Who has the best Gasoline?

Who has the best Gasoline? I've heard that Shell and Chevron are at the top because of the additives they put in. Chevron's got the best 87 and 89 Gas because of their Techron and Shell's got the best 91 gas because of V-
Power Nitro +. Thoughts and Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDL9bdp6u9A
toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15660567/#q15660567
cases.justia.com/iowa/court-of-appeals/2-908-12-0441.pdf?ts=1354205092
ripoffreport.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chevron for that 94

Nah, Shell puts that V-Power stuff only in their Premium. V-Power is better than Chevron's Techron.

Shell doesn't sell 94 where I live only Chevron

Costco

Costco Gas is shit. Source: I used to use it.

Why do you think it's so cheap?
No Free Lunches in this World

>tfw I use Sam's club gas
STOP BULLYING ME

Hey, it's your cars valve's that get clogged, not mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=DDL9bdp6u9A

Does anyone know who has the best 87 octane. My car uses 87 and I've always wanted to find out. I know everyone says that Shell is number one but Shell only puts their additive in Premium. Chevron puts Techron in every gallon of every grade. Anyone know?

Sonoco, that's why everyone in NASCAR has to say it every other sentence.

I'm talking about regular gas not racing fuels.

>Hey, it's your cars valve's that get clogged, not mine.
b-but I buy the 91 octane

Still Sonoco. NASCAR wouldn't use it if it wasn't best across the board.

What is the use of 89?

Who's second because Sonoco isn't in my state? Shell or Chevron?

That's what I'm wondering!

We're talking about normal gas that you buy for a normal car you autist

All gas comes from the same loading rack, the only difference is the additives they put in.
Source: I used to deliver said gas

Ok, well which company has the best additives?

I don't know I don't bother with additives, shit doesn't matter.
All I put in my car was additive free gas and it has shiny ass pistons that looked brand new at 250k miles.
The cars tune gas more to do with carbon buildup than the gas id say.

Sonoco 87 octane. I heard it on NASCAR.

Cars tune has *

Good to know, thanks

Isn't Shell's Gas Nitrogen enfused or some shit? How could it come from the same pipe?

I never delivered shell, they have their own trucks and don't contract work out to other trucking companies afaik, but I'd imagine that's just an additive as well.

Who'd you work for? Just curious, I used to haul gas for Western Refining.

I get all of my gas here. Top tier for the lowest price.

More than one company, last was wasatch tank lines tho

We don't have Kwik Stars in Arizona.

Since we're taking about gas, how about gas station hot dogs?
Rate them.
Best: maverik, pilot, quicktrip
Worst: flying j/mortons, arco

no one likes you

Looooooooool thanks for the (You) and thanks for exposing your rustled rear

as an aussie, I never realised that there was anything below 91 octane. Over here it goes 91, 94, 98.

You use a different rating system, US uses RON+MON divided by two, everywhere else uses straight RON
It all has the same resistance to detonation, just rated differently.

tbfh burger gas station food is a sad, sad joke compared to what europoors get on the highway
where ever did you find additive-free gas? retail gasoline requires a minimum level of additives due to government regulations. 'top tier' is another such standard over and above government minimums but the extent to which it is better is difficult to determine
honestly if someone in nascar has to say something every other sentence, it's probably because money is changing hands as part of a sponsorship deal
this is an interesting argument for shell

honestly in my experience my suspicion is that there are only a few refineries that produce retail gasoline, especially here in the land of maple syrup and high prices. the quality of your gasoline probably has to do a lot with which refinery or refineries the station does business with, which will vary based on your location. i would expect that how well the particular franchise owner maintains his shit probably factors in to it as well. personally i just buy my gas from costco because up here it's usually 50-70 cents cheaper a gallon for premium

Costco gas is top tier and has a decent additive blend.
Source: I used to drop the additives myself.

I'm just fucking around, I've never gotten gas at Sonoco once. Watching NASCAR is just sad, especially with commentators name dropping sponsors out of place for no reason so often. Do the sponsors not realize that drives people away?

Might as well consider gas a homogeneous good. They are all the same for most intents and purposes.

