/loz/ -The Legend of Zelda General

SOON edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UvcoIyTDP8o
strawpoll.me/12949113
youtu.be/pAptKYGRkiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just lookin' at ol' Kasshiwa reminds me of the inexplicable fact that I don't hate any of the art in this game. I think that's a first. there's usually at least one little thing that really, really bugs me. Here the worst is that most human NPCs are slightly ugly, the zoras have suboptimal proportions, and the moriblins look weird. that's so little complaint I can't even.
Even all the outfits are great. I'm not hugely fond of the climber's outfit's knee-high pants and slipper shoes, or the overall meh look of the fireproof suit, but that's it. I think I've always had a lot more to complain about in the past.. who were the art directors on this one?

Which do you prefer

Stoic Zelda with emotional Link
or
Emotional Zelda with stoic Link

Spirit Tracks worked well.

Ridgeland tower is an absolute pain, I keep getting struck before climbing to the top

>Selmie
>"HAVE YOU COME TO SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE LEARNED?"
>You say "No!"
>"A-are you sure? I-it's not like I was expecting visitors anyway."

I feel bad.

when has the former ever happened?
hell, when have either of them had anything resembling a personality before SS?
oh did it? I heard zelda was kinda cute in that. i like the premise of her being an astral projection or whatever. honestly i want to like a lot about those ds games.

Why not both stoic? Have them go through some hardcore shit together.

So after finishing their training and after seeing what the Yiga have as far as defence could the Gerudo wipe out the Yiga, get the Thunderhelm and assassinate their leader

God, what kind of LIFE does she have? I mean yeah snowboarding is cool and popular but her house only has the one track, once you've gone down it, you've gone down it. the shields she sells are shit (try saying that multiple times rapidly) and apparently don't restock?
not only is she miles from civilization, she's right next to a few nasty monsters and there's nothing even resembling roads around there.

You've just reminded me I intentionally left the meteor rod in that shack at hebra's edge. just in case I need it.. but it feels like 'just in case someone else needs it' now that I know exactly where to find infinite of those.

maybe, but not without at least two casualties
and Riju wouldn't have that. The only thing worse than being the leader who lost the thunder helm (and couldnt do anything about a rampaging stormcamel) would be the leader who got some of her own soldiers killed trying to get it back. sacrificing lives just to satisfy her ego. that's how she'd see it anyway. it wouldn't be "for the people, to stop the camel" it'd be "to cover my shame"

goofy as he was, you couldn't beat the yiga leader without magnesis.

She's cute. She's a snappy dresser. She likes it cold.. and she owns her own home, albeit in a terrible neighb. This girl is prime waifu material. I'd trek up there for sure and bring her some flowers and firewood and shit. But she'd probably think it was a yeti attack..

She'd already lost Barta it's just Link saved her

For the final phase and Gerudo archers from all angles would deal with him considering he only shields one side

Guys how do I get a gerudo girlfriend?

Apparently walk up to them and ask confidently without fear.

In other words, you can't.

TP Zelda with BotW Pre-Calamity Link. They just stare at each other all day long.

yeah but she presumably infiltrated and got captured
in an all-out attack, they'd fight back. they'd be slaughtered, but i'm estimating two gerudo would get killed, and that's three too many for the Riju I know.
>Archers
I don't recall any. The Yiga on the other hand.. aside from their stupid tendency to teleport to the same spot they just teleported from, their archery skills are great. that thing where they hover slightly higher into the air to trick you, then hit you anyway..

the bows are used by the military, as well, and I gather some of the troops are archers. Karsh is a retired Archer from the Guard

Also when firing arrows at the guard they seem very good at parrying and blocking them

Be bold and hope her vaba didn't warn her about the things voe say

Has he said anything of note since BotW released? Any idea on what he's planning for future Zelda?

too busy rolling around in a pile of hookers and radishes

hm, okay. i'll buy that. yeah they do HAVE bows. it's just the only one I see is sitting unused in the guards' chamber.
sit outside the walls of the town playing your lute (ocarina in a pinch, but Gerudo bitches LOVE lute)
sing passionate serenadey songs until one of them (likely a young one. this is good) climbs up the wall to hear better
then flash her your best smile and customize the song so it's about her (pre-preparing lyrics about brown skin and red hair is advised)
you might not get her over the wall right away but she's gonna fling a garment at you by at least the second night if you've done it right
plus the desert is damn tolerable at night, climatewise. During the day, go snooze in the yakhchal with the ice blocks. the lady there gives zero fucks and she's nocturnal too.
keep this up, next time you pause to take a drink she should say something like "That's wonderful" then you ask her name, now you've got her hooked.
CAUTION: don't use these tips if you're a scumbag like in that one short story.. you know the one. had a car and a screen door in it. Seduction is only to be used by nice guys so the ends are able to justify the means. If you're creepy it just gives us all a bad name and makes all the moms burqa their daughters up and lock them indoors at night.

