The average car journey only carries 1.2 people

>the average car journey only carries 1.2 people
>in other words, for every 5 cars you get 1 passenger

What's your excuse for not getting a motorcycle or scooter? You can pick up early 00s/late 90s jap bikes for ridiculously cheap, they sip gas and very cheap to insure.

There is literally no excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812148
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What's your excuse for not getting a motorcycle or scooter?
I don't want to die at 20.

But I do!

Looking around for more of a vintage early 1900s bike I can build a modern set up in to

DD'd a motorcycle for 2 years.

Ultimately got fucked by other people or potholes with lucky accidents until i finally got one that destroyed my motorcycle in the middle of fucking nowhere and broke both my hands.

Do you know how retarded it is to just fall off your vehicle from a pothole in a corner and break both your hands so you can't do anything for half a month and you have wires drilled into your bones so you can restore 90% of functionality in your hands

Just so some fag can't bitch at you for carrying 1-3 extra seats and 2 extra wheels? Not worth it.

sounds like you weren't wearing gloves.

you're looking for a moped

>potholes
sounds like you are shit at riding

This.

Ride to the fucking conditions. If the road is full of potholes then slow the fuck down.

Wat are you gay or something lol

Where I live, there's
>fuckload of rain in summer
>fuckload of ice in winter
>fuckload of potholes
>fuckload of hills
fuck outta here. Love my bike tho.

>weak bones
>cheap gloves if any at all
>lolnoskill
Sounds like you're the problem, kiddo

PA?

I carry things.

Death, mostly. Lost a good friend, old boss and childhood influence a few weeks ago. Was on a group ride with a bunch of people when a car crossed the line and side-swiped him. Died at the scene.

I have a bike
It's pretty much just for fun since fuel/ insurance/ maintenance/ Tax isn't cheaper than on my car (probably even higher).
Filtering isn't allowed so I'm just sitting there like a small car taking up space on the road.
It's an expensive hobby, for the same money I could've gotten a 5k€ rwd car and some sets of tires to hoon around on

Fucking bitch sob story excuse.

Completely shitty troll post. Fucking asshole never had anyone. Close to him die horribly so he thinks it's a fun topic and troll worthy. Never had to live without a parent or a sibling or a child die from a bike accident.

Funny enough, I just rode my bike nine hours down to work. Weather was gorgeous and can fit everything i need in myTbag

Eat shit. Nobody should feel sorry for fabricated sob stories trying to make up excuses about riding motorcycles. Especially from someone who puts a trip on to get attention on an anonymous website. Just say the truth, you're scared of them. Hell, if you posted with no name or trip people couldn't even call you out on it later.
>wah my grandpa died of old age, why is the progression of time so dangerous
>oh no terrorists crashed a plane into the World Trade Center, I'll never enter a building again in my life
Stop making excuses like a bitch and be honest.

i like living

i would but the licensing process in british columbia is a pain in the ass and im lazy.
also driving tests give me anxiety

Shame you'll die anyway

What are you talking about? The skills test (1 month from knowledge test) is pretty universal and you can ride a Huyabusa solo if you want after that if you like

crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812148
> In 2013, there were 4,399 motorcycle riders killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Of those, 1,232 (28%) were alcohol-impaired (BAC of .08 or higher).
> the overall rate of DOT-compliant motorcycle helmet use in the United States was 60 percent in 2013
>In addition, there were 305 (7%) fatally injured motorcycle riders who had lower alcohol levels (BACs of .01 to .07)
> motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes had higher percentages of alcohol impairment than any other type of motor vehicle driver (23% for passenger car drivers)

Soooo.... don't drink n drive.
Thats easy because I'm a functioning adult and not a nigger

i have a class 7N
im 23 i just havent booked my class 5 yet because icbc gives me the heeby jeebiez
the requirements for me are arduous

LOL at some of these excuses. "I don't want to die" You can die by slipping in your damn tub when youre showering.

You won't just die for throwing a leg over a bike. Don't get a a bike out of your skill set, practice at it and git gud. You'll be fine.

No one cares.

Literally a had to lay er down story.

I drive a 1100kg coupe. That's as close as I want to get.

I see what happens to motorcyclists at work, it's definitely not pretty when a guy comes in with half his skin replaced with asphalt because an SUV didn't check it's blind spot

Wear good gear + dont be bad at riding

Cos not everyone wants a fucking motorbike.

/thread

What, then, do you think of a man who owns two motorcycles, two cars, and a pickup truck?

AND THEY'RE ALL SHITBOXES! HAHAHAHA

Because weather exists

I was wearing $200 thick gloves made out of leather and titanium. My fingers broke because I flew off the bike at 60mph and broke the fall with my hands. I had plenty of gear.

I had almost no road rash or injuries, but breaking the impact with your hands means your hands are broken almost no matter what.

>I flew off the bike at 60mph
>Because of a pothole
Are you sure you didnt highside trying to be a street Rossi?

But I do have a motorcycle.

It goes fast and its whoolies are known to be "dank."

I have a car and a bike. Not a richfag by any means - 2004 Mini convertible (inherited from my folks) and a 2007 Yamaha FZ600.

The bike is great for commuting in summer as it makes it a blast, as well as for general A-B travel when luggage isn't a consideration, but winter SUCKS here in bongland. The salt they put on the road corrodes the shit out of bikes. So two excuses for using my car on occasion.

1: I can carry more than just a light rucksack - we don't all have adventure bikes strapped to the nines with panniers/top cases/fuckhuge tank bags. If I need to go get anything bigger than a few days worth of clothes from A to B, I'm taking my car.

2: Winter kills bikes here. Also bitterly cold and unforgiving conditions on the roads. I consider myself a pretty good rider who can assess conditions well, but some days in winter are outright suicide on two wheels, be it gale force winds, pouring rain, ice, or a combination there of, all the while salt literally devours my downpipes

No. I rode for 18 hours to lose my virginity then I got fucked because too many beetles and bees splattered on my visor and I had nothing to clean it with, the road I was on had "motorcyclists exhibit extreme caution" signs every mile because all the pavement was dug up for repaving and I was driving on gravel with holes everywhere for an hour.

>I rode for 18 hours to lose my virginity then I got fucked

>I'm so good at riding I can influence other driver's action lol

Admit some shit is just out of your control, user. If a car wants to murder you, no amount of 360noscope riding skills or gear will prevent that from happening.

>not carrying a bag full of cleaning supplies and tools with you for just such occasion
>Not at least wearing clear ballistic glasses for when the visor gets scuffed

Boy...

I had a single backpack, i can't carry cleaning supplies when it's full with a single change of clothes, a second helmet and other basics. It didn't matter anyways because the forest I was driving through would completely cover my visor with bug splatters after 5min of riding. I was using my drinking water to clear it but it was unsafe to pull over and clean it in the dark with almost no shoulder to pull over.

I know I'll be alone forever so to build credit got my first new bike and supposed to 65 mpg but seems more like 50

90's bikes don't exist. They've all been wrecked.

If I wanted to die I'd shoot myself.

I need to carry 500kg of tools

shitty license restrictions in the EU. I could do my CBT but that'd only let me ride a 125 with L plates, and I'm not going to do my test now just to be limited to 500cc and have to pay to do my test again in 3 years.