/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 12th:
254 – Pope Stephen I succeeds Pope Lucius I as the 23rd pope.
304 – Roman Emperor Diocletian orders the beheading of the 14-year-old Pancras of Rome.
907 – Zhu Wen forces Emperor Ai into abdicating, ending the Tang dynasty after nearly three hundred years of rule.
1191 – Richard I of England marries Berengaria of Navarre who is crowned Queen consort of England the same day.
1328 – Antipope Nicholas V, a claimant to the papacy, is consecrated in Rome by the Bishop of Venice.
1364 – Jagiellonian University, the oldest university in Poland, is founded in Kraków.
1588 – French Wars of Religion: Henry III of France flees Paris

>News
EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/16612656/Victoria_II_-_Full_v3.03_[Rezmar]
imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2000/03/jarvis.htm
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8385383/Victoria_2_Heart_of_Darkness.3DM
youtube.com/watch?v=fPgbydq3qMs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B

MAYO IN TEXAS WHEN

BASED

MEOW IN TAXIDERMY WHEN

while withdrawing south Johnston was attacked once again. Burnside was superseded as commander of his force by General Dix who fancied an immediate attack to shatter my army before it could withdraw south and recuperate. The majority of his troops are exhausted, as they either just had their commanding officer killed (Beauregard) or had been trapped in the northern Shenandoah Valley for some two or three months on little supplies. Despite equal casualties, Johnston manages to avoid committing his force and successfully makes it to Manassas, forcing Dix to break off and go home.

General AS Johnston in northern Kentucky continues organizing his growing force, which is almost 25,000 strong.

Forrest and Polk are to cross the Mississippi, with aid from Admiral Hollins' gunboats and river ironclad, and link up with General Van Dorn on the western bank, which will bring the total Confederate strength in this area to some 35,000 men.

Price orders General Shelby to scout out Union defenses at St. Louis. They are deemed inadequate to hold the city against a concerted effort to take it. Though knowing this part of the state is extensively muddy, Price risks it. He boards a group of steamers on the Missouri River, with plans of unloading at Union, a town several miles west of St. Louis.

Soon.

I remember people having those laptops back in 2008.

>that beer

What if it spills all over the laptop?

You call those subhuman scribbles a language?

What did GR mean by this??
Tell me more about his gamey tactics!!

Repostin'

daily reminder anyone who plays and posts paradox: """grand strategy""" games post 2006 releases is a cuck and a faggot

t.omato forums

>2017
>using 'cuck' and 'faggot' as insults
Wew, lad.

McClellan was seemingly put in command of the few units in St. Louis and he decided to sally forth and give battle to Price before he could reach the outskirts of the city. McClellan, being a fucking terrible command, didn't realize that, for once, he was actually outnumbered by almost five-to-one, and was promptly driven off after just a few hours of battle.

the first major battle in Virginia since February commenced. President Lincoln must have removed Dix from command of his force, angry that he did not commit to the offensive while Johnston was in a poor state, and put Burnside back in command. Our audacious and genius Union commander to elected to launching a frontal assault against the Army of the Shenandoah, which just this month adopted the corps system (Jackson and Longstreet in command of both).

a three-day battle commenced. General Ewell seems to have delivered the knock-out blow to the enemy, having been the object of Burnside's desire, and inflicted thousands of casualties. Major General James Stuart, in command of the cavalry division under Johnston's personal command, performed spectacularly, seizing Union munitions and dealing heavy blows to both Union cavalry and retreating infantry. This is perhaps the first truly great battle of the war, and it is a much-needed Confederate victory. Burnside withdraws in defeat and shame.

I wodnloaded victoria II from here thepiratebay.org/torrent/16612656/Victoria_II_-_Full_v3.03_[Rezmar]
patched it to 3.04, installed HPM, but the launcher and game keep starting original victoria 2 v1.3. Why? Do I need to enable DLC somehow in some config file?

On a scale of 0 to Brendan Fraser, how fucked am I?
(playing as poo in loo brits)

imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2000/03/jarvis.htm

>you will never break a whole country in pyramid schemes in a GS

i did the exact same thing earlier today and everything worked out fine.

try reinstalling.

buy it pedo. if you wanted help pirating newer pdox games i would help but vic2 is cheap and worth the purchase

Download this one thepiratebay.org/torrent/8385383/Victoria_2_Heart_of_Darkness.3DM and then apply the 3.04 patch

I have it, I just don't have any DLC %%and money to buy them right now%%

oh. perhaps you did something stupid like pasting the mod over the game files.

No, I didn't. I think steam messed with my wineprefix, so I deleted it and now reinstalling.

General Gustavus Smith is given command of the new III Corps in the Army of the Shenandoah. Johnston gets the rechristened IV Corps (formerly the III).

Burnside attempts to probe Johnston's lines and ultimately decides on a withdrawal when he realizes he is outnumbered. Before it can begin, however, Johnston launches a counteroffensive. It proves less successful than hoped, but Burnside is scared out of his wits and withdraws posthaste. While Jackson's I Corps performs admirably, they suffer heavy casualties, and postponing operations in this area for perhaps a month.

