Business Insider

Oh no! The iconic boomer brand will die.

What will they do with all of their shirts,mugs,stickers and F150 H-D Editions!

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/millennials-are-hurting-harley-davidson-sales-2017-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

millennials dont have disposable income to buy anything

Maybe if they got off their ass and worked for something for once they would.

BEGONE BOOMER

Go back to /pol/ grandpa

millennial's don't want to be associated with obese boomer wannabe sons of anarchy.

-you kids need to get off your asses and get an overpriced bike that leaks oil. hurrrhurhur durrr

I'll bait

Maybe if we didn't worked twice as much if not even more for the less we could spend our free time doing something productive and not resting from the slave workloads we get.

But it says millennial have no interest in motorcycles

So are they talking about sportsbikes too?

I applied to entry level positions at Costco and Amazon. They both told me I need a year of experience...

I see what youre saying but nah, just HD dogshit.

businessinsider.com/millennials-are-hurting-harley-davidson-sales-2017-7

More like millenials can't afford fucking anything lmao

boomers on Veeky Forums.. *shudders

Attention salty young art majors ITT who vent their anger and/or incompetence on older people in their online safe space:

I understand that the economy is much tougher than it was before. In addition, I see that the times have changed while the older men's attitudes didn't, so they are insensitive to your problems. I get that.

Now that I got that out of the way- stop crying and git gud, fAGGOTS! AHAHHAHAHAH

They need to start making power equipment (generators, mowers, etc) like the other mall engine shops.

This is a good idea

their tendency to leak oil will prevent rust

Boomers cant see that ppl don't want to be a debt slave like they were working in daddys factory.

Travel, enjoy experiences VS. buying a HD bike so I can get away from my nagging wife on the weekends.

choice is very clear here.

People keep echoing this, I don't think they understand Harley is universally recognized as shitty at making engines. Nobody would buy a Harley mower or generator. The brand's image is too far gone.

It was always going to happen.
Each generation is smarter than the last, so we were bound to reach a point where we all grew smart enough not to make really obvious bad lifestyle choices like riding bikes.

Each generation is getting dumber since the 1850s

Stupider poor people now have higher birth rates than rich smart people

Millennial motorcyclist here. I ride a jap Cruiser because Harley's are fucking terrible.
>800cc power level from a 1100cc
>pigfat
>leaky
>EFI is still a new idea for them

I will say that HDs sound really good... but that's about all they do.

>Harley is universally recognized as shitty at making engines.

By who? Your grandpappy reminiscing about the AMF days in the 70s? My 92 has almost 100k on it and has never been rebuilt.

>big bang firing turd
>sounding good

>I ride a jap Cruiser because Harley's are fucking terrible

Just be honest.

It's always been like that.

The difference is that you need to look at what people spent money on during those years compared to these years.

If you don't purchase that new flat screen, new computer, new phone, new over priced shoes, over priced coffee, $200 a month of useless Amazon shit, etc, you could afford a dream car.

In the 20 years I've been working, I've probably done twice the amount of work you have and gotten nearly half the pay off.

Faggot.

>new overpriced shoes
lmao
Post your shoes.

>I applied to two jobs and didn't even get one!
>life is so hard guys!

Harleys are over priced garbage not to mention all the women in crossovers on the road who total a car once a year

>I've probably done twice the amount of work you have and gotten nearly half the pay off.

Yeah but fuck unions, amirite? XDDDD

And BAM! That is when you hit'em with the Harley Davideson branded fluids!

Nevermind that car ownership has gone up in recent years.It's all rose tinted glasses from folks of age. Most suburban families had one car in the parking lot than the average two these days. Most people still lived in cities and many didn't have vehicles anyway.

I could have bought a slightly older Harley for the same $4500 I spent on my current Fuel-injected bike, but didn't because my boomer dad has had Harley's (both new and used) my whole life, and constantly has little issues with them. Not to mention (much) cheaper insurance on japs vs. HDs.

