This 200 PS engine loves to be revved. With a high redline, a flat torque curve and 100 PS per litre...

>This 200 PS engine loves to be revved. With a high redline, a flat torque curve and 100 PS per litre, you’ll be sure there’s plenty of power no matter what RPM you’re at.

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

subaru.com.mt/13brz_technology.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

subaru.com.mt/13brz_technology.html

>flat torque curve

>I posted it again!

>flat torque curve

Is this for emissions reasons, or is Subaru just shit at tuning? I suspect the former since they can only get 310hp out of their 2.5L engine.

That's because the 2.5L EJ was an abomination that they made only for the USDM market.

Supposedly Toyota re-tuned the engine to eliminate the torque dip in the new GT86.

Would you like this engine if it revved to 8k? I think I would

I think you'd still make a thread to bitch about it

Hey relax dude. Take a big breath, I'm not op

Yeah I would.

They reduced it, but didn't eliminate it. Headers and a tune can fix it though, so my guess is it's emissions related.

It is slower than a Veloster.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbGdkyrAis

>gook trash

try again

> D-dragonchan Dildo-san!!!!!

>8k
the S2k revved to 9k. Make this hit 10k and it might stand out a bit.

>current brz 100hp/l
>2005 k5 gsxr1000 187hp/l
Stay cucked

>PS

What?

7.5k redline is meh gotta be 8k+ to be high
That torque curve is shit and so is the 100hp per liter older engines like the f20c, s54, etc. have better hp per liter

At least with the BRZ/GT86 driftfags stopped ruining and smashing good old cars

Torque is literally the only actual measurement of power, horsepower was invented to make torqueless Asian shit engines not look so shit. What is an engines job? To produce energy to spin a crankshaft. What is a crankshaft's job? To spin a drive shaft. What is a drive shaft's job? To spin the wheels. What is the wheel's job? To make the car move. Torque is a measurement of spinning power, horsepower might as well be called horseshit because it's just "applied torque".

Driftfags can only afford old shitboxes

>BRZ/86
>7400 RPM redline
>Mustang GT
>7500 RPM redline
Defend this

People are actually this fucking stupid

Protip: horsepower is a measure of work done
You can apply 50lbft to a bolt but it's not going to fucking move is it dumb cunt

The mustang is a muscle car in appearance only.

I'm mostly just impressed the Mustang has such a high RPM. Nice job ferd.

Still an obese landbarge, tho.

>it's just "applied torque".
That happens to be what matters.

The engine design is stable up to 8400 RPM supposedly. Hopefully we'll FRPP will make some tunes that bring it to 8k. It'll be like having a pair of S2000 engines stroked and joined at the crank.

>Defend this
Ford had to do a refresh to perk up sales.

Why does Veeky Forums obsess over making bait threads of this car? I understand shitposting but can't we keep it to one thread instead of having multiple ones?

The United States Domestic Market market?

shut up and gimme your personal identification number number so i can steal your money from the automated teller machine machine

Aren't the new Mustangs DOHC now?

the toyobaru is the proof that hp/l is completely useless.

Only to morons like you, if you'd like more power get an ecoboost mustang or 370z at the cost of being heavier

I dont care about the lack of power I might even buy one if the ND dont depreciate.
I am tired that moron ignore power curve and weight.

>DOHC
>still just barely keeping up with ancient cam-in-block pushrod LS
is Ford just strategically holding back the coyote to prolong it's product life or something? wy hasn't it BTFO the LS?

Yes.

And made 0 torque. They revised the engine to 2.2 liters and 8k redline and it's considered better.

Mustangs have been DOHC for nearly 20 years

Because that car costs like what, 30k? Then you would need to do at least an LS1 swap for 8k more.
Too much money, you could just buy another good handling/low power car like the FC and do an ls1 swap for 13k total probably, and have a lot more fun.

Yeah totally OP. It's got a torque curve flat enough it gets its ass handed to it by a minivan.

I believe they could crank out a hell of a lot more power out of the Coyote, but I think they don't want the GT to get close to or surpass the 5.2 Voodoo in terms of performance.

PferdeStärke.