I seriously love how they have a yakhchal. It's little things like that that show how much research they put in. Like how the guardians resemble an 8-bit octarok and the shrines look like ancient nihonpottery upside-down

I wonder what happened to ruin most of the gerudo civ. The calamity shouldn't have really reached that far, not really. There's ruins dotting that entire desert, including the path to said icehouse (which apparently people have no trouble traversing regularly despite monster activity). what happened to all of it? It wasn't Naboris, that thing only just woke up.
I also wonder how they deal with moldugas.. I get this feeling you could build a molduga excluder, but i'm not sure how. they actually LIKE vibrations, so it's not like the antlion thumpers in half-life would do anything but draw them in. I guess you could turn those into sort of bug-zappers if you put one near a bunch of big spikes or molduga poison or something. Though I'm getting kind of ahead of myself as they don't seem to have the technology to build a big thumping machine.

She goes down the track and just soaks in the hot spring until she works up the nerve to climb all the way back up again.

Has anyone else been messing around with the duplication glitch? It's very satisfying to finally be able to have multiple Hylian Shields.

I only have one amiibo weapon (the sage sword from TP) but I went and cloned about a dozen of them.

With regards the ruins I have no idea but looking at the Gerudo architecture I'd say the current Gerudo didn't build them because they don't have that bursting out of the rock look

The Ice House actually had less monster activity before and Anche a high ranking member of the Guard was the carrier. Now they rely on whoever's desperate enough for cash because of the risk

I think there were more Molduga in the past and the Gerudo drove them to near extinction and now they both just stay as far from each other as possible. The fact that Molduga is used in medication suggests that when they're not busy dealing with a crisis the Molduga is either hunted or the troops do some pest control

duplication glitch?

youtube.com/watch?v=UvcoIyTDP8o

You're going to want maxed out bow slots and a bunch of lynel bows.

How do people find shit like this?

And I mean finding similar things in speed runs too. Is it just a matter of hours upon hours of "I'm just going to stand at this wall and blow myself up/shoot a missle/etc and see if I fall through said wall and into some dungeon/boss room/new weapon area" testing?

>Robbie spent 100 years learning to forge, forging, improving and perfecting the ancient armor
>you don't even wear it

All he cares about is the Rupees you gave him to carry on his research

I spent over 20k rupees on buying pictures from Symin

I use it all the time when I want to kill things fast. Ancient Proficiency + triple attack buff + Ancient Battle Axe++ is the most powerful combo in the game. Shreds through Lynels and even Calamity Ganon really quickly.

yeah that sounds like too much hard work

I thought I saw some comment that Zelda may "stay" open world from now on. Or at least the next game will be.

If you have the means it's not hard at all. The biggest hurdle is just having enough bow slots and being comfortable fighting lynels.

I mean he took down a guardian down on his own and made it his security bitch he doesn't need it

Same. When I realized how many weapons I had remaining I noped the fuck out and just bought the rest of the entries. That shit would have drove me insane.

It's funny how the entire Zora army got their asses handed by a single Guardian yet Robbie takes them out like it's no big deal and even trashtalks them.
Robbie is a badass

I wanted to hear or see how Rito, Goron and Gerudo deal/dealt with encroaching Guardians

Hylians seem to just run away and that's it

Where can I find some smug Links?

I mean, didn't he study them throughly before engaging them? That and he is a Sheikah.

Smug Hunter Link

So she's Riju's great grandmother and likely left her daughter to become a child leader just like Riju. This might be why there was no hesitation giving Riju the crown despite her age

Is there anything more fun than fighting a spear lynel while riding LotM and full guardian gear

In this case at least I can see how it might have happened.

>play the game for hours upon hours
>naturally build up a bunch of the best bows
>give them to a bunch of enemies for the hell of it

In this situation weird things are likely to be noticed. You throw all your multiarrow bows on the floor and the bokoblins all snatch them up, rendering them stationary and closeby.

Maybe the guy who discovered this just simply thought to pump a bunch of enemies with as many projectile-firing junk as they could to see if the game starts creaking any, which sounds plausible too.

Doing it at night in Radiant Armour

10000 symbolizes an unspecified large amount, a myriad. We don't know how accurate Impa's numbers are. It could be 2000 years as well.

>If the player has the bow and the bomb equipped, and presses both the bow and bomb buttons at the same time, Link will shoot the arrow with a bomb attached. Bomb arrows in this game are thought by some to be a glitch; however, this has never been confirmed nor denied by the developers.
I totally forgot that LA was the first game that had bomb arrows.

On top of having bows their bows are long range. The Yiga can fire multiple arrows in quick succession but they'll be outranged by the Gerudo.

Once they pierce through to Kohga's chambers, Buliara will take him on with support from archers who's taken position around his sanctum.

Riju won't be keen on their losses but if they ever intend to counter or control Naboris then it's necessary. If she can't put on a strong front in dark times then she won't make a very good leader. Also relying on foreign agents is a disgrace to the Gerudo as several say despite their gratitude

Do gerudos have any weakness at all?

>Alcoholism
>foot pain
>meeting parental expectation
>the lack of acknowledgement by their professional peers
.shitty work/life balance

I knew baking 300+ apples would eventually pay off somehow. I will make this woman's dreams come true.