Water boots and a pair of Sperry docksides. I repair my mocassins when I go to a nice party and they tend to last the party. I am normally barefoot.

But you got people that spend thousands on shows a year, yet they cry about how expensive gas is.

Those are just the two I applied to last week. They already sent rejection emails. I don't have the work history to get an entry level job. What do you do for a living besides shitpost? Post proof.

Are you in the middle of nowhere?
I see now hiring signs for full time jobs all over the place here in MA

if i lived anywhere in southern usa i would drive a motorcycle, they cost nothing to fill, cost nothing to buy used and nothing to insure

ameritards are retarded

Yes, rural Georgia. My round trip to high school and back was 45 minutes, we don't have traffic.

What do millennials do?

They don't drink, they don't smoke, they don't do drugs, they don't drive.....

Stop listening to dumb ass boomer and gen Xer made up statistics shitting on millineals.

casual sex
social media
weed lmao

Oh. Well my condolences my southern friend. Good luck with the search

So they replaced life with social media.
I see

>I ride a cruiser
Post assless chaps fagboy

not him, but I live in central
Last year I once went and applied to at least 40 different entry-level locations all across a shopping center close to my house, walking in the Texas summer heat for 5 hours, and none of them said a word back
In fact, it's only when I went to a car wash, where they literally don't fucking care if you disappear for a month, and said "hey, I need a job ASAP" that they went "alright, show up friday with your ID and SSD". Two of my coworkers sell weed to make ends meet, and at least 80% of the rest do drugs or drink to put up with it.
I fucking hate when boomer pieces of shit like yourself think that since you were able to get a job easy-peasy some 30-odd years ago, when the earth was literally half as populated as it is now, that it's suddenly our fault that we can't get a job because "we're not trying hard enough" and we're "just being lazy", when instead fucks like you don't want to stop sucking that monetary teat long enough to let us have our turn making the world go round. I'll be fucking happy when all these backward-ass old farts in suits finally kick the bucket and make the world a better place with their absence.
/rant

Thanks. Shit's rough when GAP turns you down.

Bro, are you Australian? Do you happen to know about Selegiline by any chance?

Costco employee here.
If you live near a busy store you can try and put in for a temp position during the holidays.
I forget when temp season starts but I wanna say September/October.
That said, I don't know if the experience rule still applies to temps.
If you do really well you'll get in. If not...well you have experience.

why are you bragging about this? this isnt something to brag about user, you should be ashamed you put forward all that effort and havent been properly compensated for it.

>it's another "asshole from New England thinks everything is better in his region and looks down on everyone else" episode

Thanks, how long did it take for you to get full time and in what state? I most likely will put in around October, that's what the hiring manager told me on the phone.

harelys are all fat overpriced dentist bikes now.

they don't have the image that they did when boomers were young. an image of being youthful rebellion.

millenials are poorer than X or boomers, or any other previous generation. it is hard to develop an interest in things like bikes. when you have a huge college loan to pay off, a sucky job, and high costs of living.

harely needs to put out like a $5000 400 cafe racer type bike.

>ABLOO BLOO BABY BOOMERS ARE THE REASON I CAN'T GET A JAWB AT MCDAGNALS

I'm only 22 but you're a fucking faggot. Kill you'reself

>I fucking hate when boomer pieces of shit like yourself think that since you were able to get a job easy-peasy
Settle down Cletus I'm 27. I'm sorry it's tough for you guys in GA. Maybe consider a moving to somewhere more populated.

Reminder that the Hells Angels founder thought BMW bikes were better and Steve McQueen preferred Triumph.
Boomer bikers BTFO.

I can't even get accepted for credit cards OR secured credit cards so I can start building credit. On top of that, I got pulled off my parent's health insurance when I moved out and can't apply until November. I'm not even 24 or whatever age the cutoff is. Here's some icing on the cake: I can't complete the fucking FAFSA to get financial aid because my parents have to fill out forms even though I'm not in contact with them.
God bless.

