Name a worse place to be a car enthusiast in Canada

Name a worse place to be a car enthusiast in Canada.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hp65_UvYF-A
barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/lamborghini-among-12-vehicles-impounded-for-stunt-driving-on-hwy-400-1.3351309
kanetix.ca/insuramap
forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/reg-force-ncm-class-c-rates.page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't. Southern Onterrible is the worst place in North America to be a car enthusiast.

Alberta roads and weather hurt my soul, but you're right. Ontario sucks.

Burger here, what's wrong with Canada, other than being cucked leftists?

Ontario is basically California but without any good roads.

Quebec
youtube.com/watch?v=hp65_UvYF-A

Any problems that Ontario car enthusiasts have here are entirely self-inflicted. If you're not a brain dead shitbag degenerate it's a lot better here than many other places

Canada as a whole

Alberta is good aside from boring roads. Cheap(ish) fuel, insurance, and JDM ownership. I'll take gravel over acidic salt any day of the week. BC and NS are pricier but have nice roads.

Edmonton is getting acid salt next winter, woo!

Bc is probably the best place, insurance and gas are pricier though. My bike insurance jumped from 45/month full coverage to 250/month for liability when I moved to BC from AB.

Oh, great. I was planning to move to Cold Lake next year. Guess I'll limit my time in Edmonton during the winter then.

That's still probably cheaper than Ontario.

The NS is a pretty good place to be an enthusiast.

When I went into the DMV to get my beginners there was a woman there who had been driving for 35 years without her license before getting caught.

If you're from here you know someone who knows someone who can swap an engine in their driveway and will work for beer and cigarettes.

There's a pretty steady supply of used cars coming from out west that aren't rust buckets, and if you do have a rust bucket your mechanic will sign off on it anyway since cars rust out here fast enough he can pretend it was fine when it left the shop.

So many nice coastal roads

Nederland

Prince edward Island

Ontario is a SHITHOLE.

barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/lamborghini-among-12-vehicles-impounded-for-stunt-driving-on-hwy-400-1.3351309

These guys were on a rally, and people "thought" they were speeding, no cops witnessed anything, and just vehicularily profiled these guys for stunt driving. Got impounded for a week and had to pay for that.

These guys raised $15k last year for a Christmas toy drive in one day.

How can Alberta have such cheap insurance? It just doesn't make sense why the same thing costs literally 10x as much in Ontario.

Cheap Alberta insurance keeps a lot of people i know living there, even with the economy having gone to shit.

Fort Good Hope.
> Barely any roads
> Everything has to be brought in by aircraft or ship, so parts take ages
> Middle of fucking nowhere
> Really far north so it's cold all year round

I always wondered what it'd be like living in some remote far north town, driving something like a lifted Focus RS/WRX STI with scandanavian winter tires. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Why is Ontario bad?

>Bc is probably the best place
I pay $200 fucking dollars a month for insurance on a shitty, shitty shitty old honda fucking fit, and that's with a 15% discount. Yesterday I got smogged by some faggot coal roller with "TRUMP" all along his 50ft tall truck. I regularly get driven off the road by old ladies trying to lane change into my car, i've been rear ended at a red light twice in a year, and somebody hit and run me at the gym a few weeks ago. And the only enthusiasts around here are 16 year old wigger vaping skinny douchelord faggots who suck each other off in their $1500 slammed straight piped maintenance neglected BMWs.

No, this province is a shithole.

They had dash cam footage. Hence why it never got any more coverage. These people all got throughly fucked over so there was no publicity to be had of their supposed courageous escape from a throughly corrupt system which was the narrative at the time

I wonder what it'd be like to be a car enthusiast on a Pacific Island like Guam, Polynesia, Micronesia, ect

Apparently relatively speaking it's not bad in the Philippines

>touge
>small community of strong enthusiasts
>people that always move out of your way when hooning
>police don't do shit

Where should I start?
>the insurance is fucking atrocious
>road salts in the winter are extremely acidic
>the taxes are terrible
>lots of bureaucracy, such as charging taxes for private used cars
>inspections makes the idea of buying disposable 300$ shitboxes for the winter impossible
>roads are boring and poorly maintained
>nearly impossible to drive an RHD vehicle here
>Toronto is a dump
I hate this fucking province, can't wait to leave it.

singapore.

Alberta, Sask, Manitoba
long flat straight roads for as long as the eye can see.

In Alberta you can ride into the mountains / BC while still having dirt cheap Alberta insurance / no safety/smog / no private sale tax.

