I'm an Internet rep for a high volume Hyundai dealership, and it's my day off...

I'm an Internet rep for a high volume Hyundai dealership, and it's my day off. If you have any questions about the business, cars, or whatever, I'll be on sporadically to help you out.

Sup friend. Currently looking at a $15,000 '15 Accord with 60k on it. How low can I get the price down, and how do I do that with grace, style, and ease?

Stale pasta is stale

That's all Veeky Forums rates - a Hyundai salesguy. Not even a FCA guy or a Ferd or Chebby guy - just Hyundai.

Why did I just find out Genesis is it's own brand now?

how many people call thinking youre a honda dealership?

When is the new 2019 Veloster coming out?

You guys need to hurry up and make Genesis a separate dealer, not inside of Hyundai.

For a luxury brand, it's like walking into a Chevy dealer.

Pre-owned is a very difficult world in which to negotiate, as a consumer. You have to think like a sales consultant; make them like you, build rapport, and they'll be more willing to negotiate with you.

That being said, there's all sorts of reasons why a dealership would want to make a deal that doesn't earn money on a new vehicle (compensation from the manufacturer, increase in sales volume, etc). There is no reason for a dealership to sell a pre-owned vehicle if it doesn't earn them money. So the deal rests with the pre-owned management, most often, who factor in the total car cost (how much they pais either the previous owner or the wholesaler, plus the cost of maintenance to bring it up to speed) versus the end sale cost.

Best way to get the best deal is to research comparable vehicles' regional costs and look to pay around that. Be prepared to walk away, politely and respectfully, if the deal doesn't work out. They'll likely call you to see what they can do to earn your business (that's me), and you can tell them that they need to work on price.

I mean, it's a google image picture, but I'm real.

wat

Well, it only happened recently, and I spoke with bigwigs from corporate back in 2014; the reason it wasn't its own brand then is because it's a multimillion dollar investment to establish an in-house luxury brand, so the Genesis, Gen Coupe, and Equus were basically the case study to see if they'd sell well, compared to other luxury brands. They did, so now they sell as their own brand and they're working to get it up and running.

Honestly, not many. And people are actually learning how to pronounce the brand's name correctly. I also avoid phone-ups like the plague; they're assholes, 9/10 times.

Who cares, it sucks.

>you guys

Please, I'm a peon who rolls with the punches the brand makes to make a living. Honestly, I don't even care much about the brand; I'm part of a group of dealerships with tens of brands, so I could go anywhere in the group and do what I'm doing, literally the exact same way, and get the same results. I'm very good at what I do, even though it's not my life's passion. It's a job for me, and I do it to the best of my ability. Anything out of my control isn't worth worrying about.

To address your point, I understand how you feel, but there's two things to note: firstly, a lot of Chevy dealerships still have a Cadillac section, where nyou walk over and it goes from Cruzes and Equinoxes to CT6 and Escalades, so it's not really a good analogy, and secondly, building a dealership takes a lot of time. It doesn't happen overnight; you have to have someone or some group pay the upfront costs, find a place, build the facility, order the inventory, wait for the inventory to arrive, man the facility (and there's a lot of workforce that goes into a dealership one doesn't often think about, such as billing, finance, BDC, DMV, Service, etc.), and then open its doors and hope you have clients that will work with you.

So Genesis is now its own brand and dealerships are going to start popping up, rest assured. But no matter how "discerning" you are as a client, if you want a G80 and you scoff at the thought of walking into a Hyundai dealership, you're just an asshole. "Luxury" means a higher level of refinement, service, and all that jazz; it doesn't means you can look down on the guy trying to sell you the car. They earn way more than you think, and they're the ones that control how much you pay, so you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face,

I just asked you when the new Veloster (that will have 250hp and I dependent rear suspension to make it a real hot- hatch) is coming out and you scoffed at me.

I am genuinely interested in buying one, and you dismissed me.

Your dealership sounds like a shitty one for hiring people such as yourself.

So you're interested in buying shit huh?

He may not have let you down gently, but OP is correct.

