JDM LS SWAP IRRITABILITY

Why do purists get buttmad when people LS swap JDM cars?

It's not your property, so why give a fuck?
I plan on LS swapping my next gook car, probably the RX7. Way cheaper to maintain, powerful and reliable engine.

Give me a reason why one shouldn't do that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6jJIVK-daGk
youtu.be/ZcjpXbMiCtg?t=360
youtube.com/watch?v=wy1GKdyu7QE
dragimportnews.com/top-10/top-10-quickest-rotary/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=6jJIVK-daGk
Do it.

Why not just buy a GM car if you want a GM car so bad?

>Give me a reason

Nigger it's your car and your money, why do you give a fuck what other people think?

Little bitch nigger.

RX-7 is cheap to buy, looks awesome and is a nice future slippery sausage project. The biggest issue is that car is the oil thirsty engine, let's be honest.

Why are you in a fucking website made to interact with other people if you don't give a fuck what anybody thinks?

Bix nood muggafugga

I'd rather get a dead engine RX8 and LD swap it. I see a lot of prstine condition RX8's with dead engine going for

Do your solution is to fuck the balance all to hell? Wouldn't buying oil be cheaper than buying a new engine, suspension, engine mounts, custom wiring harness, modified firewall, and transmission?
If you want a corvette buy a corvette.

GM engine is not GM chassis

Engine swaps exist because manufacturers trying to shoot for demographics and shit won't always give you exactly what you want at your price point

Maintaining a rotary costs a couple grand a year in oil, extra burnt gas, plugs, coils, and apex seals

My flat mates fd is 120000ks without a rebuild and still starts fine. It gets the same fuel economy as my twin turbo z although it can't be hypermiled as easily.

As long as you do the life support mods and keep up with maintenance it's no more unreliable than any other 90s sports car

Yes I know this thread is bait but I will post anyway to red pill lurkers

The rebuild is only like $500-800 of that couple grand you're spending over a petrol engine with similar output

So it's cheaper to spend 9 grand minus the engine and transmission? LSfags are so fucking stupid.

How is it cheaper in the long term to maintain a Rotatory engine? Eats up more fuel and oil than a V6 or V8 and gives out a lot less performance.

LS swap seems like a no brainer

>9 grand
>LS swap

Are you unironically paying a shop to do it, or starting from scratch on a car nobody has done it too before? Are you buying a brand fucking new crate engine?

Show me the receipts from your LS swap. Do you even have a garage?

How much does an LS swap usually cost? I am reading online, it runs around 6 to 15k

this post is so retarded, rotary rebuilds aren't cheaper than any other rebuild.

Nobody here has actually researched one, much less done one. They'll unironically tell you that it's $500 and an afternoon.

I've done one, got about 2000 into the car so far including engine, trans, ECU and the car itself.

Which car? 2k is super cheap for an LS swap. Makes me want to buy an RX-7 and do one right now.

I don't, especially with cars like the 86/brz/frs. FA20 is a piece of shit and should be scrapped. LS3 makes it a decent car.

I guarantee it wasn't an rx7. It was probably some old GM shit.

volvo 240

You made some crazy sleeper?

Don't expect it to cost 2k to LS swap an RX7 unless you already have the car, a welder and a work place to get it done.

Nah, I was expecting at least 7k, not accounting for the car.

Finally got the tig welder to weld up the exhaust and intake and steering shaft but my HOA is cucking me, need to move to a shitty mexican area instead of white yuppieville

You're talking about how cheap it is and it's not even done yet? What a fucking idiot.

There's not really much left to do lol
You don't even know what's involved in a swap, all the hard work is done.

He is almost done, what are you on about?

It's all about balance, sports cars are highly refined to have a nice balance between all their components from the factory. Everything is matched together nicely and it takes years of development (not to mention the years of experience) to achieve that balance.

When you do any modifications to a sports car you are jeopardizing that balance. Trusted aftermarket manufacturers and trusted tuners have also put in a lot of development (and experience) to try and maintain a good balance with their upgrades, however their upgrades are usually fairly minor - in order to keep that balance.

Swapping an entirely different motor, - not just different dimensionally but completely different characteristically, is a massive change to make on a sports car and it may take a lot of work to get the car back into a good drivable balance again.

That's awesome

Yeah, it's only taken him like 3 months.
I hope all the anons recommending this have welding gear and skills.

There's a shit ton of guides on how to LS swap an RX-7 and maintain the balance from factory.

It only took a week to get that far, it's been sitting with nothing done to it since.

Step 1: buy a corvette.

I don't want a Corvette, I want an RX-7 with a Corvette Engine.

Maybe enough people have done it by now that they've figured out what else to do to the car... or maybe they are full of shit and their cars suck.
I honestly don't know but you should always take modification guides on the internet with a grain of salt.

Unironically this.

V8 RX-7 is not a fucking mystery, my man. RX-7 get all sorts of swaps for skiddy torpedo projects.