Legend

what game.

Looks complicated. Is it Heart's of Iron level of difficulty to learn?

please tell me more about your wallpaper

When should I give provinces to trade companies?

Yep. That was steams evil doings.

Should I play as Lubeck/Hansa, or should I play a a prussia/germany game?

Hey, wasn't there a mini mod that let you do the Madagascar Plan?

good to know friend! make sure that your hpm checksum is pgsk and join the next mp session!

>16:40:00
>:00
was it autism?

Cyrillic is objectively better than Latin. it's much closer to the original Greek

What's the madagascar plan?

The only thing that Cyrillic objectively is is a language used EXCLUSIVELY by subhumans.

> the original Greek
You mean the original Phoenician, right?

It is from Alma-Tadema, the author of 'A Reading from Homer'. Name is 'Women of Amphissa'

M O S K V A
O
S
K
V
A

youtube.com/watch?v=fPgbydq3qMs

Lübeck

sending jews to Madagascar

t. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz

no, retard. Greek is based on Phoenician but that doesn't change fact that Latin and Cyrillic are based on Greek. you take your father's name, not your grandfather's.

What should my boarders be, tho? Should I form germany as lubeck?

BYLAT

Are we ever gonna get Vicky 3?

ok, i'll ask again.
are we ever gonna get vicky 3?

are we ever gonna get vicky 3?

v3?

Conquer the baltics and Denmark.

oh... well if it's released, is it gonna be good?

YESSSS! Now ask if it will be good.

Liquor or Steel?

>running out of money
>Caliph is nice enough to declare war for a single county
>I beat him to 100%
Thanks for the money, sucker.

there is mayo

what a shitty totem

Is mayotexas Vicky 3?

Only conquer near the coast
Dominate trade
Colonize
Rely on mercs

are we being raided?

i'll see you soon

Why would you think so?

How's your sex life?

AGEOD's Civil War II

lots of fun but a huge learning curve. probably a bigger learning curve, in fact, than HOI2/Darkest Hour or any other seriously complicated PDox game.

i'll have an update up soon, just doing some other things first

I need some aesthetic boarders. Will you show me by using the custom nation thingy?

Are merc bands like this one even worth keeping with the levy size hit?

Carlist Spain or vanilla Spain?

will vicky 3 be good?

Vicky 3 will be pure gold

if you think hoi4 is better than hoi3 then yes

What the fuck is going on? I conquered a city so I could expand my demesne, and now I get literally zero troops from my demesne, as well as a measly ~300 from my vassals. I tried giving away the city, but that didn't help at all

This is CK2+, by the way

I unironically think it is.

explain

I don't know, I just wanted people's opinion on Carlist Spain in Vic2

in some areas it is, however they completely butchered warfare, truly a disappointment since it was the magnum opus of the game

Sorry, didn't mean to reply to you.

Is CK2+ just bugged?

Da GR.

karl why do you have this picture

Post yfw Mount and Taxes will make EU4 better than Vicky 2

POPS IN EU4 WHEN

>mana is still in the game
no

Pop system is overrated as fuck

>Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg
Leave, dumb frog poster.

>check out /r/paradoxplaza
>they all are waiting for pdx to announce Vic3
Since when do normies care about liquoria?

Its the only series that doesn't have a modern sequel

Which military ideas should I go for as England in EU4 (I'm pretty much the UK, just haven't done the decision yet). Extra tidbit, I successfully established a PU over France and am in the middle of annexing them.

It's also the only one they haven't ruined with le monarch mana maymay.

What mana does CK2 have?

Prestige mana

So now that I finally got my 26 year old female high priest I realize unholy impregnation is just straight up broken and doesn't work

The option to use it isn't even there, and it's not because she's already pregnant

Am I missing something?

culture military and economy mana

God, I hate meme mana, especially money mana, tech points mana and influence mana in Vic2.

That's not meme mana and you know it.

:^)

So I've never played the UK in Victoria 2 since they seemed a bit too powerful (and it's no fun starting as #1 to achieve the #1 rank), but I feel like I'm missing out by not playing them.

How do I have fun as the UK? Take other people's colonies? Balkanise Europe? Be the world police? Blob into France?

I'm still unironically waiting for a new Rome. I've played the game back when it first came out and I don't remember anything about it t b h, but I like the setting. Anyway, I don't see any other historical periods for them to explore.

i agree with you on the influence and diplo mana, but money generation is based on vickys world market and pops, while tech points is based on how many clergy and clerks pops you have and how literate your nation is.

That, and go full Oswald Mosley.

Ignore everything but India and use it as a base for manpower, then just go full warmachine in Europe

> money generation is based on vickys world market and pops, while tech points is based on how many clergy and clerks pops you have and how literate your nation is
How is this different from prestige and piety in CK2?