Ontario's generally a shithole for a lot more reasons, but this is a good start. When the rest of the world hears about how shit Canada can be, just keep in mind, it's mainly Ontario they're talking about, not AB/SK/MB.

Ontario is basically a giant prison camp for third world immigrants to funnel into and become debt slaves to fuel our economy that's withering because our government doesn't incentivize manufacturing.

Ontario is a fucking shithole.

Yeah man, just drive across the entire province

Insurance is only high in the GTA
You sound like a bitter poorfag

>drive like an entitled ass in traffic
>get impounded
>"it was a rally, bro"

>more chances to make money (lol oil cucks in Alberta moving back in with mommy and daddy)
>plenty of cars that can be had for cheap
>inspections are a joke, government pays for them and Pajeets pass you for a tenner
>easy availability of aftermarket parts
>anything not available can be shipped easily
>move an hour outside of Toronto for cheap homes with large driveways and cheap insurance
>plenty of great tracks a couple hours away at most
>huge variety in the local car and bike scenes
>lots of auto manufacturing, including the Hellcat/Demon and Ford GT

Rust proof your cars, don't drive like shithead teenagers on public roads, and manage your finances you poorfags

>Alberta is good aside from boring roads.

Alberta has some incredible roads in the mountains. aww boo hoo you have to drive an hour.

LOL. Bullshit, I live in 4 hours north of the GTA and pay $4000 a year for 2 cars. When I lived in NB I payed $1500

Something's wrong with you
kanetix.ca/insuramap

Nothing is wrong with me, it's just that they think a $54K car should cost me $800 a month to insure, then I got a family discount so it went to $300. No tickets or anything but I'm 21 years old.

>21
>drives a $54k car
Riiiiiiiight

I'm an army fag

And? I know people your age in the army and they drives Civics

Managing money isn't hard. I've been in for 4 years, making pretty good money and my gf works. Not hard to afford decent things. You can see my salary online lol, it's open to the public.

>managing money isn't hard
And yet you fail at that, driving a $54k car

>you need to frivolously spend money on a depreciating asset to have fun
This is how poor people stay poor

Cars almost paid off and I'll have it for life. Are you salty because you went bankrupt or something? I'm confused.

You making spec pay? Paying 54k sounds awfully difficult even on P3.

Could have bought something for $20k easily and used the rest for a down payment on a home
>but muh car
Enjoy never building equity

Corporal with LDA, always been easy especially with a GF who works.

>army brat
Car probably costs you more than what you make in a year

I make 64k a year and obviously more when I'm deployed. I don't get where all these replies/hate is coming from lol. Can I ask what YOU people do or make/own?

What's LDA again? You must have gotten an early promotion if you're only 21.
Actually he makes more if he is a corporal.
forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/reg-force-ncm-class-c-rates.page

>bought a car that costs 84% of his annual income
>"I'm financially responsible guise!"

Land duty allowance for being in a deployable unit. $326 a month extra. And yes I got an advanced promotion and I'm turning 22 very soon.

It'll be paid off in 2 years and I still save $1500 a month, probably more than you make LOL. Stay mad.

Good shit. Still a P2 poorfag in the training system, hoping to work on Hercs to get more deployments. Will be making almost 70k in 2 years if I'm not a fuckup. What car did you get?

I just bought a $600k house just outside of Toronto but okay. Homes in that neighborhood are already worth $800k too

Nice defense mechanism, call others poor to defend your terrible financial choices

F-150, not a car, just felt like seeing what they would say lol. I hunt and fish alot so I need it, good for the winter here too.

>Name a worse place to be a car enthusiast in Canada.
PEI
Pretty shit here

Of course a truck cuck would overpay for farm equipment

>Poorfag detected

Meh, Lariat fully decked out, 6 1/2 box and 4x4. Got an $8000 discount with employee pricing and some other things. Got a good deal and love my truck. Needed something reliable to travel and tow my trailer.

What is up my fellow LEAFs?
I'm bailing out of this shithole before the day of the rake comes.

MOS and posting, if you don't mind my asking?

>Or live in America.
I believe it's relative friend. I have amazing traffic free roads not 10 minutes from where a live in a city.

This. The only thing truly awful about Ontario's car situation are other car enthusiasts. Cops are bros by default but only give you a hard time it you give them a hard time

Cringeworthy

Canada is far superior in pretty much every way. I have nice roads outside the city too but they're nothing compared to the mountains. Any place worth living in the US is too expensive and fuck that 25 year law. It's 15 glorious years up here.

At least we have 94 octane at pumps, that's cool.

