[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

I'm creating this thread just so I can reverse search the OP image edition.

>Motorcycle Q & A
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Rating
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map updated July 2017:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously, on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

motorcycle.com/how-to/post_typehow-top38065/attachment/041316-chain-wear-07
youtube.com/watch?v=zIG530JstD8&list=WL&index=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maintenance time /dbt/!
While I don't know all that much about bikes, I noticed that the chain has too much play and I'm about to adjust that.

My question is: how much life is left in pic related?
Dirt on the chain aside, have to clean that

Sprocket's gone famalam

What power level of a bike should I learn riding from? (sorry for autistic english)

>100cc - 200cc
>200cc - 300cc
>300cc - 400cc

600 or bust. You're gonna get bored fast on anything smaller

Yup. Those teeth. Ugh.

I'd do front and rear sprockets and a new chain.

This only applies to americans and their boring ass roads with no twisties.

250-300 if you're prepared to resell it
650-700 if you want to spend perhaps a bit more up front, but keep it longer

motorcycle.com/how-to/post_typehow-top38065/attachment/041316-chain-wear-07

Depends on where you're from. If you're a Brit then 125 until you have more road experience to go for your full license test, then go for a 400/600

So you only need power on long straight stretches of highway and freeway to maintain speed, never to pull away from stop signs and out of corners or for just general hooligan shit.

Wanna know how I know you've never ridden a bike?

The longer you stare the more you "what"

>tfw every other bike you come across is really envious of your bike

Get anything you want, you could get a hayabusa if you behave

I-is that a scout cosplaying as an electra glide or whatever the name is?

Thats a victory fairing and harley bags

Pulling away from stop is that one and only case where power curve (incorrectly referred to as "muh torx") is more important than peak power. So fuck 600 for that.

Post Harley

Start small

>100cc - 200cc

Is perfect. It's also cheaper and you won't have much trouble when you inevitably drop it.

Also, despite what the children on here think, there's nothing inherently wrong with low capacity bikes. If you are not a huge fatass it will prove plenty powerful enough.

Getting first bike in a bit, the sporty-style ones I sat on were really uncomfortable. how do you lot manage with it being like that?

When will the memes end!

The blind lead the blind here

Cool story nigger

Carry the weight in your thighs and torso. Your neck shoulders and wrists should be relatively light and weight free.

Most people sit on sportbikes utterly wrong, stiffarming them and carrying all the weight on their shoulders and wrists.

Something something core strength. Personally my wrists start hurting after half an hour, but I just started and I'm consciously working on building a habit of holding myself up with my legs and core and not my arms. As a skeleton, part of the reason I started biking was to get a bit of posture change and physical activity into my daily routine - so I figure any aches and pains are part of the package and as I ride more, my body will become accustomed to those stresses.

>bike is in showroom condition
>few aftermarket mods
>only 85km on it
>asking 1.5k less than what a brand new one would cost

does this mean he hated the bike after buying it?

It means he's jewing you out, since bikes depreciate 50% as soon as they leave the showroom
Even km0 models sold by dealers should be 33% less than msrp

Pretty much yea. Or someone else hated the bike and made 'em get rid of it.

wifey is making him sell it

>falling for the sprocket jew
They still have the flats on them. Even workshop and mfg manuals say if they're flat on top, they're good to go.
That sprocket has plenty of life left.

600-700

>since bikes depreciate 50% as soon as they leave the showroom
lol

Shits fucking cheap. I just replace all 3 at once every couple years. BFD. Stop being poor and cheap.

are you american?

I dropped my bike yesterday and scratched it lads :(

Welcome to vehicle ownership, enjoy your stay
If you're lucky you might cop something rare or sought after and see an increase, but i doubt it's the case if you don't know how the used market works

200-300 if you have absolutely zero riding experience, you will probably hurt yourself or wreck the bike starting on a 600.

No

I share the same feels :(

I'm planning to wrap my bike with vinyl wrap I think.

DUDE JUST START ON A 600 LMAO ALSO FUCK GEAR ITS FOR PUSSIES XDD

How did you drop yours user?

Wanna know how I know that you're a homo?

I was a retarded and stalled my engine while using it with the front brakes. I should be using my rear brakes right? For slow speed riding.

Meh, a CB500 of Vulcan 750 probably wouldn't kill anyone to be honest.

Ye, 750 cruisers are completely fine for new riders. That's what I started on.

Im off to buy a 1000cc for my starter bike, wish me luck lads

good luck user make sure you pin the throttle whenever you can!

Hey guys, just got off my bike. Rides well and very responsive.
However, now the key won't turn.
I can insert it just fine but when I try to turn the engine on, the key won't respond/feels like something is in the way.
What do

Why don't Suzuki make a 125 (aside from the VanVan)? Do they hate money?

They don't want yuropoors tarnishing their brand.

>Netherlands
>Germany
>Czech Republic
>Slovakia
>Hungary
>Croatia
>Slovenia
>italy
>Austria
>Liechtenstein
>Germany
>Netherlands

14 days (maybe more) solo with a tent. 800km on day 1 and 800m on final day. Please rate.

