Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Um6b4EV6k4&t=47
britishdealernews.co.uk/product-news/spada-pilgrim-grande-boot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that looks a million times better though

Kawi a good

He hasn't heard about counter steering before, got some work to do teaching him riding again. Thankfully he's open to learning new shit and rides carefully in the meantime.

Does it matter if you rev match before or after downshifting?
Also post bikes

Yeah no

lolwat
you can't revmatch after you downshift, that would just make the bike jerk

I dunno in my mind it basically happens at the same time

I think he means
pull clutch > rev > push pedal > release clutch
vs
pull clutch > push pedal > rev > release clutch

if so, no

I think I just found my bikefu

So the past few refills at the pump, I've calculated ~73mpg on my DR350. Normally it's 67. This is fine.
What a lovely baiku. It sips compared to 650's.

>Buy a Honda it'll be reliable!
>bought a cb500
>it's reliable
And hella boring
Could I realistically buy a leader bike now? I've been riding for almost 5 months and I've got it down.

join the 90mpg, 125 master race brother. Girls don't want excitement and flashy toys, financial conservatism gets them weak at the knees.

webm related is the kind of shit that happens to people who've been riding a 500 for 5 months and think they've got it down.
Don't be an idiot, learn to ride properly. If you haven't spanked the CB around a track at least 3 times and got rid of the chicken strips with proper cornering technique, you haven't got shit down. Shit I've been riding one for 2 years now and I still make progress.
If you find most of your riding is touring and you really _need_ that extra power because you can't lug around 100 kg of luggage comfortably, go ahead and upgrade.

You may have just found out you are mentally ill too

>Very ugly fazer moving at incredible low speed

Get a new headlight

hurr
The point is, if you think there's nothing more you can learn on any given bike, in 99% of all cases you're wrong.

Also wrong is the idea that you need to ride a bike to the absolute limits of traction before getting a new one

The best bike is the one you actually want to ride.

Get the big brother.

Cool edition. I ride with Pap often.

that has literally nothing to do with scrubbing chicken strips and riding track

he just didn't look over his shoulder

Would be my first bike.
Also, I'm living in eastern Europe, money is tight. ;_;

Seconded

We're heading down to either Arizona or Nevada come winter to rent a couple of Indian Scouts and roam aimlessly.

Wrong
Got cocky, reacted wrong, panicked, ran into truck I saw way in advance.
Literally just a matter of overestimating your abilities, coupled with lowered inhibitions due to lack of sleep that day.

What if you want to ride a turbo busa and you're a hotheaded 19 year old?

>ABS
into the crusher it goes
real men dont use ABS or drink cocktails

Sounds like a blast, have fun.
I'll take him to some secluded parking lot or something to teach him counter steering and slow speed control, then we're planning on going moto camping. Maybe I'll finally explore Poland after all, too.

You're just retarded, you shouldn't be riding any motorcycle regardless of engine size.

Bbbut it`s mine.

He just didn't lean enough. Fuck, a faster bike might have saved him if he turned hard enough to stay in that lane and throttled his way in front of the truck. Some people will wreck on literally anything capable of going faster than 30mph.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Um6b4EV6k4&t=47

But I can ride well now.
See, that accident taught me humility and made me strive to become a better rider.

Nah you're still a dumb nigger that shouldn't even have a drivers license.

Say that to my face on the togue, see what happens.

Thinking of putting a dashcam on my next bike for insurance. Don't like putting a camera on my helmet very much. Y/N

Nope, I'd like mine in blue.
Yours is pretty though.
8/10, would steal.

Is the extra windshield necessary? How tall are you? I'm 6'4"

Check back with your insurance and country / state laws whether the recorded footage will be admissible, or even legal to record. Apart from that, why not.

>What if you want to ride a turbo busa and you're a hotheaded 19 year old?

Then nature will take its course and there will be one less retard (hothead = angry trash) on the planet.

The beauty of motorcycles is they kill and maim stupid people.

Then the 650 is a good choice. Don`t drop it, the plastics are expensive. I think they come with crash bars but don`t count of them to save anything.

Pap's chop. Mondo jealous. 85 cu.

All teenagers are stupid hotheads. Should we therefore exterminate all people before they hit puberty?

Anybike is better than nobike. Here is not the place to ask for advice unless you want to die poor.

There are lots of teenagers who start on liters and live because they respect and fear the machine instead of just diving in like a typical "fuck it, bro, let's lean" 250fag.

Yeah great, they managed to not kill themselves because they were too dumb to figure out how to wheelie and only ever rode in a straight line on warm and dry summer nights. That doesn't mean they aren't stupid, aren't hotheads or that they can actually ride.

Respecting and fearing the machine are two different things.
If you fear your ride, you'll never fully get to know them, because out of fear of dying.

Not much, you'll crash on the way there.

Wouldn't want you to panic and crash your bike.

>All teenagers are stupid hotheads.

Negative. That's a wigger excuse (and they crash often). I wasn't and learned to ride on the way home in north Jersey traffic with firstbike (MT 250 Honda Elsinore) which had a blown second gear.

