tfw to dumb to understand rev matching

> tfw to dumb to understand rev matching
> tfw have too put it straight from 5th to neutral every time I have to stop

Get a motorcycle, you'll understand it a lot faster.

just press on the gas a little and bring the revs up and see if its too high or low
then just go from there
you wont hurt your clutch that much

I rarely downshift when coming to a casual stop. Each situation is different but I usually just engine brake in whatever gear I'm at until it hits idle rpm, then pop it in neutral.

This, except I always drop to 4th if I'm in 5th.

Just think of it going from 60mph to 30mph when in a town or someone is turning. From 5th to 3rd or whatever gear is appropriate.
(I stay in 5th at 30mph when going into town unless I need to accelerate quickly)

1. Clutch in
2. Shift to lower gear
3. Blip throttle
4. Release clutch

What's so hard about that? A common misconception is that you need to do steps 1 to 3 all at the same time, but that's not the case. When you get really good at it you can do it in half a second, until then do it a little bit more slowly.

it's just like shifting up, except you jab the gas pedal while the clutch is in

honestly just stomp the gas for a half second inbetween gears

glad to see i'm doing it right

you're supposed to blip throttle before you lower gear

It doesn't make a difference because the clutch is in.

>mfw heel toe rev match every downshift 24/7

Keeps things interesting.

sucks when some ricer thinks you are trying to race him when you have a slow down ahead

>there is one turn near my house turning from a main road to one that hardly anyone uses
>almost 180*, pretty much a really sharp uturn
>always execute a perfect heel-toe around it
>pretend i'm a rally driver
it's the most fun I have in my daily commute

is it bad to downshift without rev matching? i dont dump the clutch i let it out smoothly while braking

Im putting a muffler w/ a silencer for this reason.

virgin shift vs chad slam

you're slipping the clutch to bring the revs up
its not that good for it
but idk you probably wont kill it

seriously. I have a fairly loud exhaust and pedestrians give me weird ass looks sometimes, especially the 3rd to 2nd shift.

naw. If revs are low enough the synchros will do their jobs fine

Main purpose of rev matching is to prevent the car from lunging forward when you downshift. If that's doesn't happen when you downshift, or it happens but it doesn't bother you, then more power to you my friend.

you're causing extra wear to the clutch obviously, but they are made to last 200k miles so it's really not that big of a deal

>drive E30 with HUGE exhaust leak
>not fast, engine is in VERY bad shape
>revmatch all the time, it's fun
>faggots in civics and V6 mustangs always try to race me
I can not race you

Ya'll niggas rev matching while standing still at a red light or some shit? This has never happened to me before, and anyone who has ever driven a manual should know exactly what's happening.

nah the cars like come up beside me while im driving and rev with the clutch in usually
then they like downshift and gun it and expect me to follow or something.
my car is not fast

>implying regular people in the U.S. drive manuals, or even know how gears work in their 4 wheeled appliance

most people are clueless, user

>4 wheeled appliance

fuck me why do i find this hilarious

y?

>tfw car rev matches for me

No need to rev match. Just enjoy engine braking as you go down through the gears

No.

I've never rev matched, and both the clutch and transmission have made it to 200,000 miles.

I try to heel-toe but, I still can't regulate the amount of braking force apply, it could be the fact that my brake pedal is not nearly as linear as it could be, but I am still bad at it.

No, you aren't.

...YouTube.
Ayrton Senna.
Honda NSX.
You will understand.

I find it sad. Because it's fucking true.

>captcha is full of cars
IT KNOWS.

I always think of a refrigerator with wheels
especially when I see an RV