400+

What's wing with vanvan?

it's an outdated piece of shit and doesn't come close to competing with Honda and Yamaha's offerings.

>800m on final day
Why stop so close to your goal tho

what I'm basically saying is that I will die 800 meters after setting off in Germany and my body will be repatriated to the Netherlands

Don't they make the GSR 125?

But it doesn't have to, it looks cute and also 125cc.

800km is barely more than commuting distance
2/10

DOT/EPA should drop all the bullshit rules that make importing street legal motorcycles in small batches so unprofitable.
I can convert a fucking motorcoss bike to be street legal with a $400 kit, why the fuck not make, why can't motorcycle manufacturers get same lax regulations?

youtube.com/watch?v=zIG530JstD8&list=WL&index=21

>Tfw no CB400 Super Bol'dor.

No, you can't. You can put lights on it, but you can't certify that the braking system meets the requirements of FMVSS122, or the brake pads edge code meets all requirements for the US, etc...

These are "Tombstone" laws. Every singe federal and state motor vehicle regulation has dead people behind it, usually hundreds, sometimes thousands. And you know nothing of regulatory compliance.

Should have bought a bike where dropping it builds character if you were going to treat it like shit.

You probably have the steering lock on, try wiggling the bars a bit while you GENTLY apply pressure to the key.

Why are you upset when stupid people die.

whats the point of going further than 800km on day one if the first interesting road I want to hit is 800km away? should I do an extra 200km on a roundabout? I'm afraid my tyres will wear unevenly

i approved that closet circuit examn
>started raining as soon as i finished
well almost done 2/3 done
>honda CBR 600f , 30km for 1.900€
why it couldn't have been a kawa

Took my motherfucking Harley for a rip today. Felt good walking busas.
Feels even better being an American I do whatever the fuck I want. I'll you fuck you over the table, doggy on the stairs

Did I ever say I was rich? Did I ever say I had a super fast car? No I fucking didn't. I'm a college student with a nice car that is decently quick but nothing special. The reason so many mouth breathing affliction t shirt wearing faggots ride sport bikes is because sport bikes are cheap speed. You go to a dealer and finance a CBR 1000 RR or some shit for barely any cash from your shitty warehouse job, then ride around like a faggot laughing at how you're faster than everyone whilst not maintaining your shit and riding on bald tires. Then you drop it and get road rash and go do drugs or some other shit instead of going to college or having aspirations in life. Obviously not all bikers are like this, but most other the faggots I see around here are total fucking squids

>go to bike dealership with all kinds of bikes
>there are some fucking massive harleys with radios and everything, but only 70hp

what the fuck

shit engines is part of HD's heritage

>70hp
I think you mean 40

>Kircheis.jpg
You sound upset

Nice blog. Where do I subscirbe?

Thanks, gonna try this now

I started with yzf-r6. Having fun, but already hungry for more powah ;___; (Owned it for 2 months)

Is this some new pasta I am not aware of?

30 hp? What do you need 15hp for? We should ban everything above 10 hp because people are dumb.

I've had sprockets way worse than that.

Why is a drz more expensive thatn a dr? forgive me im srtarded

Waaay back in the day there were European countries talking about limiting the power of motorcycles to 100bhp or so. Leno talks about it on one of his Kawi H2 reviews, probably the two smoke one. Can't be arsed to go look, though.

If I want to endanger myself I should be allowed to

ayy lmao

I'd really like to get a sporty bike with retro visuals, like the Triumph thruxton or the Yamaha XSR900 (so modern tech with a vintage look)

Does anyone know of a bit more affordable bike like those

>inb4 hipster faggot

you endanger everyone around you though, and what about the people that would have to scrape every idiot like you off the tarmac?

You sound like you're triggered that youre too much of a pussy to ride and that some squid walked your shitbox at a stoplight

Why do people get so angry at motorcycles? Don't you want to go fast?

No luck.
I feel dumb, I got it to start earlier and now its refusing.

I own a bolt, not really sporty, but it's cheap enough where I can ride it hard and not be scared of replacing expensive parts.
The other day I dropped it trying to do some skidz on an open field.

Never get a cruiser under 1000cc

When I freshly had my license, I thought the XV950 (I think that's the bolt here over the pond) looked really cool, but I'm not a cruiser type of rider, at least not yet. But that's exactly the direction I was looking for

but the bike looks brilliant, apart from that weird reflector on the fork. Is that mandatory in the US?

Sup fellow murican

god that's cringy

i got someone real mad with my bait thread

Thats what I was going for. :*
Thank you for noticing

You can turn the bars though right?

damn the guzzi V7 looks pretty gnarly, but I highly doubt it's sporty with 50 hp

That winglet ban sure worked well. Admittedly without being fucking razor edges sticking out of the bike ready to gore riders and pedestrians this kind of thing is actually sort of realistic to use on both race and street bikes but holy shit if it isn't even uglier.

LEATHER
STUDS
LUBE
PLUGS