I get shell because of the fuel rewards that gives me 5 cents off a gallon for doing literally nothing

>quality has to do with the refinery it came from
This is correct. My old man was an engineer for chevron working in both oil fields and refineries for 30+years
Pro tip; Costco gas is the worst you can buy across the board

gas is a homogenous good beyond the additive package.

if you buy top tier gas then you buy gas that meets the standards of quality for BMW, GM, Fiat Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi, among others.

If a gas station is top tier then all grades (octanes) of gas meet top tier standards:

the only thing to consider potentially is ethanol free if you drive an older vehicle, drive certain types of vehicles (e.g. snowmobiles), want to use it in an appliance with a small engine (e.g. generator) or will keep the gas for a long period of time (e.g. in a gas can, not to be used for a long time). top tier gas doesn't have to be ethanol free.

in NY it's only 3 cents a gallon and they charge so much more for the gas vs. similar competitors that it's not worth it. hell, my credit card gives me 5 cents back per dollar at any gas station. the additional 3 cents per gallon isn't worth keeping another plastic card in my wallet. BP is similar but lets you register your credit card so swiping your credit card automatically applies your rewards for earning/redemption.

Are you buying 87? If so that's why, 87 you get 3 cents, 89 you get 5, and 93 you get 10.

Little known fact: Costco is a top tier gas licensed brand.

I generally buy 87 octane, there's a posted discount of 10 cents for 93 if you buy at least 10 gallons but no mention of an increased discount for top tier

but I try to fill up more often at sunoco (which is the gas station at most rest stops on garden state parkway/new jersey turnpike) or costco (just over the border in connecticut, 93 octane at Costco in CT is 10-15 cents cheaper than 87 octane at shell in NY).

here
>increased discount for top tier
whoops, top tier on the brain. shell doesn't mention a 5 cent discount for midgrade octane

when I do end up going to shell the family usually has about 70 cents to $1.30 off a gallon in stop & shop grocery points so I use that instead most of the time.

Not every single drop of gasoline that you get from a Costco pump is tested and ensured to be Top tier

pretty sure that's true of every gas station senpai

Really?
You're really gonna go that route?

I'm gonna need you to go rate gas station sushi sold by indian managers.

Love's is bretty gud, and they usually have a decent variety.
>gas station sushi
user...

I've always prefered Mobile. Chevron is good. I don't like Shell and they get their oil from Venezuela.

>Veeky Forums

still you can convert one number to another
91 AKI is equivalent to 95 RON which is the worst you can get in Europe except for I think Germany where you can get 92 RON which is about 87 AKI

Top Tier gasoline brands have varying amounts of detergent additive up to 4X the required minimum. Cosco states on their website they use 5X the required minimum.

>tfw have had no issues with cheapo unbranded haji gas and just put in a bit of MMO in there every month
Why are you guys falling for this "premium" jew?

Roller dogs may be old, but I like them because their skins are a bit dried out, so they have a better snap than hot dogs that were boiled. Grilled dogs are better if done right but often they get too burned and become last place for me.

>how about gas station hot dogs?
>Rate them.
>Best: maverik, pilot, quicktrip
>Worst: flying j/mortons, arco

I prefer costco or sam's club hot dogs not just because they are bigger, but they also come with a large drink. It definitely costs less than the gas station dogs.

Since both costco and sam's club have gas stations and hot dogs, they should be included even though you have to get the dogs inside their storefront. In my area, both Costco and Sam's use their hot dogs plus large drink combo at $1.59 as a sort of loss leader to get you to come inside the store. Costco loses $88 million dollars per year on the rotisserie chickens, but that is their other loss leader.

>Who has the best Gasoline?
Who has more ethanol in their premium especially at NON-top tier gas stations? Ethanol has a higher octane number and can be used to raise the octane number. Ethanol has a lot less energy than gasoline, so that means the fuel has less total energy.

Funny that things like qwik mart gas are so called top tier.

I'm not ever getting gas there

This top tier shit is a complete insider shill operation, where you paid a fee to get on the list to trick normies

Chevron is superior and I drive out of the way for it. I used to only use v power but I can get 25 extra miles out of a tank of chevron.

Whatever is the cheapest and has lots of traffic (fresh gas).

I put 2oz supertech TCW-3 in my gas each fillup and that ashless oil has plenty of cleaning properties. Engine runs quieter with the subtle fuel system lubing and with the head off things look new.