>all of these idiots with jobs
good job not investing in btc when it was cheap you dumb nerds

GA user here, that wasn't me.
I haven't tried credit cards and don't plan on trying them soon.

Where in any of my posts was I condescending or rude? I told him sorry and wished him luck with the search.

Sensitive bunch on here today

But that's wrong. I keep meeting people who bike.

Wrong, IQ, at least in America peaked in the 1950's.

Half the milennials I know are working 12 hour shifts in a shitty factory.

The other half are working 12 hour shifts in another shitty factory for half the pay because they're not union. Of course, the employee competence and workload stay the same, it's just the pay that's different.

Said milennials buy used sportbikes and RWD japanese drift missiles like candy.
>Wow, it's only $3000 dude i can save that in under a year! t. all of them.
I'm pretty sure this is actually Veeky Forums's primary demographic. Working class, trump voting milennials who drive nipponese shitboxes, pickup trucks, and used sportbikes.

It's just the upper class that has no interest in motorcycles, because they're more interested in watching netflix all day and wouldn't take a single risk in their lives, as their parents nailed this shit into their head for 20+ years:
>you are special
>nobody can replace you
>you are important because you are
>you are one of a kind
>you are a gift to this world
someone who believes that doesn't ride a motorcycle. they don't even drive a car. they demand an ultra-safe self driving pod or a train line.

That's before the dramatic immigration law changes in the 60's, of course

>Literally has to repair his one pair of good shoes to go anywhere in public, EVERY TIME he wants to go out.
> calls others idiots for actually owning a pair of working shoes like anyone in the first world.
Wew lad

Took me 8 years. Illinois.
FT really depends on if there's fulltimers transferring out or just staying put. In my case they started staying put so..
Anyways, don't be afraid to transfer if you think you'll have better opportunities at another warehouse or depot.

Just get a delivery driver job for awhile, no experience needed and pay is ok until you get sick of it.

He probably spends more than someone that just gets new walmart sneakers every six months

thanks, that's pretty long, or is it? idk how comfortable I'd be moving locations on a part time wage. I'm going up to my mom's house in Chattanooga, TN next week, I hope I'll have better luck with a job up there.

Well yeah sure minorities are have a lower IQ on average but white people have also been steadily declining.

i'm sure this has nothing to do with government decisions to include various minorities who often come from borderline third world countries where schooling ends at age 10 "white"

Seriously how expensive is a cheap pair of durable shoes? $30? Fuck I've had a $40 pair that's lasted 3 years and they're fine.

I don't really know, my warehouse is kinda different, it's difficult to move there unless you're on the front end.
You get decent money if you put the time in, even as part time, but it does take a while to get to the top of the pay scale.

Yeah you're right, it doesnt. People is just dumb.

Millenials still buy sportbikes (depending on the economy at the time), just not harleys. Groms and other small bikes are selling like hot cakes as well

Harley cant just make basically the same bikes marketing to the same people for 40 years then act surprised when their consumer base is getting to old to ride.

Meanwhile the middle aged and older guys are realizing that adventure/standard bikes can do everything a harley can only better, and you dont look like a sons of anarchy cosplayer while doing so.

This, actually. Props on a well thought out post that's actually related to the thread btw.

Make an account on Gilt. I picked up a pair of made in USA New Balance 996s for $100.

I like Ecco's personally but thanks for the recommendation those are nice.

I'm 21 without a completed college education and I've managed to jump a parade every 6 months for the last year and a half, all while at minimum not having a job for at most 2 weeks. You can't blame a system, you probably just don't know how to apply for a job or write a resume

Got u senpai

Also pricing - a fucking diavel costs the same as a soft tail or vrod, and those are just "mid range" harleys.

And its a cruiser that (while remaining comfortable) can also handle a corner and go almost 300kmph

It does, and our own degenerating education system isn't helping. If anything, it's making a bigger splash. The difference between someone with an IQ (by the WAIS-IV) of 95 and an IQ nearing 110 is education, due to its effects on plastic skills like vocabulary and language comprehension, working memory, and puzzle solving.

