Is a Miata all I or anyone needs who is in their 20s?

Is a Miata all I or anyone needs who is in their 20s?

>don't have much friends except 2 or 3 friends
On of their cars gets broken down so I can give a lift.
>excellent fuel economy at 33mpgs max
>enough pace for one person in car
>small enough so city driving is awesome enough
>highway riding must be good
>RF version looks bonkers
>enough power

What are the disadvantages to owning a Miata?

Literally the only downside to owning any generation of miata is the incessant gay jokes made by flatbill equipped mustang drivers.

It's so fucking irritating that I'm considering selling my miat a and getting an aw11 instead.

I love the car so much but it's for real so irritating when your entire family makes fun of your car for hours at holiday get togethers

> What are the disadvantages to owning a Miata?

Being a faggot

Hilarious and original

The only people who make fun of miatas never drove one. It you really care about the opinion of Mustang owners with short dicks then you should sell it. The people around me love my NA and asking for a ride all the time. On the other side it's just a weekend car for me and not my dailydriver but I enjoy this car a lot.
>pic related; it's mine

It hurts because it's true

> The people around me love my NA and asking for a ride all the time

things that never happened. of course penis size is relevant to a miata owner.

>dicklet detected

>What are the disadvantages to owning a Miata?

Everyone will recognize you for being an autistic faggot

>getting triggered by gay jokes

lmao faggot

I test driven a Miata and it felt like a cheap shitbox but with the additional (dis)comfort of being a convertible. Oh, and it's slow. Very slow.

You'll want to drive it all the time, ruining your life so that you can hit the touge at 2am every night. Miata+twisty roads is the heroin of motoring.

The only downside is practicality, 2 seats, small trunk. If your fine with that I would recommend getting one.

If you live somewhere that gets snow, then its not the greatest idea, but still do-able. I store mine in the winter (Canada).

This is rare for me, and why would you care about a mustang owners opinion? Doesn't bother me when my car friends call me gay, im not insecure like some people.

Older people love them and always tell me how much they like them and how they used to have one/wanted one. Most girls just see it as a convertible and therefore like it.

I'm 23, I figured might as well have something fun until i need something practical.
Pic is mine

It makes me mad because they spent more money on their car and it's more powerful and roomier but they don't even know the history or significance of it. They don't even realize that it's not fun to drive like a miata is. They're just mommy's boys using daddy's money to buy a fast car to go vroom vroom

>retard crashes into you at 40 mph
>die/be paralyzed

Why does their opinion matter to you though?

They sound like morons who don't know cars.

If you weren't a beta bitch and masculinity was present in your person at all, this wouldn't be an issue

But as it stands, you are a genuine fag

This desu. They're barely safer than mumbercycles

>tfw 22 with a kid so 2 seaters are completely impractical
That's why I drive a camaro :^)

>22 with a kid
>Drives camaro

Sounds right.

I don't know what this is supposed to imply. That I'm literally the fast and the furious?

>What are the disadvantages to owning a Miata?
I won't fit in with my 6'5 and 200 pounds.

I think he's implying that only Camaro owners have the ability to impregnate a woman, a concept foreign to a Miata owner.

>This nigga actually drives a fag mobile.

I think he's trying to say that you're white trash.

The disadvantages are that it’s a loud car, exposure to the sun can suck on a hot day (top up helps, but the A/C is weak as hell), a lot of passengers find it uncomfortable, and the trunk’s too small for check-in luggage. Carry-ons generally do fit, which makes it a much more useful car than the MR2 or Solstice/Sky. Not much passing power, either.

The noise makes it a lousy car for hour-long drives, let alone longer ones. That’s the only disadvantage that ever really bothered me. Still worth it.

How though? I'm making 70k a year, my wife's making 80k a year and we rent a house in the suburbs. Having a kid young means jack shit about a person.

>trading for a worse car
why

Wrong again, camaro owners are clueless aren't they? Explains why they ruin their lives and the lives of their children by being so fiscally irresponsible as to have a kid so young in the first place.

Yes.

Bought my NA when I was 25. Drove it daily for 9 years before we had kids. Hung onto it, did the minivan thing, drove Miata occasionally. Kids now have their own cars, I drive it a lot more again, now. I'm 51. It never did make me suck a dick.

