/stsg/ - Starsector General

>Previous Thread:

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8a-RC19

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>My game keeps crashing help
Make sure you have Java 7 installed (not Java 8)
??? suggestions

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

>want certain weapon/ship

>suddenly nobody, anywhere, ever has it

BLACKROCK NOW NOW NOW NOW

Post fleets

Just started using mods again but in this update, made a new file and first thing I did was a sensor package mission.

Hold steady boys, 0.8.1 will come out sometime before the heat death of the universe.

Haha user you are so funny.
At last it will come before Bannerlord.

It'll be out before scam shartizen

definitely one of the worst ways to display information I've ever seen

Can you imagine if you had to daytrade with this?

>just lost my 14th Battlegroup Falcon because some 200k bounty fleet decided to spawn on my ass right after dealing with another bounty
>the entire sector decided to have a clearance sale on 14th Dominators
Life isn't fair.

>7 Brilliants, 12 Scintillas, fuck knows how many Lumen and other shitheads.
>150 deployment supply cost.
>500 supply return
So much better than goddamn pirates.

If I edit the settings file (things like max lvl, max pirate fleets present) does it hurt my save?

Also, does anyone know how the bounty settings work? For example, if I increase the value per level, does it also increase the size of the enemy fleet?

1st run ever, no mods, reporting in:

Heron

not until alex-sama releases

Talos eat through your crew user. I'd use something else, like Broadsword/Dagger duos.

Anybody? I'd rather not just add levels if possible.

how do I disable ecm

You take zero losses with talons if you have the relevant skills plus recovery shuttles.

I dunno, but it will be fucking great some type of respec indeed. like paying a fee for every reroll on a station or something if you have the standings with the faction

Or just give fleet to your daughter.

Is it really that big of a deal? I've never had ECM work against me. There's pretty much no vanilla ship that has ECM mods in most fleets

It works against me a lot, some NPCs just tend to have it and I need my weapon range otherwise even frigates just sit outside my weapon range and pick on me.

Does having more heavy machinery in your inventory return more loot post-battle? I'm noticing a lot more even from small engagements from just having 70 HM instead of 30~

How to change Mora to accommodate path?

>damaged flight decks because pilots don't expect to need to land again

Overdive instead of Damper field?
Switch medium missiles to medium ballistic and add Accelerated Ammo feeder?

Overdrive or burn drive would probably be solid. Maybe swap the medium missiles to ballistic, but AA feeder too stronk with all the light mounts. You could turn it into a hell of a (relatively) glass cannon with no PD and lots of guns while just using the fighters to screen.

Safety overdrives or not?

>just bought a Onslaught
ok let me check the other independent military market...

>buy a Paragon
sheeeit and I dont know how to fit any of them :-DDDxdD

>hurr I use fighters lol

What does "outer reaches" mean? i have to go to the edge of the map or something like that?

Its user portrait pack or messy one>?
Pathers for life.
8 yl(or whatever unit is used in system)

deffo, that's a standard on lud ships

it means never take a mission like that again. it can be ANYWHERE!

and it happens to me with a "its at the core of the system" and I checked like 20x20 squares mid center of the system and nothing.

so again, check missions/bounties like that, to specific places/planets/gates

i have both

Do you know how I can switch turret type in skins?
I can remove them but how to change them?

Not sure about actual mechanical stuff like that, sadly. I burned out almost instantly when trying to make a Nanotrasen mod myself back in .7

>tfw no drive or dedication enough to make dreams reality

No fighters, that's heathen technology. Turn the Mora into a brute force battering ram. Drive that Path philosophy right into the enemy bridge.

>Talons
Not perfect for blasting heathens and heretics and shortcut to paradise.
Its like you do not even jihad.

Heh

I'm fiddling with a bunch of art to make portraits for personal use.

Would anyone be interested in a portrait mod that mainly focused on spacefaring aliens?

heresy

and also heresy

Of course not.
Why you care. Just do it and post of forum.
i am sure some xeno loving xeno dick suckers will love it.

Does anyone know how the Pandemonium's Flicker Core is supposed to work? I can't get the timing or the procedure for the blindside jump right, and half the time I end up jumping into the line of fire even though I'm trying to get on their flank. Does the ship have to be pointed in the direction and you have to move in that direction with a target lock, or is it just a matter of distance?

its the same as phase skimmer, it moves you in a fixed distance based on what direction your ship is moving in, and faces your current target

Thats one savage tanker captain

>tfw marines are worthless
>tfw you can't stuff 100s of marines on an innocent tanker just to crash into a cruiser and board it violently

The thing is I get these weird bursts where sometimes if my mouse cursor is facing the side of an enemy and the Pandy is close enough, she'll jump perpendicular to them. Is that just because the Pandy is so large that if she did a normal front jump she'd be inside the enemy so they just plopped her to the side instead?

wait a second, is the harbinger a fucking meme?

