/sthg/ Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #758 - more clues edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest LinksSonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1JS1tv-R18
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZugpFJfbDBddUnNdM4COAS2EzfgWHj9w
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLpBTDvd24
youtube.com/watch?v=yipmpnti2o8
youtube.com/watch?v=V6yhdMPaSig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You didnt fuck up the embeds

Good for you

lol I'm a different person. I hope the other dude see my reply on the other thread and didn't just make a secong sthg

also I forgot to link the previous thread oh well

Sleeping Amy

Previous Thread: better late than never

I fucked it up

Check out this comfy sky chase remix

youtube.com/watch?v=X1JS1tv-R18

I'm the guy who was scared of messing up the embeds. Thanks for making the thread

Check out this Sonic music playlist. Its got a few outliers, but majority of it is sonic. Some are sonic song remixes and some of the "more clues" songs Aaron links people too. And some I think are related to sonic in some way, in any case, they're still good and help me do my work youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZugpFJfbDBddUnNdM4COAS2EzfgWHj9w

ur welcome

I take it back.

>41317 looks like a date. 04 13 2017?
I call bullshit on this. There is no 13th month.

In God blessed america they write the month first and the day later.

>yurup

So, Sonic Boom is like an adaptation of Sonic fanfiction with Sticks for OC?

Of course not. I don't think anyone thinks the comics will be cancelled without an announcement RIGHT??????

But in the current situation, even a minor issue like that is reason enough for people to freak out. And in my opinion they're justified to do so. I would have to see some concrete statistics to make a semi-educated guess, but it seems like SEGA obviously does not care about the comics, and Archie might or might not care about them either.
So if they don't even see it as a worthwhile money cow, with SEGA upping the licence cost this could just be the final nail in the coffin.

>Rouge cosplaying as Jenny from Bloody Roar

>not player 2 outfit
This is still very acceptable, I've wanted this for years.

>sega does not care
>archie does not care
>Ken rambling on twitter about how he was only one who ever cared
>no actual news anywhere
>just rumors

Okay I'll throw my rumor out there too. It's on hiatus because they want to do something special with #300 at a certain time.

And like these faggots who create clues that lead to more clues, they just like to watch people suffer. We'll all have a good laugh about it in the end, haha you're so fucking funny guys!

But player 2 outfit for Rouge is Chaos.

s-sry I only worked with what google gave me for Bloody Roar. If you drop a ref, I can do an alt when I have time.
I just don't really know how to upload to the booru for insurance.

Neat

Nah I'm kidding, I just wanted to drop that Sonic.

Chaos would easily fill out both outfits.

Bump is my waifu

same

Your waifu cucks you with the entire population of this general.

I wouldn't have it any other way

Replaying Shadow The Hedgehog, and honestly it has some really sexy looking levels. So far ive completed all the dots from pure hero to evil neutral. Tomorrow I'll probably do all the evil paths.

Is there a true ending after finishing them all?

I haven't played the game myself, but yes, there's 1 definitive ending that nullifies all other endings.

I keep hearing that Adventure was the last true Sonic game. What about Adventure 2 then? It's the same, minus overworld.

Really? Ok now im motivated to finish all the endings

Honestly I say this as a Sonic Adventure fan, SA2 was two steps forward two steps back.

+multiplayer
+two new characters
-hubworlds
-they put tails in a fucking mech

I wish for puritys sake we got a reboot of the adventure games from the ground up. Make big the cat an optional minigame for SA1. Give tails his Sonic Battle Weapons instead of a mech in SA2, separate the character stories, and add a brand new hubworld with missions to do.

Tails was in a mech because he was rushed.

I'd say SA2 also has tighter, less floaty controls. And while I think the mech gameplay is fun, as it is the same one from Omega in SA1, I do think that it's not fitting for Tails.

But man if we come here thinking on how a Sonic game with no half-assed elements looks like we're in for utter disappointment as usual.

They keep adding stupid shit and taking away good stuff. Its like they don't want the money.

Anyone have any unpopular opinions about sonic games or just sonic in general? I'm interested in hearing them.

I don't particularly care for Crush40.
I think the lyrics tend to be cringe worthy, especially Escape From the City. I much prefer electronic music in Sonic games.

