Veeky Forums トヨタ

oyota General
>cheaper aftermarket edition

>Should Veeky Forums allow Daihatsu cars on the montage?
strawpoll.me/13281079
(49/100 votes needed)

>List of Toyota model codes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_model_codes

Sister Honda thread
Zeemaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2352609

Bump the thread if it's at page 5.

Vids:
>POOR MAN'S FERRARI
youtu.be/1_wFH70dqTg

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=Q91Dbhfz0iQ

>Corolla GT
youtube.com/watch?v=Sl6Jec_ukpU

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/1991-toyota-mr2-na-tops/6245763793.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7zzq5f8x5f4
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1993-toyota-mr2-five-speed/6247162083.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/toyota-mr2/6247784125.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/toyota-mr2/6247748345.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Yo Indonesian user, what year is your ke70? I forgot to ask. I just guessed 83 lol

>oyota General
J U S T

>not updating edition
It should've been
>6cyl manual edition
I fucked up the OP holy shit

JDIMSA

I got a 99 Corolla ve that starts to run hard and stall after driving for a while, I've replaced the plugs wires and injecters and cleaned the throttle body. No fault codes and I'm stumped, suggestions?

What do you mean it starts to run hard? I'm assuming you used an OBD2 reader when you say there aren't any codes.

It starts to idle rough and sounds like it's about to stall, if you try to accelerate it stalls and yes i used a reader

>thinking of getting a third gen supra
I don't think I can swing a 4th gen Supra as much as I want to.

I think it's wiring/electronics
Could be MAP or MAF sensors or cam position sensor

If it's a turbo and wet out it'll swing no problem.

Should i buy a $1500 matrix with 190k miles? Its in good mechanical condition, still gonna get it inspected tho.

Post ad

Bamp

>get out of shower
>mom sounds angry in the living room
>apparently, a white big newer sedan went in front of my supra, reversed to hit it 10mph at most and took off quickly
>it hit it hard enough that it moved backwards according to her
>get dressed and check damages
>no visible damage
I'm done parking it on the street. One time some drunk Mexican put his mountain bike against it and someone keyed /hg/ on my civic. I care more about my supra so I'm parking it in the back.

Can Americans buy Daihatsus?

Charade & Rocky were sold here for a little bit

Actually theres damage. About a foot long paint crack on the front bumper. Hard to see though

There's this MR that seems like a good deal but i'm worried the owner has only had the car for a year already wanting to sell. Anything to look out for when checking it out? Should i avoid buying without taking to shop to inspect under a lift and check the engine's health via compression/Leakdown?
>sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/1991-toyota-mr2-na-tops/6245763793.html

go to autozone and get some compound hopefully just paint transfer that will come off. Either way it will look alot better

The OP doesn't have the Echo or Yaris... wtf bros?

I don't think anyone here has one of those

Me :(
2009 Base Sedan

boi, post proof, maybe the Veeky Forums guy will add you to the op

I'm more surprised there aren't any Camrys

Of course I'll add it. Why wouldn't i?

I'd like to expand our fleet of Sportcross. with only 2-3k sold in the entirety of the U.S. having maybe 1% of all of them here would be neat.

Tfw eco shitbox.

Never mind it's a 1982. It's in zeemaps

Pls respond Pls

It's got a full size spare in the frunk so I'd say it's GTG

>4k for an NA that has nearly 200,000 miles
that's a high price imo

I was thinking of offering 3k, anything you'd worry about?

>bumperoo

Damn dude that'd be something.