Load it up with reapers and see if its a meme then

Does anyone have the link to the playable diable avionics wanzer mod that got linked here a while ago?

>Path Mora gets burn drive
>equip short ranged weapons
>has some special mod for collision damage

MORA BOMB

MORA KAMIKAZE PLEASE MOD THIS IN I NEED THIS

WHEN THE SHIP HITS YOUR GUY AND YOUR ASTRAL CAN'T FLY
THAT'S A MORA

well, ofc thats my idea typhons x3 or harpoon mrm x3 but the -50% cr make it look pretty bad in mid/large fleets

the medusa can burst pretty well and its still amazing in non small fleets

*uncloack behind you*

I am not happy with this.
It lacks very important things.
Guess what?

sparks

>Mora chain reaction
>All of them explode and deal aoe damage equivalent to the number of Moras around.
>You see nothing but flashing white
>There's nothing left
The only true Path

>No kamikaze fighters
Do you even crusade.

NO SHIELDS
BURN DRIVE
MOD THAT INCREASES HULL DAMAGE FROM IMPACTS

Well they get torpedoes and anything else is over my capacity to mod stuff.

>compromised armor

worthless now

FIXED.

Apogee or Aurora

Apogee is bae

Aurora

Dominator.

BTW Apogee with ballistic mounts?
Y/N?

How about giving it that 40% extra hull capacity mod or some armor shit and make it like a budget onslaught with great hull but shit armor
better have a yellow paintjob or some shit

I think I can buy both

How about now?

remove fighter bays

take out fighter bays for med/large ballistic or missile

reeeeee, I never have such good luck in tri-jew black markets

Ideally the LP Mora sprite would have those fighter bay decks covered up with make-shift hull/armor for a ramming face and maybe a large mount with limited angle.

I am asking is this is OK carrier for a Path.
I can get out one of the bay and add some guns but Path still need mother base carrier.
And they ill get one.

But Idea of giving them Mora like capital ship is interesting.
I will think about it.
>making medium slots large and faced forward
>more torpedo slots(inbuilt expanded missile racks)
>more small ballistic slots
>no fighter bays(or leave one with talons to serve as PD)

I think the best ship that would be in line with Ludd's teachings would be a carrier fitted to house missile bays instead of fighters, as the technology to use fighter IPC chips is blasphemous heathen work.

>Luddic Path Capital

lots of missiles to which you can just overwhelm enemies with

>It's a Pirate Enforcer
>It's a pair of Phaeton Tankers.
>They're attacking a Pandemonium head on
Why Pirates. Just why.

Something like the pirate modded Mimir from Shadowyards?

dynasector had the LP boss bounty that had the safety overridden onslaught. pretty cool ship, if a bit of a meme.

Testing, I sorta bumbled my way into getting the texture on my ship the way I want it to look but I'm abit stuck on getting the armor belt (dark blue bits) to look like the Medusa's. Also, do you think there's way too many details? I'm not really satisfied with how crowded the middle of the ship is.

Yeah this doesn't work. The ship can be moving straight but sometimes it'll track some other vector. Because the Pandemonium is so large, you can't tell what vector it's actually moving at, so even if the ship is turned it can actually still be moving straight despite facing left or right

not that user, but your ship looks compressed on the x axis

What should I put in the large missile slot of an AI conquest?

Is there a good anime portrait pack up for download anywhere?

Did I do good?
MIRVS

Was aiming for a skimmer design and a heavier destroyer profile, like an upscaled Sunder that can be tooled to PD role. I replied to the other post by accident. Here's a better comparison to the class I'm aiming for.

AI just seems to waste them all at the start of the fight when PD and fighters are everywhere.

What do you mean good?
There is messy in this thread.
user in the old ones.
There are also Power Dolls and LoGH on forum plus Front Mission one.

Something with cute girls.

That is an improvement, but I do prefer girls over hags.

There were loli pack check older threads. But I am not sure if it was uploaded.

How do I Onslaught?

Passable?

Pack it with Long range guns and Rockets and just let it lay down fire while you support.

i'm all about this
maybe remove the sensors/surveying hullmods and replace it with like
expanded magazines and blast doors or something, give it a real overhaul

But its just hegemony and maybe independent version of surveying cruiser.

nothing but short-range ballistics and missiles and burn drive into the middle of battle and ram the fuck out of little baby ships

The classic bully Onslaught

IF YOU WANT A SNIPER SHIP PLAY BABY SCYANS

REAL MEN BULLY

Also I managed to pick up a few Calms in the black markets and holy shit these things wreck low-tech face. Turns out if your shield is shit and your PD is crap you get blown the fuck out by harpoons and thunderbolts

>a well piloted full fleet of Medusas can kill any fleet

yes or no