/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

maybe a break is what we needed edition

Do not buy the starter edition
>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Casual changed back to normal:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1654519-Regarding-the-recent-Casual-matchmaking-changes-and-Casual-queue-times
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

previous dumpster fire:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NKMk8IpcV8
youtube.com/watch?v=TLs4MGTTXRU
youtube.com/watch?v=d0ddzLilup4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poland did not deserve this fate

First for THUNKing in Frost's warm womb

1st for merci docteur you bloody cunt give back operation

>maybe a break is what we needed edition

>being this shit a project management you announce this two weeks before your deadline

holy fuck

PRESS F

i want frost to do a mating press on me

>Comparing CoD maps to Siege's
Come on, m8. The CoD devs have made it a point to make 3 lane maps. Siege maps are non-linear and they have much more shit to worry about like instakill spawn peeks

>ubisoft higher ups give the rainbow six guys a limited amount of resources for each season
>decide to shift focus of one season onto fixing the game in its current state instead of adding new shit
>people get assblasted
if you're going to be mad that's fine, but don't blame the dev team, blame the higher ups at ubi.

10th for sakuya

>trigger discipline
Alright, that picture is pretty good

desu i could use a break from r6s
and if everything is fixed when i come back then even better

>They have much more shit to worry about like instakill spawn peeks
Man, they've done such a great job on that am I right?

Poland is not yet lost

you gromfags are pathetic, poland looks so similar to every other euro country anyway there is literally no polish specific map they can add. the country has nothing unique about it and any map made specifically for poland could've just as easily been put into sweden or norway and nobody would've noticed.

Another day another ban evasion, huh, punk?

hello ubi

they will be coming to ubisoft hq with a present

reminder

>implying japan, hong kong, and korea aren't all the same

>paul blart security guards got in before forsvarets spesialkommando
Norway's a pretty cool guy and yet the subhumans of the subhumans, the gopniks of gopniks, the cockroaches of whites, fucking POLAND gets in

im not banned senpai

>ash and mira fighting
maybe im not getting it entirely, but wouldnt mira and twitch make more sense?

>mfw not avatarfagging and always stop when called on it because of the spooky hotpocket squad
Aren't I le clever man?

Not him, but honestly I think you should be.
I just wanted to get that off my chest, toodles.

its cannon that mira and ash have beef

Heres the thing Im more concerned about.

ARE WE GETTING POLAND SKINS?

*canon lol

of course goy

honestly I'm 100% okay with one whole season being used for doing fixes

>actually believing ubisoft is going to fix anything
pffthahahaha

I get that people are talking about stuff like "broken promises" or shit project management, both of which are probably true, but to be honest I wasn't using GEO anyways. Just playing the game. Probably will continue to do so.

This is what old /r6g/ said in the past and wanted. Too bad nu /r6g/ doesn't realize that. Sad.

F
youtube.com/watch?v=5NKMk8IpcV8

does it bother you that i can use images whenever i want?

they wont fix anything, thats what you retarded apologists dont get.

you do not need a whole season to fix these problems. you can release your content as planned with the bug fixes if your company is correctly managed.

because they are not correctly managed, they wont release the new content on time and they will also fail to fix anything.

new /r6g/ also wants instant detection for runners.

*IF* they actually fix anything
if they like fix the server and hit reg issues id be happy

F
youtube.com/watch?v=TLs4MGTTXRU

haha no bro :)

I love this game and I know these fixes will be good for the game in the long run but the loss and delay of stuff makes me depressed. It's what the other anons say, if they had announced this stuff earlier I would of been let down easier. Here is to hoping they fix stuff. I might just take a break. Hop in every once in awhile to do the challenges for skin/charm unlocks.

What do you hope they will fix in these 3 months?

Hit Reg
Destruction/Debris/Smoke/Body Server Sided
Increased Tick Rate
Hit Boxes
Lighting
Peek Advantage

I was actually thinking of śpij kolego in my head
youtube.com/watch?v=d0ddzLilup4

>whole season of fixes that'll bring even more devastating bugs

;)

You don't need a whole 3 months to dedicate to fixing bugs, you fix bugs 24/7 even when you have a new project deadline to meet.

Literally nobody in the history of software development has dedicated their business for a period of time to "fixing bugs" in their product. That's a given. They truly think we're retarded and they're right.

Ubisoft ships games with enough bugs to warrant this.

all of those

Honestly, runouts are a very map dependant issue.
Some places, it's easy to see coming, and the attacker's fault for not covering their backs (hereford, for instance).
Other places, there's essentially no counterplay to it, other than praying that you win the sprayfight (oregon).
And in other places still, it is literally the only viable strategy that's available to the defenders (some sites on favela).

so three more months of glaz scope being free chams and blitz still fucked?

>that peek on Favela upstairs of Aunt's Apartment

Are you Hoesof too?

