ITT post a good car with a severe design flaw

ITT post a good car with a severe design flaw.
I'll start.

>iconic 911
>severe design flaw

wat

2004 Carrera S is a good car but drains the battery like nothing else. They jammed it full of electronic components and taxed the battery. Otherwise great car.

Except it doesn't, it even has features to save your battery like turning off your interior lights after 2 hours if they're left on and disabling the remote entry if the car has been sitting for 5 days

Dis. Jeez there are some bad owners out there.

I actually expected the bearing meme but this is a new one.
Also, the bearing stuff apparently isn't that widespread as I thought but probably still a good idea to check for hints of it or just change the shit.

Yeah and those don't do much to help, I've had to use a solar charger to stimulate the battery during the weekdays when I'm not driving.

Yeah, I've had three drained batteries because of this. Just guzzles energy like nothing else.

Don't know much about bearing though.

There's something wrong with your electrics, my 986 can sit for a month and start right up after

>Yeah, I've had three drained batteries because of this.

I have literally never heard of this to be a problem with these Porsches.

To me it seems more likely that you sloppily installed some idiotic shit like a boombox or blue legroom lighting and used hair thin cables or electric tape to insulate connections instead of properly shrinkwrapping shit.

Yeah the worry is that either the connections are dodgy or the components are drawing too much power.

God no the thing it's got is a new engine. Other than that it's all standard.

The new camaro.
Can't see shit when back up, too many blindspots.

>
>>Yeah, I've had three drained batteries because of this.
>I have literally never heard of this to be a problem with these Porsches.
>To me it seems more likely that you sloppily installed some idiotic shit like a boombox or blue legroom lighting and used hair thin cables or electric tape to insulate connections instead of properly shrinkwrapping shit.
Why would insulationmatter though? You're not going to magically use more power with less of it

Might be a botched job

Angry pixies and shit

>Why would insulationmatter though?

If you use cables that are too thin, shit gets hot which might also cause insulation to fail at some spots and the parasitic drain begins (before it actually catches fire at some later point)

That could be the case, I'll get the mechanics to take a look at it.

Bad wiring harness?

Yeah I'm starting to think that's the case to be honest.

So why do they refuse to make the cayman a great car? The 911 RSR has basically replaced the standard Rear engine 911

That bad?

Too much focus on settings that'll allow any stupid spoiled whore to handle a 600-hp car at slow cruising "LOOK AT ME" speeds

Shit it has too much tech in general for which old man Enzo is rolling in his grave over as Ferrari refuses to build a bare-bones no-frills hate-machine designed for the sole purpose of raping tracks.

ALL modern sports cars drain the shit out of batteries. It's normal. It's the price you pay for computer-controlled everything.

All modern cars: visibility

I'm hoping that's the case, it's a great car.

That's why they sell camera options.

You can only sqeeze so much power out of a small 6-cylinder engine, and Porsche's really pushing it with all the hyper-charging they're doing that'll make sure new ones won't take the miles on the odometer older ones will.

I wouldn't be surprised if 10k miles is the kiss of death for many modern 911's like it is on Mclarens.

Purists (read: autists)

LOL wut? Have you never seen high mileage 911 Turbos? They're called daily drivable super cars for a reason

I am not referring to the regular ones, genius. I am referring to the special ones like the GT3-RS2

I've never heard of those having problems either

>I wouldn't be surprised if 10k miles is the kiss of death for many modern 911's like it is on Mclarens.

That would be dumb.
Porsche is extremely autistic about their reputation of making reliable sports cars.

You should also check out how much they invest in testing shit and how long it takes for them to develop engines.

god you're stupid

you posted a 987. 987's came out in 2005. Not 2004.

there was no 2004 carrera S. And neither 996 and 997 have battery problems. because:

Dad owns a 997
Friend owns a 996
I own a 986

none of us have ever experienced any battery problems.

986 bros

sup uncle bumblefuck

Left mine sit for 3 weeks while I waited to start a new job, no problems here

Dunno about those, but I've had a '16 Challenger as a rental twice and they were both terrible to see out of. Smaller mirrors, bad window design

>short wheels base
>4age
other than that it's a great car

>severe design flaw
>4age

DELETE THIS

Why don't you mention that they literally lifted an FWD drivetrain from a normal corolla and put it in the car backwards? The AW11 is a Corolla, the SW30 is a Camry, the Spyder is extinct.

>I wouldn't be surprised if 10k miles is the kiss of death for many modern 911's

lmao, you do know people drive their porsches right? like, a lot.

Least its not as bad as a 84-87 Fiero, with it's parts bin FWD suspension tossed on the rear of it.

>reliable engine = severe design flaw

So what? Pontiac did it and Panoz is doing it to a Buick Regal to make a Deltawing road car.

The suspension doesn't fucking care which end of the car it's at.

It has a center shaft bearing that does not get lubrication/oil flow. once it dies it destroys the engine.

It's 1k to replace. It's why 911 Carrreras go for 9-12k.

It's really the time to buy one of the fuckers.

>no manual
>not sold in the US
JUST

The IMS bearing was a major issue on a few specific years of 996/986, and a relatively rare problem on other 996s/986s/987s/997s.
Also on 986s and 996s it's easy as hell to replace along with the clutch, but on 997s and 987s it requires a full engine teardown and rebuild.

Why can't people leave third gens alone?

its stock save for the tires,what do you think this is you underage faggot?

A Zimmer Quicksilver which is yet another Fiero with a bodykit (not a third gen, my bad) you mong