Much of the human mind is use it or lose it. Your genes only state how low and how high you can go.

Milennials can't afford any ducati that's not an 899 or a baby monster that they intend to sell before the first timing belt change

>tripfag is special
Who could have guessed?

More like user has 2 much autism 2 handle.

Basically seek professional advice

>mfw tested IQ of 146 in elementary school.
> fuck around and don't do much at all really
>feel increasingly less intelligent as time progresses

You may be right, I concede.

>analyst

>elementary
You took raven's matrices. Every sperg on the planet has gotten 130-150 on those and then ended up testing below 120 in adulthood because it's a simple test that is meant to prove that you are not retarded and little else.

Link the test?

Google it

Yeah just did actually, it wasn't the one o took, I actually had to manipulate physical objects and it was administered by my "gifted" teacher. Now that was a real joke. I wish I could find what test I did take though

more like HD is shitting themselves.

Why theyre trying to pander to blacks,latinos and women.

they've dug their own grave. They chose their demograpghic. White , fat boomers who work a 9-5 and riding a Harley is the epitome of their miserable life.

Coming from someone who lives near Milwaukee.

Not building credit will bite you in the ass big time. I recommend you start ASAP.

I was in the same situation, rejected from literally everything. But went to my local credit union and got a secured card there with a $500 deposit. I just needed to give them my last paystub (it was $100 for 2 weeks mind you, so you don't need to make much) and I got it that day. Consider that option.

>moccasins
This guy gets it, moccasins are god tier footwear. Stop buying useless shit and you can be rich too.

Jesus Christ everyone on Veeky Forums is a piss-poor baby, I'm only 20 making shittons of money at a low stress corporate job, with no degree or prior experience.

Life is easy if you aren't a useless incompetent autist, and can understand the difference in assets and liabilities.
Stop being degenerates

Good, nobody wants those shit grandpa bikes anyway.

I could have sworn I was reading all these stories about how motorcycle license holder numbers were going way up, although that might have been before gas prices crashed.

But in any case, it's certainly true millennials have no interest in Harley Davidsons. All the young people I know who ride have scooters, dual sports, and smaller displacement sports bikes.

As a 34 year old, I'd be embarrassed to own or ride a Harley. I can't think of any vehicle make/model that has such a strong cultural stigma. I might have said a Camaro or Corvette 15 years ago, but obviously those have really broadened their appeal since.

I have a crazy credit score, but that's because I don't borrow and don't need to (apparently the only way I could get it higher is by NOT paying off my credit card in full every month, since that'd make me profitable).

Building credit is a boomer meme, since young people have no reason to borrow. A mortgage is a suckers game with crazy inflated prices in urban areas millennials want to live / no millennial wanting to live in some far off burb, and car loans being unnecessary in the age of both reasonably rust-resistant reliable old cars and ride sharing.

If you're 34 and still worry about what other people think of your choice of motorcycle brand, you have much bigger issues to be embarrassed about.

You clearly have no clue how credit works. If you don't borrow frequently enough or you don't pay your balance in full every month, that gets reported to FICO, LOWERING your credit score. Your bank will think your profitable, but FICO doesn't care about profits, they look at good practices. So stop making shit up as you go.

>Building credit is boomer meme
You clearly are retarded and most likely a professional victim who blames boomers for his own issues.

Checked my credit for the first time recently when it showed us as a free feature on one of my banks apps (this is in Canada).

Had no idea what that score meant, so googled and found out that the only way a person can get it higher than that (above 800) is by not paying things off in full.

I actually want to see where you read this fact. I've tried looking and can't find it anywhere. Almost everyone is saying to pay your bills on time and to spend less than 10% of your available credit to get above 800.

BOOMER GENOCIDE NOW.

They call me Hot Topic user on /DBT/.

>I don't ride in shorts, this was just a glamour shot for normiebook