Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/5872562/what-makes-a-wagon-a-wagon
lefthandutes.com
youtube.com/watch?v=LZD2pBeXY6Q
lefthandutes.com/about.html)
adac.de/infotestrat/unfall-schaeden-und-panne/pannenstatistik/
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-buick-roadmaster-57l/6229797358.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SUVs are considered trucks, and are held to less stringent taxing and fuel economy standards. Plus, women feel safer when they sit high up.

muh suv

I see lots of luxury wagons in Canada and a few Golf wagons. They're usually driven by old people. Most people hate wagons because of the station wagons they grew up with. They were the equivalent of driving a minivan today.

We had our stint with wagons in the 70s and 80s - they were the "must have" family car.
After their popularity waned, the only people driving them were grandmothers. So the 90s developed the stigma of wagons as an old lady's car.

We have wagons but they're ugly as fuck and people call them crossovers, but c'mon, it's 5 doors on a car frame, it's basically a wagon

Wagons are thinner, longer, and lower than crossovers.

Yeah high and short. How to have useless room

No one said they're good wagons but you can't argue they're not wagons.

jalopnik.com/5872562/what-makes-a-wagon-a-wagon

wagon rulez earth

CAFE and cucks want higher seating position and Americans can afford less efficient vehicles so only companies where the wagon is part of their brand even bother.

Man IDK OP but I would kill for a Commodore SSV Redline Sportwagon to come stateside.

You can buy the Mercedes E63 AMG
606 HP
0-60 in 3.4 seconds

Stronger average personal economies, less taxation and cheap fuel makes it so that "everyone" can afford a big SUV with even more space, higher seating position and
>muh safety

The wagons larger popularity in Europe and Asia comes due to WW2, as the western world outside of the US, eastern Europe and most of Asia were in ruin; both financially and infrastructurally. This meant that new cars had to be cheap to make, and cheap to run. Thus, having two cars share most of their parts made production cheaper and faster. The cars also had to be as small and simple as they could be, and it only made sense to produce a wagon-version of the same car for those who needed the extra space, instead of designing and manufacturing a whole new vehicle

suvs and 4 door pickups exist in America.
station wagons are out of style since before I was born.

Not him but personally wouldn't want to deal with German maintenance especially on AMG cars.

lefthandutes.com
You can have one stateside, just supply your own donor Chevy SS and they'll make you one

Wagons are fucking ugly. Only hipsters and autists like wagons

because theyre ugly as fuck, the only purpose is if you're a surfer

Autist hipster here. I can confirm I like wagons.
One day I'll be able to afford this beauty.

Although I wouldnt buy that I'd appreciate that if I passed it

>implying you'd be able to pass this beast

pls.

Subaru could make shit loads of money

i have a weird fetish for wagons and estates

The Levorg would have been so much better with a manual.

Especially for the sporty trims.

>jalopnik
Opinion discarded.

I was a bit depressed when I found out that they don't sell her here
Guess I'll have to settle for a 4GC as my next car then

Me and my wife want a wagon bad because they're comfy. I don't know enough about cars to get a really nice 80s buick or something so I'm thinking about this beauty

Negative stigma about losers driving station wagons because of Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's Vacation in the 80's

I don't know man.

probably because the cr-v and escape exist. people think the sedan ride height is too low so they don't want a sedan with an ass.

For me, though, they're perfect. Waiting for a 3 or 5 series wagon on CL to come up for sale.

The Sedan segment is shrinking, and I bet that it will eventually shift towards wagons, but that will be another 5 years.

Just ordered this.

Too bad Buick won't market it.

I'd love to see more wagons here but manufacturers look at demographics and see people would rather buy suvs and trucks for their image or what have you. I think estates and tourings and wagons look much much better than the bloated competition if you could even call them that.

Those tires do funny things to me. In such a good way

Anyone know about the 98 Legacy Wagon? I may be buying one off a friend.

Ooh ooh, pick me.

Unless it's sufficiently cheap enough, don't buy it unless he's done the headgaskets already. Otherwise, do it, you won't regret it. Great car, I love mine to death and it's been reliable for me the whole time. Handles great, has a good amount of power for a cheap shitbox, and is set up just right for muh feels too.

Remember the timing belt every 100k, put NGK laser platinum plugs in it, change the oil every 3500, and keep 4 matching tires on it, and it'll be a happy car for years. Lots of cargo room, it's like a TARDIS on the inside. Not a big car but it'll hold a shitton of stuff.

It's literally MORE CARGO SPACE IN A SEDAN WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE
FUCK SEDAN TRUNKS

i wish i had a wagon, they seem comfy as fuck. ill probably settle with a hatchback.

Get a TSX wagon.

Im not sure about the headgaskets exactly but i know they've recently put alot of money into fixing everything up. More so than they are asking for (3k)

>300HP CVT
>140HP 5MT
Pick one.

>250hp 5MT
I pick this one

>The wagons larger popularity in Europe and Asia comes due to WW2
Wagons aren't popular at all in Asia except few countries like Japan, Singapore and Taiwan, since large sedans are considered luxury item to show off their wealth.
youtube.com/watch?v=LZD2pBeXY6Q

The Arms Race to have the biggest, most intimidating, inefficient piece of pig iron in the trailer park, cul-de-sac or ghetto.

I dont like BMWs very much but I would absolutely crucify the resurrected Christ for a decent pic related.

I'm also look for a Magnum. Im trying to find one with a HEMI in it but i haven't found any so far

The most common new wagon in Germany
Skoda Octavia
mostly due to its reliability and value

You can find countless used ones because it's a typical company lease, used by salesmen, technicians who don't need trucks and the like.

the ute/wagon are longer than the SS so are actually based on the frame of the Chevrolet caprice PPV (holden statesman)

That's true for the Ute, but the wagon has the same wheelbase as the sedan and is actually shorter than all sedans by .4". It's still 9 inches shorter overall than a Caprice too.

