What did you guys do to your car today...

What did you guys do to your car today? I was bored so I converted my shift knob into a combination fingerprint magnet/solar-powered driver Blinder

Put a new battery and vacuum hose in my bike. Runs like a dream now.

I finally got my license plate after almost 2 moths of South Carolina temporary tags. It was kinda fun having tags from so far away though.

sighed as the drivetrain finally pretty much gave out at 200k, and limped it over to the local scrap yard.

Save it for the friday thread, fag.

i just swapped my rear license plate lights with LEDs. right off the bat they dont really look good. kind of dim and slightly yellowish from the plastic housings theyre in.

Also nice fat mexican fingers, my man.

Installed new radio because who the hell uses cds?

Washed it.

But earlier this week I installed studs and spacers to make it look phat and make changing wheels easier.

BTW for the fags who will tell me that spacers are dangerous, they're not. good quality hub centric spacers on extended studs or bolts are the exact same as having the hub that wide in the first place

put it up for sale on Craigslist

>removed cylinder head
>removed carb
>removed cylinder
>new gaskets in carb
>new floats in carb
>new fuel valve in carb
>new cylinder foot gasket
>reassebmled everything

I love working on M5x1 motors, they are so fucking simple...

im sorry anons

>Fat
>Mexican
???

Next up:
Gearbox oil change and new clutchpack
Fixing the ignition problems, maybe going back to contact ignition.

I'm removing all my brake calipers to have them powdercoated and rebuilt. They probably didn't need it but they're 25 years old so it can't hurt, and powdercoated calipers calm my tisms.

went to flush my brake fluid only to find the old stuff was in ok condition

I got ricer parts today, but couldn't install due to rain. So I'll do it this weekend.

>Fixing the ignition problems,
Fixed it, there was a damaged connecter between the ignition coil and the controller.

Did a power steering fluid exchange. Gonna do it 2 more times and call it good.

Bought a Gibson exhaust for my Ranger, hopefully I can install it by Tuesday

God, I bought a Mustang a guy put one of those knobs on. Burning in the summer, freezing in the winter, reflected the sun in my face.

First repair I ever did to the car was swapping in an OE Cobra knob. Even before I got the brakes working properly.

Lapped the valves on Audi. Reassembled heads. Waiting on head gasket set.

Why scrap it? Even if it's a massive pile of shit I'm sure you could get $200 on Craigslist. That could have been a LeMons car you asshole.

I'm sorry for your loss.

bought eyelids for my Chaser

Now I need to replace the rear sprocket, the leaking petrol tap and I´m basicly good to drive again.

Interestingly the cylinder and piston are as good as new although this little 2-stroke has several thousand kilometers on it and reved over 8000 rpm most of the time.

I drove my Ford, I drove my Fiat, and I rode my Yamaha

installed a glowshit boost gauge

How is the C30? Almost bought one last year but the owner didn't know how to check the oil and there wasn't any in the engine. Ran fine and it was cheap, though.

I refreshed Fedex package tracking 400 times.

Fuel filter, ignition coil, distributor rotor, a new brake booster check valve, and a diff fill plug (because mine's kind of chewed up because lol BMW) get here tomorrow.

I'm also thinking about making a fuel swirl pot out of a TRE 255, some 10mm brass barb fittings, and a Nalgene. They're made of pretty thick polycarbonate, which is safe for use with gasoline.

I was looking at them used a few years ago but someone told me it was the vampire's car in Twilight so I avoided

Full tank of gas, topped off the oil a smidge, and checked my power steering fluid

Went to replace a taillight bulb and discovered the taillight gasket had been smothered in bathroom caulk and it was fucking everywhere

Finished up a single turbo conversion on my 1JZ

Just needs a custom dump now

Here's what it looked like with the stock twins

Except they're not.

Just do it in the garage user, what are you dumb?

Couldn't resist, could ya?

Treated the leather (basically the entire interior except for the headliner and pillars)

Pain in the ass but it's necessary

>visible timing belt

>sweatingguywipingforeheadwithtowel.tiff

Still more stress/weight on hubs/axles that are joined imperfectly. It will still wear your suspension out faster.

Kek
Getting a new clear cover soon, and red cam gears

I´m not Spacers do put a lot of stress on your bearings and suspension as a whole.

That will look good actually, post pics when done

basically a mk2 focus st. pretty good car but still fwd so expect torque steer on a stock C30

stay away from the automatics, they have heavily neutered torque in 1st gear and an overall weaker transmission

That's true, to a certain extent
The increase in stress/weight and the increase in wear on suspension parts, if any, would be minimal.

I run 20mm hub-centric spacers, have been for about 2 years now
I'm telling you, the adverse effects are as near as makes no difference

Ordered engine mounts
Hope they arrive till saturday

No such thing, a difference is a difference.

Went to the junkyard early and gutted a new cherokee before any filthy mexicans could get their grubby hands on it. I almost felt bad because I could tell they were there for the heads and they gave up because they didn't see a rear bolt way behind the valve cover that's a bitch to get to.

Came home and installed a new radiator fan and now I won't be frying my engine every trailrun, also burped the coolant and cleaned the radiator.Tommorow I plan to wire up new spotlights I bought from amazon.

cleaned off the contacts on my popups button assembly
they work semi-consistently now

noice what manifold are you running? Did a T3 quicksilver on my vvti 1jz

Plugs and wires for my GF's car and patched a exhaust leak. That's about it. She was making a big deal out of it. A monkey could do it. But most people don't even know how to change wiper blades. So im not surprised.

Nice! Just bought 100K

Eyyu. Same fag here except mine sis extra faggot.

So your telling me that running wheels with a lower offset would also make the same difference? Because the stresses are the same. Do you think manufacturers would run wider wheels than the base model at all if it made any measurable difference to the life of any suspension components or driveline components? Especially considering Veeky Forums makes it out like your wheel bearings wear out in a manner of weeks and it's such a safety hazard that you may as well be Hitler?

No didn't think so. Think about the physics of it and you'll realise there is nothing wrong with spacers

Yes I think manufacturers would do that and idk wth you're talking about otherwise. He (or you idk) said it's the EXACT same which it clearly isn't.

Won't this shit burn in summer?

>Horrible gaudy knob in a gookshit plastic car

Mexico is like the 2nd fattest country in the world

Of course. It's an excuse to wear driving gloves.

Shift fast. Which is what you should be doing anyway

Go to the gym queer.

I don't like working in the humidity.