If we want to get super technical here

Sa1 = Sa1
Sa2 = Sa2
Sonic Heroes = sa3
Shadow the hedgehog = sa4
Sonic 06 = sa5
Sonic Unleashed = sa6
Sonic Colors = sa7
Sonic Generations = sa8

However only truly one of these games is a faithful Sonic Adventure game. And thats SA1. Too many changes and fuckups have turned the series into an unrecognizeable shit pile.

Sa2 = Tails in a mech, Stories are merged together
Heroes = Slippery shitty physics, Plastic Uncanny Valley models, forced 3 character gameplay, Shitty healthbar bulletsponge enemies
Shadow the hedgehog = same shitty bulletsponge enemies, same slippery physics, same uncanny valley models, conpletely removed every playable character including sonic
Sonic 06 = inproved physics over sonic heroes and ShTH, yet slower homing attacks, Amigo system instead of even whole levels for most of the characters, mach sections which ruin level continuity, elise sections which also ruin continuity of levels, levels broken into parts

Sonic Unleashed = Impressive boost system, with the drawback of shitty slippery physics once again, Fantastic hubworlds, yet removed every playable character again, except for a variation of sonic, made parts of levels 2D which was annoying

Sonic Colors = Made EVEN MORE LEVELS 2D, the 2player mode had Sonic robots ibstead of characters from the series which was a dumb fucking idea, shitty voice actor

Sonic Generations = Not only is there more 2D bullshit, they added 2D sections to normally 3D stages as a fuck you to modern fans, they once again removed all playable characters and added a variation of sonic, a fat pudgy one...
The hubworld was a 2D piece of shit and very low effort.

Basically everything that made adventure originally good they stripped away until it wasn't adventure anymore

I can't of a single game other than games everybody calls asinine trash like Call of Duty and Merry-O that doesn't take a step back for every step forwards.

Metal Gear and Asscreed also do this shit in every installment.

>Omega in SA1

I liked Lost World and Heroes, and I think most Sonic games are good.

Too tired to lay mine out.

Pokemon in a nutshell

Fun Fact: Omega is actually E-102, E-101, and E-103 scrapped and reprogrammed into one robot called E-123. It doesn't retain any of the memories of any of the robots but eventually, like E-102 its predecessor it recognizes right from wrong and choses the same path E-102 would have.

There has to be a counterpart to Eggman and he fits the bill best. But what that demonstrates was that Tails was an after though to Eggman. I don't think Tails being in a mech was really a problem. It's that his stages are so much more frustrating than Eggman's. While Eggman's mech stages have a really good flow and some awesome segments with tons of enemies to blow away. Tails' stages feel like 90% of the difficulty comes from dropping a gun robot on your head out of nowhere.

>lost world
How, how do you like that irredeemable piece of shit? Even 06 was better

Because I had fun with it. And was not particularly bothered by any of it's elements.

You got a source on that claim I've never heard before?

What bothered me so badly was the running, more than anything, I hated it the most

Rotor is straight.

I'll admit that the movement of Sonic is a bit weird at first. He is a bit slippery, and the fact that the camera isn't fully centered on him makes it feel even worst.

But idk, I got used to it and it didn't bothered me anymore. I wanna get the game on PC because I feel like the Pee Pee U gamepad wasn't the best controller for that game.

You are now aware that there is a small animal inside Omega. And it's trapped there for centuries, still living when Shadow finds Omega in the bad future of 06.

This is the best song ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLpBTDvd24

Even in Sonic 1 you don't have to save the animals. It's only when a robot inconveniences Sonic, that he inadvertently rescues them.

Sonic should bully the flickies.

Would you like a game that starts you with seven Emeralds and is actually based arond Super Sonic mechanic?

Boom's Shadow is a faker.

All Shadows are fakers.

There are too many Sonic clones.
Knuckles is red Sonic.
Metal Sonic is Sonic's evil twin.
Shadow is Sonic's more evil twin.
Mephiles a Sonic's more evil twin's evil twin.
Blaze is femSonic.

Something like Unleashed's opening would be cool. Just drops you straight into the game as Super Sonic with all hell breaking loose. Maybe Forces might do something like that as a prologue to the events of the game but I doubt it.

Being the primary gimmick for a whole game? I don't think it would go down well. He's a broken power up that serves as a fun game breaker as a reward for doing special stages or beating the game.

Switch metal and shadow around.

