/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs
progameroms.com/arcade/A/Art-of-Fighting-Rom-Download-Link.html
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3lqnm0/snes_emulator_that_doesnt_stutter_or_produce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What sorts of arcade games do ya'll play? Lookin to get into that since I've never really played arcade stuff before (aside from PC/console versions of tetris or pacman or metal slug or ghosts n goblins)

Is there any way to make GBA emulation look good?

show me on the emulator where [[[she]]] touched you

no

try some shaders

What do these freaky texture bugs indicate about Cemu? Is it that my GPU isn't up to par, or is it my CPU is going on the fritz?

In any case, maybe I'll have to break down and actually buy the system at some point for BOTW....

SHMUPS. And only SHMUPS

check out Dodonpachi, Battle Garegga, Gunbird, and R-Type for starters.

Cemu is crap, and illegal; don't use it. Instead, go out and buy a brand new Nintendo Switch® along with a copy of the hit game The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

It's because cemuhook is a hack, and you watched an FMV. Restart Cemu and it'll go away, but it'll come back when you watch another video cutscene.

>why do you expect us to do our jobs?

This is why emulation takes decades instead of months.

Aren't the cutscenes in engine?

nope

>posting reddit
You have to go back.

/r/emulation has 50,000 subscribers. This shithole general can barely make it to 300 posts.

>/r/emulation has 50,000 subscribers.
Well you know were to go then. This general is for talking about SP,byuu,mudlord and their drama.

The saga continues.

I tried emulating Haunting Ground last night but the shadows were acting weird. One of the HW hacks made them appear but they were then bleeding through models.

What's up with that?

Doesn't that game render fine with the SW rendered?

Is there any way to increase FPS? I keep getting around ~25 FPS with cemuhook and my R9 280x and my i5 4670k.

Plus, I get weird artifacting occasionally, plus the shadows look sort of weird and pixellated. Is there a fix to that?

Yes but it would look terrible. HW is almost perfect and I've seen a post of an user who had proper shadows. I'm wondering what he did basically.

Wait a few months for Cemu to maybe be optimized a little, or go out and buy the real thing.

If you already have gpu fencing disabled and gpu cache accuracy set to low, no, there's nothing else you can do.

>Is there any way to increase FPS?
Aside from using a shader cache and cemuhook, nope.
>shadows look sort of weird and pixellated. Is there a fix to that?
Use the highresshadow enhancement graphicpack:
github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs

Was the high res shadows graphic pack updated recently? Because the last time I used it, it made absolutely no difference

It's been working since the game came out.
You have to enable the pack before starting the game (or restart cemu if the game is already running).

I'm not that stupid
I actually compared screenshots with it enabled and disabled, the shadows always look exactly the same. Even tried changing the resolution in the pack to a really high number and nothing changed.
I mean, the shadows in general don't look that bad, they just look awful near stuff like grass

Pic related, look at the shadow near link and then look at the shadows near the grass.

How well do the Armored Core games emulate?

Oh yeah, that's an issue with AMD cards. No fix, AFAIK.

I have an Nvidia card. GTX 970.

Crash 2 crashes (haha) when trying to use x2 internal res on Vulcan, wat do

Beetle PSX HW

Every so often when I'm playing top down SNES games like Tales of Phantasia, A link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, the game will sort of shudder or blur or something. It's hard to describe.

I thought it was just a problem with Higan, but SNES9X does the same thing. Does anyone know why this happens?

Stop using vulkan and Beetle PSX HW. They're unfinished.

No one is holding you here, just leave.

I've been emulating SNES and NES on my 3DS. Is it worth to play on my PC for the shaders?

Not for ancient games.

Is there any chance of a PGXP like solution for the Sega Saturn?

Image quality would be better on the 3DS.

>I've been emulating SNES and NES on my 3DS.

Through retroarch right?

Are you sure that the game id in the graphic pack is correct ? I've made ther same mistake, one number wrong and shit never worked.

SNES9X and VirtuaNES
is there a retroarch for 3DS?

Most games run ok on PCSX2 (even with the emulator being a piece of shit), you can also play some on PPSSPP perfectly

>is there a retroarch for 3DS?

Yes. I didn't even know there were any other options.

>File name
> PGXP Mednafen
WTF user ?

pcsx2 is the best though

Not sure what you mean by "best", it's not like you have any alternative to compare it (not until Play! is "ready").

Byuu got jealous of RetroArch and bit off more than he could chew. He tried to have a multi-system emulator that played everything old and Nintendo. And after all these years, what can he say for it? Not much.

He should focus on one thing at a time. See, he should take the Famicom, and just make the best most cycle accurate famicom emulator ever. Focus on one system at a time.

Anybody know where I can find a bios for cen64? I've looked online and can't seem to find one that works.

He wants accurate NES emulation, but I think he's stuck on mappers. I think he wants them to be some custom scripted language or something.

Best emulator of all time.

No other emulator has as many good games.

