This is the ideal gearshift

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

True, modern autos are the best performing, but a fucking knob is such an unsatisfying way to put a car into gear. If it's an auto at least have some kind of gear select lever

Just got a car that has this. Driven for about 7 years a manual Integra. For the last 2 have been driving 45 minutes in gridlock traffic one way so decided to go automatic. It's a unique design and I actually kinda dig it.

>everything is a volume knob now

>stereos have gone from volume knobs to buttons to touch screen sliders
>gearshifts will also follow this slippery slope
>my mfw when you select the gear with a touch screen

Why do autos even need this. Why can't one pedal be forwards, one backwards like a console game

>people complained about Honda taking away the volume knob so someone else turned it into the gearshift
Alternatively.

Also are the captchas trying to be more and more intrusive and annoying?

I got stuck with solving a dozen sign captchas and skipping 2 dozen disappearing captchas last week. It thinks you're a botnet if you're posting a lot.

It's kind of maddening really
I really hate those ones that make you wait for the picture to fade
The real trick is to move your mouse around in curves because that's what they're looking for, not how you solve the pictures, because they already know the answer

my mower is like that
except its secretly all one pedal

Have you seen the tesla 3?
Literally everything is on the touchscreen, even what direction the AC is blowing.
It doesn't make sense to tap through options to change the AC than just twist a knob or point a vent
At some point we're sacrificing convenience to show off minimalist technology where if a single point fails the entire car turns into a paperweight

I don't know if you can quite look to Tesla for the future of interfaces, they're kind of like Apple, mostly a cult following but they tend to keep their interface to themselves.

Actually in most school and travel buses they use a touchpad shifter already

At least these Range Rover/Land Rover/Jaguar dials retract inside unlike the absolute GARBAGE Jeep/Chrysler ones.

Chrysler are truly terrible

>it's already to late

God save my five speed manual

Literally appliance tier whitegoods knob

Add paddle shifters and you're right.

>not the glorious button

Didn't ferd copy that style too? Like everything else

comfy

I am surprised the safety brigade haven't jumped on this shit for being unsafe.

because it isn't unsafe. everything is either 2 taps away or mapped to the wheel scrollers. Using a touchscreen while driving isn't a big deal

>be in park
>watching South Park on dash
> a pop-up add
>car computer glitches out and restarts
>hear a violent GRRRRRRRKKH metal on metal
to fix
?? Tesla

If I'm not mistaken there are some Audis and Mercedes that have a similar thing, maybe the RS7 and S class. It has a touch screen interface that shows the vent positions and you drag around a dot to adjust it. Seems like needless mechanization.