They are on their honeymoon
Stop trying to cuck him out of his baked apple smelling pussy.

Why is Gerudo Link so cute??

Not as cute as playing as a Gerudo Link

T-Tetra is best girl!

>tfw you find your waifu wandering Hyrule

Forget Zelda and Mipha, my heart has always belonged to Rain

>Using a shitty spotted horse
You disgust me.

All it takes for the Gerudo to take over the kingdom is for a Gerudo voe or vai to seduce the the king or queen resulting in all the children in their line being Gerudo

Am I the only one that didn't enjoy Spirit Tracks? Just makes me want to replay Phantom Hour Glass

This could've easily been a Skyrim reference but I'm glad it isn't

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

I liked ST but I agree PH is better

falling trees

>/loz/
thanks asshole

>hate that smug ass red fish fuck
>hate the fucking volleys of lightning arrows
>hate all the fucking electric keese
>cant climb or skip shit in the zora gauntlet
>remember an user from awhile back who said he skipped it all from going around
>replicate it without gale
>its like magic

stoic Link is the best because he won't react in a way I don't want him to

Do you guys feel BotW is overrated or do you feel it deserves all the praise it gets? I think most of us have finished the game and stepped away from it for a bit

strawpoll.me/12949113

>we'll never get to see Zelda's reaction to Link crossdressing to introduce her to Riju

Rito probably burned their bridge and sat out the whole thing.
Gorons probably fought them using the terrain, considering how many dead Guardians are sitting in the lava. Although there's still a couple active Guardians patrolling the main roads up there, so maybe they just roll past them.
Gerudo might have managed to block the canyon or something to stop them from entering the desert. There are some Guardians patrolling the high mountains around the desert, so that might be how far they got.

It's sort of sad to see that one Guardian who still keeps on truckin', fucking up everyone in sight while all the others around him are long dead.

>Zelda will never say "no way fag" to you

Do they say anything different in the domain?

there are flying guardians though

There's a whole different cutscene with Sidon

I find it more eerie to find a single dead guardian in some remote place or one or two dead guardians hanging around a live one. It's freaky

Implying Link won't just get some kind of Stone Mask from Kilton or find out that's how the Yiga got in and use the mask himself

I give up.

I tried tracking a Korok sword with the smartphone for days.

explored all caves, all high korok areas, all around the woods

its just... there are only like 3 of them in the game.

fuck man

Don't you get one for one of the korok trials?

I'm sure there must be atleast one in the great deku tree area.

It took me 200 hours to start feeling the sort of fatigue that usually sets into these games after 15. And I still apparently have a bunch of little nooks and crannies in the overworld that I haven't come across yet. AND when I replay it I'll go about it in an entirely different way.

Yeah, this game deserves the praise. It's something special. I'd even say that some who have begun acting especially critical towards it have unwittingly started taking a lot of its successes for granted.

It's crazy that this is the game that Nintendo chose to follow up Skyward Sword with.

I'm so on the fence about how I feel about this game. And when I say that I mean between and "once in 10 year gaming experience " vs just a very good game.

I think about everything I love about the game and then remember the underwhelming Sidequest and the fact that most of the exploration just nets you Korok Seeds and Shrines. The latter of which I don't seem to mind, but on another playthrough I might? I dunno.

How do I change a horse's gear?

Dying Hylian pants white makes everything look so much better. Especially Champion Tunic.

Black is the best color for those pants. Looks good with many different outfits.

You get one once.

after doing the trial he takes the bow/shield/sword back

>cant dye amiibo armor
this totes legit sucks

i want black or white fierce deity armor

A player gives Riju her own pet Lizalfos

youtu.be/pAptKYGRkiY

Yeah, but he allows you to redo it, with, I'd presume, the same weapons.

he takes them away when you repeat the trial

>hot springs with Selmie
yes please

Yes, he does.

The dude didn't say anything about keeping it (or even why he needs it), and that's a way to get one, so end of.

>ganon defeated
>2 beasts
>13 hearts
>3 extra stamina vessels
>acquired master sword before second beast
>seeing white lynels in all regular spots now
welp, this used to be a blue lynel spot but now its a white lynel spot

I've got a black pair too. And a light yellow pair (because it makes the boots darker)

dragon fangs.

shoot them in the mouth?

Shoot the claws.

What other clothing would you like to see show up in future dlc?

interesting theory. true the current gerudo city looks kind of unusual and weirdly natural. but the ruins look like the OoT stuff so I think they're just an older style.
also I was expecting the scaffolding and lights on the heroine statues to come into play somehow, as if they were being researched, but I almost think they're being worked on / refurbished.. if i didnt know better i'd look at it and say they were currently being built.
also i didnt get for the longest time that those were the heroines, i thought the sword-pointing ladies were. and i love that they're holding actual swords you can grab.
i already / usually have lots of lynel bows. the annoying part is having to sacrifice so many item slots just to do this, because you've gotta have a bunch of open weapons.. but i guess royal bows and shields are easy when you have amiibo so i shouldnt get so attached to them