With Mesen being the most accurate NES emulator I've ever used, I don't see a reason for alternatives (but I can see why he would be interested in such project). Multi-System emulator is not too much for him, even a single one is too much for him as he already admited that his code is not optmised only because he's not able to read it later (his words)

> Best emulator of all time
Bait
> No other emulator has as many good games
I agree that the PS2 library is good, but this is no merit and have nothing to do with PCSX2, so no

Opinion disregarded.

Facts are not opinions user

says you.

Me + any emulator dev worth something...

Is anyone going to answer me?

Can you record it and upload in this thread (or link it here, send it to Youtube unlisted) ? Also, list the games with this problem (are they patched somehow ?), emulators + build versions.

No I'm not uploading anything.

As I said, Tales of Phantasia, A link to the past, Super Mario RPG. I assume if i played other top down SNES games, they would have the same problem.

As I also said, I've tried both Higan and SNES9X. I always play the latest versions.

It's nobody's job, they're all volunteers. The only ones who are getting paid are the closed-source faggots who give nothing back to this stupid community.

You mean the people that get things done instead of making their autism and mental illness everybody else's problem?

In relation to my Neo Rage emulator problem I brought up in the previous thread, I decided to try MAME. I'm trying to emulate the original Art of Fighting, which I got here:

progameroms.com/arcade/A/Art-of-Fighting-Rom-Download-Link.html

However, I'm still missing the following files:

1. sfix.sfix

2. 000-lo.lo

3. sp-sp2.sp1

4. sm1.sm1

>useless nigger goes out of his way to make his life problematic.

Like Cemu ? Tell me how much the compatibility is better now with so much money ? Oh, yeah...

> useless nigger don't even know how to use Google to get missing firmware files...

As some of you may know, Kega Fusion is broken on Windows 8. I did some research and found out if you put this file in Fusion's root folder, it fixes it.

mega:#!EVBWBboR!1IoZHC_lxLC0LMcsHKium1rf76UudWNT13XojbCUugo

But I'm too lazy to make an account for the wiki, so if someone else wants to post the link on there, yeah. Or you could not. Whatever.

nice malware

you don't need an account

Its one dll file. How is that even possible?

You don't even know how computers work user ? the dll alone will do nothing, but what is INSIDE the dll (any command/script/instruction) will run when the dll is loaded by the emulator, this is why we should NEVER EVER download dll's from any suspect place and put in you emulator/app folder

Let old shit die.

Closed-source garbage needs to die eventually. Microsoft is doing everybody a fucking favor.

Dear god, we need this kind of "correction" on Mednafen for Saturn and PS1

I'm wondering if it's posisble in Sega Saturn. Once Mendafen shapes up, a Vulkan/OpenGL port is in order.

Found the answer. Surprise surprise, it's a problem of Byuu's own making which he refuses to fix.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3lqnm0/snes_emulator_that_doesnt_stutter_or_produce/

IIRC it has something to do with the framerate of NTSC video being not quite 30FPS (it's actually 29.97). Computer monitors actually do run at 30FPS so he had to choose between making everything run 0.1% faster or occasionally stuttering. Byuu being an autist went with the latter.

Wait, Mednafen don't use OpenGL to render Saturn emulation already ? It's all software ?!

All Software. Hardware acceleration is forbidden by Saint Recaptcha.

No wonder the CPU specs I see in the wiki are so high. But it's still the best Saturn emulation I had since... forever.

So top down games are basically unplayable in Higan due to to stuttering.

Some apps can lock the max refresh rate, doesn't ?

Retroarch's dynamic rate control fixes this btw.

Once you remove wobbles, you're not emulating anymore, you're playing some bastardized version of a game that never existed. Isn't this EMULATION General? Emulation should aim to be as faithful to the original hardware's experience as possible.

Different projects aim at different objetives

Well if it's not emulation, does it belong here?

Can you give me an example that you judge "not emulation" ?

Is this list of controllers on the wiki updated?

Looking for a good one to use on my phone, the Moga one looks neat but I'm wondering if there's something that will fit easier in a pocket

Anything that isn't trying to as accurately as possible reproduce the original hardware experience.

So, PCSX2 ? I can't think of any other project with more hacks

bump

Never mind, I already Googled it.

bsnes actually did have rate control options last I checked, but you have to set it up manually.

Is there a way to fix the analog stick when playing Mario Party 1 on PJ64? I'm stuck on this mini game because all I can do is a long cast

Nobody but you care about that non-issue.

There is no need to come here whining about being bullied by emudevs on /r/emulation, you deserved it.

What problem you had with Neo Rage?

If you still want to use it you should look for a complete pack, with all the roms plus emulator and be done with it.

>what can he say for it? Not much.
I thought at-least one or two of the non-SNEs cores in higan weren't total shit.

bump

So installing Klonoa 2 on my PS2 with HDLoader 0.7c, what modes should I put on? I didn't put anything, and the game runs, but the music is fucked up and it's stuck on one permanent strident sound throughout the levels.

>Cemu is crap, and illegal
Decaf and Emulation isn't illegal (read the whole Bleem! incident).

Mostly 60fps with some rare slowdowns on my chinkphone ZUK Z2 (Snapdragon 820/Adreno 530). Feels good man, the game looks beautiful on the 5'0 1080p screen.