When are the gooks going to start creating original designs instead of stealing them from everyone else?

The new Veloster is pretty much going to be GOAT hot-hatch.

The new Elantra Sport and Elantra GT and i30 N have yet to get a bad review all because of the suspension improvements Hyundai has made since hiring the former BMW M guy and setting up shop on the Burgerking.

All bullshit aside, I like the Veloster; I like my current car, but if a new one with a better suspension is on the horizon then yeah, I am interested in trading up.

A shitty commission worker should jump at the opportunity to sell to me, especially someone willing to buy something you incorrectly think is shit.

How does it feel to be absolutely faggots and hijack Bentleys logo because you were too embarrassed with Hyundai's shitty reputation?

>for a luxury brand
>luxury brand
>luxury

its closer to chrysler desu

how bad is the car market right now?
for you and in general
thinking about buying a Chevy SS, hoping for the return of march 20% discount, latest GM sales are in the toilet but GM says they won't offer any more discounts, they'll just scale down production
WTF?

Chevy is luxurious compared to Hyundai though

When will velostars start looking good?

Am I the only one who actually kinda likes these smug little shits? The Hyundai 1.6s have a starter that sounds like a horse neigh to me and it makes me giggle every time I get one in for an oil change.

>someone willing to buy something you incorrectly think is shit.

The current, AND 2018 Veloster IS shit, friendo. That is fact. However, the 'N' performance model planned for the Veloster looks decent on paper but is yet to be released and is going to be a first-gen augmentation of a maligned and poorly refined hot hatch. That 2.0L? The DCT? FIrst gen, and I doubt they'll hit the nail on the head in terms of performance, efficiency, and power until at least the third MY, if it even makes it that far. That's not just Hyaundai, that's any car maker.

Not to mention the 'N'eloster will have strong competition from the FiST, FoST, and GTI who have been doing this a hell of a lot longer than Hyaundai. Ford makes a great performance hatch, and the DQ250 and Gen 3 EA888 2.0L powertrain on the GTI are beast, especially with a tune and FBO.

Don't get me wrong though, more competition in this catagory is needed. I'm tired of Ford and VWs complacency.

There is no 2018 Veloster.

And the 2019 Veloster will be redesigned, including a new suspension, and massive improvements to engine and transmission responsiveness.
>how do I know
Because they successfully just made the same changes to the "sporty" Elantra models.

I really hope you aren't OP because you have no business working at a Hyundai dealership.

Anything tips on getting a used genesis sedan? Seems to me like the best bargain sedan with decent power, and rear ac vents.

Don't

>2018 instead of 2019

Holy shit, you got me. It couldn't have been because I'm on my phone and pressed the 8 instead of the 9.

>successfully made a shitty car into a less shitty car.

Doesn't mean it still isn't shitty. But improvement is good. GOAT? No. Sorry.

>hope you aren't OP

I'm not, so rest easy. And you're right, I have no place at a gook dealership, because I wouldn't feel right selling others a vehicle I wouldn't touch myself.

Reasons why and alternatives?

why gook cars?
do people actually get excited to buy gook cars?

You know absolutely nothing and have added zero value to this discussion.

Thank you for sharing your retarded opinions though.

>shit-tier damage control
>matches shit-tier taste in cars

Stay mad, veslowster fag.

>thinks he can greentext his way out of his mental incapacity

You can't.

>decompiles retorts into "you don't know what you're talking about" to protect fragile psyche over the fact they own a veslowster.

Congratulations on your gold medal in mental gymnastics. Stay BTFO.

Reasons why
>imitation of a superior car
>poorly built
>shit materials
>awful performance

Alternatives
>literally anything else not made by the gooks

But you didn't know what you were talking about.

What do you think of the new i20? I thinking of getting one for my nan. Looks roomy.

The Veloster is getting the N package, right?

I'm a supervisor for basically every OEM and insurance company there is.

Hyundai customers are amongst the nicest. Dunno why.

For their roadside that is...

It will be the first Hyundai product to get it in the North American market, because the i30 N (Elantra GT "N") is Yurop only.

