Any alternatives to tinting your car windows? Any new technology on the market that is legal?

Any alternatives to tinting your car windows? Any new technology on the market that is legal?

Other urls found in this thread:

ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK132
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Replace your interior lights with black lights and coat the inside of your windows with body fluids.

What, do you think you're going to get a $20 spray can from amazon that provides the same effects as a $500 professional tint install? Dumbshit, just get a professional install or don't, and if you don't, stop whining.

Maybe that's why the question was asked! Dumbass.

Genius!

I had a professional install. I got busted with it and now have to take it off, plus pay the fine.

Its illegal and im looking for a presumably more expensive alternative that prevent this mess the next time, not sure where your shit powered brain assumed I was looking for something as autistic as spray paint.

>
>I had a professional install. I got busted with it and now have to take it off, plus pay the fine.
>Its illegal and im looking for a presumably more expensive alternative that prevent this mess the next time, not sure where your shit powered brain assumed I was looking for something as autistic as spray paint.

>Living in California intentionally

BUMP

Land of """freedom"""

I just got 15% done.

Haters gonna hate.

Its in Canada. Even worse.

Seriously is there no alternative? If there was some other legal method, like amalgamated glass you could buy and install, etc,, a person could become filthy rich. Seems like a market thats totally untapped.

>the only way to have privacy in your car is to put sticky cum paper on your window and hope the cops dont find you

>it's illegal to tint your windows in california

Why exactly is it illegal. There's no reason why JDM style rear tints above 5-10% should be illegal.

>Leftists

Need I say more?

Quite unfortunate desu

Sun is just plain bad for cars, why the fuck do they want your private property fucked

Should at the very least allow 50%

Its (((allegedly))) illegal because:
-rescue services cant shatter window
-other drivers cant see your hand signals

Its REALLY illegal because:
Cops cant profile you and be annoying twats who cant mind their own business. They would never admit it though.

I live in Canada. Ontario, specifically. What province makes it illegal?

It's only illegal to tint your front side and windshield. Everything else can be completely black don't matter.

Also OP my brother has had 5% tint all around (except windshield) for 7 years and he's never been pulled over for it (SoCal) do you just drive like shit or what?? I used to roll with illegal tints fr 2 years and never got pulled over either.

They want to be able to see into every vehicle, you're not entitled to privacy or individuality in Canada. The police have a right to know, and dictate, what you do and how you do it 24/7.

All of them.

Iv was busted in Alberta 5 years ago, and in Saskatchewan today.

Ill pay any price to keep my vehicle tinted and also in a state that cops cant ticket. Ill buy custom glass if I have to

It isn't illegal to tint your windows in Ontario, dingus. There's vague wording in the Highway Traffic Act which says you can't apply any film/covering that obscures the view to the inside of the vehicle. It's subjective at best, and has always been left to officer discretion. Generally speaking, you would only get ticketed for tint in Ontario if you were driving like a cunt, or they pulled you over for something ELSE and you gave them a hard time. I know a few officers and they call it the "asshole ticket"; basically, if you mouth off they'll find 10 more things to ticket you for (see: licence plate covers).

I was pulled over for speeding back in March. Cop said I was doing 141 in 100 zone. No ticket for windows.

I'd be surprised if they actually sought out and ticketed people in ALBERTA for something like window tint, considering fucking RADAR DETECTORS are LEGAL in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Yes it is illegal. 70% visibility for front side windows in Ontario.

I run limo tint, not pleb ass shit like you.

70% lol, someone has been spending too much time on shitbrained WRX forums.

Actually READ the Act and you'll have a better understanding of what is and is not legal.

ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK132

>Colour coating obstructing view prohibited

>(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway where the surface of the windshield or of any window of the vehicle has been coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver’s view of the highway or any intersecting highway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (2).

There is absolutely no mention of any percentage. 70% has always been the "absolute safe" rule - in that no cop could reasonably argue a 30% tint would obscure their view into the car. The general test they look for is that they can see a person, and at least make out if they're a man/woman/black/white/longhair/shorthair/glasses. Basic identifying features and shapes, like a weapon.

There is new DIRECTION provided to AUTOMAKERS for vehicles manufactured in 2017 and onward - which dictates they cannot have more than a 30% tint - FROM the factory. This direction is not written anywhere in law yet, nor is it enforceable.

>tint isnt illegal!
>no wait it is illegal if cops cant see absolutely everything in your car and profile you and make sure you dont have a katana or some shit when they pull you over and rob you of your shekels!

Like I said, im talking about real tint, 70% isnt tint, its just retarded. But iv done some research and even darkened glass is illegal in these provinces, so I guess ill just mount a sawn off shotgun under my truck on a pully system and see if the next cop has a problem with my privacy

Now you're just being a humongous fag. The only people who ever get fined for window tint are swaggot cunts and boomers doing donuts in their Corvettes.

Also sawed-off shotguns are illegal. So is murdering people with them.

>-rescue services cant shatter window
So anti theft films are illegal too? In my 3rd world country we need to install these or else some nigger will smash your window in a stop light to steal your bag.

There are clear ceramic films that significantly reduce heat yet appear untinted, I have it on my windshield and legal 35% ceramic tint everywhere else. It's amazing.

I dont have any unusual tickets, nor any reason on earth to get pulled over other than my tint.