It's good enough to run rings round a $100,000 "supercar slayer"

Hence this

>a flat torque curve
Its not flat at all

>Is this for emissions reasons, or is Subaru just shit at tuning?
The brz uses the same fucking engine as the wrx I don't see how it could be an emissions issue when you have literally the same engine with a turbo in another car rl

>Torque is literally the only actual measurement of power, horsepower was invented to make torqueless
No are you fucking stupid

>Plenty of power
With decent wheels and tires, it needs more power.

>Torque is a measurement of spinning power
Its not power. Torque is rotational force

Power is a function of work and force

>Torque is a measurement of spinning power
Wew lad. Buy a tractor if you want torque, I'll stick to my high revving high horsepower car.

An S2k is also $10k less than a GT86, and that's for an AP2.

>plenty of power
For your average yurocuck who's never driven anything beyond a 60hp cuckbox maybe.

New? 5 year unlimited mileage warranty? Calculating for inflation they were 37% more expensive when new and only came with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.

Don't even bother, he's comparing new vs used prices.

Yeah, and shit doesn't go wrong when you start making real power in the S. The 86 will also lose a lot of value in depreciation.

Care to guess what the 9th slowest depreciating new car is? We have finally found something the GT86 is actually slow at.

>Care to guess what the 9th slowest depreciating new car is? We have finally found something the GT86 is actually slow at.
That doesn't make sense at all. It's actually slow at a lot of things, I'd know, I own one. Were you trying to say there's something it's fast at, meaning depreciation? I'd be equally surprised if it really was 9th slowest at depreciating or 9th fastest, looking at our used market, it's completely average, maybe it holds value a tad bit better than other cars in that price range.

That said, I'm very curious to see the complete ranking.

Nah brah, it's all about the power/weight ratio.

HPI say the GT86 is the 9th slowest depreciating car on sale today (well they said it in Feb of this year but I can't see why that prediction would have changed), No. 8 is the 370Z and 10 is the Forester.

>The brz uses the same fucking engine as the wrx
Except it doesnt

>100 PS per litre
ORBIT!

>those fucking dips

JUST

Not with those cam profiles. 8k would only be useful for avoid an upshift before a corner.

What's with the high revving thing? I always see 86's and honda's shifting 2 or 3 times to get across an intersection and shake my head. Meanwhile I'm still in first because I have torque and long gears. Is taking your engine up to the point of borderline throwing a rod really fun? I can see if you're making 600hp all motor but you shouldn't need to rev to 9000rpm to get 200hp out of an engine.

You aren't going to throw a rod if you cross 3k, grandpa.

I honestly can't believe there's people who like cars and driving g but don't want to rev the shit out of their cars. It's fucking fun m8
Also 2nd is pretty long in these cars.

You have no idea how to blip the throttle do you?

I love going fast and driving hard but you shouldn't need 9000rpm to achieve that. That just attracts attention and makes you look like a ricer. Why rev to 9000 when you can make the same power at 4000 and have more torque?

>need

there's that word again.

they're trying to extract more naturally aspirated power out of a small engine to save weight, and the only way they can do that is to increase the revs

the 86 sucks though because it still ways too much

What does throttle blipping have to do with upshifting and accelerating?

I'm not advocating putting diesels in cars. I'm fine with a big pushrod V8 revving to 9000rpm but needing 9000rpm to make 200hp is just retarded these days. Just use a turbo. Give up your "high revving vtak yo" memes, They're not coming back.

If it actually had some torque it wouldn't be so bad. 200 HP and 200 Torks would be a great car.

Why wouldn't you want low end torque and HP like that you don't have to Rev high and still go as fast/faster than the guy revving to 8k

Who called the Model S a "supercar slayer"?

Is this an "86 bad" post or is it "Mustang good"? Our first batch of RHD converted V8s sold out almost overnight.

Probably Musk himself. Just like he called a bunch of Mercedes and Volvo sensors cobbled together "autopilot".

actually you can pick up a used BR-Z with low mileage for $20k these days, while low mileage ap2's go for $25k+

"metric" horsepower. PS stands for Pferde Starke, which is German for horse power. 1hp is about 1.01PS, so it's a bullshit marketing trick to say you make 1% more horsepower than you actually do.