You know what the MSRP on it will be? Ive got a 2013 and will probably trade in when it comes out.

A 2016 Veloster Turbo was already close to $30k MSRP with all the options, even though nobody has ever paid sticker for any Korean car.

I would expect the N to be priced the same. Certainly will not be any more expensive than a comparably equipped VW Golf GTI, which can also reach $30k fully equipped.

Will the i30 News be any good? Ordered the first edition but getting doubts

Will the genesis coupe ever make a comeback, that was pretty much the only offering from Hyundai that I liked.

You're probably the worst trip, please kill you are self

Yes, under the new Genesis brand.

Meaning they're gonna make a 2-door version of the G80 and charge $50 grand for it, so you won't be able to afford it.

Bump, I'm going to reply in a few mins, forgot about the thread. Forgive me desu

What vehicle that you sell do you think has the best overall value for their going price?

Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend your feelings by not liking what you like on a Veeky Forums message board? I'm sorry, I didn't know your feelings were that fragile. Well, let's reason this out; the next model year (i.e. 2018 model year in the year 2017) generally comes out around summer, so I'm assuming next summer. Dealerships, however, are never told in advance when they're coming in, or when they plan to come in, until their first shipment is in transit. So we get less than a month's notice when we're expecting the next year of any particular model.

A car designer once told me that the front fascias of all new vehicles look pretty similar because of pedestrian safety standards and that no one seems to know how to stay in line with those and create new design concepts. How much truth this holds, when you look at some really outstanding cars that are on the market, I dunno, but there ya go.

Commissions are almost never based on the model you're selling, just how much money the dealership makes. And those shitty commission workers (at my place, anyway) are all earning six figures, even the mediocre ones.

A lot of vitriol coming from you guys in regards to Hyundai. Would you prefer to buy the product and then swap that logo with the Hyundai H, like the Acura/Honda crowd? Go wild.

Whether you like it or not, that's the segment in which it competes.

Could be worse. Could be better. We're more productive in my department in almost every metric over last year, but our sales are still slightly down because our consultants are a group of twats run by greedy management. So I'm doing a better job, and they're doing a worse job, so my paycheck suffers. Makes about as much sense as you think it does.

Different manufacturers offer different solutions to closing down a product line, but the bottom line is that GM isn't the dealership you visit; if you go in, expressing your interest in buying an SS and they have a couple of models on the lot that no one is even trying to buy, they'll offer you a strong deal just to move it.

Eh. I could think of worse products on the market that ride worse.

nevar

No, I like them, as well. No one buys them, though, because the Elantra leases are stronger, so if someone comes in and tries to lease an Accent, they'll be told you'll be paying more for an Accent than for an Elantra. And generally, the finance programs are stronger, as well. So unless you're paying cash, there's no point, economically.

I'll believe it when I see it. The Gen Coupe never lived up to what it was supposed to be, and my inclination is that the same will happen here.

That's not me.

see the first response of You know, it used to bother me, to work at a Hyundai dealership when I much prefer other models, personally. But then I realized that almost no client ever talks product knowledge with me; they want to know about pricing, credit, availability, the car buying experience, and that kind of stuff. The clientele that buy Hyundai do not think of the same things as we do, so to speak. They don't care about BHP, tire sizes, CoG, cD, etc. They want to get "the best deal." So that's what I work with them on.

There's a growing consumer base of car buyers who are looking for the latest technology and the "most for their money," a value proposition. And Hyundai lost their way on that one for a couple of years, but now, their trim levels accurately reflect that. Most cars we offer have more equipment level than competing segment vehicles from other brands, and our incentives are often stronger.

I would agree that the Equus and Genesis probably didn't have the most long-lasting materials on the dash and on some of the places most often touched by the driver, which is a very Hyundai mistake to make. And it closely resembles segment leaders. But the performance is exactly as stated; the ride is very nice; well insulated and takes bumps well. And they sell at a fraction of the price of other cars in the segment. Only judgy Veeky Forums will quibble over the fact it's a Hyundai; most normies see it and judge it by its looks, and its proportions and styling cues all reflect a higher level of refinement.