Blaze isnt even a hedgehog, and fem sonic would be Sonica(aka Sonii the hedgehog)

Only the first three games are remotely good

The first 3 are the worst 3

Only autistics think 3D is better (or even good)

You can avoid that just by running quickly or spin dashing.

> I am bad at the game, clearly this is the game's fault

At this point why even bother?
What is the point of all of this If I can't go fast without hitting a wall every 5 seconds?

The game is shit by design user, sonic is meant to run fast, not to run hit a wall, run hit another wall, run hit yet another wall etc.

Spin dash is old and busted. Boost is the modern hotness.

Most of the post-Genesis Sonic games are no where near as bad as people make them out to be (Shadow, 06, and Boom not withstanding, obviously), but people are too neck deep in memery to ever admit it.

No fuck you Adventure 1 spindash is where its at lads

>I am a retard who can't go fast without hitting a wall every 5 seconds

>He fell for the gotta go fast meme

Spin dash is more satisfying than instanly boosting.

>I am a contrarian gay nigger who plays unfun games for the purpose of a false sense of superiority on a mongolian shit flinging forum

>At this point why even bother?

It's... it's a platforming game? Typically in those games you're supposed to jump over obstacles, such as springs that send you in the wrong direction. I realize that boost2win doesn't have much in the way of obstacles outside of brief 2D sections, but surely it's not that difficult to jump over a simple spring?

>What is the point of all of this If I can't go fast without hitting a wall every 5 seconds?

You can, assuming you don't have the reflexes of a sloth on heroin. Sonic 1? Sure, it's not geared as much towards going fast since at the time they were still trying to figure out what to do with the series. But Sonic 2 and 3 absolutely can be played at sanic speed without much effort. The best part is, you have complete control over Sonic and can stop any time you like. If you're an absolute madman, you can even backtrack and explore since there's no scripted events and boost pads constantly propelling you in one direction. Pure insanity, I know.

Now, I realize you're just baiting, (and rather poorly at that, maybe apply yourself a little?) but people like this actually exist, and it baffles me to no end.

Inb4 "wow every opinion you don't like has to be bait haha get a load of this nerd" Yeah nah, you're not fooling anyone friendo. Try /v/, that's probably more your speed.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Consider taking a break from the internet for a while.

I just figure some accident happened at some point and he went from classic costume with glasses to roboticized with the red eyes and that jumpsuit

I'd like to imagine it resembled the immolation scene from episode III

heroes, shadow, colors and gens are not adventure games by virtue of having nothing in common with the gameplay, and only heroes and shadow are directly related to the story of adventure

06 is a rebranded adventure 3
unleashed is a non-numbered spiritual sequel i.e. "world adventure".

06 is the best 3D sonic

But what about Silver?

A son of Sonic and (judging by haircut) Jet.

Can birds and mammals mate?

I would like to say "Transformed is not a good racing game and the first two Riders games are better" but there's enough shitposting going on already.

Did you just admit to your post was going to be a shitpost?

That Sonic guy sure is fast. What's his secret?

Speed laced chilidogs.

Be completely honest with yourself, when is a post in /sthg/ NOT a shitpost?

Wow nice shitpost faggot.

Aw jeez, gunna go start a new board on 4+Veeky Forums now that this general is ruined

We might have more information about the Upcoming Games during the Sony's E3 Presentation.

Source: Sega's Japanese Twitter.

Jokes on you that general is ruined too, I'm gonna make my own Sonic discord with blackjack and hookers.

Same Guy
Also Expect to hear about Mania's release Date at E3 too.

who is eggmans Padmé?
>inb4 vanilla, who is still alive

youtube.com/watch?v=yipmpnti2o8
"Sheeple is a negative term. We prefer sheep vilagers"
Alright, I am sold on Boom.

lel, it might be aimed at wee kiddies, but its actually got a lot of great puns.

Plus Sticks is cute as a button!
I'd love to hear how she sounds having a sexy orgasm

Or he could've just put on another jacket just because.

knux at the end of that clip sounded just like Jerry from Rick 'n Morty.

>get a job and fix your marriage, Knux

>pink undershirt
Robotnik is fabulous!

>1:18
youtube.com/watch?v=V6yhdMPaSig
This is the 3rd Playable Character

>tinfoil hats

10/10