It is but I find myself taking the extra minute to mix 94 and 91 2 to 1 to get 93. Saves me a couple bucks desu. Maybe I'll go straight 94 if I start engine building

>Superior in pretty much every way.
>Thread dedicated to how most of Canada is shit for car enthusiasts, and detailing every particular reason why.
I think your countrymen disagree with you retard. By the way, my proper pronoun is master, better respect it or that's a hate crime in your superior country.

Mor elite poorfags bitching
See

Alberta and BC are amazing for Car enthusiasts. I really don't consider anything east of Alberta to be Canada really. It might as well be New USA. The maritimes are okay.

Enjoy your cuckbux, 900 square foot 1.3 millon dollar houses, shit weather and paki infestation and refugees.

Cringeworthy

this

>It's not Canada because I said so

Fraud and lawyers

Ontario has extremely high fraud, especially on the auto side of things. Too many poos and chinks running fraud rings. Arabs use it to finance terrorism as well - they insure high end used vehicles, then file a claim for the "stolen" vehicle a few months later. In reality, the car is in a shipping container on its way to Qatar while we're stuck here wasting thousands on private investigators and credit checks to try and prove it's fraudulent. Our insurance laws are so fucking toothless that we can't effectively prosecute these fucks, so the companies compensate by gouging everyone with high premiums.

Source: I work for an insurance company, and its shit.

I'm going to quote this verbatim next time some client bitches about their renewal. Also insurance shill in the thick of this shit

Dubai Fag here.

All you got here is Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Bugattis, Paganis and Koengiseggs. Yeah and Porsche too. There are only a handful of Miatas here. I've yet to see ricer cars. Modified cars are very rare to find. However meets are there and most of em contains old US imported Lexus GS and other Lexuses because "Modders" here love Lexus so much. Modding a car is stupid expensive.

Dad owns a Maserati gran Turismo + a Gallardo. Friends own Ferraris, Lambos, etc.. I own a Lexus RC350 F sport because I like it's comfort. I find that owning and modding a car is just pointless here.

It's all about "Habibi I just got my 812 Superfast what are you getting next?! Oh Hameed, I just gave my order for a 911 GT3! "

I just wish the car culture here was more diverse and not just expensive supercars. Man it must be awesome up in the US, Japan and I'm sure Canada has better car culture than here.

lol atleast we dont get cucked by the 25 year rule

MB is just a fuck ton of shitty natives man I wouldn't go there, so many of my friends moved out because all the townships are near reserves and these bum fucks get funded by the government all drop out of school and damage anything nice. Inb4 friend had a R32 come out to see it and some guy poured something and took most of the paint slashed the tires and threw a beer bottle through the passenger window :(

id gladly switch lives with you, sound rich af

the goverment needs to stop giving handouts to these degenarates, all they do is spend it on alcohol and drugs, and reserves are a shitheap because of it. I heard the exact same thing happens in australia too

The roads in Quebec are all fucked up. Its terrible for anyone with a low car. They're also assholes with stuff like window tints, lifts and modded exhausts. At least we have no yearly inspections of any kind and insurance is pretty cheap. Our gas is the most expensive in the country too.

bc=/=vancouver

Hey it's you, the RC350 guy again!

But hey man, that seems like heaven to most of us, like supercars everywhere you look at. My friend went to Dubai last year and he was constantly sending me pics of supercars he found. There were lots.

How is living expenses in Quebec? I'm curious to know.

Rent is cheap. Taxes are high (like the rest of canada). People speak french, but Montreal and Quebec City are completely billingual. Gas is expensive. The only overpriced realty in Quebec is in Montreal. The rest of the province is dirt cheap compared to the rest of canada.

Tasmania or New Zealand.

Most of Canada is dirt cheap outside of any big city

Thank you but are taxes really that high? I mean are the taxes liveable?

Godspeed

Unless things have changed recently Montreal rent is unreal cheap compared to Toronto/Ottawa/Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver.

Wish I could get a job in Montreal as an Anglo.

Its way cheaper in Montreal than Toronto and Hongkouver, but its about on par with ottawa in terms of living costs I guess. When I say Montreal, I mean Downtown core. The greater montreal area remains relatively cheap comapred to the rest of canada

>tfw Manitoba is only abbreviated to MB because murikans took literally all the other letters after "M"
>being cucked all the way down to the postal abbreviation

Why don't dubaifags make cars? You have the money, but you import them all.
Is it because no car history? Is it because you guys don't know how?
Why is there no GM or Ford for the sandnigger world?

>Go on youtube
>ARAB SUPERCARS
>German car, Italian car, Italian car, Italian car, german car, british car, german car
>0 arab cars
lel

just because a car has squiggly shit on the license plate doesn't make it arab.