So I've been considering a new car, and I've narrowed it between two

So I've been considering a new car, and I've narrowed it between two.

To begin, I currently drive a 2012 Civic LX. Good car, but it's not very refined and has a lot of road noise. It's cheap and reliable and I'll probably regret when I sell it.

Option 1: 2017 Civic LX coupe with the 6-speed manual. Reliable, naturally aspirated, manual trans, good car.

Option 2.: 2006 Jaguar XKR coupe. Just as reliable (minus some electrical bits), supercharged, automatic, good car too.

Which one? They're similar prices.

>choosing between a honda and freaking jaguar
Can't make this shit up, get a camry

Corolla

>Car is only 5 years old
>Want a new one

Why bother? My car is 14 years old and I only want a new car for more power.

Get better tires and add some sound deadening on wheel arches/floor. Tires alone will help a ton with road noise.
Also check balance/alignment and rubber suspension bits

Civic Turbo Hatch, the extra 2 grand is worth it

Also this

British here, the jag will most likely fall to shit after 3 weeks. I mean it's a lovely car, but it will drink petrol and fall to pieces

civic lx but the sedan

but turbos is a meme during the summer its practically underpowered from heat soak also direct injection. the lx has port injection so none of that carbon buildup bullshit. if you think thats a meme ask yourself why toyota went with both port and direct injection while honda stuck with just one or the other

Just don't drive like a pussy and you'll shake the carbon off the valves before it can build up

>muh heat soak
It isn't the 80s anymore

thatd be possibpe if we had kraut driving laws and etiquette

Buying a new car is a beyond retarded option reserved for wageslave tools. It's a massively depreciating asset and you shouldn't even consider unless you have an absurd amount of disposable income, no mortgages, and a hefty amount of savings. If that's the case, why the fuck would you buy a Civic?

The Jag has done all the depreciation already and it's a fucking sexy beast that you will actually enjoy driving and will make you feel like a million dollars grandpa.

It's a Civic, you can redline easily once a week and not get into trouble

>worried about heatsoak and power loss
>doesn't want to rev out the engine

hondas and toyotas barely depreciate

Some people here have good credit and can get financing for next to nothing and aren't interested in British shitboxes that tend to fall apart every other week

>but turbos is a meme during the summer its practically underpowered from heat soak also direct injection.
What the flying fuck?
Kill yourself.

heat soak still affects modern cars and carbon buildup will decrease power too

No it doesn't, not unless you're ripping it on a track. And the occasional Italian tune up will keep engines running great with very little carbon

or sitting in traffic

You'll only have carbon buildup if you constantly lug the engine and don't spool the turbo.

>heat soak
Jesus. Don't you think the car makers install big enough intercoolers already counting with extreme conditions?

Just buy a fucking Civic. That really is the car for you.

>what are radiator fans

>sitting in traffic
>the turbo somehow is generating huge amounts of heat while idling
You must be fun at parties.

we get it you dont want to see your precious turbo memes depreciate more than the base cars that dont have to worry about the flaws with turbos

Base model Hondas always depreciate harder than upper trim Hondas, don't be delusional

the dx trims that dont exist anymore?

>more torque
>more power
>more mpgs
"""""""""""""""memes"""""""""""""""""

Plus N/A is boring as fuck.

Do you want 17MPG on premium or 35MPG on regular

That's the question you need to ask yourself

XKR will be fine until it isn't and you have a $5000 repair bill for some stupid thing.

>base model trims don't exist anymore

we'll see. trucks and crossovers hold their values more nowadays but sportier cars? the mustang wouldnt be bargains after a year or 2

The Civic is an economy car, one of the best selling ones on the market

which is why the lx will hold its value, no one wants a turbo civic

Doesn't explain why people are all buying them up. They're higher end trim models with more features, the N/A 2.0 is the poorfag model with nothing

those are the special snowflake segment of car buyers not the normie segment theyre going to want a accord for the same money even if its a base trim

No they're not you moron, most people buy higher end trim models. The base models exist only to keep the price in ads seem low

Have you never bought a car before?

>Worried about a turbocharged econobox
>other option is a supercharged Jaguar
You're not very bright, are you?

lets see in hondas own words why would they make a statement regarding more people will end up buying the 2.0 engines in the civics

You know the 2.0L NA engine had piston ring problems, right?

op wanted a n/a civic the special snowflakes started shilling the turbos on him

Because it's a better car. If you want the bigger on the inside hatchback you only have the option of the turbo engine

for one model year

get a lexus gs430/460 or an infiniti g37,q40 (manual) or m45/56. buying new econoboxes is pointless.

more people would choose the hrv if they wanted a hatch

Still goes to show that NA engines aren't magic and that turbos aren't some memes

HRV is a lifted Fit, it's tiny as shit on the inside

>ITT: wannabe market experts

Buy the Jag, and then when it blow up in your face and you can't afford to fix it post results

every manufacturer has problems but its not as bad as ferd with the explorer exhaust leaks the piston ring isnt going to kill you and at worst they replace your engine

but what about your supercharged Jag?

that might kill you yes but itd be your fault not the cars

We're talking about reliability not safety

you dont shop jag for reliability

So why is OP cross shopping a Jag and a Civic then bitching about the reliability of a Turbo Civic?

ask him im not the op and im pretty sure he hasnt bitched about turbos

autism

bruh

so im the op now?