Got it fixed, rode the shit out of it and manybikes afterwards. Nothing but two slow lowsides (wet leaves and ice are not your friends) in ~40 years riding.

Those who are passionately stupid really should buy a turbonitrousboredstrokedportedmultiliterpeter. Bike salvagers gotta eat too.

What's the matter, too scared you'll get shown up by someone on a 20 years old carbed shitbike? Meet me on the togue in 5, for real, I will rek your shit.

If you respect AND fear your ride you don't ride hard outside of track days like a non-idiot. Out of fear of dying.

As a result, you actually get better than street rossi hotheads.

kys

That looks like garbage. Not that I'm a hug fan of the "angry bug" styling, but if I were to change headlights, I wouldn't get that repulsive transformers shit.

Fear makes you afraid of explore you and your machine's boundaries and capabilities.
If you're scare of your bike, you'll settle for "I can ride this while not dropping him at a red light", and will never have the ambition of trying out something new, or puching the envelope (within reasonable limit, of course).

If one really wants get good, they'll have to befriend the metal between their legs, and go to some bike ed after getting their licence and/or first bike.

when i owned an FZ6 I wanted to put dual headlights on it like this

Presenting: THE Best Beginner BikeĀ®.

You already ride repulsive transformers shit

I dig it.

it's taken a lot of money, sweat and love but i finally finished my custom dual sport bike, it has the rugged off-road capabilities of a dirtbike combined with the sleek aerodynamic design of a road bike, with a powerful two-stroke powerplant to boot, what do you guys think?

REEEEEEEE NOW MY CLUTCH IS SLIPPING ALONG WITH THE SPROCKET I HAVE TO REPLACE, I JUST WANT TO RIDE

I'm 99,99% sure you'll be left behind at the first corner.

single round headlight > dual stacked headlights > single square headlight >>>>> single angular headlight > other side-by-side dual headlights >>>>>> asymmetric headlights

So good it doesn't even belong on the list tier:
No headlights.

Top notch work m8. Well done

Post your bike

Asymmetric headlights are the best though

>Reverse image search
>nothing comes up

Well uh.. It's different.

a fuggin masterpiece :DDDDDDDDD

Magnificent. A Somali aircraft mechanic would look upon this and weep at its sheer majesty.

wrong

>All teenagers are stupid hotheads
fuck no

Generally speaking, how hard is it to replace my clutch plates & springs etc? The biting point is like way at the end of the lever even though the cable is adjusted fine. I've only done relatively basic maintenance so far on my own (oil changes and the like).

I am 198 cm. This windshield(MRA VarioTouringScreen) works well for me until 120 km/h. I can`t say about its advantage/disadvantage over the stock screen, because prewious owner destroyed it. But that little wing really affect the direction of air flow.

A raghead with a hang glider isn't a mechanic

also
>posting on a somali aircraft mechanic's forum

also replacing chain and other sprocket?

It depends on what you're afraid of.

The power flipping you over on corner exit?
Not being able to hold on or focus during ahrd acceleration?
The weight making the bike hard to lean and unlean?
Retarded honda linked brakes making it impossible to ride dirt?

>t. teenager

30 soon. I was a risk averse respectable teenager that didn't do stupid shit, but still did fun stuff.

the only things that are fun to me are things that risk my life

>t. midlife crisis boomer in denial about his stupidity as a teenager

Why is dbt so shit in US tz?

I wouldn't call this US time really, only the east coast is likely to be off work.

>US tz
>people advocating starting on tiny shitbikes
>that one german guy

You rang?
Reminder that there have been 0 casualties at 3 SEMs, and 0 casualties at all 0 (zero) SAMs that actually happened.

wrong twice in a single sentence, euro intelligence right there.

Slight decreasing radius just before the merge. He didn't even bother to change his line to compensate.
>Just fixate my ass right into the side of a semi

Proofs?

>Veeky Forums is giving 502 errors on new windows and i closed all my other tabs
looks like you're my lifeboat now, boys

>The biting point is like way at the end of the lever even though the cable is adjusted fine

That's where it is supposed to be.

press ctrl-w for a Veeky Forums easteregg

Can anyone look at these

britishdealernews.co.uk/product-news/spada-pilgrim-grande-boot

and give me a reason why I SHOULDN'T buy them? I need a casual pair that I can go from bike to walking about like a normal person and they look perfect.

>not having a single round headlight surrounded by an asymmetrical matrix of assorted lights crudely hacked on just in case you need them

>not attaching a lamp to your helmet
>not having a literal head light

How much is too much to spend on your first bike /dbt/? 3k? 4k? 5k? Or should I just say fuck it and get what I want?

That depends on how much money you have, how much you earn and how much you are willing to spend. IMO 2.5k is the cutoff for a first bike.

>not using night vision goggles and running EL wire around all the features of your bike for visibility so you look like you're from TRON

> have a bad conscience when my bike stands in the rain and is not properly driven dry befor night
> bought gpz 305 for commuting
> bike is a lot more fun then expected
> now thinking of turning it into a rat bike

should i?