This isn't a problem with the ND. Saw an ND RF at a car show and there was a constant group surrounding it asking the owner questions about what it is. More than one person thought it was a jag. When you say mx5, most normies don't even know that means miata.

No

>Two. Seats.
>maximum NVH for minimum weight
>less passing power than a family car. people don't like your car and will try to fuck with you on interstates, giving actual meaning to cutting you off. think powering infront of you going 80 and then forcing you to go 50 because "haha FUCK miatas"
>Ultra stiff sportscar ride makes typical city streets spine chattering
>RWD adds danger in low traction conditions and hard driving, not all people will correct oversteer right their first time and bam, that's the end of your miata, and possibly your life. FWD is popular for a reason - there's only a very slight chance you are takumi.
>if it's not a hardtop you're even deeper in the danger zone
>no ground clearance, borderline unusable in any actual winter and over some really shitty speedbumps
>cargo space equal to strapping a duffel bag to a CBR

It's biologically irresponsible to have a kid at any time.

If you're not making enough cash in your early 20s, you're never having a kid responsibly ever.

I wasn't gay before I bought my miata but now I can't resist the urge to suck dicks so watch out

>33 mpg
>excellent
I get 40 in a car that's bigger and more useful.

Also the highway riding in a Miata is absolutely awful because of the low weight, short wheelbase, sports suspension and noisy soft top.

Don't think you read my post. 22 minutes before that retarded remark.
How fiscally responsible are you?

is this bait?

ultra stiff? Everyone complains stock miatas, including the new ND are far too soft. You have clearly never driven or been in a stock miata, just stop spewing shit.

>less passing power than a family car. people don't like your car and will try to fuck with you on interstates, giving actual meaning to cutting you off. think powering infront of you going 80 and then forcing you to go 50 because "haha FUCK miatas"

Most people love the 'happy' look of a miata or just like the look of a small car/convertible
Not everyone drives on highways on a daily basis.

>RWD adds danger in low traction conditions and hard driving, not all people will correct oversteer right their first time and bam, that's the end of your miata, and possibly your life. FWD is popular for a reason

How much of a pussy are you?
FWD is popular bc its cheap and most people are not car enthusiasts.

>if it's not a hardtop you're even deeper in the danger zone
A hardtop doesn't add much safety at all in a miata, get a roll bar.

I get 22 mpg in my Miata. I get more in my bigger car because it doesn't beg me to keep the revs up.

Zoom zoom.

> drives slow fagmobile and enjoys the feeling the dominating power of a machine over him as he whips around corners

>Cheaper
>More Power
>not gay
>AWD skids bruh
>TURBOOOOOOOO
>lots of aftermarket potential
>Manual
>More alpha
>tssssuutuuutuutuuuuu
>BAWWWWWWWPPPPPP
>Did I mention TURBOOOOOO
>Impractical enough to still be cool

How can you even fathom an Evo being cheaper?
Evo = $35k
Mx5 = $26k

>Breaks down every 2,000 miles

>people say miatas are too soft

Super lol

thanks this post encompasses the average evo driver pretty well

I can see that with the nd desu. The nd is sharp. Wish I had the money to buy one.

>2011 21,000 mi
>2017 RF

If you're going to compare used versions I assure you a used Miata is still far cheaper than a equal condition/milage Evo

I've never driven a miata but the difference in how people treat me on the road between my EG civic hatch and my beat to shit POS lifted tacoma with steel tube bumpers is huge. cock sucker nigger faggots cut me off, tailgate me, try to block me EVERY fucking day in my civic. in my POS truck they just leave me the fuck alone. makes me hate driving my civic because every time i get out on the road i want to shoot a fucking spic for trying to fuck me in the ass. at least in my truck i can smash their fucking POS altima or whatever not give two fucks if insurance totals it.

I'm in a similar situation as you and daily a Miata no problem. The only downside is that there's almost no storage room.

Also the gay jokes are only made by jealous bus riders on Veeky Forums who think citing spreadsheet numbers makes them a racer. The only things I hear from actual people in real life are 'nice car!' or 'Hey a Miata! Those are fun!'.