If you look on their about page (lefthandutes.com/about.html) they're not welding 2 cars together. They take a Ute/Wagon body from Australia (which is legal because you can import a car with no engine as parts) and put all the USDM engine/drivetrain, lights, emissions controls, LHD parts, and firewall into the Australian donor car. It's more of a LHD swap + engine replacement than welding 2 cars together.

How can Skodas be so reliable when the more expensive and more carefully built brothers VW and Audi are far from it.

Skoda cuts corners on superfluous extras and marketing, not quality.

adac.de/infotestrat/unfall-schaeden-und-panne/pannenstatistik/

The reliability statistics for the VW Polo and its clone Skoda Fabia, for instance, are identical.

Because women want to feel """"safe"""" and sit way up high so they can """"see"""" even though their attention is purely in their God damned iPhones instead of paying attention in the first goddamn place and building situational awareness as they drive.

Nice inexpensive wagon here

>tfw no gtr wagon

death of family values and rise of individual nepotism and vanity.

dont tell anyone this, its top secret info, but you can still put kids in the back seat of sedans

not wrong tho, 50 years ago it was common to start a family in your early 20s or even right of highschool, but women had to have muh rightz and men stopped trying. Now millenials don't plan to have kids till their 30s and 40s or not at all and only live for themselves.

>only live for themselves
Maybe because that's all we can afford

/pol/ pls go

because you limped dick faggots would rather play videogames and jack off all day than learn a valuable skill and work your ass off to get a good paying job.

I am working my ass off at a meh job (mechanic, which I would call a valuable skill), the problem is boomers and now gen xers wanting 3-5 years experience for entry level positions, and shit tier pay that doesn't keep up with inflation unless you're a CEO who's allowed to set his own six or seven figure salary to sit on his ass all day for some retarded reason.

Ppl play vidya and best off all day as a reaction to being bamboozled by a world that hates white men. Can't blame them

Nice try, Tony.

People who start their families that early now days end up being poor the rest of their lives

unless you working on railroads or airplanes you just a lazy peice of shit grease monkey.
Because they've been coddled all there lives and buckle under responsibility. also most of them don't have real jobs yet. It used to be by the time you were 21 you had already settled in as an adult and had financial security from years of hard work throughout there teens. Now there are obese 25 year old manchildren who never evened worked a day in the goddamn lives. Your generation makes me fucking sick.

/r/incels get out

Thank boomers for fucking over the economy

Because they're just SUVs that you can't take offroad. They offer no advantage over the SUV and have a major disadvantage.

They were really popular 20+ years ago. Now Crossover SUVs are the popular family car. Similar amount of space, higher ride height which is nice when you have shit knees (like I do), or are putting car seats in and out.

I still have an affection for old Volvo wagons.

yeah, thank us for picking up the slack you limp dick neets let build up

This is quality bait

>It used to be by the time you were 21 you had already settled in as an adult and had financial security from years of hard work throughout there teens.

It used to be you could get a job that could support a family at that age. All that's around for most high school grads without a degree is shit tier retail or food service. Actually decent blue collar jobs are extreme good old boy clubs that you aren't getting into unless you're the nephew or son or something like that of someone already in.

>They offer no advantage over the SUV
Efficiency.

The Feds started giving preferential treatment to SUVs in terms of fuel economy and safety so that Detroit can keep making dosh, and now SUVs are cheaper to make and wagons can't compete against the rigged conditions.

Didn't even know this was a thing, reading about it it looks nice.

>Not available in Canada
FUCK

Wait, they actually make them now? I thought it was still in "we've taken a spyshot of one in camo" phase

The Opel/Vauxhall version has been out for a while already.

Man the SportCross has got to be one of the best looking wagons out there!

It's even on their website now. I might get one... too bad they don't have a manual option. However, the AWD and peppy 2.0t engine should make up for that. I'm sick of the 100hp FWD shitbox life, especially in wintertime.

I think this is the only Buick I find moderately attractive.

Everybody around here drives Outbacks, and drove Legacy wagons before that/

Because wagons are for dykes and men that think talking the wife out of a minivan/crossover for a wagon was some sort of victory

You're everything that's wrong with motoring.

>hurr every single brand, model or style has to be engrained with stereotypes

spotted the wagon cuck

Spotted the millennial meme spouting dimwit.

they're ugly

I honestly feel sorry for you. You care so much about what other people you'll never meet think of you over dumb stereotypes that you're depriving yourself of things you might actually enjoy.

Wagons are a compromise. They don't make sense in a country where you can afford more than one vehicle.

But can you?

Love me a wagon

wagon renaissance is nigh

What about people like me who have 2 cars, need a practical one, but hate how SUVs handle?

What?

No its for when you need something practical but don't need a SUV.

You can still have a second car with a wagon??

does subaru make any kind of wagon in the states anymore?

the outback and forester are more like SUVs now. and the crosstrek isn't much different

Im rly considering going and buying this.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-buick-roadmaster-57l/6229797358.html

Will see if he'll take $1400 cash.

If you bolt the Legacy suspension on the Outback it's closer to a real wagon

Unless things have changed manufacturers in the us are penalized for selling them, since they count as 'cars' for their mileage requirements, but get marginally worse mileage. If they jack the vehicle up slightly, slap on plastic cladding, and call it a crossover suddenly it's a fuel efficient truck!

Just saw this portal axled bitch on the Internet today. It's weird, tacky, unconventional and some could argue pretty ugly. But I want one very much

yes, like the dinosaurs.

This, the laws pretty much made a loophole for anything classified as a truck and so the big three started pumping out SUVs instead of putting money into making more efficient cars.