>This top tier shit is a complete insider shill operation
Then that means you are calling Costco a liar. While one can easily distrust the "big oil" companies, at least Costco has been a consistently good company run with benefits to its membership in mind. It's quite different from Sam's Club which is more geared to simply selling whatever it can do so profitably.

>This top tier shit is a complete insider shill operation

But other organizations have investigated and determined Top Tier gasoline is a good thing. It is NOT a standard made by gas companies to sell products. It was created by a group of car manufacturers concerned that the EPA (after lobbying by oil companies) created a minimum standard that was too low for modern engines. So it's the opposite of shill since it compelled the gas companies to have fuel of better standards and more consistent quality. It also put an end to the use of ethanol above 10% being used to boost octane.

AAA is a reputable car consumer support organization. Consumer Reports is a reputable consumer support organization known for both reviewing products and product investigations.

Check out the archived thread on Top Tier gasoline. It has plenty of explanations.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15660567/#q15660567

Really, so Chevron Premium is better too. I know that Chevrons 87 and 89 beats Shell.

I've got a V6 Engine. Do I need Premium or no???

>I have feet, do I wear shoes or shoes?

What I'm trying to say is if my V6 engine would benifit in any way from switching from 87 octane to 91 octane?

Agreed, roller will always be superior, wish I could make them myself but the investment is large and it's just not practical.

Man I love those sams club hotdogs, Hebrew national and Nathan's iirc, at Costco and sams club.
Excellent hot dogs also they have those pretzels and churros and stuff.
I often go into sams club even tho I don't have a membership card, I just tell them I'm going to the cafe and they let me pass.

I'm right there with you, Costco food is the best. I used to go to Sam's Club to get some food until I found out one of the workers was jizzing in the ice cream machine at the one near me. I dont go there anymore.

What car?

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

What the actual fuck? How did you find that out?

Just use the lowest octane, your engine isn't 'built' for high compression/advanced timing or overly lean conditions, so the ECU couldn't give two fucks. Save your money, run 87.

If it makes you feel better, run 91.

I'm not in the business of throwing money away. I'm gonna go with the 87 octane. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any performance but if it's no gonna make a difference, why waste the money.

Lucky me, I have 4 Sunoco stations within 10 miles of my house.

Damn man, hell you live at?

Gas aint even a question my niggas my asshole so wide it aint gunna make a damn sound.

It'll say on your gas cap and/or owner's manual if you need to use high octane gas. My BRZ says to use premium unleaded, meaning the highest octane I can find (91 in Cali). The dealer also told me that the car needs premium gasoline before I drove it off the lot, but maybe that dealer doesn't suck complete ass. If your car does not require high octane gas then you are wasting money getting high octane gas

Scandinavia also has 92 RON, although it's mostly used to power older shitboxes.

>Who has the best Gasoline?
The same pipeline delivers different fuels since a signaling "plug" separates substances in the pipeline. Thus the same pipeline can deliver low sulfur fuel to a set of storage tanks, higher sulfur cheaper fuel to a different set of tanks, and proprietary fuel for a certain brand to yet another set of tanks.

Gasoline is a mixture. It is not a uniform product. Besides the idea of "adding" with additives, things like sulfur are also subtracted from it thru refining. At some point, refining stops when the mixture is good enough to sell. It varies by manufacturer since they own different refineries and the ingredient percentages vary all the time because the crude oil sources are highly variable in content.

Thus pipeline gasoline from refineries will vary in the amount of other solvents and impurities mixed into it. Top Tier gas doesn't use MMT or Ferrocene. Top Tier octane is boosted by ethanol, toulene, and xylene.

