Why do Irish and Scots look very different from other celtic people, such as those of France or northern Spain?

Why do Irish and Scots look very different from other celtic people, such as those of France or northern Spain?

Did the red hair and freckles phenotype come from the preceltic inhabitants of the British isles or did the continental celts lose these features through admixture with other groups?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Celtic is a group of similar languages not a phenotype.

Those traits are Neanderthal sourced.

This, race is a social construct which has no basis in reality. We are all but one race, the human race.

Nice making of a strawman.

Irish and Scots do not look the same, nor do they share many similarities at all, and if they do, it's just a matter of proximity.

The Brits are their own group, they just spoke a Celtic language for a while and some of them still do. They're not Celtic any more than they are Saxon. The Celtic languages, like English, were foreign languages adopted by the original inhabitants who have remained largely unchanged since they first arrived. You'll see some minor variation across the Islands but nothing severe.

way to miss the point stormfag

The Irish and Scots are different. One worships the English and the other doesn't.

Ethnicities exist, but they are dynamic and normally better defined by language types.For example, China has multiple regional groups that could be seen as different ethicities, but it is harder to contest these over easily distinguishable language and political barriers.

French Celts (Bretons) migrated from southwest Britain, which already had a lower incidence of red hair than Ireland and Scotland. Then they mixed with the relatively swarthy native French, which is why so few of them have red hair.

>The Celtic languages, like English
Shouldn't you at least finish primary school before daring to talk about such things?

>race is a social construct which has no basis in reality
>green means blue and yellow cannot exist, therefore colour is imaginary. We are all microwaves on the inside #refugeeswelcome
My friend, accepting reality should not be offensive to anyone

OP, visit Ireland or Britain and you will see people with olive skin and black hair, fair skin and red hair, and others who are blue-eyed blondes. For the most part, Brits seem more like the people of Northern France and the Benelux than they do any other European people (fair skin, brown hair and blue/green/grey eyes)

Genetic evidence shows there is no relationship between early Celts of central Europe. Maybe it was a cultre that spread through Europe widely

>swarthy native French
Retard

High test europeans: English, Serbs, Swiss
Low test europeans: Irish, Poles, Czechs

LMAO

The average has light brown hair and light eyes, while the average breton has dark hair and dark eyes. The iberian theory is true imo, celts are niggers.

average french*

Celtic isn't a genetic group but a language group

That wasn't implying English is a Celtic language but that both are foreign. Perhaps you should finish primary school since you completely missed the context of the comment which clearly distinguished between Celtic and Anglic.

I'd say the British were about a third pre-Celtic Briton, a third Celtic, and a third Anglo-Saxon, with a tiny fraction of Norman/Viking and an even tinier sliver of Roman in the mix

DNA, geo-location, etc. How about desire and Darwin? Pic related.

Oh god, i am average white america.

more isolated, less mixing

Couldn't be more wrong. Scotland was invaded/settled by Irish.

Which original inhabitants?

Red hair and freckles are traits that show up with higher density of inbreeding within small areas happens. So the small islands ment it was allowed to flushish just like in some tribes in mainland Europe it was prevalent. When the gene pool is larger it occurs less.

If their genes are so fucked up then why are they among the most attractive people?
>inb4 subjective aesthetics
Come on now, with all our evolutionary literature there must be some explanation for this, no?

Their genes arent fucked its just not spread as wide. And gingers are consistently voted one of the least attractive especially men.

t. Patrick O'Brien

>thieving niggers are a social construct
hmm really makes you think

>result of inbreeding
>not fucked
sure

>least attractive
[citation needed] (don't forget, you have to poll all 8 billion people on earth)

That's why ireland has one of the highest GDP per capitas.

Google is your friend

who is this girl

Unlike French and Spaniards, Scotts and Irish aren't the rape-baby descendants of germanic invaders.

Because the French and Spanish aren't Celtic

Spain=Celtiberians
France=Gauls

You two suck at spotting irony

Lowland Scots are, and they are certainly the majority of Scots

Because they're islanders. Living on an island makes you weird.

Spaniards-French = Romans

Spain = Goths and Suebi
France = Franks

I read pic related a while back, it's pretty good.

Red hair is more a stereotype, I'm studying in South Ireland atm, and most redheads I've met are other visiting students and not natives, the book suggets it's because red hair was brought in by the Vikings (his studies also showed a surprisingly low amount of redheads in Ireland compared to elsewhere)

i want to shag that girl.

Ive heard that ancient spaniards and the people of Ireland are related.

What about basques?

This

Vikings

OG Irish were like other continental Celts -> dark haired Mediterraneans.

tl;dr Viking red hair rape party

Very very debated. I think the main proponent of that theory is Stephen Oppenheimer. I remember reading somewhere that it was basically debunked but forget where it was. What I do remember is very little detail was provided. Bryan Sykes is generally considered a bit more reliable and a bit less speculative than oppenheimer though.

Red hair is not very normal here.
t. norwegian

Yes, your wrong. Irish person here, I see gingers all the time.

Uralic Viking rape party theory confirmed?

Literally everything you just posted is incorrect.

Good job.

The frequency of the red hair gene is the highest in Ireland, in fact, and the unusually larger frequency of red hair in Norway compared to other continental Europeans is credited to Irish/Scottish slaves/interbreeding.

>France was ruled by the Roman state
>Therefore French people are genetically Roman

>it's a rape baby meme thread

they all look inbred

Franks were assimilated and completely absorbed by the Romano-Gauls and Latin colonists in France.

>Celts
>mediterranean

That girls isn't neither Irish or Scot but a Swede and that's not her natural hair color.

Seems like it was actually the other way around a long time ago buddy.

Sorry you're retarded.

In the Annals of the Four Masters the first settlers of Ireland are dark-haired dark-eyed Mediterraneans.

>Real Irish are Black Irish

Pale-skinned blue-eyed red-haired snow niggers came later on a Viking rape boat.

Strictly non-factual.

The same story says that the Irish are Scythians who lived in Egypt.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

That's recently been dismissed and the majority of gingers I see here in Ireland are Irish. The east coast has less due to Norman influence.
Stop peddling bs

>And gingers are consistently voted one of the least attractive
Most people have no taste?
Not surprising desu

>tfw live in shitweden and there's not a single redhead in here
or Asian
or person with French accent
Just fuck my life up pham

celtic qts are for anglos only

>tfw the majority of Veeky Forums is newfags and thinks boxxy is the queen of Veeky Forums and dont even know who that is without reverse image searching to find her on knowyourmeme

>red hair and freckles
Most Scots and Irish look sort of swarthy. I pretty much look like a stereotypical 'celt' and I'm dark haired and green eyed with a fairly dark complexion

It's beautiful. Scotland was invaded by the Irish from Ulster who pushed the original inhabitants up into the highlands. Then the highland clearences moved the people from the highlands over to Ulster.

>Sweden
>Not a single asian
är du blind eller? Det är för många asiater här redan

jag menar de med platta näsor. inte muslimer

if you want asians you could always just go to finland

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

GDP is a meme
t. Irishman
But we are in no way low-test

Possibly the latter. Due to the fact that the areas of Spain and France that are Celtic today were colonized by celts from Britain in the 600ads

What a dumbass thread. The Celts were a culture, not a genetic type. Would you think black people in Nairobi are genetically related to American whites just because they speak English and watch American shows?

Irish/Scots are more related to English than anyone else.

The Danelaw is actually more Germanic than the Anglo-Saxon settlement, the Vikings left a hefty genetic footprint in the north.

Actually most Ulster-Scots are lowlanders (ie. Anglos) not highlanders.