FORD MAVERICK?

What is it like owning and driving a Ford Maverick from the 70's?

I am European, quite mad in love with old muscle cars and currently considering going to the US and importing a Ford Maverick. Are they good vehicles for spirited driving?

You've mentioned this like 20 times. They're the bottom of the barrel muscle car, not that that's a bad thing. They're considered a compact muscle car, which is probably a good thing if you live in Yurope.

Yeah, I just have never driven an old Muscle car, and since I am not in the US, getting to see one IRL is a very difficult thing to do.

I cannot afford any of the well known Muscle cars like the Mach 1, RT, GTO, Charger...etc.
How bad is the Maverick? Compared to a budget cars from the 80's, like a RX7 or a Miata?

it won't handle as well probably won't be as comfortable but it looks cooler

Check out Darts and Dusters too I guess, and Novas probably. They're all in pretty much the same class.

also bouncing off, check out plymouth satellites and generally all mopar b bodies made after 1970

Are their streets big enough for a b body?

idk, b bodies aren't all that huge over here, so i suppose it's massive there

> it looks cooler

Definitely, I'll probably wait till I visit US for holidays and see if I can rent a bunch of muscle cars to test drive.

I'll do some research, but all of those look awesome. I've seen H2 hummers and big 5.7L lifted trucks in here from American tourists, I live in the country side so I figure it should be ok.

be careful, big muscle cars like b bodies don't handle great when new, and after almost 50 years they will be quite the boat, and there is only so much you can do with their massive heavy engine up front, solid axle, and large dimensions, they'll take a sharp turn at 50+ but it wont be pleasant and i'd know

Out of all of those, the Maverick is the lightest one, right? I need something that can handle the twisties, not just a muscle car for show (They are all cool looking, anyway). I live in the country side, our roads are pretty curvy.

I live in germany with an 67 Caprice, ask me anything

Please, tell me everything.

>How did you get it?
>How much did it cost?
>Is it reliable?
>Maintenance? expensive?
>Is it fun to drive?
>Why did you buy it?
>What's the insurance cost?
>Fuel consumption?
>Does it get you pusseh?
>How bad is it in the twisties?
>Is it fast?
>Are you the ultimate alpha Germanbro, savior of Europe?
>Can it drift?

maverick a best

Looks freaking awesome

Isnt the emissions tax for a car like that like 15k? Ive considered going to germany or something to get a car because the market in my country is absolute shit but after calculating the taxes I always decided against it

I am trying to look for info about it, but can't find how much it would cost.

Bumperio for the GermanBro to respond.

Im not sure, you have to find your country's legislation on that, you can google your language's version of 'costs of importing cars from the US', it has probably been discussed to death on auto forums and the like.

But yeah, at least here in poortogal to make a foreign plate car legal you have to pay some taxes, the most relevant one varies depending on car's year (you get a large discount if the car is pre 2005), whether it uses gas or diesel and a few more things but the biggest is by far the emissions part of it, I was looking into a 90s celica and the emissions tax alone was around 40k but because the car was older than 05 it was discounted by 80% so all in all the tax ended up like 10-15k which is too much to get a shitbox.
This was from germany so I assume the sum is larger if the car is from outside the EU, also the emissions of a 70s american muscle car are probably a lot higher than the car I was looking at so you might be looking into an significantly larger tax.

Simple by mobile.de
Did cost me around 13k Euro
Reliable, well in the meanwhile yes. But its still a 50 years old car. Things are going to break.

Maintenance depends on your own skills, but parts (if avaiable) are mostly normal priced.
Of course its fun to drive, its a funcar.

Insurance costs like 250 a year for me.
Fuel is about 15-20 litres per 100km for a 5,7l V8
Woman dont care for cars, maybe some exceptions. Woman just want Money.

I can tell you more if you need

>be yurop
>want to drive a fucking 90s Celica
>that'll be $15k tax thx
literally sickening

They are avaliable in here, they are just a lot cheaper in germany so I looked into the costs of bringing it here, obviously not worth it, here they go for about 3-8k depending on the condition

What in the fuck, I have never heard of this crazy emissions tax here in Spain. There's a ton of old shitbox in here.

It is only when IMPORTING cars, like if you bring a car from another country you have to pay to get it registered in your country and the cost varies based on a few things, the most relevant being emissions, you dont have to pay tax to buy a car that is already registered in your country

Oh, I see. In that case it's a 14% max CO2 tax. So if I could buy a Maverick for 6k$ (5k€), it would only be 700€. Plus 2k transport, and 750€ for some retarded goverment labour stuff.
Pretty much, I could have a Maverick for around 8k. Let's say 9k to account for flight, eating and transport visiting America.

Crap, I forgot there's also a 21% tax. So, the Maverick would actually cost me around 10k.

knew a guy who put a 351 cleveland into his maverick. got to drive it a few times...was amazing.

Just get a capri dumbass

What's with the attitude?

Oh man, I want to drive test one so badly.

Good to hear, I was under the impression it was a lot more expensive, for 10-15k all in all it isnt that bad considering you get to do some tourism in the us too

My sister had a Maverick, I tried to find one recently and can only find rust buckets. They are really bad rusters, I hope you like working with metal..

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I don't think I have ever seen a American Muscle car short of Mustang GT here in Europe. They are so cool.

No idea how to weld, but willing to learn.