Should I buy Premium Gas???

I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 150,000 miles on it. It has a 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Cylinder Engine. Would buying Premium Gas improve Performance or would I just be wasting money? Any help would be appreciated.

Buy the recommended fuel

Literally wasteing money and worse performance. "Premium" gas isnt better or worse than regular, its just different, and most shitbox tier cars run on 87. Unless your manual says otherwise, run 87, running different octane gas means different flash points, means your car won't run as intended. Its not gonna ruin anything immediately, but it'll hurt MPG and and other stuff down the line.

The Owners Manuel says to use 87 Octane. Should I just stick with that? I would like to use higher octane gas if it helps my cars performance.

Just kidding, the fuel number is your horsepower bonus modifier, so 91 means .91x faster

Put 3 tbsp of honey in every few fillups too, it adheres to the carbon buildup in your injectors and cleans them without gunking anything up.

>.91x
Wouldn't that make it 9 hundredths slower?

Thanks for the info. The owners manual says 87 Octane and that's what i'm gonna stick with.

This can't be true. Double check before doing this.

Bro, go with 87. A V6 Engine won't benefit from 89 or 91. Only V8s, V10s, and V12s benefit from more octane.

literally throwing your money away unless your engine is beat to shit and has a shitton of carbon deposits increasing compression ratio, which is unlikely with 150k.

if your really worried you could run some seafoam through the intake until the engine stalls then let it sit over night. that'll burn any carbon out next startup and make sure the compression ratio is stock and burns 87 like its supposed to

100x True, its natural sugar

No, its the bonus modifier, sorry didnt clarify. So for base horsepower (1) + modifier(.91/.87)

Then you take the and multiply by cylinder's and thats how you get final HP numbers, so for his v6, a x.02 multiplier seems meh, but its really a .x12 t the cares base hp

Lol why you trollin? Some people gon actually try this and wreck they cars.

If anyone actually researched they'd see its a better fuel system cleaner than any of the chemical bullshit you can buy at auto zone

Based on my research, I've determined that it cleans the fuel system so well that the car goes violently out of spec, and requires costly repairs.

It's Too Good™

I love the jeep 4.0 but putting premium in is a waste

I'm looking at a WJ Laredo 4.0 @135k miles with no working AC for $1900 Obo. Good deal?

Or stay away

Good deal is subjective. For 1900 It could be a good deal or it could be a Piece of shit. If you have any mechanical inclinations go take a look , at 1900 I would say it very well could be worth it. Also with mechanical inclination you might be able to drive it away for 1500 or maybe trailer it away for 900. There is more wrong than just the AC is what I am getting at

It has a knock sensor. It doesn't really matter.