Enough is enough with petrol!

Seriously guys, no more petrol! Avoid all of that and reserve your Model 3 from Tesla. It's a game changer. $25k after incentives for a 230 mile car with autopilot safety features, pure electric, supercharger access, no more oil changes or emissions checks. Heat and cool in your garage without emitting poisonous fumes, as commanded by your iPad while you eat breakfast.

Seriously, what's stopping you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=goTojvhwrdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>having to replace batteries
ill stick with petrol

Petrol? But I only have to change my oil every couple thousand miles.

>he thinks battery replacements would occur before he would have to rebuild an ICE

>take car to shop
>replace pack
>old pack's recycling value is credited towards the purchase price of your new pack

>$25k after incentives
which state?

>230 mile
try 200

>supercharger access
no longer free

I live in FL with no emissions check for any car. No inspection at all, probably not a good thing in hindsight.

>230 miles.... do you live in a small village in England and never leave it?

Make an electric Saab that isn't a chinkshit, until then fuck off

are you serious dude? no tesla battery at this point lasts more than 6 years, but just for the sake of your fuckboiness lets say they last 10 years.

i have over 3 vehicles that have never had a rebuild that are from 00,03, and 04

running strong

not a tesla fuckboi,
but CA

A mass produced car line that came out five years ago doesn't have a battery older than six years? You don't say?

that graph is bullshit
also losing even 15% of 200 is pretty bad

>chart
Is that trendline declining?

its showing battery range loss over km traveled

Good thing that happens beyond 300,000km.

meaning the battery's efficiency will be declining over km traveled

The sharp drop happens after 12,000 miles. Pretty bad.

>inb4 triggered teslafag defending

Would you rather them factory stress cycle the batteries so the non-linear, 4% drop doesn't appear to the general cletus population? Its still at 90% capacity after 200k miles lol.

>the batteries don't last!
>b-but it's gotta be worse than power loss in my ICE!
>t-triggered XD!

>autopilot safety features, supercharger access
You have to pay extra for that shit

The fact there is flammable fluid exploding inside a block of steel lets me know i'm driving a car for real men, and not something designed for silicon valley urbanite eunuchs.

People who make graphs where the y axis doesn't start at zero should be hung

People who can't read axis labels should be hung

it's just not proper graphmaking. The y axis should always start at zero.

>no charging stations close enough to me to make it convenient
>spending 25k plus on a car so save petrol money doesn't make sense when I can buy a cheap daily
>I need a fun car in addition to my daily and my other car is faster than a model 3

Obviously at some point in the future I'll have an electric car, but it aint gonna be a model 3.

same here. it might be a used model 3, though. EVs can't hold value for shit.

Veeky Forums is literally fifth graders confirmed.

This thread is hilarious. "This graph is bullshit, real datapoints are nothing compared to my shitpost! Look at that sharp drop from 100% to 97%! Literally undrivable. 15% degradation that levels off is atrocious which is why I have a gas engine that doesn't degrade over time in any way."

But the bulk of my driving is like 500mi trips. Petrol is the obvious option.

I don't have a clue how EVs will hold value. The model 3 doesnt appeal to me at all. I'll wait for the Germans to make something decent.

Sorry, not 15%, I was just guilty of saying the same retarded shit. It tapers off at ~9% with 15% outliers.

But it's not though. Maybe they teach you that in middle school, but turning in lab reports in college with white space because you started at 0 will get you docked.

It's done that way to discern differences for meaningful interpretation. Otherwise it looks like this.

>white space for ants
You obviously have never given a presentation where blind old people can't see anything.

it's the opposite for me. graphs must start at zero no matter what. if you need to have an entire page for one then you do so.

t. engineering college student

Says the fucktard who wants all the relevant information shoved off into 5% of the graph.

Yeah and I just graduated myself. Three departments I knew docked for white space because of starting at zero.

Nobody cares about 90% whitespace in graphs. Most peer reviewed articles will show this.

What are you talking about no car in this or any price range is faster than a Tesla, period.

It looks like ass. ASS

There's only a limited amount of space, especially if you want to get something published.

So whether it's logarithmic scale or whatever else, then you have to show it. I have frequently criticized people for showing only marginal differences. In that case, I usually ask them why such a marginal difference matters and why they couldn't come up with a better argument.