I always get nervous when I park at work and, go figure, some geriatric man backed into my car. No dents or anything but the paint is all fucked now. Seems to be the common theme this week

Apply compound, everything should come off minus black spots, have some mobile detailer come and touch it up after!

youtube.com/watch?v=7zzq5f8x5f4

>bumping

I wonder how many Sportcross are still around

1zzfe is a fuck

Agreed

Made an earlier post about a shitty green MR2, I have found a nice looking one 5 hours away, it has 203k miles but owner seems to have invested over "6500" with receipts within the last 10k miles. I'm willing to make the drive but for sure a car with this many miles it needs a compression/leakdown test done before buying? I don't have anyone to go with me so what's best plan of action
>losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1993-toyota-mr2-five-speed/6247162083.html

sorry, was at work but on these cars the only known rust spots are the side rocker panels. Other problems just include leaky t-tops and possibly rust on everything under if the plastic underbody panels were removed. All other inspections are normal. If it runs and drives fine then you're most likely okay but that mechanic check is good, not deal breaker good imo though. just check well.
Also 4k for a high milage NA is much, I wouldn't pay more than 3k for it since turbos start around 5k ish. if the NA was super clean and low milage then maybe...
>invested over $6500
nice he kept up with maintenance but that's total bullshit if he's gonna use that to try to up the value
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/toyota-mr2/6247784125.html
this one looks like it has 155k on the ODO

thanks! i just like how the black paint looks good too, kinda proves owner took very good care of it since so many sw20's have clearcoat problems. You think even 4k is alot even with such records maintenance, i understand 200k is alot of miles though too so maybe i should wait around for one with under 150k. How would you deal with driving 5 hours away and getting the car back home?

also forgot to ask if there is much difference with 2.2l engine? think 91 models had others?

4k with perfect maintenance records, good paint, and no rust is alright if your heart is really set on it. I've owned an NA and didn't think I would pay that much but I had a 300,000 Mike example with suspension crap outs here and there... the engine is fucking bulletproof though. so I say if your heart is set on it, do it, if not then it wasn't meant to be yet. I'd have a buddy drive the other car or take a bus/train if you're 100% sure on buying.
nah every year had 3 different engine configurations
>2.2L 5SFE, the 130hp Camry economy engine

>2.0L 3SGE (super uncommon state side), these are generally high revving and more powerful than the 5sfe and ranges from 160-200hp depending on the yearly revision of the engine

>2.0L 3SGTE Turbo, the holy Grail. ranges from 200-260ish depending on the yearly revision again. Gen 3 is the best IMO but they're all capable. best to just research the engines if you wanna know more.

thanks again for the info, i'm set on an NA because it would be my commuter i have seen many examples with alot of miles so they're known to be reliable. There is a mint one with 108k miles guy wants 7500 for it, maybe he'd take 6 idk
>losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/toyota-mr2/6247748345.html

>selling stock 86 MR2 rims on CL
>2 months pass by
>not a single soul is interested

a-any s/o/cal fags looking muh aesthetic wheels?

Advertise in the s/o/cal meet-up thread, you might get a hit there.

>waste management
Where the rimms and your car belong tbqh

I own an 87 on steelies and would buy the shit outta them if you were in Washington

Where do you work?

Yeah, i've gotten so many scrapes around my car, since I work at an older demographic mall, plus the paint was already ruined by the Arizona sun i just stopped caring. I'm not driving it for the exterior.

>bumpity bump

What plans do you guys have for modifying your cars? interior, exterior, mechanical?

interior
>probably some cheap ass eBay seats for the turbo alcantara seats
>Tom's steering wheel

exterior
>border side skirts
>greddy rear spats
>homemade front splitter + rods
>rear fender flare and front ask sport widebody fenders
>maybe RSX wheels on the cheap but my dream wheels are some Desmond Regamaster in white
>repaint
that's in the long run but honestly for now just the side skirts and I'll be happy

mechanical
>rebuild coilovers
>new tie rods
>NEED new bushings
>greddy sp or motoria exhaust

actually this entire setup is ideal to me, I forgot to include the mirrors and CF hood.
I'll be keeping my TRD wing though

No exterior mod, I still need to repaint both bumpers though, last week I installed 4 new shock absorbers.

Mechanical, Probably a cat delete, it's the cheapest way to get a few more HP, and maybe a SRI, just for the intake sound (I don't think there's any power to be gained from it).

