/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Anime Weapon Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/4S931UaV

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E8NniKYiy2I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lalaposting

I wish I were an Au Ra girl.

>having even less cosmetic options isn't a bad thing
>when FFXIV had berlt models in 2010
>Guffy in charge of deciding what looks good or not
It's sad how FFXIV is still praised for its graphics when the level of detail in armour and environments doesn't even come close to WoW

@176572829
Guffy is one of the best healers on /xivg/.

Oh yeah?

Please stop and take a moment to consider using the filter option for people's tripcodes. Thank you for your time.

>people unironically like this kind of armor design

guffy is the boogyman

Please stop using the pedophile mod to make yourself into children in game.

I wish XIV tanks had actual armor. 8 out of 10 tank sets in XIV seem to be mostly made of fabric and some unsymmetrical shit tacked one.

With the server change being close, are euros going to transfer to Chaos from Aether and Primal?

>makes pic telling people not to do sexual stuff
>clear intention is the person want to do sexual stuff

You are operating on another level of understanding, clearly, user.

What's wrong with it? It looks pretty cool and bulky.
The human male model is what makes it look janky because WoW models have pretty weird proportions.

>need to use cheat engine to modify my character into a loli cat to do that
really wonder why

Regardless of your intentions it is bad for this game and thread. We should not try to attract /terag/ folk...

depends on how bad the latency will be

It doesn't matter if I like it, it's just better detailed than the current gear we have in FFXIV and looks like actual heavy armour you could take a dragon's fist to your torso in rather than a trenchcoat with some plating and ornamental doodads on.

how do you do this

Having more stuff on armor doesn't make it better armor design.

mistwess wenko...

>go back to world of warcraft for a few months
>stormblood is coming out soon so want to do some stuff before it drops
>try to level blm
>literally fall asleep during the dungeon cause of the global cd
i mean i get why it's like that and that it works a lot better at higher levels but they should rework the leveling experience and give me something to do inbetween gcd's when im not max level

>and looks like actual heavy armour
Nigger you look like a parade float. Actual plate armor is pretty close to XIV's design aesthetic.

Post sunsets

I feel the opposite. The combat in WoW feels fast and fluid, but at the same time enemies except bosses die in like 2-3 seconds. Its like I barely even got started in a dungeon and the trash packs are dead before my 3rd gcd.

If I make a max height fem cat/au ra am I automatically a "futa"?

This is what REAL heavy armor looks like

this is not the gordian fending armor

I just got miner to 50 and I'm still in a lot of 25-40 pieces of equipment. Should I go back and deck miner out in 50 gear or can I still level through to 60 without good gear and not much trouble?

>Spikes on shoulders
LOL DO YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE A PARADE FLOAT????

Funny how you say that when all SE have been doing since Final Coil is stick tacky shit onto armor and calling it raid gear.
I don't recall medieval knights wearing trench coats and LEDs but I guess I didn't pay attention in history class

lmao that looks so retarded. ff14 armor isnt perfect but come on

hey boys

>pauldrons bigger than head
You apparently do.

did you get a eu bf yet

>Silly cape to get in the way of combat
>Exposed head and no vision
>Unsymmetrical, will throw off your balance

Yeah lol what kind of retard would make gear like that

It's called asymmetrical

Its fantasy, you're the one who brought in actuality I just pointed out which of the two was closer to that actuality.

But hey keep being smarmy, WoW's armor design is still going to be shit at the end of the day so I guess you need something to cope with your horribly shit opinion.

I can't stand WoWs art direction in anyway. They just slapped a bunch of shit on that armor set and through in some particle effects. It's so barf.

does this game have mannequins yet

Sunsets are so nice in this game.

>cape gets in the way of combat
How the fuck do you fight if a cape is in the way?

>will throw you off balance
If you're so weak that you can't keep balanced with that minor of an asymmetry, you seriously need to step out of the combat zone

Not yet

>ywn live with guffy guffs

It really baffles me sometimes how other mmos sometimes don't have a day night cycle.

It baffles me stometimes how some MMOs don't have connected zones but instead have every zone as a separate instance
oh wait

weld my heart

im not a fan of wow's art direction either but
>They just slapped a bunch of shit on that armor set
they make armor to give you a feel of class identity and that one shows off death knights quite well
the helm resemble's the crown of dominance (lich king's helm) the shoulders have dragon skulls on them (undead frost dragons were a pretty big deal for the undead scourge), the other skulls also go into the undead motif
imo it's pretty well designed to make you actually look and feel like a death knight and not some dude that found a nike tracksuit with neons and a trenchcoat in your older brother's closer

It baffles me how people think a snowy tundra zone right next to a tropical rainforest beach jungle zone separated by greyscale bump mountains instead of a loading screen is somehow good world design.