Not sure about new cars, but I have an older jap car which is faster. I have no interest in buying a brand new car that I don't see myself keeping. I'll wait for something better to come along.

We are talking about the model 3. not the S btw. the 0-60 is something like 5 seconds, and we all know 0-60 where it's at its best anyway.

>no car in this or any price range is faster than a Tesla, period.

Until there's a corner. Daily reminder that the Model S is slower than a BRZ around the Nürburgring.

>$25k after taxpayer subsidised incentives

why are my taxes so high? at least I got a cheap electric meme car

I'd love to have a ~5s 0-60 jap car that gets 100+ mpg.

It's not the corners afaik. It's the cooling system.

I want to see how they're roadster does in 2019.

>autopilot safety features
Generally I prefer safety features that don't kill the owner.

like your airbags ?

>It's not the corners afaik. It's the cooling system.
It's both. The model S weighs at least 4,400 lbs. The higher trims weight close to 5,000 lbs. They're obese.

Even for log scales?

The battery technology is identical to the ones in your cell phone and laptop and we know how well they last over six years. Cadex labs did some discharge tests on them and found a 20-25% loss in capacity in just 250 cycles.(80% depth of discharge) if you only use your Tesla for commuting to and from work 5 days a week 48 weeks a year that is 240 discharge cycles a year or 1440 cycles over 6 years, to make the battery last that long you would be looking at never more than a 20% depth of discharge and a charge rate of no more than 0.1c. So if you are happy with having an effective range of 40 miles between charges and never using the supercharges you could keep 80% of your maximum capacity for 6 years (ignoring shelf life losses and factoring in the fact your effective range after 6 years is now only 32 miles)

Extreme cold probably fucks with the battery pack, there is exactly zero Supercharger stations within the limited range of that shitbox, and I can't even make it halfway across the state before I would have to stop and charge the thing for the evening.

Also it looks like the most generic fucking car possible.

I'll care about mpg when im poor

BBC told me nobody really needs 30 or 40 miles of range day to day.

I have no interest in electrically powered cars.
I'm a petrol head and will always own petrol cars, even if I have a pos electric as a daily.

Not a problem in countries where car owners ant too retarded to put on a seat belt.

>230 mile car
That's it?

I'll keep my civic that has a 450m range

I quite look forward to when decent electric cars become available.

Why does everyone Veeky Forums claim to drive their cars 400 miles a day when the US average is like 30 miles. What am I missing here.

How about a diesel-electric car like are used in most mainline modes of transportation? Nuke subs excluded.

I like this guy.

You mean hybrid.

It's very simple. I don't even need my car to drive to work or whatever. But any time I want I can get in and drive fully across the country, around the other way, back again, and then diagonally through to see other things, and then wheel my way back home.

How is that hard to understand?

Series hybrid makes a lot of sense in many ways, you can run the generator at peak efficiency.

Hybrid is a great idea in my opinion, even if it doesn't match my needs exactly.

No one wants to have a rent a normal car when they go to visit family/friends/on vacation because their garbage electric car shits the bed after 200 miles.

And you can always fuck off the electric bull shit and run it on a proper engine.

>run it on a proper engine
Can you really? What do those engines put out?

And can I tip the throttle open, controlling it with my toes, to hear the throaty gasping roar or the engine struggling to come to life? Will it go sideways around the corner?

Busfare is cheap

But I like my V12, I like working on it, I like caring for it, I like being a smug asshole with it, I like it.
Battery cars have none of that.

Holy fuck I didn't realize it weighs as much as a 59 caddy

For 25k I'll go through at least three shitboxes, with repairs, over a period longer than the life of a tesla. Not to mention the money to keep that thing on the road.

It explains why its handling is very poor. Too heavy to drift

God Damn. And that's a coupe. Imagine driving that into town.

When men were wont toward greatness.

>Seriously, what's stopping you?

The thing that's stopping me is the autotragic piece of electric shit that can't even compete with an entry level sports car in terms of performance

and a 59 caddy looks way better

>autopilot safety features
NO, you have to pay extra for things like Stay In Lane, Automatic Keep Distance when using cruise control, and freeway exit.

No one is going to get the $35K base model with no features. If you got one, all the normies and EV car owners (including Prius, Volt, and hybrid owners) will smirk at the poorfag that spent so much without getting the actual features that make a tesla better than ICE. Without those features, they should have stuck to ICE and also got better comfort and luxury features.