OP's future car

>youtu.be/ZcjpXbMiCtg?t=360

>skiddy torpedo projects.

My fucking point exactly, people who have no idea what the fuck they are doing who absolutely ruin the balance and drive-ability of a car.

Waah waah. Buy an RX-7 for yourself and keep it mint if you care so much, cunt.

>get BTFO
>keep posting
Why?

I have actually spent a lot of time and effort bringing my MR2 back to as close to stock as I can get it.
I literally don't care what you do to your RX-7 I'm just telling you my knowledge about cars, balance and engine swaps.

He's a good example for anyone interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=wy1GKdyu7QE
Two KP-61 Starlets:
>one with the stock motor highly modified and the rest of the car to suit
>one with a 4AGZE with the rest of the car modified (butchered) to suit
The 4AGZE ran a slightly faster lap time as expected for the extra power but which one do you think Dorikin enjoyed driving more????

Because people such as yourself are retards and normal people dont like when retards act retarded.

case and point

How did I get BTFO just because some purists thinks I am some high as fuck teen ricer for wanting to do an LS swap for a car known to have a not very reliable engine?

Just because we don't stop you from being a faggot doesn't mean we won't call you one. Fucking retard.

because you think it costs nothing to do the swap and there are zero maintenance costs afterwards
for the cost of the engine and trans alone (good condition, not $500 junkyard pieces of shit) you could rebuild the rotary for half a century
fuck off

>Swapped car is faster
>....uh, muh driving pleasure

Maybe you'll learn one day.

the pleasure comes from his bias towards purity. a non-purist would take more pleasure in driving a work of ingenuity and dedication.

that enjoyment is purely subjective

however, the lap time is not.

>the pleasure comes from his bias towards purity
Speaking of subjective: That's your subjective opinion.

Now I happen to know a fair bit about Dorikin and a fair bit about driving fast and let me tell you my subjective opinion from that video:
>Tsuchiya enjoys the 4K-U Starlet more because he is an expert race car driver and it is a well balanced car. His enjoyment comes from using all the techniques he has developed, from racing cars, to drive the car faster.
He was not able to use those same techniques on the 4AGZE Starlet because it was not well balanced, particularly in the brake bias thanks to an AE86 diff conversion needed to handle the extra torque, so he instead relied on the cars raw power to set the faster lap time.

Yeah, except the swap one has more than double the horse power. Try to put a Turbo in a fucking Dorito engine, and see how reliable it is. Comsuption is already bad in the dorito in a base.

Just buy a hayabusa.

Or LS swap an rx7

>Implying it is not more fun to drive an overpowered shitbox with so much horse pew pew that it could kill you at any given time.
Dudeo brah, come on.

Why the fuck a Hayabusa? What does it have to do with LS swapping a RX-7?

A hayabusa will be cheaper and do everything a ls swapped rx7 will, but better and most likely safer.

Except the Highabuser is not a car, unlike the RX-7.

Well that depends on whether you want to learn/hone/express your driving skills or you just want to scare yourself with some thrills.

If you want to go the fastest you can in a straight line and throw away positive handling characteristics why are you letting 2 less wheels hold you back?

>Implying you don't learn faster when you are scared as fuck for your life

If you drive like a tranny, you'll only get good at driving like a granny.

Because you're bullshitting everyone by saying handling characteristics are going to scrap if you LS SWAP an RX-7 when there's ton of build guide tackling the issue on balance and weight distribution...

Yeah maybe at low skill levels that might be true, once you actually get good at driving you'll want a well balanced car.

Cool, I guess I'll LS swap an RX-7 then and drive until I get good and want a better balanced car.

Not sure if I should sell the Dorito engine, or just burn it and recorded in a video.

You can't afford an ls swap.

You know what they say: You can't put an old head on young shoulders, I guess you'll have to learn those lessons for yourself.

LS engines are inferior to rotaries, you are making your car worse in every way

besides, you don't have an rx7 anyway you lying sack of shit

>Way cheaper to maintain, powerful and reliable engine.
no

The RX7 and RX8 are the only ones that trigger me with piston swaps, everything else I don't give a fuck, go wild. Just buy a C5 Corvette if you want an LS RX7, it would be cheaper anyway. No need to get rid of the one thing that makes an RX7/RX8 special.

yes they are you dumb dogfucker

Nothing, weebs are in melt down mode

Definitely burning and recording. Might just play Free Bird in the background too.

How so?
I did a full rebuild on my 22r with new pistons, polished crank, new head with new valves, new cam, bored 20 thou over, decked block, new oil pump and bearings, new timing chain and tensioner and it still only cost me 1000.

congrats on the autism

>how so
because you don't need new pistons, polished crank, new head with new valves, new cam, bored 20 thou over or decked block?

>22r
so an irrelevant engine then, try to do that on a v6 or a v8

Having the laugh of my life reading all the weaboo madbuttery. I love this board.

