/palg/ Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB49)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?38717

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=Xtdgz6NNPyo&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rEhxPhVQdYE
paladins.gamepedia.com/Countermeasure_IV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

butts

This game is shit, Hi-Rez' next game when? I wanna watch another game go from an amazing closed beta and morph into another pile of garbage.

Corsets

I want to _be_ Fernando's amigo

Hot long lances

Seris = evil mommy
Inara = good mommy

Burrito vs Snek fucks with my head, because Snek is still Burrito for me.

Inara=over protective Mom
Seris=succubus aunt

I want to skullfuck Inara

What is the requirement to become Fernando's amigo? How does one become appointed to this position?

Help him out on the point.

You are not wrong.

>don't even enjoy playing Frontline that much
>keep picking it because no one else does
;_;

Either learn to love it or stop giving a fuck and pick that fourth flank, user.

>tfw you are his amigo already

As an Overwatch player, how do people put up with the blatantly retarded hitboxes in Paladins?

As a Paladins player, how do people put up with the slow, choke-point based combat of Overwatch?

We do it because it's how it is and the rest of the game compensates enough for it to be a fun game regardless.
Everyone wants it fixed, but until it is, the game still has enough value to be worth playing in spite of the problem.

By not giving a shit.
Sometimes get a laugh if something really silly happens.

They're only large for body shots, not crits, so it doesn't matter terribly much. Also helps that the gameplay is better than overwatchs so its what I stick with.

I really hope it's not a collection so I can just get the glasses for a reasonable price.

How do people put up with the blatantly retarded low ttk in OW?
How do people put up with the blatantly retarded choke points in OW?
How do people put up with the blatantly retarded unbalanced roster of champions in OW?

Really makes you think.

What's weird is that the hitbox does extend in the head region, even though the critbox doesn't.
>This is a valid hit

How do people put up with having a projectile character that deals huge amounts of damage but is considered shit-tier and never played because said damage is extremely inconsistent thanks to the small hitboxes?

My girlfriend got me into playing this game with her and so far, all I really enjoy using is Ying, Pip and Seris. Are these characters reliable or do they suck dick and im only getting away with it because I am level 10?

Are there any supports that would be greatly suggested for me to pick up?

all 3 are good champs, keep in mind though that pip is best played as a damage/flank.
mal damba is another good healer.

They're all high-level viable, but you need to be pretty good with Pip or Seris to make them work.

Mal'Damba is imo easier to git gud at and just as high-level viable.

They are all good. Check out Mal'Damba too, he's bretty strong.

The hitboxes fit the nature of the game, its not about leet 360 noscope headshots but team comps, positioning, abilities and cooldown management.

Seris is way more forgiving than Damba. I can't damba for shit unless my team is on point, but no matter how awful a game is going, I can Seris safely and effectively til the end. Her ult is also usually better followed up on in normal games.

Seris is safe, but Mal'Damba is super easy to get near-constant healing on your whole team
Sure you can't survive as much in your face, but in terms of direct healing I don't think he really requires as much planning and quick decision making.
Healing the wrong person as Seris can make a huge difference.

>complains about retarded hitboxes on OW
>they just finished fixing Roadhog
>Hanzo arrows are still retarded
>Winston's hurtbox is still "If you can't headshot him, you can't aim" making him next to trash at holding anything that isn't KotH
>Tracer, Pilot D.Va and Widow's hurtbox is smaller than everyone else's and is misleading (tracer and pilot d.va share the same hurtbox)
>Rein still has one of the smallest heads in the game while every other tank has a large headshot hurtbox.

Both games have their faults

>fixing roadhog
You mean fucking roadhog up the ass.

What the fuck is kill potential.

It's much harder to hit with his snakes tho

That's definitely true, but that's more into combat/utility rather than a true support role.
Not that it should be ignored, but it's technically optional. You can still keep your team alive without it, even though you'll be massively more helpful once you practice it.

>when it's 2-0 losing team captures faster
When did they implement that? I remember that being the case when it was 3-1, but 2-0?

mmmmmm.

this guy walks up to your point and headshots your braindead kinessa's ass.
what do you do?

Carry the team, again

>point
>kinessa
????

Silently wish there was a high-five emote.

>Kinessa on point
>androxus on point
Marvel at the once in a lifetime occurrence

Be happy because I'm ranked high enough for people to finally know that the point is the only way to win the game.

> wasd rage quits

Behold the true power of the ESL

Truly, the most meme tournament of our times.

didnt catch that, what happened? did they just get steamrolled or something?

The only thing missing was a Skye pick.

It wasn't that bad a stomp, but after game one "they couldn't field a fill team for the remainder of the tournament". Someone got buttmad

One of them works early so they had to leave? Or something like that? I'm not sure.

Check SerisĀ“ emote

I'm surprised anyone signed up to waste their day for a 150 euro first prize.

Short video of the event. Explains it all really.

youtube.com/watch?v=rEhxPhVQdYE

So this game seems to be more like TF2 than Overwatch.