So you pent an hour bitching about turbos in a thread that doesn't affect you?

sure why not

OP here. I haven't said anything about turbos. But realistically the turbo power plant in their F1 car isn't doing so well.....

Because their econoboxes use F1 engines

>aren't interested in British shitboxes that tend to fall apart every other week

But Op is

OP should stop cross shopping completely different cars

bmw didnt get turbos right even with the 80s know how honda although not as arrogant as bmw is pretty arrogant enough to sell cars like bmw knowing a few years down the road the cars are going to have major problems

Everyone uses turbos, they've been reliable for a decade now. Stop being a luddite

toyota doesnt except in that one lexus crossover for sorority girls

Toyotas also use 30 yera old trannies in their Corollas

the corolla is the same car from 2005

> getting rid of a super reliable car for one that won't be, like at all
> i want a super sexy car hurr

yeah get the super sexy car, enjoy it for about a week and a half, then it won't be so exciting to drive anymore. then you'll realize you'll have to deal with all the issue$ that come of it, and you'll get all the "attention" from the car aka some fat chick that smiles at you when you drive by her. Stick with the Honda you dumbshit.

2002 actually

Get an accord much better car

I agree with you on that one, a brandnew civic or a 10 year old jaguar don't have anything in common except for the coupe part...

Hondas are reliable as FUCK
Not an expert on Jaguars but you'll look flashy while driving it. I mean, it's a Jaguar... it's luxury.

Why not keep the civic as a boring but reliable commuter and get a 10+ year old jaguar as weekend/ project car?

buying a brand new shitbox while owning a 5 year "old" shitbox.

I have an 08 FA5. no way id buy a new civic. Im going to keep my current shitbox for work and get something bigger with more utility.

Doing what OP is doing is literally why ppl are fucking poor. On top of that your getting the Pleb trim ffs.

40 em pee gees

Yeah, the turbo model gets that

Why would you buy a new civic if yours is still good? At least buy a different car if you need one that bad

His current civic basically gets the same MPGS. Are you really shilling for what, 1 more em pee gee?

And a significantly nicer interior. The 2012 Civic was so trash they face lifted it a year later

wont have to take intake out and blast walnuts to clean it with port injection either
because the op wants the car obviously his current car isnt refined enough

Just rev the piss out of DI engines every now and then, this isn't a problem

that doesnt fix the underlying issue

The issue is that you're a pussy foot, engines are supposed to be revved out it's how they stay healthy, DI or not

This goes against everything I was taught about not racing the engine and not getting speeding tickets.

Engineering has fuck all to do with speeding laws

LMAO @ spending thousands just for nicer interior and shit engine.

Even with trade in. is it really worth what. 10-12 grand.

Again, this is why you faggots stay poor.
INB4 "not everyone is poor"

>if youre looking for a dated jag or new civic, youre poor. hahah sheeple.

The 1.5L turbo is an objectively superior engine

I've got a 16 coupe manual. Has plenty of power for a daily driver, no CVT bullshit which will be expensive to fix when it eventually breaks, and using a proven engine. I figure for less than 20k I paid out the door should last me 15 years if I just do the scheduled maintenance. If you're fine with having a dumbed down non stereo none of the new tech stuff it's a perfect DD

Navigation still isn't standard on the Sibbick?

except hes looking at a base LX NA motor soooo.....

Next he'll say the 1.5T is better then the k20. lmao

The 1.5T was suggested and someone sperged out against turbos

It is

My LX radio is pretty much junkyard tier, it has a rearview camera but the screen quality is such garbage you can hardly see out of it at times. If I wasn't such a cheap fuck I'd upgrade it, but honestly I only use the thing for is listening to podcasts and Spotify through Bluetooth.

Does it have the safety tech standard like the Lane Watch thing?

I kind of want a Sibbick and am just curious.

Only of you get those options, they aren't all that expensive

Yeah I think you need to get the EX or EXL whatever it is. I would've considered upgrading, but I wanted a manual and in 16 only the LX was offered with a manual. When you go with the EX in a coupe I'm pretty sure you get the turbo as well.

Any hatchback can come with a turbo and manual