If you do it before you blow an apex seal all you have to do is reseal it, it only gets expensive if an apex seal goes and you have to replace one or both rotor housings and possibly a rotor. Plus while it's apart you can bridgeport the housings and make a lot more power.

You still need apex seals, rotor and housing, last I check a NOS rotor and housing runs about 1600 dollars

>bridge port
>make more power
Yeah and lose what little torque and drivability you ever had, lmfao

>You still need apex seals, rotor and housing,
no because you can either resurface therotor and the housings or rebuild it before you need to do this

if only the seals are bad then it's the only part you need to replace

>torque
>relevant

point and laugh at the skunkfucker

>only the seals are bad
Lol
Yeah, and when you rebuild a piston engine all you need is new rings and to resurface the cylinders with a dingle ball hone.
Same level of ghetto half assery, and it would still be cheaper on a piston engine since rings are like 40 bucks a set and apex seals are 5 times that

Do it. I'm still saying you can't afford it.

>Yeah, and when you rebuild a piston engine all you need is new rings and to resurface the cylinders with a dingle ball hone.

sadly this is not the case, you sometimes need new valvespings, new main and thrust bearings and so on

rebuilding a rotary is cheaper because it has less parts

this is pretty much a fact

You can get a LOT of low end torque in a high overlap engine. The trick is that you lose out on power at low throttle openings.

You don't ever need new valve springs unless one breaks or you're replacing the cam with something more aggressive.
Also bearings and thrust washer are rarely ever out of spec, bottom ends are rarely an issue.
Even if they were out of spec a bearing set is again 40 dollars.

>You don't ever need new valve springs unless one breaks or you're replacing the cam with something more aggressive.
Just like you don't need new rotors and housings if they are ok????

>It's another ''Weebs can't admit the Rotatory engine is a terribly inefficient piece of crap'' episode.

Yeah and you don't need new pistons either right?
Just new rings and a quick ball hone.
You're pushing a half ass rebuild for the rotary and then insisting on a full rebuild with new parts for the piston motor.
You're making false comparisons.
A realistic comparison would be new rings and a ball hone on a piston engine, which I will say is actually a pretty commonly done thing, you can even do it with the engine in the car most of the time.

>hate weebs
>buy jap car
Why don't you just get a corvette?

>Yeah and you don't need new pistons either right?
except pistons breaking are a lot more common than a rotor breaking, and so are rods.

>You're pushing a half ass rebuild for the rotary and then insisting on a full rebuild with new parts for the piston motor.
>You're making false comparisons.
don't sperg at me just because piston engines are more complicated, it's not my fault
go cry to your mommy

>RX-8 rotatory
>232 BHP 1.3L

Gives you an MPG of 16 city, 22 High way.

>2015 Singray
>455BHP 6.2L

Gives you a MPG of 17 city, 29 highway.
B-but my Dorito engine is awesome!!! America sucks! Japan is better in everyway!! Fucking REDNECKS, REEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Because I want the RX-7, it's like a better looking Porsche 944 or Plymouth Daytona. It's an affordable car too, once the engine is swappity swooped.

Rotors break all the time when the apex seals tear them apart, very common for the rotor to be destroyed when the seals fail, along with the housing.

>it's another ameridumb post

shart in mart

Also, unlike the 944 and the Daytona, RX-7 have a YUGE aftermarket that's pretty affordable, compared to fucking Porsche parts.

>Rotors break all the time when the apex seals tear them apart
lol no

besides, you can resurface scratched rotors and housings if the damage is not bad enough, you can resurface a bent rod

LS rx7 are slower than rotary powered ones

LS engines are fucking trash man

Just imagine the low growling sound of the V8 cumming out of the RX-7, my dude.

Pure sex

>LS rx7 are slower than rotary powered ones
Straight out bullshiting, I see. LS1 engines make 350, and up to 400+ with a carb easy. Good luck making a fucking Rotatory do that while being as fucking efficient and reliable as a V8.

v8's sound ugly

post an LS engine running the quarter mile faster than 6.1
dragimportnews.com/top-10/top-10-quickest-rotary/
brotip, you can't

>scratched rotor
Since when does an apex seal failing simply scratch the rotor and not cause deep gouging/total destruction?

Also rods typically don't fail, the part of an engine mode likely to wear out or fail is the piston rings and valves/valve seats
The only original parts left in my 22r is the crank, block and rods, and it still only cost me 1000 dollars including the machine work.

The thread got derailed, but I'll let my two cents in.

Someone said you can put in a Mustang trans in a Crown Box, and they also said you can put in a Coyote 5.0 engine as well. At that point, you have a heavier Mustang that has even worse handling, so why not just get a proper Mustang? The problem with LS swaps is that they're so overdone, it's literally the bacon of engines. It's disappointing to see something like WICKED CAMRY RUNNING 8s UNBELIEVABLE and then reveal its an LS1 swap, of fucking course.