Roeposting

It's really sad they took that particular part out from 1.x but I understand why they did it.

You fags are getting baited by the asshole who keeps trying to start thread wars between /wowg/ and /xivg/. Stop it.

>[Konbuni] kamu kamu vanana! ~shasei shoujo~
Was XI this fun?

Post {/pet}

At least its not the same 5 lizard images we've had reposted over and over.

>Kiki Bongripper here

Yeah, fuck the people that want to travel the world without having to choke on a loading screen every 5 minutes.

please send help senpai

That guy's just a troll chemo who does it to trigger people, then ban evades to bitch about cats etc. when the mods have had enough of his shit. His posts kept getting deleted last night until people stopped reporting them.

>Travel the world
>WoW
You sit in town and spam queues all day you dumb nigger.

>I have never played WoW past the first 40 levels
or
>I am a casual baddie who only does heroic dungeons and LFR

Ironic considering how FFXIV literally lets you queue into endgame raid content through DF without even having a premade group now

i tried to be chemo once, for about 3 posts. then i went to go do more interesting things with my life. can't imagine doing it for 4 years.

>queue up for daily expert roulette
>queue up for dun scaith
>teleport to idyllshire and exchange tokens
>log out
oh boy all this exciting world content to do in Final Fantasy XIV

Sorry to interrupt your loop-de-loops above dalaran but so does WoW.
>b-but raid finder don't real!

Neither can I. It's a mystery why chemos do anything.

youtu.be/E8NniKYiy2I

I don't, but I wouldn't mind spending more time in town in XIV if they weren't cut into loading zones lmao

DUDE SKULLS LMAO

Can't handle the lag on your toaster in town?
No surprise you "prefer" WoW then. Fox grapes and whatnot.

You are literally forced to explore if you want to unlock more power for your legendary weapon though.

>implying LFR is the same thing as A12S
>world quests aren't a thing
>broken shore/Suramar campaign isn't a thing
>actual endgame quests aren't a thing
I'd like to see you point out any casual content FFXIV has that can't be finished in a few hours that isn't repeating previous shit like the relic, and also has you go out into the world

The armor designs are a good point though, look really cool

>tfw just wanna drop everything to become a public use slut and the only thing I'd do ingame would be helping people cum

Should I do it, xivg..?

>-t. someone who spent 10 hours at most at legion endgame

AP farmers spam mythic+ tho

do you get AP from mythic+ now?
haven't touched that piece of shit in a while

>Mention XIV in any other MMO.
>Get laughed out of whatever chat you mention it in.
What did they mean by this?

that applies for every other mmo too
mmo players hate other mmo's

What lag? The towns in XIV were designed by proper cunts
>Want to go to the MB to buy some stuff then send to a friend
>Lmao go through a loading screen for no reason
>The only towns not divided into 2 don't have marketboards
Excellent design 10/10

only if you are a catboy

>aetheryte teleport
>go through a loading screen
toaster confirmed lmao

Well, you could just advertise "compliments and motivation" in PF for 100k or whatever for 10min, then mention it's OOC lewd stuff if anyone sends you a /tell, but that might still get out of hand

what's your idea exactly?

I mainly just want to pose with my character for people and talk lewd to help them cum...

Drink bleach asap

you always did...

server

yeah, that's what i figured

server/race/gender? you can always advertise it somewhat IC/OOC depending on what you've got going on, unless you don't care about being subtle

I am a mythic raider and still go out into the world every day to do stuff just because you still have something to gain from it even with gear. The emissary boxes give AP and a chance at legendaries and only takes half an hour at most. Even going into a dungeon actually requires you to go there which I really miss from raiding in FFXIV. FFXIV feels so empty when there isn't anyone in Wineport, North Shroud, Hinterlands etc. They probably won't bring it back though because the game is so heavily catering to people refusing to interact with others and go outside of their front yard. Most of the daily content just boils down to queue for a dungeon.
Being able to teleport anywhere instantly also certainly doesn't help make the game feel more alive but there's not much you can do about that in an instance-based game.

i'm pretty sure you didn't at one point
but i haven't played in a while

race, server, EB status?
sample?

gordias is the dark souls of mmorpg raids
wow can't even compete

The loading screen is near instant and that isn't the problem.
The problem is that it exists in the first place.

In WoW I can go from 1 zone to a city, do my stuff there and then go to a different zone without any interruptions to the gameplay.

balmung

^/femcat

I'm mostly worried that there are too many slutty femcats around so there won't be demand but I don't know...

I honestly should just stop worrying and go do it I guess, hopefully there are people that like that sort of stuff!

no, you always did, fastest AP was spamming MoS +3-7 all day every day. there was never a time it didn't award AP.