>interior
Hook up air fuel ratio gauge working
New wheel
>Exterior
Tints
Whole body respray (same color)
New wheels
LED bulbs
>Mechanical
New differential
MLS gasket
Rear hand brakes for drifting
Fix oil leak
Fix trans leak
TEMS compatible and adjustable suspension
Re install anti roll bar
Increase boost to produce 300hp and supporting mods if necessary or 2jz or 1jz swap

Forgot CF hood
CF adjustable wing
Front bumper/lip
Side skirts
Rear diffuser

Def gonna give that a go.

I know there are a few groups out there, as someone keeps reminding me. I'd wager there are probably ~2k left stateside at least.

I work at a mall too. Its an upper scale open air plaza thing. It's super cozy in the winter. At least the cafe has a decent view; there are a very small handful of exotics I've seen. A few lambos, a panamera and other porsches, one ferrari, and a couple of gtrs, and I'm fairly sure I've seen an e63 estate. Always neat to see them out and about and being driven. Any br/o/s drink coffee regularly?

Nah I'm a tea kinda person. Don't like caffeine or the taste of coffee compared to tea

In terms of mods, probably nothing. Lots to be done before I get to that point.
>Interior
pretty good condition desu. stand out feature from all the other cars I looked at. All original, and in good condition (for a 30 y/o car) aside from radio, and shift boot, which rotted out long ago.
might try to find a stock radio (1986 MR2), low priority but if I find one and the price is right, it would be nice
>Exterior
RUST, lots of panel rust. I want to fix it, even though it's not worth it, and Michigan will happily eat the car again. The side skirts and the triangle things in front of the rear fenders are completely missing, exposing most of the rust on the car. Underside is pretty clean, surprisingly.
the previous owner decided to take off the T O Y O T A rear visor. the dummy fucked up the trim so it's cracked, and one of the bolts doesn't fit properly, so I'm looking for that too.
Front bumper looks like shit, I'll have to get it repainted.
>Mechanical
Short shift kit, new shift bushings. shifting into 3rd and 4th is pure sex right now but everything else is very sloppy.
Timing belt, motor mounts, valve stem seals (will probably turn into a full top end rebuild this winter)
I would like to modify to rev to over 9000 but this car is too much of a shitheap for that imo (aforementioned rust). Will probably buy a really nice 87 or 88 a bit after I graduate college and go from there.

I got exactly what I paid (and asked) for. All smiles.

wish I lived nearby
I hate these wheels I have now.

I love tea too, but I usually prefer the heavier taste of straight espresso. I used to work for a hole in the wall cafe before it went under. I had around 200 different types of loose leaf teas to work with and blend myself. If you haven't already had some, you should really get a hold of some jasmine pearls. Its such a mellow white tea and it has a really heady flavour.

My $150 beater just barely passed emissions today, I don't even know how it passed. Now I just need to get it ready for the safety inspection.
I also mounted my snow tires/wheels on there today. It's coming together pretty well.

cute

>TEMS compatible suspension.
Tokicos Illumina 2's are discontinued and like a grand or so for new ones. I think HKS made their own sort of bolt on TEMS at some point. I'd love to get those so I could drop my car without blowing up my struts like I'm going to.

My car is already lowered. You can get KYB shocks that are designed to take the stress of stiffer springs

Would an SW20 MR2 be practical as a daily driver? I do a fair bit of highway driving since my gf lives 2.5 hours away and I visit her every weekend or two.

How much should I expect to pay for a decent NA one in Australia?

I can't say anything to the practicallity of dailying, as i've never owned an MR2. However,
>how much should i expect to pay
what are the current import rates for vehicles, is it by weight? I'm sure age and brand affect cost too. on top of that, finding a NA seller who's willing to go through the import process will be difficult too.

Why would I import one rather than just buying one that's already here? There doesn't seem to be a huge shortage of them.