Overwatch's cartoony art, with a fantasy theme kinda with TF2's gameplay is best how I'd describe Paladins

Ying = levitating slut
Skye = invisible slut

Is that prize every week though? And does Snek or whoever eventually get invited to the Masters lan? It's certainly not a full time job esport like LoL but extra pocket cash is extra pocket cash, for doing nothing but playing vidya

So! Which champion is your favorite to play? And which champion can you absolutely not stand playing?

Evie. Anything other than Evie.

Niggers look at this shit That's the most obscenely gay thing I've ever seen. How do you expect anyone to take this shit seriously? Overwatch has it's faults but good fucking christ this isn't a fucking disadvantage, it's fucking voodoo nigger magic.

most fun i have with is snek
least fun i have with is ying. she's fucking borrrringgggg

Tankflanks are my thing this week, either Nando or Ruckus. Can't fucking stand playing actual flanks though. I'm just not sneaky enough to pull them off without also being a tank.

Without forgiving hitboxes the game would be much more unbalanced, no one would be able to deal with the smaller extremely mobile champs, this isn't SlowWatch.

What is the class of next champion?

Seriously though, triple jump Maeve or acrobatics Pip would be god damn cancer without some leeway

Sorry, didn't mean to quote you.

Damage or flank, then frontline based on ptr but who knows

Fuck Androxus man, I would rather play fucking Inara or Torvald.

Anyone who smurfs is a faggot.

Bitch, I need Pip's weapon. You think I smurf because I enjoy it?

Maeve is my go to champion, I cant stand playing victor not because I suck with him its just that he's so piss easy to play I dont even think I deserve half of the kills I get with him

Large hitboxes aren't as big a problem when the TTK is greater than zero.

This.

> tfw two Cassie smurfs in a row last night
> Both of them also following a decent Vik around the whole time
> I was a tank

How the fuck do i counter mave and skye? They are somehow able to out damage me everytime

Stick to your team.

Dash away from them. Skye in particular has garbage range and no dash to catch you. Maeves knives split after too far.

Also this

Expect them, they are loud as fuck.

what is smurf?

>tfw everyone playing ranked autistically writes down their elo gains/loses
It makes me want to do it too.

>tfw level 30 and not a single ranked match

Feels good.

Fuck esl, saturday qualifiers are where it's at.

I haven't played this game for a long ass time so tell me:
-What are some big changes worth mentioning
-How's my boys Mal'damba, Grover, Grohk, Buck, and Barik doing?
-I remember that after I've left, easyanticheat was applied and there are some people claiming that it's a spyware in disguise. After all these patches, is it true or not?

>tfw leddit wants to nerf Fusillade

>What are some big changes worth mentioning
p2w legendary system added
supports and frontlines even worse
lots of new bugs but all the old bugs you probably remember still aren't fixed
>How are my boys doing?
alright, garbage, alright, alright, garbage in that order
>Easyanticheat
It's not malicious, it's just completely useless as an anticheat and even if it detects anything Hirez doesn't bother banning them.

It's not fusillade that needs a nerf
It's drogoz in general that needs to be gutted, almost as much as BK

Nigga we wanted to tone down or change up fusillade last thread, because it's so good it's the only viable choice 90% of the time, outside of pro play anyways. Combustible gains more value when you know your team will be following up on the damage it causes. Theres nothing wrong with removing his splash if you choose it as a downside.

>What are some big changes worth mentioning
Uhh, legendaries? Also, Drybear died, Martini is our new overlord, Seris is dope, ttk went down, we got new map, ranked is a little bit better now, we have voice chat now too
>Mal'Damba
He good.
>Grover
Meh. New champ has an ability that deletes his ult.
>Grohk
Was good for a while then went to meh again. He's a good bruiser though.
>Buck
He ok.
>Barik
He's doing ok, Hi-rez is trying to change that.

Yo. I've been playing Overwatch a lot lately but due to friends not owning it I just started playing this game as well to have fun with them.

What should I expect? What's the difference between OW and Paladins?

Drogoz isn't really that out of line, except for 2 of his legendaries. If he couldnt get lucky 2 shots on 90% of the cast he'd be much more bearable. Wyrm drogoz is fine. I'd much rather face that than a roll dodge Cassie for instance.

Does Chronos affects cards that have cooldown?
paladins.gamepedia.com/Countermeasure_IV

Faster and more fun gameplay

5v5 instead of 6v6, characters are locked in for the match, you can customize a character's abilities with cards, you can buy items to improve your performance over the course of a match, health begins to regenerate after a short period without taking damage or firing instead of healthpacks, and you can ride horses.

You might like it.

Very highly doubt it. Chronos is decent on ruckus anyways though.

Better maps, not just chokes, much more mobile champions and overall better gameplay. More bugs and shittier audio visuals however.

I want to have a loving relationship with Kinessa!

no

Pretty much everything except both being hero-based FPS.
Just don't forget to disable Auto-Purchase items in gameplay options!

Just started playing recently. Why are support characters the most fun to play and why do flank players always suck?

I hope you are a bit titted redhead archer.

because they can go fast and people find that fun

grind for gameplay altering stuff
More bugs