>mfw

Why yes I am

>or that peek from packing window to market roof ramps
>or that peek through murderholes in football wall onto the football court
Or fucking favela in general, basically. That whole map is a pixelshitter's paradise.

They would have to fix all of that, plus desyncing, plus matchmaking errors, plus performance fixes, plus random bugs like "drones can eat C4"

But none of those things will happen, because if they were actually doing any work, the last 3 months would have either gone to bug fixes or new operators, but they were doing neither apparently. "We did nothing over the last 3 months, but we'll definitely do double the work over the next 3 :D"

Hooray more friends!

>>that peek on Favela upstairs of Aunt's Apartment
i love that spot

How does one make more friends by calling them niggers? Asking for a friend?

>people have turned the fact that the dev team is going to focus their time and resources on fixing the game in its current state into a bad thing
jesus christ

So, we're not getting ANY new operators until fucking august?

(you)

I just have no faith that they'll actually manage to fix anything.
If this was going to get done right, it would have gotten done way earlier than a year+ into the game's life cycle.

si
ja
tak
yes
hai
da

>tfw you wouldn't have been as annoyed at this if they announced it a month ago and not the fucking month new ops are due to drop

Seriously what the fuck, they could at least drop them then fucking get on with it

>A minute apart

just be yourself nigger

"the dev team"
How are artists and sound engineers going to fix bugs

>tumblr

checks out

>tfw nothing to look forward to now

T-they can reverse this, r-right?

At the end of the eSports thing, they'll have a supirse in store for us, s-surely? To redeem out trust?

They didn't get lazy, and they actually have the new Ops + Map just waiting to be released, RIGHT?

the better fucking FIX ASH CUNT IM TIRED OF GETTING FUCKING BUMFUCKED BY THAT TINY SPEEDY REDHEADED CUNT

>tfw you kill a spawn peeker and he rages in chat and quits

Yes, but we're getting three (3) operators in August :^)

wait why three? polish plus hong kong is 4 right? RIGHT? I TRUSTET UBI AND BOUGHT A FUCKING SEASON PASS FOR THIS SHIT

You're A faggot

this desu

ESPORTS READY
PLS BUY PROLEAGUE SKINS
PLS BUY YEAR 10 PASS
PLS BUY LEE7 SKINZ

They're splitting up GROM, one in S3, one in S4

It's fucking stupid

Has to be. The bitch is featured and x-rayed in the operation image

Lol I rather have new content that this shit desu

Educate yourself and the read previous thread

>ash has a skeleton inside her
wtf

I thought this year they would have something more substantial to present at E3 now that they know their game isn't dead.

Now I'm not so sure they'll even bring up Siege at all in their lounge event since they'll have nothing to show, and I'm doubting they'll be teasing operators two months before their release.

REMODEL ALL THE FEMALE OPS WHILE YOUR AT IT

it'll be health-y for my weenus, if you know what i mean ;')))

thx mister skeltal

Womb crosssections> X-rays

The fucking hitreg better be fucking spot on after this fucking update I swear to fuck it's so fucking broken and fucking bullshit I fucking hate Ubi and this fucking shit game

im not going to read 750 posts sorry.

I think they're trying their best with the new season, but it can very easily backfire and lose the game a ton of players. If they don't do SOMETHING it'll be very easy for players to get burnt out.

Can't wait for barely anything to be fixed during these next 3 months

How the fuck do I adjust to the tryhard platinum and diamond gameplay that is necessary to have fun in casual now? Fuck me dead I used to be good at this game but I've been pampered by the easy casual matches and now I suck dick.

they'll do the hitbox thing for blitz in a couple weeks and half you nerds will applaud and forgive them like you even give a fuck about playing a meme character or any shield operator for that matter

never let the fact that this game released on december 1st, 2015 slip your mind

>They split up GROM
>They don't fuck with Hong "Literally who with no Siege playerbase" Kong or South Korea
>Out of all three they fuck with Poland

Hahah, oy vey, like pottery

they got rid of the casual ranking system and went back to the old one now

Ubisoft is literally hitler

I'm willing to give them a chance, but if there aren't major fixes done I would rather them start development on a new version of the game with a fully updated engine than trying to support the broken mechanics left-over from poor design.

how can one dev be so fucking incompetent is beyond me

It all makes sense now

>Pros of this move
They finally address something that should have been addressed since before release or very close after release
They make a big update that does not cater to players who play for a couple of days when a new season drops and then leave for months until next one, so it actually caters to players who play this very frequently throughout the year even when updates haven't dropped

>Cons of this move
Holy shit Ubisoft higher ups really hate making money huh, they are STILL not pouring every ounce of resources they can spare into more manpower and funds for Siege's support and development
Holy shit how incompetent can you people be, though
They may simply do jack shit and everything may break again next patch because spaghetti code base
Goddammit why did they have to scrap the Poland map, at the very least a comfy classic-R6 feeling map would've been amazing, but no