Iv been pulled over twice for tint, and have been forced to remove it twice.

Not sure what goofy ass shit you think goes on this these provinces over here, but the answer is no, you cant just make up your own rules as to who get away with tint and who doesnt. If you have tint in these provinces and a cop catches you, no matter the darkness, you will get fucked. Goes 10 fold for limo tint

I LIVE in Ontario you fucking fag. I've had 10% tint for years, NEVER pulled over for it. Never even questioned during stops for speeding and after witnessing an accident.

Again, you are probably a greasy douchebag who attracts police with his shit driving or his crusty shitbox/douchewagon slammed Charger.

Stop being so scummy and you won't get harassed by the pigs.

I want to tint my windows, in my state it's 35% allowed but I fucking KNOW I'll be given a hard time by cops/mechanics that do my inspection sticker and deny it, even if I fucking show proof it's 35%. They're so uptight about tinting in my state. I just want it so my fucking car won't be so hot from the sun, can't stand the heat.

>inspection

Holy shit, how do so many American states have this communist bullshit? Annual inspections lol? Fucking lame nigga.

Scummy douchebag? All you Ontario retards that come here for work are clueless viking wannabe jawless testosterone lacking red haired mutants with 8 kids looking for gibs, would love to see you drive your 10% through the cities over here and not around your red haired forest dwelling local cops you base your opinions of off, youd get ass fucked so quick like the rest of us but what do I know, I only have 2 tint tickets and my friends combined probably have hundreds.. BUT SOME ASSHOLE FROM ONTARIO SAYS WE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT IF WE JUST ____________

Its illegal, and you dont live here so, but congrats with your local cops you probably know on a first name basis allowing you get away with 70% visibility that you pretend is 10%

I know it's fucking ridiculous, 100% not need and 100% because states love sucking money out of you as much as they can. It's $35 for a mechanic to start your car, go "yup it works" and slaps a sticker on your windshield.

>butthurt rigpig detected

Lol fuck off monkey, hand over those equalization payments - we've got niggers and Syrians to feed here :^)

And stop being so jelly of our superiority. We run this country, we always have. Get used to it.

I have 80% ceramic film.

Blocks out a good chunk of heat, isn't noticeable.

Tint it to the darkest legal specifications. If it's completely illegal then you should get out of that third world shithole ASAP

Just register/get new plates in a state that's legal with the tint you want.
My friend registered his car in Nevada where 5% tint is legal and then went back to mn
When cops pull him over all he says is he's out of town and it's worked for him so far

Is that really worth being pulled over for

in california the back windows(i.e. very back and if you have a sedan the back side windows as dark as you want which to my knowledge its 0% tint but 5% is the same shit, however the driver and passenger windows can only have 35% tint and the windows cant have any tint. I know b/c i have all 5% tint on my vehicle

OP just look up the "tint laws" in you state and get the legal limit

for 5% tint it is

Commit suicide

>Why exactly is it illegal.
Right wing totalitarianism.

Doesn't understand the difference between statute and case law. 70%VLT has been established through the latter therefor it doesn't require writing in the former.

If you have a decent education you can move out of the USA.

remove windows and put some metal sheet instead

it won't work for front side windows and windscreen but still it's something

LEAF FIIIIIIIIGHT

I have something between 5 and 10% and have never gotten into any trouble. I drive a shitbox though. The tint is horrible, I can't tell if there's anything behind me and I have to wind down the window to use a mirror, no power windows either.

>Any alternatives to tinting your car windows?
3M sells a crystal tint. It is especially high clarity film and the cops can't see it if you don't get more than 80. The purpose is to reduce the UV and infrared heat re-radiation and even the 90 will do that. There's no need to get it dark to cut the UV.

>commiefornia
>Right wing
Surely you jest

Maybe he's talking about the front windows. Tinting front windows is rightfully illegal in any developed jurisdiction because it's like driving with sunglasses in your peripheral vision 24 hours a day.

How de fuck did you get a """professional""" installation that violates the law? Fucking sue the people who did it then. NY law allows for any tint in rear seats and back windshield. I think no higher than 10-15% in front Windows.
If the professional goes higher than that, full well knowing the law, they're culpable.

I'd be willing to bet money that the guy that did his 'professional' installation is really some guy in his home garage that does ok work for pennies on the dollar. You know, the one all the niggers that spent every penny on getting their piece of shit take it to to get that shade on they glass

>How de fuck did you get a """professional""" installation that violates the law? Fucking sue the people who did it then.
I got my tint done at a professional shop that does auto, home, and business window tinting. When we were discussing and testing options for my car, they told me the legal limit in Georgia, but I chose to go lightly darker because I have a tan interior, because it wouldn't look as dark as the same tint on a black interior on a sunny day.
Having "illegal" tint gets drivers tickets and fines, not trips to jail. It isn't a tint shop's duty to keep drivers from getting pulled over and ticketed if they want to put limo tint on their nissan altima, so your lawsuit would be useless.

Plus you can get medical notes from doctors saying you need the tint and you won't get any fines for it.

Shops around here will give you whatever tint you want. Anything beyond what is legal and it's cash only, no receipts and no guarantee of any kind is implied or offered. If someone came back to the shop with a lawsuit crying about their illegal tint they ordered the shop would just say they have no idea what said asshole is talking about since there's nothing proving they did the work.