/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

IT'S TIME Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/4S931UaV

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Earth_Crystal
ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Ephemeral_Nodes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, I'm trying to figure something out. Arcanist/smn/sch spellcasting is just like, putting your aether onto geometrical shapes. Conjury is all empathy based. Astrologians use aether from the stars and shit to weave spells.
What the fuck do thaumatalogists do? Do they just chant shit until fire comes out of their dick? How do they regain their aether?

Why dont you care about the Final Fantasy XIV story!?

The void

I will treat my future elezen wife very well

Jesus that's an ugly character

I need your name and maybe I'll let you...

is there any website that has a FATE timer?

But I do. I think it's neat.

Because Estinien's part is over

because it's boring..

If I had a cute elezen wife, I'd be constantly worried about not being good enough for her! She would be too perfect! What would I have done to deserve this?

but how do they do the actual casting

[CITATION NEEDED]

I refuse to believe he won't show up while we're running around like jackasses in weebland waving around katanas and there he is with a katakana all "lolsup dudes" before getting into a kickass battle with Prince "no one cares what your name is, weeblord."

Only thing I cared about story wise was why was the Warriors of Darkness in my realm killing my primals and being an ass to me
I didn't fuck them over

help

Daily reminder that that person you really like actually likes you back, and has just been waiting all this time for you to make a move. Don't make them wait too long.

I think the story is pretty good right now. Not as invested in the current characters as I was with the characters going into HW but I'm excited to be part of a REVOLUTION.

That reminds me, just like Estinien was your buddy buddy in the HW story, will my good friend the autistic Monk "teacher" play a big role in SB? Or is this gonna be more about weebland and he'll get put on the backburner forever.

post link to imgur album

Black hair. Looks more dramatic and unique without going off the deep end of grown man territory.

What's the deal with Veeky Forums and never being able to load images?

These are all very cute marriage ready elves, so go with the one you like most.

I always just assumed by chanting

last one or , honestly

All of those look really bad, sorry

meant "last one or first one"

I didn't even consider that. Shit. I hate melee classes since I can't into positionals but it'd be so cool to see the monk teacher get involved with the storyline.

wtb eb pst

I think it'd be really neat if like Estinien/Aymeric got Ishgard back in order, then we could work with Widargelt to rebuild the Fist of Rhalgr but this time not mess up and let it implode.

>cat
>nigger
nty

but i like it, it's kinda nice

Well, I mean he is also an illegitimate heir to the throne in ala mungo I think.

>grown man territory
?????

Post your best friend

Heterochromia and super dark neon pink blush with jet black eyeshadow that's supposed to look "come hither" but more often than not just looks trashy.

They just pump enough aether to pull fire and shit out of their ass, that's why black magic is bad. It'll kill you if you don't have a big enough mana pool like it did to those cultists in the HW questline, or you draw enough aether to attract voidsent.

They regain aether by attuning their bodies to either receive or expend it more effieciently, which is why ice multiplies your mp regen and fire stops it

>friend wishes you luck
>holy shit it's working
>immediately after that thought
Pretty sure there's some federal law prohibiting mind reading, fucking Yoshida.

Whoops, misquoted.

She never lets me down

You're lying user. He hates me.

Why are images loading so slowly? They're taking ages right now but every other site works fine for me.

Servers are shitting themselves. I blame the Russians.

Oh hell yes.

Hiro probably broke something

i wish
they hate me and just use me for attention when no one else is around
but thats okay

God bless him, but he's an idiot. I love his twitter feed.

Stop baiting naive, mentally inept idiots into ruining their social circles.
Nobody in this thread deserves romantic happiness, and telling them to pursue it will just damage the few platonic relationships they currently have.

I know the feeling. Just excise them from your life, you'll feel better. Trust me.

tfw not smart enough to be mage

I love the story if this game, always makes me sad when people say they skip every single cut scene. Can't wait to see where it goes in SB.

Gotta get fall in love, go on dates, pull off a love confession, and married before Stormblood!

So I'm guessing you've been playing for a while
As I was leveling carpenter I ran out of crystals and the handle full your shitty retainer brings back to you every hour isn't enough

Don't forget your five word essay.