Sure, go for it. We 'Mericans know nothing of across the pong cars. But I do hear they're pretty good, I wouldn't hesitate to drive one if I had to.

I know as much as you do; we're often the last ones to be told shit from the manufacturer. I get my product knowledge from car mags.

Oh, try my spot; they're assholes to me. Phone call I placed to a client the other day:

>*ring*
>Hello?
>Hi, is this ?
>Go fuck yourself.
>*click*

I laughed about that one for hours. He no showed an appointment I had, then tells me to fuck off. I'll call him again tomorrow.

No idea.

As far as I know, the G70 was greenlit and will be the closest thing you can get to it. But I hated the GC. Its steering was balls heavy, like they drove a '60s American car with no power steering and said "...yes, that's the steering feel we want." They also heard that good sports cars have stiff suspensions, so they took the suspension from an '85 IROC Z28 with no suspension rebound and plopped it in. It could have been so good, and was so bad.

I heard starting MSRP will be closer to mid to high $30k, I'd keep an eye out for pricing information as it comes closer to production.

Elantra Value edition, for sure. Look up what it comes with, and look at how much it costs. If you're looking for an A-B daily driver, you can't get much better for the price.

Aaaand finally caught up. Sorry that took me a while to get back to responses.

Reasonable responses to even unreasonable people. Thank you OP for contributing.

Wow I just looked the Elantra Value up and it does look like it does have great value. The only big issue is no manual transmission.

I could totally see myself buying a $15 grand Elantra with a stick in the future once I get a decent job. $15 grand for a decent new car is good. Sure, it doesn't have great performance, but at least with a manual transmission I could entertain myself with shifting. Honestly my biggest issue would be the social stigma that that follows the brand around. A brand new Hyundai might be just as much of a turn off to women as my 20 year old Crown Vic is now.

I gotchu bae

So, the manual thing; there is almost no Hyundai dealership that carries a manual anything. If you want manual on a trim level that actually has it available, you better be ready to factory order it, and that's a hassle.

And the Hyundai stigma holds up about as well as people looking at Miatas and thinking you're a hairdresser; it's something we joke about that mostly never happens. Hyundai is basically seen as just another brand now; only incredibly rarely will I ever hear clients diss Hyundai (at least, to my face).

There was one client I brought in the other day on a pre-owned Tucson, and her tub-of-lard husband/boyfriend/thing starts walking the showroom and sees a G90 3.3T and goes, "$70K?! FOR A HYUNDAI?!" I ignored him because I wanted to go into neither the difference of Genesis and Hyundai models, nor the fact that they're here for a $15k Tucson, so his opinion means dick.

P.S. - a lot of early 20s-ish girls come in to buy Elantras, it's actually a good car to pick up women in. It's non-assuming, decent to look at, and often comes with a bunch of shit to play with, so it's nice to be a passenger.

What are the telltale signs of someone who test drives a car with no intention of actually buying?

There is no such thing. Any consultant worth his salt will treat every prospective client like royalty; show them whatever car they want to look at with whatever trim, get them coffee/tea/soda, sit them down, talk with them about life if they want, and even if if they don't buy a car, do not let them walk away without them feeling like they had a world-class buying experience.

My trainer, back in the day, once told me a story of this guy who came in and had no money, and even said that upfront. He said, no problem, let me show you the car. He did everything he normally does to a buy-that-day kind of guy, and he was so happy he wasn't rebuffed that he told his entire family, all of whom could afford cars, to go and buy a car from him. One non-sale client turned into a host of referrals.

That's how you build a successful group of referral clientele. There's very few people on the sales floor now who recognize this, and they're the ones stumbling every day to try and make a sale, whereas older, more experienced reps have 2, sometimes 3 clients a day come in, asking for them, knowing that they're going to buy from them and it just comes down to the car, trim, price, finance etc. The most successful rep we have earns half a mil annually because people just constantly come in and ask for them.

Also, that jpg tho