Gas formulations change. Here is ARCO year 1998 gasoline:
Ethanol: 0 - 10 percent
Benzene: 1 - 5 percent
n-hexane: 1 - 2 percent
Cyclohexane: 0 - 2 percent
Ethylbenzene: 1 - 3 percent
Toluene: 7 - 14 percent
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene: 0 - 5 percent
Xylene: 8 - 15 percent
MTBE: 0 - 15 percent
Gasoline mixture: XX remaining percent

ARCO year 2012 gasoline:
Benzene: 0 - 3 percent
n-hexane: 1 - 2 percent
Cyclohexane: 0 - 1 percent
Ethylbenzene: 0 - 2 percent
Toluene: 4 - 11 percent
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene: 0 - 3 percent
Xylene: 4 - 11 percent
Naphthalene: 0 - 0.5 percent

ARCO year 2015 gasoline:
Benzene: 0 - 3 percent
Cyclohexane: 0 - 1 percent
Ethylbenzene: 0 - 2 percent
Toluene: 4 - 11 percent
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene: 0 - 3 percent
Xylene: 4 - 11 percent
Naphthalene: 0 - 0.5 percent

The above data is what the company furnished to the US Government as a matter of public record.

He got some salty cream in his cone.

>I often go into sams club even tho I don't have a membership card
Your access may also depend on your state's laws. In my state, no pharmacy selling to consumers may limit access to members only. It's a semi obscure law and probablly the door checkers may not realize it. I tested the Costco door checker and was refused access to the pharmacy until i showed my card. Does a law help you if the door checker doesn't remember all the things in that costco employee training binder?

Anyways, that means anyone can at least walk inside to go to the pharmacy, buy alcohol, or use the eyecare prescription services since most (if not all) states do not allow membership clubs to restrict access to medical type services.

Google the following phrase "can warehouse clubs restrict access to pharmacy from non-members?" to see what items costco and sam's are required by law to allow non-members to purchase without extra fee. Also, things that are subsidized by taxpayers are not allowed to be restricted.

I have an expensive HMO on a corporate plan. But the Sam's Club eye exam was more thorough and better performed for up and down eye movement focal length changes. Sam's fixed what my HMO did not. I will go to Sam's eye care from now on. Since I have both sam's and costco memberships, I'm tempted to see if the prescription lens selection is better at costco.

Very Well Written. So do you know which companies exactly have the best gasoline?

Whoever sells Top Tier branded fuel.

>not this thieving bastard.
>mfw the tanker drivers ratted him out.
>tenk yoo, please come again!
>sad really, he served a mean roast goat sammich.

>gasoline

Ranbir Thankur seems to have had financial pressure on him (bad hotel purchase) due to excessive greed elsewhere causing him to use his two gas stations fraudulently to make money.

cases.justia.com/iowa/court-of-appeals/2-908-12-0441.pdf?ts=1354205092

Nothing on him at:
ripoffreport.com/
But then again, not that many people use that site to document unsatisfactory dealings.

The only two gas stations near my house are GetGo (owned by giant eagle)
And ExxonMobil, GetGo is ten cents cheaper per gallon for 87 and 89, how bad is GetGo gasoline exactly? And how bad is ExxonMobil?

Only you know what gas your local franchise operator provides to you. It's possible he cuts corners to make extra profit by getting cheap gas and selling it as top tier. see Top Tier gasoline sets limits on the amount of sulfur compounds. Cheap gas has no similar limits. Since there is a lot of high sulfur crude oil out there, it stands to reason that there will be cheaper gasoline made that has a lot more sulfur content than gasoline refined to top tier standards for sale to top tier stations.

So where does that higher sulfur gasoline go? Probably to walmart, sam's club, and supermarket gas stations.

Shell 91 nitro is all I use in my scooter, but damn quick trip heard up a mean jalapeno hot dog.

I knew there was something up with Costco and Sam's Club gas. No way they can be that cheap.

Who has better 87 octane?
Shell or Chevron?

While we are on the topic of gas, how do I find ethanol free stuff?

Wawa

jesus christ in australia 91 is the cheap trash fuel you put in your shitbox

Shell 87 with the 5c discount makes it cheaper than a non top tier gasoline, this is why I think shell does not meet a top tier quality in the 87.

>people think Costco gas is shit when their entire business model is being upscale and picking what they resell carefully
We used to sell product within Costco, do vendor song and dances that sort of thing. The requirements are not trivial and Costco has a lot of say in what you can even say let alone sell in their stores.
We were kicked out nationally for about a year and some change. They don't mess around.

Mobile because it's the cheapest/closest aside from a Chevron that's literally 20-30 cents more a gallon despite only being a mile away.

>hurr cornered that mile up the road market