I'll marry you. After a few weeks of platonic friendship and bonding.

hey boys

I'm not ippiki

I rarely craft so I'm not expert.
But I'm sure the majority of my crystals came from aetherial reduction.
Looking at this site, seems like your best bet is gathering them. I'd gamble on the Diadem, completing a Trial of the Matron will net you ten steel spoils.
>ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Earth_Crystal

>Heavensdub contest
>first contest to interest me
>"any in-game item" could get me that fucking legacy mount
>most of my friends have quit the game
>the rest use laptop microphones
WHAT A LOVELY DAY

"Wanna do leveling roulette?" is only 4 words though...

>tfw want to do the WoD fight scene so I can be Arbert but I'd have to do everyone else too

He's so dramatic and I love his voice, so imitating it is fun.

He is literally the only English VA I enjoyed throughout 3.0 Killing primals, tormenting beastmen, hastening the birth of a new god. Its all a bit much isn't it? And frankly, we dont have the leasure to do it.

One life for one world. A fair exchange- Wouldnt you agree?! Best lines in the game so far to me. Or maybe the monologue with Elfman after.

Its why I make the suggestion to keep gathering classes 5-10 levels above your crafters. Once you hit HW and can do ephemeral nodes, you'll be swimming in clusters/crystals.

Redpill me on tanking. I've played ranged casters to 60 and WHM to 50, but never got into tanking. What am I in for?

>that person in your FC who you just want to snatch up and smother with love but you don't want to be a creep so you leave him alone

Tell me more about these Ephemeral nodes
I actually got Botanist to 60 before my Carpenter but I haven't really done anything with it

>want to leave the FC I'm in
>too much of a shitter to deal with the fallout
>still in it

Standing still and spamming AoE hate skills until you get your tank stance. After you get youe tank stance you stand still and just hit all your buttons. If you lose hate, you hit your buttons harder.

Alphinaud's constant talking sometimes would lead me to skipping the rest of a cutscene. Hope they do something about him
What gets me is
>friend is new to a primal/8 man raid
>skips any kind of the cutscene
>has music off

I want to overfeed a nice elezen woman so that she will be persuaded to be my wife!

>skips any kind of the cutscene
Most are boring, add nothing, can be viewed at any time, and waste everybody else's time.

ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Ephemeral_Nodes
They are timed nodes that refresh constantly when they are active. They are active every 4 ingame hours then a new spot becomes active.
You can pick and choose what you want to gather and depending on their collection rating, when you use aetherial reduction, you can get crystals/clusters, aether sand and other neat stuff.
If you want to do ephemeral farming, I suggest to throw as much perception and GP as you can.

just do some aquapolis, goblins drop mountains of crystals and clusters
reduction takes forever without chugging cordials and is annoying regardless

I also liked his catgirl companion.

I dunno, I liked the whole they placed their hopes and their dreams on our shoulders and bid us fight for all that was good and right. We fought and we fought, until there was no one left to fight. We won, and now our world is being erased from existence.

that actor brought a lot of emotion to it, makes me tingly.

I am hungry...

run around and pull everything

if you die blame the healer

Would you not need a group for that and then hope you get some goblins?

totally random question from a totally random person but do you have any high mythrite you don't need laying around on gilg?

Ingots or nuggets? I could make some if I knew who needed.

Get off Balmung, Jeremy Lopez.
You have been warned.

What does light farming mean? I've never actually understood any of that

it can be 2-manned and goblins aren't that uncommon
do you go all the way to 8/8 when reducing?

Nah i typically go 2/8 3/8

What class most represents "the shitter"?

Monk.

elk

Warrior

Dragoon

Any healer

"light" is just an abstract value tied to your relic progress in certain steps and it's displayed as little glowing symbols in a window. Farming for light is just spamming whatever duty rewards the most light so you can complete your relic quickly.

At basically the end stages of your relic you have to earn points by engaging in a variety of predetermined tasks. For ARR it was how bright your shit's shining.

Farming is basically just trying to find the fastest duty to complete to gain the moist amount of light points to reach the goal and finish that stage of the relic.

Selling an Amazon code from the latest promo, $20

[email protected] if you're interested

Bard/Mch/Sch

Anyone have any basic Alch stuff they need crafted? I could use the exp!

??????

best thing you can do is just spam out your highest level craftable for leveling

I know, but I'm broke and poor. I've been doing collectibles for some reason. Forgot why.

Post tummies.