $500,000 to invest with, what would you do?

I have this money, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with it, I'm 19 and I've never invested in my life, I just sold a company for anyone who wants to know the source of the money.

Buy an appartment or a house in a city which is growing. 500000 is not enough to buy something big so you would probably have to take a loan, but then you could buy something for 700000 or so.

I'd put it into a low cost s&p ETF fund.

Buy 30k shares of AGNC and live off the 5k dividends per month

acquire gambling skills and gamble cool stuff

then maybe put 250k into energizing markets. rest i would live in slovakia

Put it in a three- or four-fund lazy portfolio and never have to save for retirement for the rest of my life.

ask somebody who has experience and track record to handle it

if that is not an option, invest into corporations like amazon, northrop gumman, raytheon and hold for the long run

t. Veeky Forums

First, stop roleplaying on Cantonese Noodle Enthusiast Forums
Second, if you can't stop, please head to

so you may be with your kind

I was thinking real estate
I don't know anybody, my family have never had more than $100k at one time

Buy 2 rental properties in a growing city. Earn $3k to $4k a month in rent.

Should I Airbnb them out or rent them out traditionally?

Be smart and invest in a couple of rental properties or multifamily.

Don't do this AirBNB shit. Find two properties valued at

20% down on 2.5 million in rental real estate.

Quit working.

Depends if OP is a first time buyer or not. I don't even think you can qualify anything over $600k as a first time.

looks kind of sketchy, although if you are just holding for dividends it may be ok to put all your money into one stock.

500 hundred buckaroos eh?
Don't know bro. Maybe I'd buy a xbox one

Build replica classic cars.

Now that youre done with the company, what was it?

start another company and sell it?

Buy back the company so you can have some form of income.

Honestly I'd sit on it in cash for a couple of months until I had some clear direction which way the market is headed. If you really feel like you need to get in some S&P ETF do it in $50,000 blocks over the course of several months so if the market moves against you or something else comes up you still have some dry powder.

Software
I got lucky, I doubt it'll happen again

is AGNC solid? just looked up the share price - i wonder how it didnt slump after the rising of FED interest rates.

also
>EPS2014: - 0.72 USD
>Div2014: 2.61 USD
>Operating Profit 2014: -233mUSD

>EPS2015: 0.54 USD
>Div2015: 2.48 USD

that payout ratio doesnt seem healthy

buy some rentals for half the money, then pay a tiny fee to a management firm and get the rent while doing nothing. the other half goes to some passive index fund.

Honestly OP, if you are not shitting us you have an easy life to look forward to if you don't fuck it up.

Invest 400K in a balanced portfolio, like the permanent portfolio or something like this user says

Do not put everything in one basket or one form of investment.

For the remaining 100K You can buy up property in shittier countries and rent it out to wealthy foreigners, but you do not really need to do it since you could just live off of the passive income from the 400K.

You can just buy a house and a good pc, travel, learn stuff etc. for the 100K. Possibilities are endless.

Look up ERE and read the wiki, you could live a comfortable life if you are not held up in the dream of lavish bullshit and spending on frivolities.

Good luck man.

6 years ago I had about half that amount. I dumped it in spy, now it has more than doubled, and so have the dividends.

How did go about selling the company?

Dont have to be one place.

Also, i got 2 shitholes rent to own.

Can i still get a bank loan and build a 100k house with 1st time homebuyer loan? Tired of living like a squatter in my own shit