Who the fuck actually enjoys the styling features of these hot hatches? Look at the Golf GTI, Type R, WRX STI, RS, etc...

Who the fuck actually enjoys the styling features of these hot hatches? Look at the Golf GTI, Type R, WRX STI, RS, etc... it all looks ridiculous and childish. It pains me because the performance is there and on paper they are otherwise great cars but fuck man why can't you just wrap that up in a nice 3 series looking package instead?

I agree with the ctr and rs, but the others don't look too bad user.

>I don't like it that means no one can

I like my MPS

>inb4 fwd bs

learn to tune your car nerds.

>why do you like these things?
>why can't you like a completely different fucking car?

That isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is why is this type of performance only found in these shitty looking cars? Why can't they just put RS specs or Golf R specs in a 3 series landbarge? That is all I want.

because those would be shit specs.
the appeal of a hot hatch is that they're small, light, and fun to throw around. or that's what they should be. modern ones are shit.

>RS and CTR ricing correlates with with the debut of that model in North America
really makes you think

Why does it look like a bloated fishy

Because it belongs in the bottom of the sea.

>Why can't they just put RS specs or Golf R specs in a 3 series landbarge?
Pretty sure you can get the 3-series with 350hp and AWD if you want.

And the C-Class, and the A4/A5, and so on.

Wut?

3 series and similar cars have always had this performance or more, 335ix, M3 etc Its been this way for over 2 decades at least.

You are completely missing the point of a 'hot hatch'

>WRX STI
>hot hatch

What did he mean by this?

>3 series looking package instead?

Beamer fag detected; BTFO his shitty land barge gets raped by turbo econoboxes

Because hatchbacks have good utility function

i think the BMW m135i looks good and drives pretty well, nevermind the impracticality of no backseat space

I'm not a fan of hatchbacks, I wish VW would do a version of the Jetta with AWD and Golf R power.

Here ya go.

I don't want to pay extra for an Audi badge, I would rather save money and have a well equipped VW similar to the latest models of the Golf R.

kek

It's pretty annoying how hard VW protects the Golf, the Scirocco, Seat Leon and Skoda Octavia all get the same engine as the Golf R but they take off about 5hp and remove the AWD.
Especially annoying since they do make a Jetta GLI and a Scirocco/Leon/Octavia with GTI drivetrain.

I agree, it's lame. Hatchbacks are obviously practical but I do not like the appearance of them and greatly prefer sedans.

I have a 2016 GLI and it's okay but I would gladly have paid extra for an AWD "Jetta R" if such a thing existed.

I guess you'd have to weld in an (R)S3 sedan floor pan and swap all the drivetrain bits over.
Cool project for some big magazine or shop, but not something you can easily do in your garage.

>Ford never made an AWD TUrbo version of the RS
>ever

why are you all so gay

at that point I'd be better off just buying an RS3, which is honestly $15,000 more than I'm interested in paying for a car.

STIs look sweet. Fuck off faglord

But fake AWD is garbage, I'd rather have pure FWD than haldex.

I think this looks pretty good.

Although it's not really a hot hatch anymore. More of a warm hatch.

It's a Golf GTI in a liftback body.

It a Golf GTI with more space, and better styling. And it's cheaper.

I just wish they made a more powerful version. Although the new 245 version looks good. Focus ST territory. But still, not really hot hatch territory anymore.