teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

tf2r.com/k6yirh7.html
tf2r.com/fuckyou.html
tf2r.com/kfuckyou.html
youtube.com/watch?v=niAu2tXRMZ8
tf2r.com/kjxpvql.html
tf2r.com/k517qzk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tf2r.com/k6yirh7.html

i hate myself for knowing who that is

What did Medli ever do to you?

Post masked men.

Attendant set sucked and now it sucks more, prove me wrong.

Only thing I like is the Power jerk, the rest can go suck an egg.

>tfw no one found the raffle I posted in the previous thread

Ah, here it is tf2r.com/fuckyou.html

Raffle links always start with a K

:y

Ahh my mistake, here.

tf2r.com/kfuckyou.html

I saw it, but I couldn't be assed to type it out then and forgot about it.

ITT: People with 2 hours on demo try to argue that every grenade launcher is the same

except 1:06 is ALSO top view, so if you disregard my point you also disregard your own point

yes i play demo, and i hit consistent shots with both the grenade launcher and the iron bomber, otherwise i wouldnt be talking about this in the first place
i think that people who say aiming with the iron bomber is easier are under a placebo effect and they aim better because they believe their gun is more accurate
the rotation of the projectile hardly matters, you could see the pill spinning in the video slowly and its still flying straight

That's too many letters.

I'm honestly not sure if that guy isn't baiting. Iron Bomber is a straight upgrade. Rollers are a crutch for retards who can't aim pipes.

Dude all can we drop it and just admit you're wrong?

this isnt an isometric side view, its a 3d side view
you cant compare them because it gives a distorted view
its like comparing graphs which were printed with a faulty printer
>you are wrong xd
epic
this is who im arguing with?

Honestly I just jumped in and am now just arguing the toss.

guys stop arguing :(

it doesnt matter if you started it or just jumped in
if your argument is "stop arguing" then you lost

my argument is iron bomber doesnt make aiming easier, it only gives you more predictable rollers which you can use better, and thats why everyone is using it
the reason im arguing against it is because from personal experience and from video evidence, i didnt see a single difference between one being more accurate over the other
even if it was more accurate, it would hardly matter
the sniper rifle is the most accurate weapon in the game and its still difficult to utilize

I need to think of a better paint for the warmer, but I'm not a huge fan of it unpainted with this particular loadout.
Might just get another team colored paint to match my other one.
I like comfy pyro though.

heal me

>Been getting back into TF2
>Healing a guy in the front lines
>Sniper calls for medic in the back lines
>Remember a trick I learned on Youtube
>Switch to Crusader's Crossbow to just quickly top him off
>Doesn't heal on the first shot
>Shoot him a second time
>Was a spy all along

It's an incredible spycheck tool, that's for sure

>see medic
>hes fucking around with a heavy
>i want him to heal me so i start whacking him with a pan
>he was a spy

i chuckled

I didn't read most of the argument, but isn't this about projectile deviation and not the arch itself?

then whats this??????

The fact that he called for medic a second time instead of just relocating was weird. I was also the only medic on the team I guess.

What a retarded spy, holy shit.

>trying to blend in with the enemy as a spy
rookie mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=niAu2tXRMZ8

Who is that, Robot Wick?

what are the sounds that you can hear even on valve servers if you replace with mods besides the machine doublekill sound and default hitsound

>playing badwater

ultra freaking lol

>machine doublekill
what

its funny that it took this long for TF2 to make silly remakes of official maps
Counter-strike 1.6 have remakes of cs_assault and de_dust 2 for so long, but those were actually kinda decent
now its just ctf_turrrrrrrrbine and highertower. both extremelly shit after 3 minutes when the novelty wears off

machina

noob

badwater, swiftwater and borneo are the only payload maps worth playing

2bine is kinda silly
and i like it

probably the best meme map so far

2bine is actually decent for a dm map even if it has the random aspect

2bine doesnt have the deathmatchy mid like turbine does, which is half the reason turbine is so popular

man, even this skilled professional sniper has to team up with shitters because mm forces him
what a shit system

t. lmaobox user

>this is the kind of shit that most players immediately think of when they hear "community server" instead of tight-knit groups of friends hanging out with each other every day and shooting the shit, hackers actually being dealt with by admins, frequently updated rotations of stock + (real) custom maps, etc.

Where did it all go so wrong?

uber update desu

ctf_turbine_pro is the real patrician's choice
comp players make everything better

Best option is putting game in a "dullstate period" when teams are uneven; removing team restriction of kickvote, cutting the xp gain if map is finished and scrambles teams evenly next round.
When dullstate period is finally over (give it 3-5 minutes) and no new or volunteered players found I suggest forcing one of the "first two" players of high population (probably securing their hacker) team to low player count team (because they left at the presence of a hacker).
So, if a team refuses to kick a hacker, they'll be trouble for both sides. I didn't think throughly about details and how xp gain would affect from it, yet this is the best treatment I can think so far.

That's not bad. They could also just fucking improve their security.