>me being an autist
sorry lad, what's the average around you then? since you'll be driving it for hours commonly you'll need to be sure to keep the engine and transmission in top condition, so you'l have to look with that in mind

I see them going for anywhere between $4-8k, but they seem to sit around for a while so I'm not sure what the non-jewish price is.

As for reliability, a Toyota shouldn't be that unreliable right? I'm worried that it might be a bit of a bitch to work on, but in terms of highway driving I'm more concerned with comfort, noise etc.

I have one, it's a stiff ride but the sw20 was borderline GT car. the storage is plenty for a 2 seater, the cabin is large, the interior noise isn't terrible, it's pretty bumpy and with a stock exhaust you won't be annoyed on the highway

KEK
i got a sw20t and its loud as fuck inside becuase the engine is behind you and your turning like 4k at highway speeds.

damn nigga is it a stock exhaust? I've had both NA and Turbo and it wasn't killer but that 4k cruise does suck ass lol

ahh. its a muffler delete. allways though i was ahead of the sound tho. Makes sense, im dumb lol

Yeah, I know, but then you don't have TEMS. Something about telling people about TEMS gets me off. It'd be a shame I'd it didn't work so I decided I'd just blow my struts up to keep the high for as long as possible. Doesn't even matter now as the supra is still broken.

Lol I feel like we've had this exact conversation before

I'd like to replace the 4 valve cover nuts on my 4A-FE, they're M10 flange cap nuts. I can't find any on ebay. Does anybody have another place online where I could find something like that, without having to pay 25€ in shipping (western EU) or having to order 10000 min?

I can't find a part number either.

Or do I really have to get the flange type? regular M10 cap nuts are easy to find, but I'm not sure if it's a safe option.

Thanks!

There are some vendors in Europe which have electronic parts catalogues.
If western EU means Germany, I have some used ones lying around. But you might wanna buy some new seals for them.

This is the part no for the nuts: 90176-06012
And this is for the washers below: 90210-06008
Took them from a 4age, but should be the same.
Source was japan-parts.eu

This might be the third time...

What would be a better car to get, an USDM 86 SR5 or a TE72 SR5? It will be my first project car and their both in poor but running condition.

What are your plans for the car?

Make the TE72 more presentable and some tuning on both. If I get the 86 I plan on doing some heavier tuning but not enough to blow up the engine.

So, nearly done fixing the fucked up paint on this thing

>Sanded off the rust
>Applied 3 coats of paint over every chip/knick
>Applied clearcoat
>Finally removed the fucked up wax on the front bumper

All i've gotta do is buff the piss out it and smooth out the uneven spots, then wax it.

Up Next: Refinishing the rims

looking good

Bamp

>page six bump
post your rims anons

TFW poo steelies. any cheap 4x100 recommendations for a aw11

what color is your car, user?

I'll eventually grab some workmeister SP1 knockoffs when my current rubber dies out.

ok guys, I'm going to need you to redline me on the 4runner.
my girlfriends older brother has one he wants to get rid of. he said he would take 4k for it but would give it to my girlfriend for 3.5k. I talked to him and he said I could get for that price
>1999 4runner
>162,000 miles
>manual
>new shocks,tires, and stereo
the outside is great, there's a tiny dent on the bumper but nothing very noticeable. the owner is a really good guy who wouldn't screw me over and kept things nice. i haven't been in the car yet but my buddy rode in it for 300 miles and said the interior is mint. I think I will text him in the morning for a test drive
you guys may be a but biased but it it good? I go to school 300 miles away from my hometown and will have to go through a mountain pass in the winter a couple times of year and winters can be pretty rough so it would be nice to have an suv.

also, it's a 4 cylinder

we've got a few forunners in the op, maybe they'll notice

I hope they do.
I was hoping to get an idea of how they feel to drive. like are they fun to drive at all? I 'll do a test drive but I've never had a manual so I might be a little too focused on that to tell how the driving experience is

this is clean as all hell

dis my stuff

stock as a mother fucker

>honda in Veeky Forums
welcome, cousin