It's $5000 more for an interior upgrade package. That's more or less essential unless you like that rotten stripped plastic feeling. Tesla expects you to get this anyways which is why their basic interior is so stark.

You'll have to pay another $5000 for the automated driving features such as Stay In Lane. The full autopilot is still a ways up yet, but this $5K is on the path there.

You'll have to pay another $3000 for future proofing updates. Might as well pay it up front as it costs you more if you pay later.

You'll have to pay extra to get more mileage than 200 miles range. And you can't really drive that full 200 as it is not a "full speed and it instantly runs out at 200". You'll probably peter out around 160 to 180 miles and much sooner if you run your A/C or other power sucking accessories like the radio, running lights, headlights, and automated driving features. Each thing you enable decreases your range. Your driving style also affects how far you can go before needing a charge.

Battery longevity is improved if you don't drop below roughly 40% before recharging says some people. So if you take that advice, your actual range out of the 200 miles max before recharging is ends up as 80 miles.

Except mobile devices are used much differently than a vehicle. They have way smaller capacities to power all components for a day or two at most - meaning that people are taxing their batteries in the >90% and

I would be perfectly fine with the 35k base model. I don't need wood trim or powered seats. Or heated rear seats. And 7 speakers instead of 12 with the premium package is fine by me as well...

>You'll have to pay extra to get more mileage than 200 miles range.
But I listened to NPR and they told me it would be cheaper this way in the long run.

This post triggers teslafags.

what do you mean by that? if the base model is 50kwh, and electricity is 8 cents off peak, then you can get 220 miles for four bucks if you change at night.

>two dumbasses steal a tesla
>smash it at 100mph
what did you expect would happen? lol.

>kwh
>cents
>off peak
Wait, you're saying to me that NPR uses numbers and science? Have you ever listened to NPR?

>tfw no microturbine range extenders

That's why tesla cars only "compete" on straight roads with Ludicrous Mode. Short distance straight-line sprints. And there are lots of city roads teslas can't really do that because they might lose control or spin out.

Tesla cars have the feature where cutting the special disabling loop stops the electronics in the batter pack from sending high current to the rest of the car. That's good if there is a short circuit problem if the occupants are going to be rescued or the car has to sit there after an accident.

ha!

>400 mile range on a petrol car
>can drive around a full 2 weeks of daily driving at a 30 mile/day rate without filling up
>can make it on a longer road trip with fewer fuel stops
>can fill up in under 10 minutes

>200 mile range of a tesla
>plug your car in when you get to work, the store, and home
>more frequent stops on road trips because of a reduced range
>have to dedicate at least 30 minutes to charging at a super charger, longer at a traditional outlet

you can be a smug asshole with a battery car, talk to literally any tesla owner

Man, good thing my ICE never wears down. Dumb EVfags don't know what they're missing.

>400 mile range on a petrol car
My ICE car has over 500 miles range. And that included the low mpg hooning driving after one Veeky Forums meet. I don't think that heavy tesla would have done well on those public roads. It's weight and momentum would have made it slide off the cliffs or at least hit the guardrails.

>current car gets 400mi per tank for only $19
No thanks.

I only drive sub 2500 rwd manual cars. Sorry bro

consumer electronics also have no cooling and less sophisticated chargers.

the biggest factor in loss of battery capacity, is heat. Which causes the anodes to corrode.

Prius or ecnobox?

not that user.

My current old car, petrol Jetta can do over 400+ miles in 13.5 gallon tank. I drive like crazy.

>still costs $30,000 for the new battery

I love it when you have to bring up masculinity into this. Really makes it obvious how insecure you are as a man.

>>two niggers steal a tesla

fix'd

Aye anything over 4,000 lbs is going to eat shit in the canyons

When it is heavy, its tires can wear out much faster.

youtube.com/watch?v=goTojvhwrdc

that moron makes me only slightly ashamed to be a tesla enthusiast

I don't own any Apple products, much less an 'iPad' as I'm not a faggot...I don't eat breakfast as I'm usually 2-3 hours into my workday, and a Tesla generally would never work for me, as I typically carry a truck load of tools...
As an aside, I also don't participate in 'incentivized' sales of any kind...tax payer is the one getting the big screw by the jew on this one...
Going to love seeing how well Tesla survives in the real world after these incentives and tax credits end...Solar city anyone???