>the rotation of the projectile hardly matters, you could see the pill spinning in the video slowly and its still flying straight

>source engine simulates drag and air resistance
if you play demo you should know this

i know you can hear custom killstreak notifications

can't wait for valve to blogpost about the pyro update saying they fixed a bug they should've fixed 19 years ago and gave pyro more crits for existing and new annoying mechanics, plus some cosmetics that skullfucks whatever is left of artstyle's rotten corpse
and that's not the best part, the best part is 99.6% of the dumb fucks known as the community will go saying and praising "OMG THEY FIXED EVERYTHING WTF I LOVE VALVE NOW I LOVE JILL SO MUCH I WILL REWATCH MLP FOR 5 YEARS STR8 FOR XER THANK YOU VALVE I ALMOST AN HEROED U SAVED ME PRAISE LORD GABEN DANK MEMES"

sorry about the autistic rant but its just too annoying, this shit happened way too many times and I just know it will happen again

Improving security means uh...
To keep hold of what sort of DNS (cheating software in this example) player connects at background to while playing the game requires watching players, that may conflict with "privacy".
Making a white-blacklist of things running at background which can be easily solved by changing md5 hashes of cheating software.
An ingame built report system with player review would do nothing about preventing them from cheating at another account. And let's not lie here, TF2 is not an e-sport like CS:GO.
A built-in response system would kick or ban good players or even high sensitivity players caught by the radar.
Paying anti-malware developer companies to watch it for them means money, because there are more than one computer security company.

Best option they have is improving kickvote system and doing this banwave shit monthly.

You can at least expect a new Pyro melee, the Axe, the Shovel and the Saw are THE weapons which are decidedly worse in vanilla, but instead of buffing the axe they showered pyro with melees.

Oh, I was going to repost that, thanks.

build in SMAC to volvo servers
make it a default on option for server owners

bam big vac wave

tf2r.com/kjxpvql.html
tf2r.com/k517qzk.html

Post big guys for you.

>is shown solid video evidence
>completely disregards it and believes 2 lines written on a community wiki
dumb animeposters

sv_pure: Only allow client to use certain files.

-1 - Do not apply any rules or restrict which files the client may load.
0 - Apply rules in cfg/pure_server_minimal.txt only.
1 - Apply rules in cfg/pure_server_full.txt and then cfg/pure_server_whitelist.txt.
2 - Apply rules in cfg/pure_server_full.txt.

See cfg/pure_server_whitelist_example.txt for more details.

The server is using sv_pure 1. (Custom pure server rules.)
sound\... trusted_source
models\... trusted_source
materials\... trusted_source
particles\... trusted_source
scripts\game_sounds.txt trusted_source
scripts\game_sounds_manifest.txt trusted_source
scripts\game_sounds_player.txt trusted_source
scripts\game_sounds_vo.txt trusted_source
scripts\game_sounds_vo_handmade.txt trusted_source
scripts\game_sounds_weapons.txt trusted_source
scripts\soundmixers.txt trusted_source
materials\console\... any
materials\temp\... any
materials\vgui\logos\ui\... any
sound\misc\... any
sound\vo\... any
sound\ui\... any
sound\ui\hitsound.wav any
--------------------------------------------------------

If your base sound is in sound\misc\, sound\vo\, or sound\ui\ valvepure will not block it

is it popular in comm servers?

>more consistent for pill jumps due to little variance in movement
>more consistent in flight path due to spherical shape instead of a domed cylindrical
>more consistent in flight due to random rotation of pills having less variance in flight due to spherical shape
>more consistent rollers due to landing angles having less of an affect on a spherical shape

>>>>>>>>placebo
>>the rotation of the projectile hardly matters
>not knowing that source engine simulates drag and air resistance

I want valve to unblock "sound/music".

Why did they blocked sounds anyway?

>footsteps
>decloak
>spycicle stab sound
Oh, you know, no reason at all.

Couldn't they just block those instead of most of it?

you know what I missed, muselks tryhard tuesdays

Those are just good examples.
They could individually update the valvepure system every time they find another sound file that has been exploited to give one player an advantage, or they could just simply lock everything that's outgoing sound.

captcha: dende robb
Yes, they did steal Dende from new Namek

>Dende
you mean little green?

t. randy

>pill jumps

>tfw surf the damage to make my grand escape.

When it works, it works.

God dammit Nappa.

>pill jumping is not a viable strategy

>pill jumps

Daily reminder that the iron bomber is a crutch.

daily reminder your mom needed a crutch after I smashed her pelvis

i prefer 2bine if not only for the new factor atm desu

people use pill jumps to reposition without detting their traps in 6's quite often

post fast boys

Post your main's loadout and your sensitivity
11 inch 360

>he has a main
>he isn't universally competent and skilled
shiggy diggy

Please tell me more stories of the hugbox where you have time to waste like that.

Just post fucking everything.

New Enforcer Stats:
>-10% damage
>Mini crits at close range while disguised
>Disguises are put on twice as fast and without smoke
>50% slower firing speed
These new stats are intended to allow Spy better use of his disguise kit. Along with that, the mini crit and damage changes are intended to allow spies to pick off low health enemies just barely out of stabbing range. The drastically slower firing speed is to prevent abuse of the mini crits and faster disguise time.

New Cleaners Carbine Stats:
>Dealing damage fills charge meter. Secondary fire when charged grants mini-crits for 8 seconds.
>50% more accurate
>-20% clip size
>-25% slower firing speed
>No random critical hits
More accuracy will allow players to hit more people, which helps build meter easier. Along with that, it will will allow players to make better use of the removed fall off damage from the mini crits.

New Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol Stats:
>On Hit: Builds Meter
>Wearer never takes falling damage
>25% slower firing speed
>Wearer has one less air jump
The Pocket Pistol changes are proposed with the Baby Face's Blaster in mind. It gives another way for the Scout to build boost for the gun, and from range as well. The Scout's second jump is removed because of the pistols second synergy, with the Soda Popper. Using the pistol with the Popper will require more reliance on the Hype the pistol will help build, or the self damaging third jump the Atomizer could provide. The loss of the double jump doesn't affect use with the Blaster much due to wanting to avoid boost loss. The fall damage removal is now universal, rather than just when the weapon is out, to compensate for the lack of a second jump.

>pill jumping isnt viable in pubs

nope

what are you talking about

yakui alert

i like to play some classes more than others, and im pretty balanced across all of them skill-wise